[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 hours ago, Megan said:

Not sure how to feel about Nie Chuyin’s right hand’s death. On one hand, he betrayed his own clansmen. On the other, after so much loyalty, his own master betrayed him.

Sadly he followed the wrong person. Nie Chuyin only cared for his own desires and needs. He didn't care about others. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Sadly he followed the wrong person. Nie Chuyin only cared for his own desires and needs. He didn't care about others. 

It’s strange. I think he did care about his clansmen if he was appalled Miao Luo wanted to eat them. But the power has gone to his head and there is only himself there

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

It’s strange. I think he did care about his clansmen if he was appalled Miao Luo wanted to eat them. But the power has gone to his head and there is only himself there

Once Nie Chuyin believed he could suppress Miao Luo, then his right man Amang was dispensable. He is very ambitious and craves power. Once he had a taste of it, he wanted more at any cost, even if that meant he'd betray his benefactor Miao Luo and his own people.

Nice Chuyin is only loyal to himself, and to nobody else. 

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Once Nie Chuyin believed he could suppress Miao Luo, then his right man Amang was dispensable. He is very ambitious and craves power. Once he had a taste of it, he wanted more at any cost, even if that meant he'd betray his benefactor Miao Luo and his own people.

Nice Chuyin is only loyal to himself, and to nobody else. 

Out of curiosity what did he see himself ruling. The demons were going to be extinct under their rule at this rate and clearly they wanted to annhilate the god clan.

humans? Except they can’t mess with humans without painful magic feedback.

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity what did he see himself ruling. The demons were going to be extinct under their rule at this rate and clearly they wanted to annhilate the god clan.

humans? Except they can’t mess with humans without painful magic feedback.

IMO he was ultimately aiming against the ancients and to replace Dijun. He had thought of doing that to Miao Luo before he was found out. Also, if there's no more Demons other than him, there's still him anyway to continue the line.

Just now, MayanEcho said:

IMO he was ultimately aiming against the ancients and to replace Dijun. He had thought of doing that to Miao Luo before he was found out. Also, if there's no more Demons other than him, there's still him anyway to continue the line.

I don’t think Siming and Chengyu could be counted as ancients. No one knew Chengyu was the time goddess

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I don’t think Siming and Chengyu could be counted as ancients. No one knew Chengyu was the time goddess

Not them, but those he knows and considers as rivals anyway. Like Xiao Yan and Xu Yang in the drama. If he defeated Miao Luo, the next would be the other powerful deities. 

• Like 1

It’s a wonder why Dong Hua didn’t just use the starlight ward to imrpison Miao Luo instead of using a tree

I find it annoying that as Si Ming is explaining about how Dong Hua is so much weaker than Miao Luo, he sounds like he is blaming FJ for being the reason DH gave up his power to save her in Aranya’s Dream. Sheesh. It was his fault she ended up there!

11 hours ago, Megan said:

I find it annoying that as Si Ming is explaining about how Dong Hua is so much weaker than Miao Luo, he sounds like he is blaming FJ for being the reason DH gave up his power to save her in Aranya’s Dream. Sheesh. It was his fault she ended up there!

Perhaps because in the drama, Feng Jiu's impulsive nature and wilfulness affected Dong Hua - from insisting to go to Mt Qinyao that eventually led to Dijun granting a promise to Xu Yang, sending her half of her shadow to Fanyin Valley which caused Shen Ye not to fulfill his purpose as a shadow, and she going to the mortal realm and interfering with the trial meant to gain back his full cultivation despite Si Ming warning her not to.

I rather feel Si Ming was telling Feng Jiu in his own way to act more maturely, befitting as Qing Qiu's monarch and as Dihou, and not to let her pride and emotions rule her anymore. She was, after all, asked why she wanted the fruit, but even then she wasn't forthcoming with the reason why. How hard would it be for her to tell that she owes someone his life, and would like to give back that life using the fruit? 

The thing there is that she, being young and still immature in some of the ways she thinks, gambled her meager fairy essence and life to steal the fruit. Had she given time to think it through, she could have tried to talk again to Dong Hua why she needed that fruit she won, even if he changed it to something else. Though it was mostly his fault not probing deeper why she's so dead set winning the Pimpon fruit, neither is Feng Jiu totally blameless on why she would "lose" it.

