[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@MayanEcho More love for our beloved couple :hooray2:

On 4/21/2022 at 2:18 AM, MayanEcho said:

Mr Merman will never have a peaceful day or time anymore. :lol: Same with the meanie Princess. I don't think even in Underworld she would be left alone. 

Mr Merman will be sent off to do random errands for sure!

• LOL 1

So the other day I saw a tiktok asking for our favorite fictional character (immediately I answered Dijun) and then they ask that if that character tried to kill me how long would I last? (obviously less than a second was my answer) but that got me thinking, if we take other fictional universes (lord of the rings, Harry Potter, marvel, etc) would our Dong Hua still be the most powerful ? Or is there a character more powerful than him ? What are your thoughts :tightdeadline:

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, kiotzo said:

So the other day I saw a tiktok asking for our favorite fictional character (immediately I answered Dijun) and then they ask that if that character tried to kill me how long would I last? (obviously less than a second was my answer) but that got me thinking, if we take other fictional universes (lord of the rings, Harry Potter, marvel, etc) would our Dong Hua still be the most powerful ? Or is there a character more powerful than him ? What are your thoughts 

Methinks he'll be as great a hero as the other alternate world heroes. His bottom line that must not be crossed would still be FJ and BGG, and whatever greatly endangers the living.

2 hours ago, kiotzo said:

Does anyone know anything about this ?

If i understood correctly via Google translate of the page, TQ's birthday is upcoming, and she would like to respond to her readers' greetings and wishes. Mechanics on how to join were also stated.

The last part of TQ's post (still via Google translate) says that the 3rd volume of Lotus Steps is in the publishing phase, just that there are some delays in releasing the books due to logistical and raw materials issues caused by the pandemic.

:yaaa:

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, kiotzo said:

So the other day I saw a tiktok asking for our favorite fictional character (immediately I answered Dijun) and then they ask that if that character tried to kill me how long would I last? (obviously less than a second was my answer) but that got me thinking, if we take other fictional universes (lord of the rings, Harry Potter, marvel, etc) would our Dong Hua still be the most powerful ? Or is there a character more powerful than him ? What are your thoughts 

I think DH would be the ultimate and silent all powerful character. Just because he appears to have both the power, skills and smarts compared to other fictional characters. DH would quietly sort things out in the background and no one would realise it. 

• Blob 1

On 4/23/2022 at 5:01 PM, MayanEcho said:

Methinks he'll be as great a hero as the other alternate world heroes. His bottom line that must not be crossed would still be FJ and BGG, and whatever greatly endangers the living.

If i understood correctly via Google translate of the page, TQ's birthday is upcoming, and she would like to respond to her readers' greetings and wishes. Mechanics on how to join were also stated.

The last part of TQ's post (still via Google translate) says that the 3rd volume of Lotus Steps is in the publishing phase, just that there are some delays in releasing the books due to logistical and raw materials issues caused by the pandemic.

:yaaa:

There is q massive lockdown in parts of China that is currently creating a huge logistical problem for everything including essential goods and services so this is to be expected for the short term.as the Chinese Govt is steadfast in pursuing a 0 covid policy. I can already see this is unrealistic in the long run so I hope some adjustments will be made.

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I think DH would be the ultimate and silent all powerful character. Just because he appears to have both the power, skills and smarts compared to other fictional characters. DH would quietly sort things out in the background and no one would realise it. 

i beg to differ a little, I think his counterpart in their universe will ultimately be his best friend, Demon Grand Goddess, Shao Wan. They are opposing forces so she is the balance to their universe. There must a Yin to the Yang. Tang Qi has left enough clues about this. There is a reason why Shao Wan re-awakened at around the same time as fellow ancient, Light Goddess Zu Ti. After Chang Yi died, the breath essence of both Goddesses returned to itheir respective owners and this triggered Shao Wan’s return. Ancients like themselves can return even if a single breath essence is left behind And its no surprise her story is one of the last to be told.

Remember the only formation in the world that can counter Dong Hua’s greater Qian Yuan formation is Shao Wan’s Jie Zi Xu Mi formation. That’s why Dong Hua went to retrieve it. It’s the use of her formation to counter his own formation that Dong Hua went on to become the Master of the Universe. 

At least Mo Yuan will have a chance to heal his heartbreak. How that story goes will be interesting though. Tang Qi has mentioned that how Lotus Steps ends will foretell Shao Wan’s return.

Here’s what you will read in Lotus Strps Vol 1 and 2.

