[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Romulan same as the choice of @Megan, and 3 Lives 3 Worlds 

Some more suggestions:

The gentleman chose the pet...

"What’s that? Never heard of it.”

“Dear me, this isn’t a dream?”

“Hey, what else are you afraid of?”

I'm a weak hero.

"Teacher, your soup is spilling!”

“Which b a s t a r d tried to murder me?!” (LOL, got rickrolled)

Ok I need to know where most of those are from! @MayanEcho

• Blob 1

Also, I will need @Ninky or @UnluckyWhiteCat help to figure out the correct characters to use.. unless we have other Chinese speaking folks who could assist?  :) 

37 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Ok I need to know where most of those are from! @MayanEcho

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

These are all from Vol 1 of Hamster's TPB :)

clearly i need to re-read that! 

lol!!

• Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, Romulan said:

Also, I will need @Ninky or @UnluckyWhiteCat help to figure out the correct characters to use.. unless we have other Chinese speaking folks who could assist?  :) 

clearly i need to re-read that! 

lol!!

Im stuck at work will look at it later. And  I am not working tomorrow. So will have more time since lockdown is over kids are at school tomorrow too! Yay!

• Wiggle 1

@Romulan

It was only a matter of course that Donghua would come to like her. Fengjiu, too, had certainly lent Donghua a hand in the Wicked Lotus Sphere. But even the most ridiculous collection of her aunt's screenplays did not contain the following words: “A gentleman was saved by a young lady and a beloved pet. The gentleman chose the pet over the young lady.”

东华看上她,理应水到渠成,纵然她凤九当年也在十恶莲花境中救了东华,但连她姑姑收藏的最离谱的戏本子也不是这个写法,说翩翩公子被一位小姐和一只宠物同时搭救,这个公子后来喜欢上了宠物,没有喜欢上小姐。

*purple is the part you want (translation should be more like: "the gentleman later fell for the pet")

“What’s that? Never heard of it.”

“什么东西,没听说过。”

爷爷的,不是幻觉吧?

*the first three characters most simply mean "paternal grandfather." In context they don't really mean "dear me," I would liken it more to cursing, like a swear word (relatives are often used as swears and not-so-polite language in Chinese :D ). Also 幻觉 means "hallucination."

“喂,你还怕什么?”

“Ah, that's because compared to them, I'm a weak hero.”

“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

“Teacher, your soup is spilling!”

“老师,汤洒了。”

“Which b*stard tried to murder me?!”

“谁暗算老子!”

*As funny as this translation is, "b*stard" isn't really in there, it literally just says "who."

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Im stuck at work will look at it later. And  I am not working tomorrow. So will have more time since lockdown is over kids are at school tomorrow too! Yay!

No worries @Ninky!  Also if you think of some other good phrases Im still accepting ideas!  RL comes first!  Dont forget to ensure you recharge yourself too! 

32 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

@Romulan

It was only a matter of course that Donghua would come to like her. Fengjiu, too, had certainly lent Donghua a hand in the Wicked Lotus Sphere. But even the most ridiculous collection of her aunt's screenplays did not contain the following words: “A gentleman was saved by a young lady and a beloved pet. The gentleman chose the pet over the young lady.”

东华看上她,理应水到渠成,纵然她凤九当年也在十恶莲花境中救了东华,但连她姑姑收藏的最离谱的戏本子也不是这个写法,说翩翩公子被一位小姐和一只宠物同时搭救,这个公子后来喜欢上了宠物,没有喜欢上小姐。

*purple is the part you want (translation should be more like: "the gentleman later fell for the pet")

Lol.!!!!!! Lets face it though, if either of those two would get into a ridiculous situation -non of the Fox Clan or Zhe Lan would be surprised!  Hahaha! 

I think that purple phrase might fit on a ribbon!

33 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

“什么东西,没听说过。”

--Not sure what the context is for this one - figure its FJ? 

Just need to be able to explain if someone asks me. 

爷爷的,不是幻觉吧?

*the first three characters most simply mean "paternal grandfather." In context they don't really mean "dear me," I would liken it more to cursing, like a swear word (relatives are often used as swears and not-so-polite language in Chinese :D ). Also 幻觉 means "hallucination."