Dijun in the drama didn't recover the cultivation he had shed to enter the Dream Realm, since he would then absorb Qiushui toxin, for Feng Jiu in the future not having anything to do with Ji Heng. Si Ming is her senior, a friend to her, and had seen the mishaps she encountered because she lost her temper. If he must actually scold her, he has the right to do that given how much favours she asked him in the past.

11 hours ago, Megan said:

It’s a wonder why Dong Hua didn’t just use the starlight ward to imrpison Miao Luo instead of using a tree

Which tree is that?

• Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

from insisting to go to Mt Qinyao that eventually led to Dijun granting a promise to Xu Yang,

She didn’t want to go the demon mountain at all. She was brought there by some stray wind.

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

How hard would it be for her to tell that she owes someone his life, and would like to give back that life using the fruit? 

After DH pretty much plays pranks on her and blackmails her, why would she trust him with that valuable information? He is too unpredictable.

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Had she given time to think it through, she could have tried to talk again to Dong Hua why she needed that fruit she won, even if he changed it to something else.

DH was gone. By the time she thought he would return,  the fruit would possibly be already eaten.

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If he must actually scold her, he has the right to do that given how much favours she asked him in the past.

Good point. I concede.

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Which tree is that?

Miao Luo was stuck in a tree prison until she broke free remember. Her legs were trapped and her arms were held in place.

The thing is the Starlight ward is not an easy thing and can have big consequences to using it, that was part of the reason he didnt use it in the first place. Also Starlight ward means anything that lived there was also forfeited. 

Side note. 

So i did a thing.. I requested/commissioned a red nine tail fox crochet animal/shoulder pet. It arrived in the mail!  I wlll try to post some pictures of it. 

Little FengJui!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Romulan said:

The thing is the Starlight ward is not an easy thing and can have big consequences to using it, that was part of the reason he didnt use it in the first place. Also Starlight ward means anything that lived there was also forfeited. 

Side note. 

So i did a thing.. I requested/commissioned a red nine tail fox crochet animal/shoulder pet. It arrived in the mail!  I wlll try to post some pictures of it. 

Little FengJui!

But he cast the ward in Fanyin Valley. He could have done the same to Miao Luo, while she was in her tree prison. She was pretty much the only person there anywhere.

congrats on your crochet. 

• Awesome 1

54 minutes ago, Megan said:

She didn’t want to go the demon mountain at all. She was brought there by some stray wind.

Drama POV in Ep1, she and her classmates talked of going, and she ended up there when Jing Wei chased her afterwards. Jing Wei admits to that too to Zhe Yan and Bai Zhen.

aT9yo7.gif

ELOD ep1, WETV (screenshot gif by poster)

After DH pretty much plays pranks on her and blackmails her, why would she trust him with that valuable information? He is too unpredictable.

True. Still, she could have told him why, since he already heard that she went to mortal realm in the past. The outcome can still be different if she had been honest with the purpose, instead of a choice of someone getting cured versus satisfying someone's curiosity on how pinpo fruit pastry tastes.

DH was gone. By the time she thought he would return,  the fruit would possibly be already eaten.

Which was quite bad as she almost lost her life from the serpents' attacks, but turned out to be the chance for FJ and DH to be together. 

IMO, it's quite a lesson on how to present your cause to get the favour. Anyhow, even if the outcome was bad initially, at the least the Dream Realm and its creator was resolved.

Miao Luo was stuck in a tree prison until she broke free remember. Her legs were trapped and her arms were held in place.

Wasn't that tree imprisoning her a manifestation of Dong Hua's use of his own cultivation? She got free after she had used the Soul Jade and got back her red Qis, while he was weakened and poisoned.

53 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Little FengJui!

Wow! Post the pics soon!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:37 AM, Megan said:

To say it is completely FJ or DH's fault would be wrong. Both of them made questionable decisions.

As annoying as it may be. I think FJ needs know her impulsiveness caused dire consequences for people around her and possibly the universe. If her family, friends and DH explained things to her earlier on, FJ may not have made such impulsive decisions.

