[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Chapter 6 is being prepped for upload. This one has a long list of notes so it had taken longer than expected. But it contains a proper explanation for the Parijata Tree (sanskrit for the Zhou Du Tree) I managed to find a professionally translated version of the scripture online from which the tree was quoted from. 

And that part where she talked about how Di Jun didn't show up at the wedding, I let some tears fall as I was translating. It was a touching scene. It was unspoken, but I could really feel her pain.

• Sad 2

UPDATE TO ELOD BLOG:

Back to Chaos in a Dream: Chapter Six

Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book Outtake

枕上书之梦回洪荒远古时

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-six

Chapter Six is up!

I have added more information on the Zhou Du Tree, which is the Indian Coral Tree (Pārijāta in sanskrit).

This is a relatively short chapter compared to the upcoming chapter 7.

I will be hard at work translating the greatly anticipated wedding!

It is a long chapter...

And of course the editors will also be busy reading and editing!

So in the meantime, here is Chapter 6 for everyone to stew on!

Hope our dear readers will appreciate the story and spread the love!

Translated by @Ninky
Edited by @nitepolaris @SC2019
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Chapter 6 is being prepped for upload. This one has a long list of notes so it had taken longer than expected. But it contains a proper explanation for the Parijata Tree (sanskrit for the Zhou Du Tree) I managed to find a professionally translated version of the scripture online from which the tree was quoted from. 

And that part where she talked about how Di Jun didn't show up at the wedding, I let some tears fall as I was translating. It was a touching scene. It was unspoken, but I could really feel her pain.

It feels awesome that you found the Zhou Du tree info, but at the same time, that part when Feng Jiu tells Dong Hua that he wasn't there in their wedding really stung. I guess, even to those who haven't read TPB, they'd feel FJ's lingering hurt how their special day was ruined.

There should be more reaction buttons allowed for comments...

3 hours ago, Ang_could said:

Peeking in.... been working way to hard hahaha...

Hello there, how are you? April is always busy, I think, hahaha!

• Blob 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

UPDATE TO ELOD BLOG:

Back to Chaos in a Dream: Chapter Six

Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book Outtake

枕上书之梦回洪荒远古时

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-six

Chapter Six is up!

I have added more information on the Zhou Du Tree, which is the Indian Coral Tree (Pārijāta in sanskrit).

This is a relatively short chapter compared to the upcoming chapter 7.

I will be hard at work translating the greatly anticipated wedding!

It is a long chapter...

And of course the editors will also be busy reading and editing!

So in the meantime, here is Chapter 6 for everyone to stew on!

Hope our dear readers will appreciate the story and spread the love!

Translated by @Ninky
Edited by @nitepolaris @SC2019

Thanks so much again for this lovely, bittersweet chapter @Ninky @nitepolaris @SC2019 :heart:

Father God indicated that Dong Hua had forgotten to name his formation strategy so he had lost a very important point as a result of it.

Since then, Di Jun had never forgotten to name the things he owned. It was all thanks to Father God indeed.

Ahahaha! This anecdote explaining Dong Hua's habit of naming his things is really amusing, but to be honest, Fushen has more romantic streak when it comes to names. Qian Yuan for a frightening formation plan vs Dong Hua's Little Fox for Feng Jiu when she was an ordinary fox.

After Fu Ying retreated back to the Northern Realm, he extracted the essence nourishing the lands, and used it to create an enchanted restriction ward that enclosed the entire Northern realm inside its boundaries. He retreated his army into the ward, shutting themselves in. They stood their ground from within, never leaving it.

As the enchantment was constructed from the essence of the land, forcing an attack from the outside would destroy it, and the entirety of the Northern Lands would be wiped out.

Fu Ying is despicable for his willingness to sacrifice the Northern Realm, when he used it like a hostage to shield his group.

She suddenly became angry, “Neither was it your fault.” She had gotten angry despite saying it was not his fault, yet not knowing who she was angry with, “It was because you had to save someone. After you had rescued that person, you encountered a precarious matter that would have endangered the world, requiring you to handle it, so you missed our wedding ceremony. I waited a long time for you, but you did not return. My wedding robes were so beautifully made, and I especially wanted to wear them, but in the end, I still never got to wear them. This was not your fault, it was fate making a mockery of people.” She sighed in a matured manner when she finished speaking.

:heartbreak: :frown: The kind of heartbreak that can never really be forgotten, until beautiful memories replace the past lingering hurt.

