[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 minute ago, Megan said:

What do you all think about animation instead of live action adaptation of the drama?

I actually like animation because most effects and scenes get to be made according to the description in the book.

BUT, I also love to watch my favorite actors and actresses on the small screen so I guess I still prefer live action. 

• Wiggle 1

Hmm, Lotus Steps immortal arc would give a glimpse of 

Spoiler

Su Jin being useful for once. 

55 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I find that the team that made TMoPB and ELoD do a great job.

I kinda wish it was the same media company though that produced both. There won't have been issues with some parts being total deviation from the novels due to IP rights.

42 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I actually like animation because most effects and scenes get to be made according to the description in the book.

BUT, I also love to watch my favorite actors and actresses on the small screen so I guess I still prefer live action. 

Both choice are alright IMO. Animated version will show all the special effects to its full glory and there should not be much redaction of scenes. Could have even turned sensitive parts artistic enough too to still be shown, or implied, without causing problems to the intended audience.

However, live action is also awesome because seeing actual persons giving life to the characters have its own great charm to viewers. The expressions and acting of the artists, provided there isn't a miscast, would still trump the animated version.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I kinda wish it was the same media company though that produced both. There won't have been issues with some parts being total deviation from the novels due to IP rights.

Both choice are alright IMO. Animated version will show all the special effects to its full glory and there should not be much redaction of scenes. Could have even turned sensitive parts artistic enough too to still be shown, or implied, without causing problems to the intended audience.

However, live action is also awesome because seeing actual persons giving life to the characters have its own great charm to viewers. The expressions and acting of the artists, provided there isn't a miscast, would still trump the animated version.

I know right?

But I think live action wins because of the actual actors and actresses whom I adore.

Even if they are VAs, I would still like to see their faces and acting.

• Wiggle 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rewatching pillow book because I was feeling so nostalgic the other day:dissapointed_relieved:

i noticed the part where Zheyan is telling Fengjiun about how Donghua used have to deal with the demons coming to challenge and attack him constantly.

Around 28:10, Zheyan mentions something about the biggest demon of the realms at the time who ended becoming his “subordinate” ( this part I didn’t get because the subtitles say that but what he really said was “ little brother”?)

Now as far as I know the only demon that Donghua actually called a friend in those times was Shaowan.  I like the fact they included that there because I’m sitting here waiting for the other novels to be completed :twerk2:

Also rewatching it and realising how amazing Fengjiu is and devoted to showing her gratitude to Donghua is getting me emotional again. I have to remind myself how much she was tortured and still remained herself. It’s funny how all the other women crumble when they’re rejected by Donghua but Fengjiu doesn’t let her pain affect how she treats others in her life.

Watching the first part of show makes you think Fengjiu is wayy too good for Donghua. The show tries to convince how majestic and perfect Donghua is but Fengjiu is definitely the one to be respect. All that heartbreak she went through and that wasn’t even her heavenly trial.

• Love 2

Hi Bai gun Gun! I felt the same way and started re-watching too :D 

7 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Around 28:10, Zheyan mentions something about the biggest demon of the realms at the time who ended becoming his “subordinate” ( this part I didn’t get because the subtitles say that but what he really said was “ little brother”?)

Maybe in this context the big shot "Demon Lord" bowed to Dong Hua and would refer to him as "little brother," acknowledging DH's superiority? I'll search for this episode later to check the subtile. 

Also rewatching it and realising how amazing Fengjiu is and devoted to showing her gratitude to Donghua is getting me emotional again. I have to remind myself how much she was tortured and still remained herself. It’s funny how all the other women crumble when they’re rejected by Donghua but Fengjiu doesn’t let her pain affect how she treats others in her life.

Feng Jiu was raised well! Even though we don't know an awful lot about her upbringing it is safe to say she was made to deal with the concequences of her actions early on. She was clearly raised to be a future queen and wanted to be self reliant, strong and worthy of her (future) position. 

Watching the first part of show makes you think Fengjiu is wayy too good for Donghua. The show tries to convince how majestic and perfect Donghua is but Fengjiu is definitely the one to be respect. All that heartbreak she went through and that wasn’t even her heavenly trial.

What the serie portrays very well (imo) is both FJ and DH's growth. Dong Hua never knew love, and his foster parents gave him none but took him in expecting to gain favor in the future. I imagine most of the people who came to him wanted something, making FJ not only stand out but stand high above those. This intrigued Dong Hua, and seeing the extent to which she would go for him (and not to forget her subjects) he is moved. FJ is sincere and above all kind, generous AND beautiful. 

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...