[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

14 hours ago, Megan said:

It looks so beautiful but then I remember how cranes try to matchmake DH with their own daughter

The adopted daughter turned out alright. The real daughter though is very much like the parents trying to snag DH.

I'd like to think that the baby crane (LOL, they're called colts) in the pic is the crane couple’s adopted child, not Zhi He.

• Like 2

About Dong Hua, we know he was born from everything that is beautiful and that he is heaven's child, but I always wondered when he became emperor, did he also had to take the lightning test? 

• Like 2

@kiotzo I don't think so. Dong Hua had proven himself more than worthy by saving the world and restoring peace to the realms. I think the test is for the emperors to come who would inherit the title. They have to cultivate to a high level in order to withstand the trial and prove themselves worthy. So they are forced in a way  to cultivate themselves i.e they won't get it only through "birth right." 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

question, for the2nd  trial to become higher tier god/godess does the trial always mean heart break or is it tailored to god/goddess? 

Also have you guys seen the stills of a certain Red Fox now being a white fox in blue whisper?

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

question, for the2nd  trial to become higher tier god/godess does the trial always mean heart break or is it tailored to god/goddess? 

Also have you guys seen the stills of a certain Red Fox now being a white fox in blue whisper?

Not always heartbreak, but we can describe it as long and hard tests of the deity's resolve in overcoming his/her weaknesses. 

Reba is beautiful as Yun He. I just wish Croton officially releases soon The Blue Whisper for international viewers since currently, the subbing of the episodes are by fans.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Not always heartbreak, but we can describe it as long and hard tests of the deity's resolve in overcoming his/her weaknesses. 

Reba is beautiful as Yun He. I just wish Croton officially releases soon The Blue Whisper for international viewers since currently, the subbing of the episodes are by fans.

what offically was BQ's weakness? i mean she was a bit on the lazy side and bonded deeply to those she cared about.  im trying to understand and compare the various trials i see in the dramas. 

i agree on blue whisper! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

what offically was BQ's weakness? i mean she was a bit on the lazy side and bonded deeply to those she cared about.  im trying to understand and compare the various trials i see in the dramas. 

She's very loyal to her family and kin - it's a good trait, but it makes her stubborn, prideful, and somewhat blind to reason, or to ask and find out the other's side whom she considers as outsiders. Case in point, the reason behind Ye Hua's treatment of her during her heavenly trial,  and also Di Jun when he asked Feng Jiu's whereabouts. 

During her trial, she was so dependent to her association with Ye Hua, and expected him to be loyal to her as his wife. Granted he's the only one she could depend on that time, but then, Ye Hua won't tell his wife anything anymore, nor comfort her fears and uncertainties. Ironically, Ye Hua's own beliefs of how to hoodwink his grandfather to hide his love for her only exposed how much he truly cares of her. However, Bai Qian herself misunderstood, especially since Ye Hua chose to say nothing to her as well.

When Bai Qian's eyes were taken by Ye Hua, she thought for sure that she was betrayed by her own husband. It had really hurt her, otherwise she won't ask Zhe Yan for potion that will help her forget everything about Ye Hua, including their child Ali.

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

She's very loyal to her family and kin - it's a good trait, but it makes her stubborn, prideful, and somewhat blind to reason, or to ask and find out the other's side whom she considers as outsiders. Case in point, the reason behind Ye Hua's treatment of her during her heavenly trial,  and also Di Jun when he asked Feng Jiu's whereabouts. 

During her trial, she was so dependent to her association with Ye Hua, and expected him to be loyal to her as his wife. Granted he's the only one she could depend on that time, but then, Ye Hua won't tell his wife anything anymore, nor comfort her fears and uncertainties. Ironically, Ye Hua's own beliefs of how to hoodwink his grandfather to hide his love for her only exposed how much he truly cares of her. However, Bai Qian herself misunderstood, especially since Ye Hua chose to say nothing to her as well.

When Bai Qian's eyes were taken by Ye Hua, she thought for sure that she was betrayed by her own husband. It had really hurt her, otherwise she won't ask Zhe Yan for potion that will help her forget everything about Ye Hua, including their child Ali.

Ok that makes more sense.   Thinking of it from that viewpoint, she also had expectations of those that she considers family but same time she wasnt use to being alone. I think it was more than being betrayed by Ye Hua in taking her eyes, but his refusal to back her up and seeming to care more for the others.   She got to experience what it was like to be outside of family, and what it means to be in isolation, helplessness and terror.  

