[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Arg!!!!!! waiting can be so hard!

So my younger sister (M9) has joined the ranks that like both C and K dramas. 

She is halfway thru TMPBs and I need her to finish so she can enjoy ELOD!

And then I can also hand her the nice translated novella links thanks to folks here who ensure we have good translations!

Next step after that is to get her(M9) and my other sister(M3) to plan on a good ELOD cosplay or TMPB.  I got my Black Shen Ye outfit..  -younger sister is slightly shorter than me, willowy with long black hair and mid complexition.

Any suggestions?  

Also sorry all of us girls have 1st name that begin with M so for us M# means our birth order. she is the 9th. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, Romulan said:

Next step after that is to get her(M9) and my other sister(M3) to plan on a good ELOD cosplay or TMPB.  I got my Black Shen Ye outfit..  -younger sister is slightly shorter than me, willowy with long black hair and mid complexition.

Maybe as Aranya or as Xuan Nu?

• Like 1

Snippet from Lotus Step Chapter 2 Part 2, something to have a good laugh:

"Princess Xiang Yun was the Demon races’ greatest beauty of the current generation. She was rumoured amongst them to be comparable to the number one beauty of the God race, Qing Qiu's Bai Qian, and was just as beautiful. However, the Demon race had always loved competing with the God race, but their repeated contesting and losing, losing and continuously contending, constantly challenging and losing had caused them such significant psychological problems, so much so that their self-evaluation was consistently inaccurate. Thus, Lian Song did not take the rumours circulating within their race to heart."

:hwaiting2:

Be warned, Chapter 2 part 2 has many funny scenes that will have ya'll up in stitches! We have chosen to translate some bits of it literally to show you Tang Qi's sense of humour!!! Because I can't stop laughing.

• LOL 4

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

"Princess Xiang Yun was the Demon races’ greatest beauty of the current generation. She was rumoured amongst them to be comparable to the number one beauty of the God race, Qing Qiu's Bai Qian, and was just as beautiful. However, the Demon race had always loved competing with the God race, but their repeated contesting and losing, losing and continuously contending, constantly challenging and losing had caused them such significant psychological problems, so much so that their self-evaluation was consistently inaccurate. Thus, Lian Song did not take the rumours circulating within their race to heart."

NOOOO!!! :lol: Ancestor Shao Wan will disown you Demons! 

Ngyar, these Demons are losing cos they compete just because they feel they have to, LOL! 

• LOL 2
  • Blob 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Di Jun in fox mask still attracts the most admirers and proposals. B) 

Agreed though Im surprised they picked that mask and not the eye mask he wore when FengJui was watching the Yueling flowers.  

• Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, Romulan said:

Agreed though Im surprised they picked that mask and not the eye mask he wore when FengJui was watching the Yueling flowers.  

IMO, that mask is better too, as it shows more of his face. 

It's nice though that in that short clip, we see two lead actresses and one lead actor of the 3L3W dramas. :)

• Awesome 1

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

• Blob 2

So accurate, though why did he even come to class if he was just going to sleep? 

I do wonder on exactly what will be FG's test for high goddess and how exactly will an over protective husband stay out of it... 

part of me wondered if Bai Qian test was so traumatic in part because she d been sheltered during the thunderbolts n later got half of her mom's power.

with BGG being as smart as he is, what are the chances he and his mom get their thunderbolts are close to the same time?

I think the Fox Queen is very happy with her grand kids and great grandkid

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

So accurate, though why did he even come to class if he was just going to sleep? 

I do wonder on exactly what will be FG's test for high goddess and how exactly will an over protective husband stay out of it... 

Me too, to both questions! I hope we find out more in Lotus Step.

part of me wondered if Bai Qian test was so traumatic in part because she d been sheltered during the thunderbolts n later got half of her mom's power.

I think Zhe Yan stated BQ was destined to go through the loss of loved ones, that in itself is devastating enough. I don't think her receiving a part of her mother's power or the fact MY shielded her during her first ascension, made the experience worse for her. I think the trial for ascening to High God status is very personal, and will hurt where it hurst the individual most-  an all or nothing kind of thing. Can one rise from the deepest depths after going through it? Even though BQ choose to drink ZY's potion to forget, she did make a conscious decision to live and be of service to the world should she be called upon. 

I wouldn't say she grew up very sheltered either, as she was free to roam as she pleased before going to Kunlun, and even there she often ran wild. :lol:

with BGG being as smart as he is, what are the chances he and his mom get their thunderbolts are close to the same time?

It depends how hard he cultivates, no? Ye Hua for example studied day and night and wasn't really free to do anything else. I'm sure you know his upbringing was rather harsh and extreme in that regard. BGG, like his mother, will be allowed to grow at his own pace and in contrast live somewhat sheltered and protected lives. But who knows what trials are in store for him and his mother? Perhaps some big event is in store for them, forcing BGG to cultivate quicker???

I'm sure she is! She certainly has the prettiest and cutest grand cubs. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Romulan said:

Ahahaha, cos maybe that's where he can sleep with little interruptions? Plus he can get by through copying notes. The question is whose notes to copy from. :D

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I wouldn't say she grew up very sheltered either, as she was free to roam as she pleased before going to Kunlun, and even there she often ran wild.

LOL, these foxes are very free and roaming way more than the other immortals. But with Bai Qian, maybe not so much after marriage to Ye Hua, and Feng Jiu after she reconciled with Dong Hua.

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: Chonglin’s excuse for why GG should not disturb his parents, do you think he came up with the shameless excuse himself or DH gave him the idea?

DH surely gave the hint, while ZL just somewhat sugar-coated it for BGG. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@SilverDawn oh i meant sheltered just from the thunderbolts by MY.  

I do like it that Tang Qi didnt make the trial be something that required you to kill your deepest love which i know was the standard method in at least 2 other dramas. 

i was thinking that BGG mightve got a boost learning from his dad who is an effective teacher. 

that makes me wonder do you inherit cultivation from your parents?  i know something about the environment factors in as that was part of the reason SuSu was brought to the Heavenly Realms vs them leaving her in the human world n the just waiting 3 HR days for the birth. 

9 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: Chonglin’s excuse for why GG should not disturb his parents, do you think he came up with the shameless excuse himself or DH gave him the idea?

50-50? 

maybe a study session turned into that and so became a convenient excuse

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Romulan said:

@SilverDawn oh i meant sheltered just from the thunderbolts by MY.  

I do like it that Tang Qi didnt make the trial be something that required you to kill your deepest love which i know was the standard method in at least 2 other dramas. 

Me too! :) 

41 minutes ago, Romulan said:

i was thinking that BGG mightve got a boost learning from his dad who is an effective teacher. 

that makes me wonder do you inherit cultivation from your parents?  i know something about the environment factors in as that was part of the reason SuSu was brought to the Heavenly Realms vs them leaving her in the human world n the just waiting 3 HR days for the birth. 

I don't think so. When DH trained FJ in FY valley he said (going with the subtitles here) that in order for cultivation to work/have effect, one must fall and get up on their own. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Me too! :) 

I don't think so. When DH trained FJ in FY valley he said (going with the subtitles here) that in order for cultivation to work/have effect, one must fall and get up on their own. 

ah that makes sense. 

anyone else interested in what the very elusive 1st and 3rd Fox brothers are like? 

id love a story that shows some of the things that occur on Fox King n Queen's travels.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:29 AM, Romulan said:

I wonder if DH wants to show how he is at school on his terms?

As hard as it is for FJ to suffer, I think it would be harder for DH to observe without interfering. 

• Like 1