[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

What is his new drama? is it modern or historical?

The one presently airing, Operation: Special Warfare. Modern, military training settings, GG is the ML. 

@kiotzo, the FL Hu Bing Qing (Ning Mei) can be a sister to Yang Mi, no?

4 hours ago, kiotzo said:

may your belly be filled with DH's fish

So long that it's cooked like how FJ taught him, not that infamous poison sweet and sour fish, LOL!

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

Is there a thread for posting pictures that are just begging to get turned into memes?

There's actually a meme thread, which used to have a weekly theme. @partyon, weekly or every fortnight new theme for the meme thread again, pretty please, until @mirmz is back?

@Megan Gong Xi Fa Cai!

• Awesome 2

I've first watched Cdramas aired during early weekends as a kid. Didn't understand the dialogues, but I was fascinated with the costumes and their moves.

Much later on, I got curious enough to watch TMOPB after seeing a couple clips with great BGM. LOL, it was marathon watching for the next 3 days. And then to my delight, ELOD would be premiering just a couple weeks later. :)

FKo-4bYVQAUV90B?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

@MayanEcho It was fate then....

My Journey to ELOD started with anime then Taiwanese dramas in like 2006, moved on to Korean dramas and only a little over a year ago to chinese dramas.

I believe it was the romance of tiger and rose my first costume chinese drama and I'm not sure how I ended up in ELOD and it was love at first sight, since I was new to the genre and to the story the first time I watched it I was so confused but also so invested in it, so as soon as I finished I re-watch it for the first time and my obsession began.

I was lucky enough to find the forum and a link to the book in here and to continue with this amazing journey with all of you.

Anyway to end my rambling here's a picture of silver haired XiaoBai (it's how I imagine their daughter will look like) and also sorry if what I write sometimes doesn't make sense I'm normally only half awake when I'm in here...

• Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, kiotzo said:

I believe it was the romance of tiger and rose my first costume chinese drama and I'm not sure how I ended up in ELOD and it was love at first sight, since I was new to the genre and to the story the first time I watched it I was so confused but also so invested in it, so as soon as I finished I re-watch it for the first time and my obsession began.

The first time I watched a Cdrama again in Dec 2019 was very disappointing. I've no much issues with the acting of the cast, but the story handling went South.

By that time my FB feed has TMOPB clips. Finally I got curious and played one to listen, not even watch, LOL. I got hooked, and binged watch all 58 eps in 3-4 days. Then after a couple weeks, ELOD was aired.

6 hours ago, kiotzo said:

What would our favorite immortals sports would be?

Assuming that they gravitate towards martial arts in Olympic games, then they'll like boxing, fencing, judo, karate, taekwondo, and wrestling. Most of them like swords, so top favourite would be fencing? Also, archery?

• Like 1

A visual of BGG doing needle work

fd55c95aedf813d2749cafcdabd5f351.jpg

Pinterest/ctto

And the reason why BGG learnt it. :lol:

Feng Jiu came out from the inner hall and saw Dong Hua was mending the handkerchief she torn yesterday.

Feng Jiu: “…  What are you doing?”

“Mending the handkerchief.”

“… But all men don’t know how to do such a thing, like Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Lian Song and even effeminate looking men like Yan Chi Wu also doesn’t know how to do it.”

“Why?”

“They think it will lessen their masculinity.”

“You’ve been deceived.”

“What?”

“That’s just their excuse not to do the housework.”

Source: hui3r.wordpress.com

• LOL 1

8 hours ago, kiotzo said:

If I remember correctly mi gu is a tree spirit, how is that different from an immortal or fairy ?

Mi Gu used to be a tree that cultivated enough spiritual energy to have human form, then cultivated further to become an earth immortal. You can say that as a spirit he was a tree, as an immortal he looks human.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

What will they celebrate this day with besides chocolate? Cos I don’t think they have those in the 三生三世 universe.

sorrowless cake? Is that a romantic dessert?

Maybe 3L3W pastries and treats that give them the sweetest memories? For all we know, it can be roasted sweet potatoes in Taichen Palace for Valentine's Day.  :lol:

On 2/8/2022 at 5:16 AM, MayanEcho said:

No, I haven't received yet. @Ninky might be busy in RL and haven't done the final editing/proofreading before sending the pdf copy.

Me sadly two children down with covid 19. They caught them from school. My youngest is having a hard time as she has been having a fever on and off for the past few days. I am in isolation so once she gets better I will organise the pdfs.

11 hours ago, kiotzo said:

If I remember correctly mi gu is a tree spirit, how is that different from an immortal or fairy ?

He has already passed the first lightning trial and is currently an immortal 仙人。The strong spirit energy after he was brought over to Qing Qiu allowed him to cultivate well. The Fox King brought him home after he saved his lost wife with his branch. The Mi Gu tree

branch can direct people in the correct direction. 

The reason why she got lost was because the Fox Queen threw a tantrum and ran away from home after a fight with the Fox King. So that’s the back story as per Tang Qi, the author.

Fox ladies, they are quite similar, aren’t they. Hahaha!

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Me sadly two children down with covid 19. They caught them from school. My youngest is having a hard time as she has been having a fever on and off for the past few days. I am in isolation so once she gets better I will organise the pdfs.

He has already passed the first lightning trial and is currently an immortal 仙人。The strong spirit energy after he was brought over to Qing Qiu allowed him to cultivate well. The Fox King brought him home after he saved his lost wife with his branch. The Mi Gu tree

branch can direct people in the correct direction. 

The reason why she got lost was because the Fox Queen threw a tantrum and ran away from home after a fight with the Fox King. So that’s the back story as per Tang Qi, the author.

Oh no. I hope your daughters get well soon.

40 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Hoping that the little darlings will get well and recover very soon. Take care too @Ninky

40 minutes ago, Ninky said:

LOL! Takes time finding them as well!

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hoping that the little darlings will get well and recover very soon. Take care too @Ninky

her fever has broke thank goodness. 

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL! Takes time finding them as well!

Yes, apparently it took ages for him to find her. Luckily the Mi Gu tree spirit aided them. Out of gratitude, the Fox King uprooted him (the tree) and brought him back to Qing Qiu. Qing Qiu is very rich in spirit energy and it wasn’t long before he cultivated into a human form and later to an immortal.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Eeeep In the end, all three kids got it except us the parents!!!! The difference is they had one shot and one had two shots of pfizer  And both of us had the third shot. So to prevent omicron spread, it appears that the booster is necessary.

• Like 1

2bbb5bfe916a05c8c642294b4f54c906--chines

Pinterest/ctto

Little dough had a heart to heart talk with Dong Hua: “Recently, I increasingly dislike my father. He always monopolizes my mummy to the extent that I do not get much opportunity to sleep with her. Don’t you think he has gone too far? She is my mummy, not his mother!”

Dong Hua: “If I am your dad, I will send you to Mount Kunlun for apprenticeship, only let you return once in every ten thousand years. Your father is too soft-hearted.”

Someone asked the little dough what was his reaction after hearing that.

The little dough did not have any reaction.

That is because the little dough was scared to tears.

Source: hui3r.wordpress.com

• LOL 1