Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书


MayanEcho

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just woke up @Romulan so may have missed most of everything. Anything else you need at the minute? I am Focusing on outtake translation atm.

Hi @NinkyIm good unless you happen to come across a particularly memorable exclamation or short phrase while doing the translation?  :D or one u think we ve overlooked?  

 

Below are the options we have so far TMPB/ELOD quotes for badge ribbons:

 

"the gentleman later fell for the pet"

公子后来喜欢上了宠物

 

“What’s that? Never heard of it.”

“什么东西,没听说过。”

 

“Dear me, this isn’t a dream?”

爷爷的,不是幻觉吧?

 

“Hey, what else are you afraid of?”
“喂,你还怕什么?”

 

“Ah, that's because compared to them, I'm a weak hero.”
“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

**I think this one might be too long though I do like it. 

 

“Teacher, your soup is spilling!”
“老师,汤洒了。”

 

“Which b*stard tried to murder me?!”
“谁暗算老子!”

 

Three Lives Three Worlds
三生三世

 

Zhe Yan's peach blossom wine
折颜的桃花酿

 

***or if you happen to have an idea for 1 or 2 good Untamed quotes..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Hi @NinkyIm good unless you happen to come across a particularly memorable exclamation or short phrase while doing the translation?  :D or one u think we ve overlooked?  

 

Below are the options we have so far TMPB/ELOD quotes for badge ribbons:

 

"the gentleman later fell for the pet"

公子后来喜欢上了宠物

 

“What’s that? Never heard of it.”

“什么东西,没听说过。”

 

“Dear me, this isn’t a dream?”

爷爷的,不是幻觉吧?


 

“Dear me” is a milder version of what she actually said. It’s more like an exclamation that is rather “rude”  it’s more like “in the name of my grandfather” (swearing in the name of my ancestors). 

“In the name of my grandfather, this isn’t a dream, right?”

 

That’s the technically correct translation.

 

 

Quote

“Hey, what else are you afraid of?”
“喂,你还怕什么?”

 

“Ah, that's because compared to them, I'm a weak hero.”
“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

**I think this one might be too long though I do like it. 

 

“Teacher, your soup is spilling!”
“老师,汤洒了。”

 

should be 

“Teacher, your soup has spilt.”

indicates the action has already happened, not in the process of.

 

Quote

 

“Which b*stard tried to murder me?!”
“谁暗算老子!”

 

should be

“Who tried to attack me in the dark!”

 

This is the correctly worded accusation in English. The paraphrased one makes it feel more exciting but is not the correct translation from the chinese text.

 

Quote

 

Three Lives Three Worlds
三生三世

 

Zhe Yan's peach blossom wine
折颜的桃花酿

 

***or if you happen to have an idea for 1 or 2 good Untamed quotes..

@Romulan corrected the translations aa above.

  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Hmm…what do you think of the quote where DH says “Sorry, my hand slipped.”?

While funny, probably wouldnt do it on a ribbon to avoid ppl getting offended by reading it out of context.

  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Romulan said:

While funny, probably wouldnt do it on a ribbon to avoid ppl getting offended by reading it out of context.

Ah, I see.

 

DH’s lines are always the best

  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am finally able to sit down and finish a lot of translation work in one sitting. I am expecting to post the last Chapter of Back to Chaos tomorrow and add some speed to Lotus Step. Anyway, I am glad we are out of lockdown but we are still shaky in the sense that we could go back into lockdown at anytime. But at least we are doing well in comparison to NSW.

 

The reason why I lose time for translation in a lockdown is because I have to homeschool and my workload at home will explode. So I am glad I can now sit down and have several cups of tea and seriously do this translation that I thoroughly enjoy. And again, I apologise if it had taken forever.

 

Sydney's infections are like a roaring bushfire atm and I hope they can keep it under control, otherwise the risk is high that it will spread to other states and territories yet again.

 

 

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

 

Lol it is true.  

Best excuse for tossing the soup to Yan. :p

It's the retribution of Dong Hua's jealous RAGE Muahahahahaha!:glasses: @Romulan I am sorry I couldn't be much of a help yesterday.

  • Awesome 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I am finally able to sit down and finish a lot of translation work in one sitting. I am expecting to post the last Chapter of Back to Chaos tomorrow and add some speed to Lotus Step. Anyway, I am glad we are out of lockdown but we are still shaky in the sense that we could go back into lockdown at anytime. But at least we are doing well in comparison to NSW.

 

The reason why I lose time for translation in a lockdown is because I have to homeschool and my workload at home will explode. So I am glad I can now sit down and have several cups of tea and seriously do this translation that I thoroughly enjoy. And again, I apologise if it had taken forever.

 

Sydney's infections are like a roaring bushfire atm and I hope they can keep it under control, otherwise the risk is high that it will spread to other states and territories yet again.

We understand @Ninky. Covid is still causing ripple effects and issues 18 months later.  :(   

 

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It's the retribution of Dong Hua's jealous RAGE Muahahahahaha!:glasses: @Romulan I am sorry I couldn't be much of a help yesterday.

Hey No worries @Ninky:) Real life gets crazy - these last 3 years have been a roller coaster.   

 

I look forward to the new translation as well as reading the Lotus Steps and Bohdi Fate!  