For her asking for the forgetting, I always thought it was her thinking of the big picture. As they werent married as BQ and YH -the Heavenly Kingdom wouldnt have acknowledged any claim over A'Li and if her family had found out -it couldve lead to war.   

So the trial was to have people either experience the opposite of what they are use to, and/or focus on dealing with negative traits or weaknesses. 

Makes me wonder what type of trial YH and FJ will have when they get old enough for theirs. 

Not sure which incident of Di Jun asking about Feng Jiu?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Romulan said:

but his refusal to back her up and seeming to care more for the others.   

A misunderstanding that could have been avoided if only he talked to her about his plans or what he was doing.

56 minutes ago, Romulan said:

She got to experience what it was like to be outside of family, and what it means to be in isolation, helplessness and terror.  

So true, and when one is judged unfavourably and treated unfairly.

59 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Not sure which incident of Di Jun asking about Feng Jiu?

When DH was asking BQ about FJ after she left for mortal realm.

• Like 1

A misunderstanding that could have been avoided if only he talked to her about his plans or what he was doing.

So true, and when one is judged unfavourably and treated unfairly.

Indeed. Ye Hua messed up big time there. Not to mention his ignoring/not considering how much of a threat his mom and SuJin would be.      I wonder how the trials were for her brothers . I mean we only ever see BQ's case.  DJ went to mortal world to experience hardships so that he could recharge up -etc. but thats different from these trials.

When DH was asking BQ about FJ after she left for mortal realm.

Ah in ELOD ! -now i understand

8 hours ago, Romulan said:

Indeed. Ye Hua messed up big time there. Not to mention his ignoring/not considering how much of a threat his mom and SuJin would be. 

Helpless and vulnerable Su Su was such a contrast to Bai Qian who was a trained warrior. She was so fearless mouthing off Yao Guang when she was captured by the goddess, but as Su Su she was so timid and easily bullied even by the servants of Jiuchongtian.

8 hours ago, Romulan said:

I wonder how the trials were for her brothers

I'm very interested with Bai Yi's, hahaha!

49 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Helpless and vulnerable Su Su was such a contrast to Bai Qian who was a trained warrior. She was so fearless mouthing off Yao Guang when she was captured by the goddess, but as Su Su she was so timid and easily bullied even by the servants of Jiuchongtian.

I'm very interested with Bai Yi's, hahaha!

Indeed!!  whatever it was, it didnt curb his temper -lol!

Re: SuSu - she even got bullied by that fake priest.  I think too that was her first experience not having a back up to help get her out of trouble. She always had 4th Brother and both would use a certain Phoenix's name to help get out of consequences. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Romulan said:

She always had 4th Brother and both would use a certain Phoenix's name to help get out of consequences. 

Although Nai Nai was very loyal to her, it's her first time not to have strong backing and to be a "nobody". It's so different to what she had as Qing Qiu princess and even as a Kunlun student with her shifu and senior disciples. 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Although Nai Nai was very loyal to her, it's her first time not to have strong backing and to be a "nobody". It's so different to what she had as Qing Qiu princess and even as a Kunlun student with her shifu and senior disciples. 

Agreed! even as Kunlun she was brought there by Zhi Lan and MY favored her too. Nai Nai was amazing but limited by her status though courageous in doing what she could to care as well as she could. She deserves some type of reward too! 

• Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 7:40 AM, Romulan said:

Hmmm I wonder what DJinn or what her grandparents would say?

Now looks like a Bai, but she's better as red :lol:

Joking aside, looks awesome too as white. Though I wonder if the aura is more badass if she's a black nine-tailed fox like in the novel.

×××××÷÷÷÷÷×××××

To those who celebrate it ❤️ 

DZeN1wAWkAAw8Lu?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 4/16/2022 at 3:40 PM, Romulan said:

A link showing a certain Red 9 tails as a white 9 tails!

Hmmm I wonder what DJinn or what her grandparents would say?

https://www.facebook.com/MairaLopesDramas/videos/a.294709542813690/1154433395315718

Gorgeous! 

If DH's daughter experienced Ji Yunhe gone through, I am sure he would have destroyed Wan Hua Valley.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Gorgeous! 

If DH's daughter experienced Ji Yunhe gone through, I am sure he would have destroyed Wan Hua Valley.

Mr Merman will never have a peaceful day or time anymore. :lol: Same with the meanie Princess. I don't think even in Underworld she would be left alone. 

• LOL 1