I disagree that it is DH's fault that FJ ended up in Aranya's Dream. It is DH's fault for taking FJ to the fight and ending with her in Fan Yin Valley. It is DH's fault for taking the fruit FJ rightfully won, but it isn't DH's fault FJ decided to steal the fruit. FJ have the autonomy to decide if it is worth risking her life to get the fruit, and she did it, even though she must have known the odds were stacked against her. 

Similarly, FJ can't be blamed for DH's decision to save her. DH knew the risk and accepted for a chance to save FJ, it was well worth gambling the chance of the world ending. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

To say it is completely FJ or DH's fault would be wrong. Both of them made questionable decisions.

As annoying as it may be. I think FJ needs know her impulsiveness caused dire consequences for people around her and possibly the universe. If her family, friends and DH explained things to her earlier on, FJ may not have made such impulsive decisions.

I disagree that it is DH's fault that FJ ended up in Aranya's Dream. It is DH's fault for taking FJ to the fight and ending with her in Fan Yin Valley. It is DH's fault for taking the fruit FJ rightfully won, but it isn't DH's fault FJ decided to steal the fruit. FJ have the autonomy to decide if it is worth risking her life to get the fruit, and she did it, even though she must have known the odds were stacked against her. 

Similarly, FJ can't be blamed for DH's decision to save her. DH knew the risk and accepted for a chance to save FJ, it was well worth gambling the chance of the world ending. 

Yes, I agree that DH could not have forced FJ to decide to steal the fruit. He did put it out of her range by switching it out with peaches but FJ should have not insisted on stealing it. After all, stealing is stealing. She should have stolen it from that evil girl who was clinging on to DH. Hahahaha!

• LOL 1

Just now, ElleSor said:

Yes, I agree that DH could not have forced FJ to decide to steal the fruit. He did put it out of her range by switching it out with peaches but FJ should have not insisted on stealing it. After all, stealing is stealing. She should have stolen it from that evil girl who was clinging on to DH. Hahahaha!

It would be risky leaving the fruit in JH hands when it might be eaten at any second.

Also, I’m currently watching the last episode. What does ML mean when she says DH made her a demon…?

I can’t remember if I posted this before but Jiheng’s monologue makes no sense.

since when did she change herself to please DH? She was always prim and proper.

and everyone could see FJ acting huffy and childish with DH. If JH is relieved she can act like that around XY, why not DH?

5 hours ago, ElleSor said:

She should have stolen it from that evil girl who was clinging on to DH. Hahahaha!

What a twist it would have been, hahaha!

5 hours ago, Megan said:

It would be risky leaving the fruit in JH hands when it might be eaten at any second.

Stealing it from Ji Heng will not be suicidal compared to the 4 giant serpents guarding Jieyou Spring.  Xiao Yan would certainly back her since he reckons that Feng Jiu won it and therefore owns it.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Also, I’m currently watching the last episode. What does ML mean when she says DH made her a demon…?

It can be that since there was an uneasy truce between the Gods and the Demons, and that Dong Hua chose to live in Jiuchongtian, Miao Luo as his enemy had to side with the Demons. 

One more thing. IMO, recalling Lian Song's remarks on the way possessed Xiao Yan was attacking Feng Jiu at Ep33 as hallmark of being a Demon, Miao Luo's remark of Dong Hua making her a Demon is an acknowledgement of their differences: he is calmly springing surprise, unexpected moves against her, whereas she has to rely on strength and viciousness to battle him.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I can’t remember if I posted this before but Jiheng’s monologue makes no sense.

since when did she change herself to please DH? She was always prim and proper.

Which monologue was that? Perhaps she changed when she was in Fanyin Valley after interacting only with him every ten years.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

and everyone could see FJ acting huffy and childish with DH. If JH is relieved she can act like that around XY, why not DH?

Ji Heng was not interested with Xiao Yan so whoever was with him didn't matter to her. She had seen that Dong Hua's very tolerant of Feng Jiu's antics though, and even exchanged rooms with Xiao Yan to be closer to her, so...

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Ji Heng was not interested with Xiao Yan so whoever was with him didn't matter to her. She had seen that Dong Hua's very tolerant of Feng Jiu's antics though, and even exchanged rooms with Xiao Yan to be closer to her, so...

Yeah, she saw how FJ attracted DH. But JH didn’t really change her personality like she said did when XY returned after ML died.