“喂,你还怕什么?”

Lol. You know my maternal grandfather wouldve gotten a kick out of me referring to him in that way. (my mother would be shocked and appalled!) -not sure what my actual paternal grandfather would think.    --- wait is this Feng Jiu basically using the Fox King in that way? -lol...

“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

“老师,汤洒了。”

“谁暗算老子!”

*As funny as this translation is, "b*stard" isn't really in there, it literally just says "who."

What no RickRoll'D or other invective phrase?  LOL. Im guessing this is either from Warrior Yan or the Teacher in Bird clan after he fell into FJ's adjusted trap.  Though to be fair she was just helping improve on a design! 

The last two are short but  I think the weak hero one would be too long..

Thanks @UnluckyWhiteCat!  

What about these 2 ? 

3 Lives 3 Worlds

Zhe Lan's Peach wine

*** It reminds me of a ribbon I saw before of Uncle Iroh's tea -from ATLA

16 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Not sure what the context is for this one - figure its FJ? 

Just need to be able to explain if someone asks me. 

That was Dong Hua refusing to duel with Xiao Yan. :lol:

Donghua was playing chess on his own by the lotus pond at the time. 

The brash young lad screamed up a storm despite being pinned down in an effort to lure Donghua out. When Donghua called his guards back, he yelled even louder, saying things such as Heaven was known for their honorable ways, if Donghua still had any honor left, he'd come out to duel with him one on one instead of ganging up on a loner. 

As Donghua passed by with the chess box in his hand, he backed up two steps and asked the young man on the ground, “What... was it that you said?”

The young man gritted his teeth. “Honor! I said honor!”

Donghua picked up his heels and continued to walk on. “What’s that?  Never heard of it.”

The young lad had trouble exhaling; he fainted unconscious on the spot. (PB1, p18)

• LOL 1

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Donghua was playing chess on his own by the lotus pond at the time. 

The brash young lad screamed up a storm despite being pinned down in an effort to lure Donghua out. When Donghua called his guards back, he yelled even louder, saying things such as Heaven was known for their honorable ways, if Donghua still had any honor left, he'd come out to duel with him one on one instead of ganging up on a loner. 

As Donghua passed by with the chess box in his hand, he backed up two steps and asked the young man on the ground, “What... was it that you said?”

The young man gritted his teeth. “Honor! I said honor!”

Donghua picked up his heels and continued to walk on. “What’s that?  Never heard of it.”

The young lad had trouble exhaling; he fainted unconscious on the spot. (PB1, p18)

AH!  Now that makes sense and is typical DH snark! 

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

“喂,你还怕什么?”

“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

“老师,汤洒了。”

“谁暗算老子!”

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

What no RickRoll'D or other invective phrase?  LOL. Im guessing this is either from Warrior Yan or the Teacher in Bird clan after he fell into FJ's adjusted trap.  Though to be fair she was just helping improve on a design! 

The last two are short but  I think the weak hero one would be too long..

Handkerchief DH tells FJ not to drop him as he's not fond of the cold. FJ then asks him what else he's afraid of.

FJ asks DH why he's so fussy having that arm wound, whereas Ye Hua and Zhe Yan would bear the pains and try to hide their injuries from her aunt and her uncle. DH then says compared to them, he's a weak hero. LMAO, he just wants to be pampered! 

Third is JH, exclaiming over DH spilling the soup she brought him in the banquet arranged by FJ.

Fourth would be XY whacked by the soup vessel, courtesy of mad and jealous DH. :lol:

@Romulan

Three Lives Three Worlds

三生三世

Zhe Yan's peach blossom wine

折颜的桃花酿

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

And then when they actually dueled and DH made YCW look so stupid with that illusion trick? :lol: Just waving his sword around at nothing while DH stood aside and watched!

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Handkerchief DH tells FJ not to drop him as he's not fond of the cold. FJ then asks him what else he's afraid of.

FJ asks DH why he's so fussy having that arm wound, whereas Ye Hua and Zhe Yan would bear the pains and try to hide their injuries from her aunt and her uncle. DH then says compared to them, he's a weak hero. LMAO, he just wants to be pampered! 

Third is JH, exclaiming over DH spilling the soup she brought him in the banquet arranged by FJ.