Previously at the Heavenly Jade Sea, hadn’t he tolerated sharing a bed with her every night? Her sleeping postures had always involved cuddling into his arms, and when had he ever pushed her away? She was just a heartless little fox who would always forget after waking up.

I can hear a bit of grudge there, LOL, coz somebody lost his bed space,  hahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Thanks so much again for this lovely, bittersweet chapter @Ninky @nitepolaris @SC2019 :heart:

Father God indicated that Dong Hua had forgotten to name his formation strategy so he had lost a very important point as a result of it.

Since then, Di Jun had never forgotten to name the things he owned. It was all thanks to Father God indeed.

Ahahaha! This anecdote explaining Dong Hua's habit of naming his things is really amusing, but to be honest, Fushen has more romantic streak when it comes to names. Qian Yuan for a frightening formation plan vs Dong Hua's Little Fox for Feng Jiu when she was an ordinary fox.

i think Father God is a romantic because I believe he purposely let SW sit next to his son, knowing full well what might happen.

After Fu Ying retreated back to the Northern Realm, he extracted the essence nourishing the lands, and used it to create an enchanted restriction ward that enclosed the entire Northern realm inside its boundaries. He retreated his army into the ward, shutting themselves in. They stood their ground from within, never leaving it.

As the enchantment was constructed from the essence of the land, forcing an attack from the outside would destroy it, and the entirety of the Northern Lands would be wiped out.

Fu Ying is despicable for his willingness to sacrifice the Northern Realm, when he used it like a hostage to shield his group.

He is exactly the rot Di Jun spoke about with Zhe Yan. They needed to be exterminated like the vermin they are.

She suddenly became angry, “Neither was it your fault.” She had gotten angry despite saying it was not his fault, yet not knowing who she was angry with, “It was because you had to save someone. After you had rescued that person, you encountered a precarious matter that would have endangered the world, requiring you to handle it, so you missed our wedding ceremony. I waited a long time for you, but you did not return. My wedding robes were so beautifully made, and I especially wanted to wear them, but in the end, I still never got to wear them. This was not your fault, it was fate making a mockery of people.” She sighed in a matured manner when she finished speaking.

:heartbreak: :frown: The kind of heartbreak that can never really be forgotten, until beautiful memories replace the past lingering hurt.

In the next chapter, we see more of what she really felt. The sore spot was still there and it still hurt. She only said what her heart truly wanted to say when she got drunk. Even Di Jun past was stunned when she shared that painful memory. He went “What!” Lol

Previously at the Heavenly Jade Sea, hadn’t he tolerated sharing a bed with her every night? Her sleeping postures had always involved cuddling into his arms, and when had he ever pushed her away? She was just a heartless little fox who would always forget after waking up.

I can hear a bit of grudge there, LOL, coz somebody lost his bed space,  hahaha!

Di Jun and his typical black chest (the Chinese describe him as this, it means his poisonous tongue). He just can’t stop doing it. It is a large part of him. Master Troll too.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Di Jun and his typical black chest (the Chinese describe him as this, it means his poisonous tongue). He just can’t stop doing it. It is a large part of him. Master Troll too.

I don't know if he's expecting her to remember how she slept and what she did to him while she's sleeping!

:Megalol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't know if he's expecting her to remember how she slept and what she did to him while she's sleeping!

:Megalol:

I think he is forgetting who uses who as a pillow

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Finished reading

Taking advantage of her reverie, he reached his hands out, hugging her over, then he fiddled with lying her down,

shouldn’t it be laying instead of lying?

according to the dictionary it is in fact lying , not laying.

And I hope you like it. In about 3 chapters people who have requested for a pdf shall get it :D

Here's a grammarly quote about when to use which :

What’s the difference between lay and lie?

You lie down, but you lay something down. Lie does not require a direct object. Lay requires a direct object. The same rule applies to laying and lying (not lieing—beware of spelling). The past tense of lay is laid, but be careful with the past tense of lie—there are two options. We’ll dive into them later. 

e.g I spend rainy days lying on my couch.

Don’t leave dirty clothes lying around the house.

So lay laid laying
And Lie Lying present participle of lie is lying and not laying. 
Grammerly is an excellent resource that I use when translating or working on editing.

The last time i used laying it got edited to lying, then on further reading lying would be the correct one to use. It's confusing though on when to use the right one at times! Though I do know why laying might be used here.

