[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

It's 36 episodes and 12 is through with some going up today, I believe.

A drama thats not 40 episodes long??!! O-O lol.

Cool!  What do you guys think of their OST?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Romulan said:

As of now I am up to episode 12, and I am loving this show. The OST is very good.

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

15 hours ago, Romulan said:

I think I ll start watching once a few more episodes are out! :) I enjoy binge watching whenever possible.  

Good plan! Let us know what you think in the MTD thread. :D 

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

I like the OST but somehow I'm stuck with Cocoon (OST from the long ballad) 

On 5/16/2021 at 6:55 AM, Ninky said:

nice show might watch this one  :) . He's a white dragon and she a cute mortal. Hey and she's the actress who acted as Xuan Nu. She's actually also a beautiful actress. So was the actress who acted as Su Jin. Both have the classical chinese beauty face.

I agree. Maggie Huang (Su Jin) is the ML in an upcoming drama called "The ugly queen 2" :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

I am currently watching EL ep 6. I see MY use lightning to freeze the water. It reminds of the movie where Ye Hua froze the ocean.

Pardon me but this is confusing. I know Chinese dragons can summon the rain, so the lightning makes sense. But the freezing water does not.

I also wonder what Bai Qian’s eldest brother and wife think of Xuan Nu in the book, NOT the drama.

We know the fox clan are loyal to their own. But technically Xuan Nu and Bai Qian are in-laws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I am currently watching EL ep 6. I see MY use lightning to freeze the water. It reminds of the movie where Ye Hua froze the ocean.

Pardon me but this is confusing. I know Chinese dragons can summon the rain, so the lightning makes sense. But the freezing water does not.

I also wonder what Bai Qian’s eldest brother and wife think of Xuan Nu in the book, NOT the drama.

We know the fox clan are loyal to their own. But technically Xuan Nu and Bai Qian are in-laws.

Perhaps it isn't their only power, given that Mo Yuan and Ye Hua are direct descendants of Fushen and Mushen.  Their parents were the main Gods that took over after Pangu. The freezing of water may be due to either there's a spell for it, or they can control the elements.

I rather think that Bai Qian and Xuan Nu aren't true in-laws. More like association by affinity. Bai Qian is related by law to Xuan Nu's elder sister as she's married to BQ's eldest sibling, but with Xuan Nu there isn't any, other that BQ's elder brother's sister-in-law. Or BQ's sister-in-law's sister.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Megan said:

Taking all the heat out/action out.  They are black dragons so more powerful than some of the other types. 

Hmm that is a good question. 

What clan is Xuan Nu a part of? In the drama it mentions that she is a concubine's daughter whose sister was the daughter of the main wife who then married the eldest brother.  I know that 2nd brother had married into the red fox clan. 

Also do we know who the 3rd brother married?  (1st and 3rd brother need to hurry up and produce some heirs and more Fox kits for A'Li and Gun Gun to play with! 

There are a few actresses thats its hard for me to see them when they play similar evil characters.  Su Jin's character in Princess Agents was easier as it was a different take.  But the actress who Su Jin in the movie -seems to play similar type characters (Journey to Flower and Ruyi's Royal Love Palace).  It took me until Battle thru the Heavens/Fight Breaks Sphere and The Wolf for me to see the actress who plays Chun'er in Princess Agents as a new character.   

The actress who plays the early vilian in Legend of FuYao and evil sister in Legend of Dugu -grates on me because she also seems to play a similar type of evil character who manages to live for far too long while causing evil.  I first saw her in Story of Minglan.  

Others though its interesting to see them play good or evil characters.  One of the other female villians in Legend of FuYao plays a good but minor character in Story of Minglan. I didnt recognize her at first because of how different she was. 

I do find it interesting how diverse the roles Ive seen Vengo play while all technically good. they are very distinct and separate (Swords of Legends, Legend of Zu Mountain, Legend of FuYao, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms/Eternal Love of the Dream) 

We should collect best OST songs :) . 