Zu Ti was the flower master of the Eight Realms. This is why mortal Cheng Yu can see flower monsters in their human forms and converse with them. And what the Eight Realms didn’t know for the last several hundred thousand years is the fact that she had gone through many lifetimes as a mortal and when each mortal life ended, she would return to her immortal body hidden deep in Gu Yao mountains and reflect on that lifetime, each time learning new emotions and feelings before reentering each mortal cycle to learn more. Finally in her last lifetime as a mortal (Princess Cheng Yu) she learned how to love. 

it was also when she returned to her immortal body after Cheng Yu dies that Dong Hua finally sensed her presence. Shao Wan had put a spell on Gu Yao mountains to hide Zu Ti’s presence but at the end of book 2, Zu Ti removes Shao Wan’s ward and did something heartbreaking for the sake of Lian Song before falling into a deep sleep as Zu Ti. Dong Hua didn’t feel her presence until Shao Wan’s ward was lifted. Shao Wan is so powerful that I truly believe that she is Dong Hua’s equal in many ways. She is also very intelligent so It’s no wonder they are besties!!

This waa the ending to Vol 2 Lotus Step.

Next up is Chapter 2 part 2 - When Lian Song meets Chang Yi for the first time. This phase of the story tells of how Lian Song became best friends with flower

monster, Chang Yi. (She later rose from her lowly status to become the new Flower Master of the Eight Realms). This should be updated tomorrow as I am in the last paragraphs of editing the translation.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

as the Chinese Govt is steadfast in pursuing a 0 covid policy. I can already see this is unrealistic in the long run so I hope some adjustments will be made.

I think it would always rankle

Spoiler

being accused as the source of COVID, hence the very strict policies in eradicating the infection. 

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

This should be updated tomorrow as I am in the last paragraphs of editing the translation.

:dorashakes: Excited to read the next chapters!

On 4/22/2022 at 6:41 PM, kiotzo said:

So the other day I saw a tiktok asking for our favorite fictional character (immediately I answered Dijun) and then they ask that if that character tried to kill me how long would I last? (obviously less than a second was my answer) but that got me thinking, if we take other fictional universes (lord of the rings, Harry Potter, marvel, etc) would our Dong Hua still be the most powerful ? Or is there a character more powerful than him ? What are your thoughts :tightdeadline:

Hm imo everyone is powerful in their own special ways. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. And even our favorite character(s) have their ups and downs. I think that if we compare characters from a different world to another, it will be hard to determine who is stronger. Each of the characters in the different worlds can be shaped differently from our Dijun. Their strengths are far more different. And the environment that builds up their strength is also different! Also, their magic (depending on the universe) will be so different! Like Harry Potter uses a wand. Or another popular universe like Demon Slayer who are known for their sword skills to kill a demon. A great difference in magic and power. So I think that if we compare Dijun to other characters, I think that although he is a powerful God. If he were to enter another universe, it would be a little hard to compare. And I think because of this difference it will be hard for Dijun to fit in with the situation.  For example, the difference in their magic, different spells that'll be use, the quick response situations, defense skills, how they react to situations, and their emotions. 

• Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Khue N said:

Hm imo everyone is powerful in their own special ways. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. And even our favorite character(s) have their ups and downs. I think that if we compare characters from a different world to another, it will be hard to determine who is stronger. Each of the characters in the different worlds can be shaped differently from our Dijun. Their strengths are far more different. And the environment that builds up their strength is also different! Also, their magic (depending on the universe) will be so different! Like Harry Potter uses a wand. Or another popular universe like Demon Slayer who are known for their sword skills to kill a demon. A great difference in magic and power. So I think that if we compare Dijun to other characters, I think that although he is a powerful God. If he were to enter another universe, it would be a little hard to compare. And I think because of this difference it will be hard for Dijun to fit in with the situation.  For example, the difference in their magic, different spells that'll be use, the quick response situations, defense skills, how they react to situations, and their emotions. 

Imo comparing within the same universe would be the best as every universe is very different in world dynamics so it is like comparing apples to oranges LOL!

• Wiggle 2

:hooray2:Lotus Step Vol 1: Chapter Two - Part 2:hooray2:

Three Lives Three Worlds

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): LOTUS STEPS UPDATE :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Wherever Step Goes, Lotus Blooms:

Vol 1, Metamorphosis

三生三世 步生莲之化茧

-------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2, part 2 of Lotus Step has finally been updated. 

URL: https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/lotus-step-vol-1-chapter-two-part-2

In this chapter, we see the story from Lian Song's POV. This is also where we get a glimpse into the hard life of flower monsters without a Flower Master. To avoid spoiling the story, there are two Flower Masters. As the story unravels, everyone will find out who the Flower Masters were/are. Lian Song recalls his first meeting with Chang Yi, which was rather interesting as it lets him see women differently from what he is used to. 

So go forth and read to find out what happened on that fateful day...

P.S. I have been dealing with life and have slowed down translations a little for the last few months but I will be ramping it up with updates of this story again. For those awaiting the PDF to Back to Chaos, please exercise some patience while I get around to it. Once this is ready, it will be distributed right away.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Ninky! ❤️ 

I love getting to know more about Lian Song, the most elusive playboy immortal. I think one reason he's hard to find, who'd dare look for the Supreme Warer God of Eight Realms while playing go with the recluse of Taichen? :lol:

I find it good that he has no problem getting along with the Demons. His friend Lord Qing Lou is quite the gentleman, but poor him cos beautiful Princess Xiang Yun won't even look at him. 

