[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

DHHZoBO_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

ctto

“You leave for so long, what is going to happen to my homework, who will do it?”

“I have already helped you to finish your homework for the next three months.”

“Why didn’t tell me earlier? I am going back to catch up on my sleep!”

“…”

(PB Mini Specials)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

In the drama, Dong hua was the one to suggest putting Li Jing as the ghost lord instead of his older half-brother. Did this happen in the novels too?

Also, can someone tell me what happened with volume 4 of Lotus Step? Last I heard, the volume is written but the publication is delayed because of the scarcity of some raw materials.

Finally, did Tang Qi say anything about Bodhi Fate? When will it start being written? Any new information about its characters? Anything?

4 hours ago, Chayma said:

In the drama, Dong hua was the one to suggest putting Li Jing as the ghost lord instead of his older half-brother. Did this happen in the novels too?

In the TTSK it was only glossed over on how Li Jing rose to power and the Ghouls becoming vassal subjects of Heavenly Clan.

"The Demon Clan*** Revolt ended there and led to big changes in the Purple Light Palace. First Prince was imprisoned, and Second Prince Li Jing donned the blue robe and became Demon Emperor. The day he succeeded to the throne, he presented the old Sky Emperor with his palace garden’s rare winter moon lotus as a tribute." (Ch6, TTSK trans by Toland)

***Note: The Ghosts or Ghouls is an entirely different race from the Demons who rule the Southern Realm. The Ghouls rule the realm west of Qing Qiu.

However, given that DH did not really retire and is active behind the scenes, it shouldn't be a surprise if he had a hand on which Ghoul Prince would lead the Western Realm while Qing Cang was trapped.

4 hours ago, Chayma said:

Also, can someone tell me what happened with volume 4 of Lotus Step? Last I heard, the volume is written but the publication is delayed because of the scarcity of some raw materials.

No new update yet in TQ or Lotus Steps weibo regarding the 4th volume of Lotus Steps or the 4th book Bodhi Fate.

By the way, here's the Lotus Steps 3rd volume cover design:

FoA_MCPaEAAbaX6?format=jpg&name=900x900

ctto

Spoilers posted in Weibo by readers, read it with a grain of salt:

Spoiler

1. LS is strong enough to be considered as MY's God of War title successor.

2. ZT prepared LS a flute as she looked forward to his birth.

3. More of DH as LS's half father, LOL.

• Thanks 1

The design is so pretty... ZT is so adorable and the design reflects well her childish/cute/innocent personality... As for LS, well H O T

:evilelmo:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

1. LS is strong enough to be considered as MY's God of War title successor.

2. ZT prepared LS a flute as she looked forward to his birth.

3. More of DH as LS's half father, LOL.

Ah yeah, I heard about it. 

1. It's less about strength and more about heavenly emperor's own desires actually. Since LS never failed a spell since he was 10k years and DH told heavenly emperor that LS is by far the most talented child, he kind of had it in his head that these attributes would make LS a good God of War. Strength wise, the only one comparable to MY is DH.

2. Yup, she actually asked SW to help her make a flute since SW is musically gifted and ZT knows nothing about music. But, since SW did most of the work, ZT felt that the flute should rightfully belong to SW and decided to make LS a new gift that she (ZT) put a lot of effort into. So, she consulted Sejia (wind god i think) and made him a bow.

Ironically, the flute ended in LS's possession anyway, along with the bow.

3. Needless to say, DH's love language is drugging others with the memory altering potion.

:facepalm:

On 6/8/2023 at 9:12 PM, Chayma said:

The design is so pretty... ZT is so adorable and the design reflects well her childish/cute/innocent personality... As for LS, well H O T

Right? So whoever plays Zu Ti and Lian Song should also hopefully have those qualities. Zu Ti as Cheng Yu is innocent and childish, but as the Goddess Zu Ti, I want an actress who can be dark and uncompromising when she decides on something. 

1. It's less about strength and more about heavenly emperor's own desires actually. Since LS never failed a spell since he was 10k years and DH told heavenly emperor that LS is by far the most talented child, he kind of had it in his head that these attributes would make LS a good God of War. Strength wise, the only one comparable to MY is DH.

I rather view the 3rd Prince as someone smart and decisive enough to be a War God, having been gone in wars himself, and might also have talent with creating weapons (Haotian Tower). Power and brute strength would be DH's and MY's, but brains and political know how, this Water God can dish it out. Also...the "siblings" DH and ZT wouldn't have bad eyes about LS, right? :sweat_smile:

Needless to say, DH's love language is drugging others with the memory altering potion.

You forgot the sweet and sour fish!

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally found the Ling Yu bonus and I am *shoooocked*

:waitwhat:

So, what I knew before was that MY went into seclusion. YH sacrificed himself to kill QJ and BQ erected a barrier around herself and YH for 8 days until MY came out of seclusion and convinced her to bury YH.