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The God King Mo Yuan disappeared a few months after the investiture. More than three years later, Dong Hua and Feng Jiu would find the young man at the Water Marsh school.

Yes that's what Mo Yuan looks like. Artist used the version from the illustration books!

But yes, shadow of his former self.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Yes that's what Mo Yuan looks like. Artist used the version from the illustration books!

But yes, shadow of his former self.

The artist loves TPB, Eternal Love, Eternal Love of Dream, and audio reading/drama of the book. If I remember correctly, artist has books in different languages of TPB. ^_^

Poor Mo Yuan. The last three years must have been a living hell for him. Nothing is worse than living in a personal hell. I have to admire his tenacity. He stayed lonely for the next 260,000 years. It's not the same as Di Jun. He was never interested in worldy desires until he met Feng Jiu. Mo Yuan had truly loved someone and did everything he could to prevent her from fading but he couldn't defy fate. 

Can you imagine living for 260,000 with that lingering pain in his heart?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Poor Mo Yuan. The last three years must have been a living hell for him. Nothing is worse than living in a personal hell. I have to admire his tenacity. He stayed lonely for the next 260,000 years. It's not the same as Di Jun. He was never interested in worldy desires until he met Feng Jiu. Mo Yuan had truly loved someone and did everything he could to prevent her from fading but he couldn't defy fate. 

It makes you wonder how he reacted upon learning that Shao Wan woke again. After all that time, can you still say his love for her is still as passionate?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

For some reason, it feels that Mo Yuan tasted bitterness early, to school him in covering all bases if he really wants to keep his beloved safe. Not that he didn't try, he certainly did his best, except that he overlooked the fact that Shao Wan makes her own decisions on what she believes is righteous. That willingness to sacrifice herself, Mo Yuan didn't see that coming.

As for Dong Hua, he had his one true love so late in his life because he had to be the ultimate peacekeeper first for the world and bring in stability. It can't be coincidence that both the sons of Fushen are back from their long sleeps, when Dijun had fallen in love. ^_^

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

For some reason, it feels that Mo Yuan tasted bitterness early, to school him in covering all bases if he really wants to keep his beloved safe. Not that he didn't try, he certainly did his best, except that he overlooked the fact that Shao Wan makes her own decisions on what she believes is righteous. That willingness to sacrifice herself, Mo Yuan didn't see that coming.

As for Dong Hua, he had his one true love so late in his life because he had to be the ultimate peacekeeper first for the world and bring in stability. It can't be coincidence that both the both the sons of Fushen are back from their long sleeps, when Dijun had fallen in love. ^_^

The twins and Bai Qian saved Dong Hua from dying. This tells you how powerful Bai Qian had become when she really seriously focuses on her cultivation. She and Ye Hua has to go through the 99 divine lightning and 49 divine fires to become Heavenly Lord and Empress. No joke LOL. That's why she is spending  quite a bit time on it and was able to break the Star Light Ward with her hubby and teacher. And of course Yan Chi Wu.

And you know who Yan Chi Wu's teacher was - Xie Hua Lou. She taught him at the request of his Father. Lord Yan, the previous Green demon Lord.

Their romance will be a teacher - disciple love. :D

So you know why Xie Gu Chou called him an idiot at the end of Pillow book? His sister left a letter before entering her deep sleep to please take care of him for her :D. He was still irritated with that! HAHAHA! You will see this Lotus Step. Remember he wakes when his sister goes into a deep sleep so that letter was the first thing he saw after he just woke up LOL!  There is only one Lord awake at any given time.

Hope Xie Ming's return will fix this issue. I feel sorry for their mates if one needs to sleep for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

It makes you wonder how he reacted upon learning that Shao Wan woke again. After all that time, can you still say his love for her is still as passionate?

I wouldn't blame him if he did all that he could to keep her to himself. And I thought what yehua had to go through with his dead wife and orphaned child was agony and Donghua being abandoned by Fengjiu for so many years. You could tell how much the time killed them both slowly.

But 260,000 years?? Once he sees her, he's definetly not letting her go.

Poor liansong is next up for the heartbreak

• Like 3