Fourth would be XY whacked by the soup vessel, courtesy of mad and jealous DH. :lol:

Aww can you blame him? 

All those years without getting pampered! 

:)  

I am curious when and how did Zhe Lan ever get hurt during FJ's lifetime? 

Lol.  

Thanks @MayanEcho!

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

@Romulan

Three Lives Three Worlds

三生三世

折颜的桃花酿

And then when they actually dueled and DH made YCW look so stupid with that illusion trick? :lol: Just waving his sword around at nothing while DH stood aside and watched!

Thank you @UnluckyWhiteCat!  Ive been on the hunt for good peach wine. 

Closest Ive found has been either peach snapps or peach sake. 

I will keep on my search! -lol!

I think these will definitely fit. a ribbon or two :)

• Wiggle 1

Also slightly off topic. if you got 1 or 2 Untamed Phrases you think would be good. (I think of so many..) 

I know there are going to be several untamed cosplays but I think I ll be the only Shen Ye inspired cosplay..

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just woke up @Romulan so may have missed most of everything. Anything else you need at the minute? I am Focusing on outtake translation atm.

Hi @NinkyIm good unless you happen to come across a particularly memorable exclamation or short phrase while doing the translation?  :D or one u think we ve overlooked?  

Below are the options we have so far TMPB/ELOD quotes for badge ribbons:

"the gentleman later fell for the pet"

公子后来喜欢上了宠物

“什么东西,没听说过。”

爷爷的,不是幻觉吧?

“喂,你还怕什么?”

“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

**I think this one might be too long though I do like it. 

“老师,汤洒了。”

“谁暗算老子!”

Three Lives Three Worlds
三生三世

折颜的桃花酿

***or if you happen to have an idea for 1 or 2 good Untamed quotes..

57 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Hi @NinkyIm good unless you happen to come across a particularly memorable exclamation or short phrase while doing the translation?  :D or one u think we ve overlooked?  

Below are the options we have so far TMPB/ELOD quotes for badge ribbons:

"the gentleman later fell for the pet"

公子后来喜欢上了宠物

“什么东西,没听说过。”

爷爷的,不是幻觉吧?

“Dear me” is a milder version of what she actually said. It’s more like an exclamation that is rather “rude”  it’s more like “in the name of my grandfather” (swearing in the name of my ancestors). 

“In the name of my grandfather, this isn’t a dream, right?”

That’s the technically correct translation.

“喂,你还怕什么?”

“哦,因为我这个英雄比起他们来,比较脆弱。”

**I think this one might be too long though I do like it. 

“老师,汤洒了。”

should be 

“Teacher, your soup has spilt.”

indicates the action has already happened, not in the process of.

“谁暗算老子!”

should be

“Who tried to attack me in the dark!”

This is the correctly worded accusation in English. The paraphrased one makes it feel more exciting but is not the correct translation from the chinese text.

Three Lives Three Worlds
三生三世

折颜的桃花酿

***or if you happen to have an idea for 1 or 2 good Untamed quotes..

@Romulan corrected the translations aa above.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Hmm…what do you think of the quote where DH says “Sorry, my hand slipped.”?

While funny, probably wouldnt do it on a ribbon to avoid ppl getting offended by reading it out of context.

• Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I am finally able to sit down and finish a lot of translation work in one sitting. I am expecting to post the last Chapter of Back to Chaos tomorrow and add some speed to Lotus Step. Anyway, I am glad we are out of lockdown but we are still shaky in the sense that we could go back into lockdown at anytime. But at least we are doing well in comparison to NSW.

The reason why I lose time for translation in a lockdown is because I have to homeschool and my workload at home will explode. So I am glad I can now sit down and have several cups of tea and seriously do this translation that I thoroughly enjoy. And again, I apologise if it had taken forever.

Sydney's infections are like a roaring bushfire atm and I hope they can keep it under control, otherwise the risk is high that it will spread to other states and territories yet again.

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

Lol it is true.  

Best excuse for tossing the soup to Yan. :p

It's the retribution of Dong Hua's jealous RAGE Muahahahahaha!:glasses: @Romulan I am sorry I couldn't be much of a help yesterday.

• Awesome 3