 

Oh this might interest you. I ordered a book that is suppose to be all about Asian outfit patterns, its written in Chinese but supposedly its usable even without the translations.. if u are interested I can take some photos once it arrives :)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It's the retribution of Dong Hua's jealous RAGE

 

Also due to food rage, LOL! 

 

1. There's a banquet but forced to eat Ji Heng's soup.

2. Lian Song and Ali won't share the cakes.

3. Feng Jiu is indulging Xiao Yan's cravings.

:hahah!:

  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Romulan said:

We understand @Ninky. Covid is still causing ripple effects and issues 18 months later.  :(   

 

Hey No worries @Ninky:) Real life gets crazy - these last 3 years have been a roller coaster.   

 

I look forward to the new translation as well as reading the Lotus Steps and Bohdi Fate!  

 

Oh this might interest you. I ordered a book that is suppose to be all about Asian outfit patterns, its written in Chinese but supposedly its usable even without the translations.. if u are interested I can take some photos once it arrives :)  

Ohh I would love to have pictures of that, the outfit patterns! So is that Ye Hua "Little Black Snake" 小黑蛇 completed?

 

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Also due to food rage, LOL! 

 

1. There's a banquet but forced to eat Ji Heng's soup.

2. Lian Song and Ali won't share the cakes.

3. Feng Jiu is indulging Xiao Yan's cravings.

:hahah!:

1。 I can imagine that in the book version he was probably looking at the cakes with longing. (like the drama haha). TBH Ji Heng wasn't dumb, she knew Dong Hua likes Feng Jiu by this point. In the book she also slotted herself in between Dong Hua and her. In fact, Feng Jiu was also jealous, which led to no 3.

2.   They refused to share petulantly hahahaha

3.  He really hated to see Feng Jiu and Xiao Yan being THAT close. I mean they were whispering together and were physically close on the staircase landing of the teahouse in the book. That can't help him feel better hahahaha!

:hwaiting2:

  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2021 at 12:56 PM, Ninky said:

Ohh I would love to have pictures of that, the outfit patterns! So is that Ye Hua "Little Black Snake" 小黑蛇 completed?

Once the book arrives I will do it! 

There is a second book that is on Hanfu but its short. 

Should be close to being done. Im following up and should know soon. 

 

Hmmmm...  I think this also needs to be a ribbon! 

 

Ye Hua "Little Black Snake" 小黑蛇

Does Ye Hua = 夜华 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 3:30 PM, Romulan said:

Once the book arrives I will do it! 

There is a second book that is on Hanfu but its short. 

Should be close to being done. Im following up and should know soon. 

 

Hmmmm...  I think this also needs to be a ribbon! 

 

Ye Hua "Little Black Snake" 小黑蛇

Does Ye Hua = 夜华 ?

Yes That's Ye Hua's Name. Generallly means Night Splendour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aside from Bai Qian, and Ye Hua to an extent, who else will Tianjun offend? I'm betting on Cheng Yu, before she's back to her real goddess self.

 

vlcsnap-00050.png

ctto 

 

Hao De has to be taught or reminded not to judge a book by its cover. :rolleyes:

 

Hmm, will Ye Hua ascend toJiuchongtian's Lord status in Lotus Steps? Given that it's a 4 volume book...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question: why did they let Su Jin guard the bell? I know her punishment was removed status. But SJ is a weak and treacherous fairy. Why let her guard the prison of a powerful foe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question: why did they let Su Jin guard the bell? I know her punishment was removed status. But SJ is a weak and treacherous fairy. Why let her guard the prison of a powerful foe?

 

Jiuchongtian couldn't deny Bai Qian's "request" after offending her so much. Other than that, it's time for Su Jin to give back for that Battle in Ruoshui, since she was the one who benefited the most for so many who were sacrificed.

 

As a guard, all she needed to do was sound the alarm to the celestials for abnormal activities or signs. It's not as if she's expected to face Qing Cang or ghouls loyal to him. In the end, she proved unworthy of being even an immortal, getting that status revoked forever and experiencing lifetimes of love trials. 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question: why did they let Su Jin guard the bell? I know her punishment was removed status. But SJ is a weak and treacherous fairy. Why let her guard the prison of a powerful foe?

 

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

 

Jiuchongtian couldn't deny Bai Qian's "request" after offending her so much. Other than that, it's time for Su Jin to give back for that Battle in Ruoshui, since she was the one who benefited the most for so many who were sacrificed.

 

As a guard, all she needed to do was sound the alarm to the celestials for abnormal activities or signs. It's not as if she's expected to face Qing Cang or ghouls loyal to him. In the end, she proved unworthy of being even an immortal, getting that status revoked forever and experiencing lifetimes of love trials. 

Bai Qian was being merciful since she knew it was a position that had a good guardian there already.

It was basically being sent to a remote guard post where little possiblity of anything really happening.

But same time kept her away from causing trouble again.

 

Additionally, Bai Qian was giving the Celestial Clan a major face saving option since she was handling this privately. She couldve asked for her death, a public apology - a bunch of options that she chose to not do. 

 

Note too, you can also see the hypocrisy in the Emperor's treatment of Su Su -who was left without sight for many monthis -while for SuJin he arrange a way for her to not remain blind using a fish's eyes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..