[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

3 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Last week of Friday they dropped teaser/trailer for Ever Night 2 teasing for upcoming premiere and BOOM it will premiere today. Guessing it will happen to #ThePillowBook also.. Timeline is January 25. So hold your breathe. We aren't that far now :D 

I read somewhere though that the same station, i.e. Tencent can't have too many of such 'entertainment' videos airing at the same time. So the person who posted (in Chinese) said that if Ever Night 2 gets to go first, then Pillow Book might not make it yet. I for one am hoping against hope that, that is not the case, but just bear that in mind....

Wow, @even so the fans of Dilraba must have spent a fortune to put it up in so many places at one go???

3 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I read somewhere though that the same station, i.e. Tencent can't have too many of such 'entertainment' videos airing at the same time. So the person who posted (in Chinese) said that if Ever Night 2 gets to go first, then Pillow Book might not make it yet. I for one am hoping against hope that, that is not the case, but just bear that in mind....

Wow, @even so the fans of Dilraba must have spent a fortune to put it up in so many places at one go???

Yup. But no promotion from tencent 

Am disappointed that tencent didn't keep her word abt airing it on 4q as they mentioned it on the conference. 

What i understand is that each drama take a week after airing it so that won't be conflicted with other dramas and have its time to shine

I don't see PB being aired this week either we will get new teaser and photos or i hope am wrong and they will air it this week.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, even so said:

Yup. But no promotion from tencent 

Am disappointed that tencent didn't keep her word abt airing it on 4q as they mentioned it on the conference. 

What i understand is that each drama take a week after airing it so that won't be conflicted with other dramas and have its time to shine

I don't see PB being aired this week either we will get new teaser and photos or i hope am wrong and they will air it this week.

I think there was some campaign going on in China at that time about 'moral values' or such so there was a 100-day ban (?). After that, probably many shows were being lined up and they had to re-prioritise. I think the fans of Dilraba are using this method to pressue Tencent into premiering the show. Fingers crossed it will work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I think there was some campaign going on in China at that time about 'moral values' or such so there was a 100-day ban (?). After that, probably many shows were being lined up and they had to re-prioritise. I think the fans of Dilraba are using this method to pressue Tencent into premiering the show. Fingers crossed it will work.

If they are doing it i don't see it  which mean it should be  more vocal. I feel so bad for those who purchased the V.I.P and yet they didn't get the drama they want. I feel like each time tencent choose a date for the drama they postponed because of hectic schedule of drama lining as you can see alot of dramas weren't lining/posted on their page but get airing date and pillow book still their as promotion for v.i.p shame on them . We are 13 jan (mid jan) with no proper teaser . They have no consideration for the pillow book  fans 

1 hour ago, elsanna said:

On wetv it's title is... eternal love of dream:blink:... what's in change of title:o did I miss something:wacko:

What when and where did se the title change 

Plz send me the link . All i know they named it PILLOW BOOK 

12 hours ago, SC2019 said:

The 100 day ban was prepping for national day in October, and it just had more selected modern dramas, it's long been over. But yeah we did get massive historical dump year end. 

Tencent can totally have lots of dramas at once, it just wouldn't because that's a bad business decision. It tends to stagger big anticipated dramas. It's still pretty possible for it air say 2 weeks later and just split the schedule mon-wed, thurs-sat like they did with King's Avatar and Untamed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, skibbies said:

The 100 day ban was prepping for national day in October, and it just had more selected modern dramas, it's long been over. But yeah we did get massive historical dump year end. 

Tencent can totally have lots of dramas at once, it just wouldn't because that's a bad business decision. It tends to stagger big anticipated dramas. It's still pretty possible for it air say 2 weeks later and just split the schedule mon-wed, thurs-sat like they did with King's Avatar and Untamed. 

I think Chinese production companies need to be more orgnized like the korean one. Their arbitary will lead them to no where. There is no point of owning dozens of dramas and still don't know how to manage them or having  no strategies for promotion(am sick seeing untamed drama everywhere+a too much promotion for the lead actor. Sorry to say this , is tencent deal with promoting dramas or promoting one actor? are they his personal sponsor ?. Am not hater but it s overload ).

