[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

The book already made me cry. The things she did for love. That sacrifice of her ripping Cheng Yu’’s memories out :bawling: made me cry so hard.

They won’t adapt until the full 4 volumes are out. Next year she will publish the remaining 2 volumes. Right now we are at half the story. I will be posting lotus step translation regularly for the remainder of this year on the blog. 

• Like 3

On 10/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, ChibiLy said:

To say it is completely FJ or DH's fault would be wrong. Both of them made questionable decisions.

As annoying as it may be. I think FJ needs know her impulsiveness caused dire consequences for people around her and possibly the universe. If her family, friends and DH explained things to her earlier on, FJ may not have made such impulsive decisions.

I disagree that it is DH's fault that FJ ended up in Aranya's Dream. It is DH's fault for taking FJ to the fight and ending with her in Fan Yin Valley. It is DH's fault for taking the fruit FJ rightfully won, but it isn't DH's fault FJ decided to steal the fruit. FJ have the autonomy to decide if it is worth risking her life to get the fruit, and she did it, even though she must have known the odds were stacked against her. 

Similarly, FJ can't be blamed for DH's decision to save her. DH knew the risk and accepted for a chance to save FJ, it was well worth gambling the chance of the world ending. 

Aranya’s Dream was where Tang Qi wanted them to spend time together. This was the device with which the couple will create a permanent bond to each other. 

It is her spirited nature that attracted him to her in the first place so I really don’t see it as a flaw or a fault as well.

As much as she denied his existence later while she was in the mortal world, she never stopped loving him as that bond cannot be broken.

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Any news on the last chapter for the back to chaos novella? Plz and thank you

Preparing for post tonight should be up late tonight. Its my birthday so I won’t be posting till later.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Aranya’s Dream was where Tang Qi wanted them to spend time together. This was the device with which the couple will create a permanent bond to each other. 

It is her spirited nature that attracted him to her in the first place so I really don’t see it as a flaw or a fault as well.

As much as she denied his existence later while she was in the mortal world, she never stopped loving him as that bond cannot be broken.

Preparing for post tonight should be up late tonight. Its my birthday so I won’t be posting till later.

Happy birthday :)

14 hours ago, Ninky said:

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed your day:fullofhearts:

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Who else thought while reading the novels that the night pearls would be floating while used as light? :sweatingbullets:

bfe74be00d457a7a48a958e17554ef03.jpg

ctto

I also thought about this. Especially for the part that it was use to also illuminate banquets, for example when Fengjui got drunk and Donghua carried her. It was describe to ornament trees or something like that. I kind of struggle to imagine it, so it must be floating?:sweat_smile::joy:

Btw, that drawing is really pretty! :please:Is it a fanart? Where can it be found? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, Shane said:

Btw, that drawing is really pretty! Is it a fanart? Where can it be found? 

It's something I came accross in Pinterest. It is not FJ per se, but her dress colours and style are very similar to the original FJ illustration, even how her hair was done. Also, there's that teeny-weeny red mark on the forehead, a feature which is identified to FJ. ^_^

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It's something I came accross in Pinterest. It is not FJ per se, but her dress colours and style are very similar to the original FJ illustration, even how her hair was done. Also, there's that teeny-weeny red mark on the forehead, a feature which is identified to FJ. ^_^

Wow that's uncanny! I also thought it was Fengjui base from the forehead birthmark :sweatingbullets:

but it's really meticulously made. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 2:48 PM, ElleSor said:

I adored DH in the Pillow Book...he really felt a lot of emotions.

Me too! He is one of my favorite ML. FJ made his world interesting and unpredictable. It's rather charming how he keep chasing FJ, even though he had no idea why at the beginning. Poor FJ was just as confused by DH.

A lot of readers/watchers say FJ is so impulsive, but for DH's standard, he was just as guilty of lacking self control around FJ. 

On 10/19/2021 at 9:11 AM, MayanEcho said:

Ji Heng was not interested with Xiao Yan so whoever was with him didn't matter to her. She had seen that Dong Hua's very tolerant of Feng Jiu's antics though, and even exchanged rooms with Xiao Yan to be closer to her, so...

Yeah, XY was a tool to get what she wanted. When DH exchanged his room with XY, that was quite a clear message to everyone DH preferred FJ's company over JH. 

On 10/19/2021 at 10:47 AM, Megan said:

Yeah, she saw how FJ attracted DH. But JH didn’t really change her personality like she said did when XY returned after ML died.

That was 180 degree change. I disliked how JH suddenly realise she is in love with XY after ML died. 

JH's idea of love is distorted but she never liked XY that way. It didn't make sense how she changed her mind and decided  XY is the one for her. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

That was 180 degree change. I disliked how JH suddenly realise she is in love with XY after ML died. 

JH's idea of love is distorted but she never liked XY that way. It didn't make sense how she changed her mind and decided  XY is the one for her. 

I don't know if it's bad acting or it was meant to be acted that way, but all the times I've watched that (undeserved) antagonist's HEA, Ji Heng does not look or sound sincere with her declarations of love to Xiao Yan. Well, it's like she knew it would be far-fetched to still have someone pursue her after her disgraceful behaviour except him, so might as well settle with him else she'll have nobody with strength to back her.

Fortunately it wasn't like this in the 3L3W novels, because how sad would it have been for Xiao Yan.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't know if it's bad acting or it was meant to be acted that way, but all the times I've watched that (undeserved) antagonist's HEA, Ji Heng does not look or sound sincere with her declarations of love to Xiao Yan. Well, it's like she knew it would be far-fetched to still have someone pursue her after her disgraceful behaviour except him, so might as well settle with him else she'll have nobody with strength to back her.

Fortunately it wasn't like this in the 3L3W novels, because how sad would it have been for Xiao Yan.

Seemed to me it was less love as seeing XY and marriage as the perfect escape from her brother n her restricted home life.  But once XY wasnt that husband she wanted, and it d wreck her plans. she just went to pieces. - pretty sad in fact. 

Question,  if Feng Jui heard about the mortal custom of dressing up for Halloween and decided to have her family participate - what would their costumes be? 

(feel free to be creative and expand as many of the family as u like..) 

• Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

Question,  if Feng Jui heard about the mortal custom of dressing up for Halloween and decided to have her family participate - what would their costumes be? 

Vampires! :D They'll look good with glowing eyes and fangs. Incidentally, Vengo's new drama is as a vampire. Check out the pics of "The Shadow" booting ceremony:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

If the goal is to dress up as whatever scares them…

FJ dressed up like a fuzzy snow lion

GG finds a fish costume

DH ain’t afraid of anything so hard to put him in a costune. But with FJ and his son dressing up, he joins in and goes for the scariest thing he can think of, himself in his armour, looking like he will smite you

• LOL 4

17 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Vampires! :D They'll look good with glowing eyes and fangs. Incidentally, Vengo's new drama is as a vampire. Check out the pics of "The Shadow" booting ceremony:

Cool! New series! and yeah I could see Dong Hua doing that and Gun Gun looking super cute with the fangs! 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, Romulan said:

Cool! New series! and yeah I could see Dong Hua doing that and Gun Gun looking super cute with the fangs! 

Actually...Dong Hua SMILING even if he's in his usual purple robes would be very scary, right? With a plate of his signature sweet and sour fish as prop? :w00t:

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1

20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Actually...Dong Hua SMILING even if he's in his usual purple robes would be very scary, right? With a plate of his signature sweet and sour fish as prop? :w00t:

What do you think A'LI would want to be and what would he and Gun-Gun try and get Zhe Lan or Si Ming to dress up as ?  

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1