Edit:

And actually you may be right, I am going to consult the other two ladies. In this context, Di Jun is trying to lay her down. Hmmm let me double check. But in his speech it will have to be lying coz she is lying down at that point.

Edit 2: 

Anyway it got fixed. We do miss stuff as we are only human so apologies. It's a lot to translate and then edit and editing is actually harder work as it requires us to be eagle eyed.

And I am using the UK/AU commonwealth English for all my translations so "colour" is spelt this way for example. and toward is "towards". Those are geographical quirks and are not mistakes :D

And yes ladies of all stripes, I am working on Chapter SEVEN of outtake. 

It's the wedding! But I am now at the opening scenes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Hello, everyone! I'm back! I don't know what happened but I stopped receiving notifications from this thread months ago. I thought it was because no one posted here anymore. I'll try to find the last page I read before soompi stopped sending me the notifications. I hope I didn't miss anything important during my absence here. 

• Blob 4

20 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hello there, how are you? April is always busy, I think, hahaha!

I am doing okay, just busy with actual work this past week so haven't had the chance to check in on the thread... I have a couple pages of comments to catch up on! Mad The Internet GIF by MOODMAN

• Blob 1

9 hours ago, pawla said:

Hello, everyone! I'm back! I don't know what happened but I stopped receiving notifications from this thread months ago. I thought it was because no one posted here anymore. I'll try to find the last page I read before soompi stopped sending me the notifications. I hope I didn't miss anything important during my absence here. 

Hi lots of good stuff! ive only been here a few months but there has been so much fun things that have gotten posted!

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

I don’t know whether this was the deleted ELOD ancient era sequence but it serves as a warning. Dong Hua’s smile is an omen...

His smiles aren't known as disaster or bad luck to someone for nothing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

His smiles aren't known as disaster or bad luck to someone for nothing.

Wait where is this mentioned?  Lol. I ve only heard people warn about his tongue! 

P.S.  So far so good on the shot. Took me 2 days to feel back to normal basically the trick is to drink orange juice every couple of hrs if you cant just sleep for 2 days. 

Ive been telling a few folks about this forum and the blog.  :)  who knows maybe a couple will come check us out.  

Who/where do we start petitioning/requesting for the Back to Chaos be made into a mini series or even just a 1 season show?  (I think 20 episodes could be good! let us see some more bits of the past, Bai Gun Gun get more show time, and after the wedding prehaps we can get a seen of DH acting out exactly what Shao suggested.  (aka him sitting with both FJ and BGG in fox forms on his lap getting petted) 

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

Wait where is this mentioned?  Lol. I ve only heard people warn about his tongue! 

In the ELOD ep2, when FJ saw him smiling, and told another maid, the other maid said, "who's having bad luck?" It was Si Ming, who fainted after a taste of the sweet and sour fish. :lol:

P.S.  So far so good on the shot. Took me 2 days to feel back to normal basically the trick is to drink orange juice every couple of hrs if you cant just sleep for 2 days.

Awesome, and it's good that it's only one shot! 

Ive been telling a few folks about this forum and the blog.  :)  who knows maybe a couple will come check us out.

The more the merrier!

I've seen a post in FB, of ELOD shown in African countries where Startimes Kungfu Channel has presence. Not bad for a web drama that it's still getting broadcasted a year after it first aired. 

Their trailer:

Who/where do we start petitioning/requesting for the Back to Chaos be made into a mini series or even just a 1 season show?  (I think 20 episodes could be good! let us see some more bits of the past, Bai Gun Gun get more show time, and after the wedding prehaps we can get a seen of DH acting out exactly what Shao suggested.  (aka him sitting with both FJ and BGG in fox forms on his lap getting petted) 

It would be nice if Tencent does, since ELOD was their 2020 top grosser drama.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Then later on, Su Moye at the dream realm, LOL!

Man he was getting tortured while Di Jun was having a lot of fun with his wife...

Also in the series, did you notice Su Mo Ye's face when Di Jun admitted he loves Xiao Bai. That flabbergasted face ROFL.

P.S. Translation progress - over 25% through Chapter 7 

And I will be adding more notes on the Parijata Tree in Chapter 7. 

I did further research based on the scripture I have read. 

Tang Qi basically borrowed a lot from ancient Buddhist scriptures about the Gods of the various heavens. The Eight Realms are like a parallel universe to that.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1