What I didn't know was that:

1- The moment QJ saw LY, he hugged him to his chest and asked LY to marry him... Like right there. In the middle of nowhere. Right after he saw him for the FIRST time.

:surprisedwut:

2- LY was *initially* pissed off about the manhandling... which makes sense I guess.

3- Before MY went into seclusion, he forbade anyone from disturbing him. Hence why, he didn't go to BQ until the 8th day.

4- Apparently, the time between BQ resealing QJ and YH killing QJ is 362 years... guess why?

5- The day QJ unsealed himself after 70k years was exactly the day of LY's 130k birthday... Yup people, QJ was counting the days until LY's birthday.

6- When BQ resealed QJ, he kept shouting LY's name and saying that he wanted to congratulate him on his 130k birthday face to face and ask him if he still remembers QJ of Daziming palace.... damn this hurts...

:crymeme:

7- When YH sacrificed himself, the earth god who was guarding the Ruishuo river went to Kunlun to ask for MY's help in calming BQ since even ZY couldn't bypass her barrier. When the earth god came, LY asked him if QJ had any last words. The earth god said that he died in a terrible state and didn't leave any last words, but that since he (earth god) has been guarding the bell for years, he should pass the words QJ said when BQ sealed him to LY. When LY heard the words, a tear fell from his eye and he wiped it quickly before standing up to disrupt MY's seclusion and ask for his help.

8- LY is 10k years younger than BQ

9- During the 70k years between MY's sleep and his return, LY became a High God.

10- All of MY's disciples come from prominent families and have joined Kunlun on their own. The only exception is LY who doesn't come from a prominent family but was adopted and raised by MY from a young age. Hence why, he ended up staying in Kunlun during the 70k years of MY's absence and when MY returned to Kunlun and the other disciples went back to their positions, LY stayed with MY in Kunlun.

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Megan It's GG's The Outsider Ep10. At 14:25, other characters are watching ELOD Ep1, and talking to each other that DHDJ and Wang Ju An (GG) look alike and exude the same aura. :sweat_smile:

Ah. Thanks for clarifying.

Speaking of Dong Hua, we know he is a shameless emperor. Probably his most defining trait. But who else do you think can give him competition for the title of most shameless?

FJ: I don’t know why but I find her blaming Migu for the plant pot incident quite shameless.

Miao Qing: tried to kill Bai Qian then had the gall to ask BQ for help to stay in the heavens

GG: mini DH. Once he grows up, perhaps he will beat DH at his own game?

Xiao Yan: the dude has no bounds when it comes to Jiheng.

• LOL 1

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH's half son and protégé Lian Song :joy:

And Ali also, taught by FJ

I haven’t read the translation for Lotus Step, so I’m not sure how shameless Lian Song can be…unless…the time he used FJ name to finally beat DH at chess!

Ali: he ain’t going to give up cakes to Dong Hua

Currently reading to the sky kingdom. In the book, the maid SJ sent to Qingqiu to get YH to return to the sky kingdom was named Qinghua. How coincidental that Aranya’s mother has the same name.

• Wiggle 1

@Megan LS taught YH to appear pitiful so he can get closer to BQ (Su Su)...and I seem to remember that a certain emperor in the dream ward pretended to FJ (Aranya) that he was "poisoned" by the healing tonic blood of water snake.

They're all shameless enough to pretend to be woeful and miserable :skull:

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Megan LS taught YH to appear pitiful so he can get closer to BQ (Su Su)...and I seem to remember that a certain emperor in the dream ward pretended to FJ (Aranya) that he was "poisoned" by the healing tonic blood of water snake.

They're all shameless enough to pretend to be woeful and miserable :skull:

Except FJ wasn’t sympathetic at all. DH had to force her to stay with him and bandage his arm. Then refused to answer her questions in a normal volume until she sat next to him. Lol

looks like for FJ, LS’ second tactic is more applicable.

• LOL 1

Does anyone find it OOC for Dijun to be bothered by FJ’s age in Back to chaos in a dream?

it kind of reminds me of BQ tbh, but is it OOC of DH to care about age gaps when he is infamous for being shameless?

On 7/27/2023 at 7:47 AM, Megan said:

Does anyone find it OOC for Dijun to be bothered by FJ’s age in Back to chaos in a dream?

Nah, but IMO he's more surprised that he has a son and wife from the future. And I suppose the needling of Zhe Yan in front of BGG somehow got him?

On 7/27/2023 at 7:47 AM, Megan said:

but is it OOC of DH to care about age gaps when he is infamous for being shameless?

Whether he admits or not, DH would still want to look good to his child LOL. Even if later on he and BGG in Back to Chaos had some frictions over FJ. :sweatingbullets:

• Wiggle 1