Chang Yi is certainly very, very interesting. ^_^

Naughty, naughty mortal Cheng Yu, shipping Gen Lian Song to her benefactor Grand Councillor Su Ji. :lol: 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ninky said:

:hooray2:Lotus Step Vol 1: Chapter Two - Part 2:hooray2:

Three Lives Three Worlds

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): LOTUS STEPS UPDATE :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Wherever Step Goes, Lotus Blooms:

Vol 1, Metamorphosis

三生三世 步生莲之化茧

Chapter 2, part 2 of Lotus Step has finally been updated. 

URL: https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/lotus-step-vol-1-chapter-two-part-2

In this chapter, we see the story from Lian Song's POV. This is also where we get a glimpse into the hard life of flower monsters without a Flower Master. To avoid spoiling the story, there are two Flower Masters. As the story unravels, everyone will find out who the Flower Masters were/are. Lian Song recalls his first meeting with Chang Yi, which was rather interesting as it lets him see women differently from what he is used to. 

So go forth and read to find out what happened on that fateful day...

P.S. I have been dealing with life and have slowed down translations a little for the last few months but I will be ramping it up with updates of this story again. For those awaiting the PDF to Back to Chaos, please exercise some patience while I get around to it. Once this is ready, it will be distributed right away.

Hooray. Thank you

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Thanks @Ninky! ❤️ 

I love getting to know more about Lian Song, the most elusive playboy immortal. I think one reason he's hard to find, who'd dare look for the Supreme Warer God of Eight Realms while playing go with the recluse of Taichen? :lol:

I find it good that he has no problem getting along with the Demons. His friend Lord Qing Lou is quite the gentleman, but poor him cos beautiful Princess Xiang Yun won't even look at him. 

Chang Yi is certainly very, very interesting. ^_^

Naughty, naughty mortal Cheng Yu, shipping Gen Lian Song to her benefactor Grand Councillor Su Ji. :lol: 

The next chapter is about the “Umbrella Goddess”….

• Blob 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 5:59 AM, Ninky said:

There is q massive lockdown in parts of China that is currently creating a huge logistical problem for everything including essential goods and services so this is to be expected for the short term.as the Chinese Govt is steadfast in pursuing a 0 covid policy. I can already see this is unrealistic in the long run so I hope some adjustments will be made.

i beg to differ a little, I think his counterpart in their universe will ultimately be his best friend, Demon Grand Goddess, Shao Wan. They are opposing forces so she is the balance to their universe. There must a Yin to the Yang. Tang Qi has left enough clues about this. There is a reason why Shao Wan re-awakened at around the same time as fellow ancient, Light Goddess Zu Ti. After Chang Yi died, the breath essence of both Goddesses returned to itheir respective owners and this triggered Shao Wan’s return. Ancients like themselves can return even if a single breath essence is left behind And its no surprise her story is one of the last to be told.

Remember the only formation in the world that can counter Dong Hua’s greater Qian Yuan formation is Shao Wan’s Jie Zi Xu Mi formation. That’s why Dong Hua went to retrieve it. It’s the use of her formation to counter his own formation that Dong Hua went on to become the Master of the Universe. 

At least Mo Yuan will have a chance to heal his heartbreak. How that story goes will be interesting though. Tang Qi has mentioned that how Lotus Steps ends will foretell Shao Wan’s return.

Here’s what you will read in Lotus Strps Vol 1 and 2.

Zu Ti was the flower master of the Eight Realms. This is why mortal Cheng Yu can see flower monsters in their human forms and converse with them. And what the Eight Realms didn’t know for the last several hundred thousand years is the fact that she had gone through many lifetimes as a mortal and when each mortal life ended, she would return to her immortal body hidden deep in Gu Yao mountains and reflect on that lifetime, each time learning new emotions and feelings before reentering each mortal cycle to learn more. Finally in her last lifetime as a mortal (Princess Cheng Yu) she learned how to love. 

it was also when she returned to her immortal body after Cheng Yu dies that Dong Hua finally sensed her presence. Shao Wan had put a spell on Gu Yao mountains to hide Zu Ti’s presence but at the end of book 2, Zu Ti removes Shao Wan’s ward and did something heartbreaking for the sake of Lian Song before falling into a deep sleep as Zu Ti. Dong Hua didn’t feel her presence until Shao Wan’s ward was lifted. Shao Wan is so powerful that I truly believe that she is Dong Hua’s equal in many ways. She is also very intelligent so It’s no wonder they are besties!!

This waa the ending to Vol 2 Lotus Step.

Next up is Chapter 2 part 2 - When Lian Song meets Chang Yi for the first time. This phase of the story tells of how Lian Song became best friends with flower

monster, Chang Yi. (She later rose from her lowly status to become the new Flower Master of the Eight Realms). This should be updated tomorrow as I am in the last paragraphs of editing the translation.

Could You tell me please where did you read Lotus step finished?