2 hours ago, skibbies said:

Well let's hope they don't leave us hanging on for too long. I suppose this is when it's good to bide by the saying 'good things come to those who wait'. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Well let's hope they don't leave us hanging on for too long. I suppose this is when it's good to bide by the saying 'good things come to those who wait'. :rolleyes:

Hopefully it wiil happen like you said . Not tpo forget to mention pple are leaking more videos of the drama 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, even so said:

I think Chinese production companies need to be more orgnized like the korean one. Their arbitary will lead them to no where. There is no point of owning dozens of dramas and still don't know how to manage them or having  no strategies for promotion(am sick seeing untamed drama everywhere+a too much promotion for the lead actor. Sorry to say this , is tencent deal with promoting dramas or promoting one actor? are they his personal sponsor ?. Am not hater but it s overload ).

Korea has a completely different production system, they film as they air, that has entirely different bucket of issues.

Tencent is a streaming platform, a media giant and these days extremely keen on developing IPs. Not relevant to this drama but it has copyright to web novels, adapt them into donghua/anime, manhua, and dramas, and also make games and merchandise characters. I'm not huge on untamed being everywhere, but they are essentially milking from its rabid fanbase, which is just how they roll. XZ is new hot property, his commercial value shot through the roof, so it's natural to see him everywhere, it happens. Tencent does have strategies to promote, I'd rather they don't over-promote to make people dislike something but they do what they want.

As for this drama, the rumour was it had to go through NRTA again late last year (Oct-Nov, can't remember when), so that would have been cause for delay. Joy of Life aired first, in the middle of historical drama dump. Ever Night followed because it's by the same author and share similar audience, it's kind of natural. The rumour I heard had been Ever Night mid Jan, Pillow Book late Jan. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, skibbies said:

Korea has a completely different production system, they film as they air, that has entirely different bucket of issues.

Tencent is a streaming platform, a media giant and these days extremely keen on developing IPs. Not relevant to this drama but it has copyright to web novels, adapt them into donghua/anime, manhua, and dramas, and also make games and merchandise characters. I'm not huge on untamed being everywhere, but they are essentially milking from its rabid fanbase, which is just how they roll. XZ is new hot property, his commercial value shot through the roof, so it's natural to see him everywhere, it happens. Tencent does have strategies to promote, I'd rather they don't over-promote to make people dislike something but they do what they want.

As for this drama, the rumour was it had to go through NRTA again late last year (Oct-Nov, can't remember when), so that would have been cause for delay. Joy of Life aired first, in the middle of historical drama dump. Ever Night followed because it's by the same author and share similar audience, it's kind of natural. The rumour I heard had been Ever Night mid Jan, Pillow Book late Jan. 

Even though untamed has huge fanbase that doesn't mean to ignore the other dramas promotions . They don't have to act like this when they have huge dramas like: joy of life , evernight s2 , and pillow book etc .. that will achieve the same as what untamed achieved and maybe more. This is a bad strategy of promoting their work .instead on focusing on one dramas . They should fix the problem of joy of life 's s2  hacked episodes. Anyway in my opinion PB deserve more promotion .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, even so said:

Even though untamed has huge fanbase that doesn't mean to ignore the other dramas promotions . They don't have to act like this when they have huge dramas like: joy of life , evernight s2 , and pillow book etc .. that will achieve the same as what untamed achieved and maybe more. This is a bad strategy of promoting their work .instead on focusing on one dramas . They should fix the problem of joy of life 's s2  hacked episodes. Anyway in my opinion PB deserve more promotion .

Joy of Life had plenty of promotions and it frequently trended on weibo. Ever Night literally just aired, and Pillow Book hasn't, I don't think they are doing too badly on news and promotions? 

• Like 1

The drama is not aired yet and they are already selling the merchandise? This look like a powerbank?

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/113267579.html?weibo_id=4460964302411942

@even so Agreed, I love the Untamed too but Tencent is milking it too much. And now there is also "The Untamed Special". It basically the same only few seconds deleted scenes :sweatingbullets:

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

The drama is not aired yet and they are already selling the merchandise? This look like a powerbank

How cool, I tot it was a handbag then I scrolled further down and saw the USB connection... 

• Like 2