[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

13 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello. I’m torn between getting Weibo so I can follow my fav Chinese celebrities since obviously they don’t have Facebook or Twitter (that I can find at least), but does Weibo even have an English version?

also; does anyone know the official Weibo accounts of Dilireba and Gao Wei Guang? And Tang Qi’s account? She’s posting Lotus Step there right?

I use Twitter and usually international fans translate their weibo posts.

It was interesting to read on YouTube and Viki, how some viewers find it difficult to accept the more emotionally expressive DH. I wonder if JH or ZH would continue to love DH, if they knew about his childish side? 

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I use Twitter and usually international fans translate their weibo posts.

It was interesting to read on YouTube and Viki, how some viewers find it difficult to accept the more emotionally expressive DH. I wonder if JH or ZH would continue to love DH, if they knew about his childish side? 

I use Facebook for updates. Though Liu Yifei does have her own instagram, she rarely updates it.

i love seeing childish Dong Hua. So cute how he tugs in Feng Jiu’s hand or sleeve.

i can’t see Dong Hua showing this in front of JH or ZH though. His role to them is a Brother or teacher... I can’t see him putting on that childish face and asking them to stay and cook for him, because he doesn’t really like them being around. The whole point of the cold front is so they would get the hint and stop obsessing over him.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

9 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I wonder if JH or ZH would continue to love DH, if they knew about his childish side? 

That big baby side is for his Xiao Bai only. :lol:

Have those two witches ever loved DH? ^_^ More like they are over the top possessive of him. JH and ZH are obsessed with DH due to what they'll get by association. They are turned on by the sheer power, prestige, and influence DH has.

They haven't sacrificed anything nor suffered discomfort for the sake of DH's well-being. Not that they've to be hurt or give up so much, but have they done anything good for DH wholeheartedly? Anything significant for all that DH has to do for them? Something sincere without asking for anything in return, or no extra motives behind the act? :mellow:

Whereas FJ, to pay back DH's favour:

1. Princess becomes maid for hundreds of years;

2. Trades magic and fur to save DH;

3. Sends half of her shadow to help DH's half shadow;

4. Goes to mortal realm to assist Emperor Song in suffering adversaries, thinking he was DH's mortal reincarnation.

The two witches just keep asking DH something for themselves. <_<

And never ever will they see DH being childish, because he never wants attention from ZH and JH in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

Great news for ELOD fans in Singapore! They are now selling the drama CDs at Poh Kim dvd stores.

bad news: it costs about $100 for the whole thing.

good news: there is 30% discount for members right now and it has English subtitles.

• Shocked 1
  • Awesome 2

Just did a quick check through of the CD set to make sure they will run.

the English subtitles are big but readable.

sadly there are no bonus or deleted scenes to see.

i can finally watch the whole series in full....right after I finish watching the “hot girl” Chinese show starring 迪丽热巴.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Great news for ELOD fans in Singapore! They are now selling the drama CDs at Poh Kim dvd stores.

bad news: it costs about $100 for the whole thing.

good news: there is 30% discount for members right now and it has English subtitles.

That is so expensive :scream:

I already have a weibo account but I still don't know how to use it :sweatingbullets: I don't think it has an English version. Here's Vengo's account https://m.weibo.cn/u/1965715555

and Reba's accounts https://m.weibo.cn/u/1669879400

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, chsaf said:

But who buys DVDs nowadays, it's really expensive too plus it's not thr director's cut version. :tears:

I'd agree if it's the uncut version, plus the complete OST and BGM...As much as possible, I'd prefer it too being sold where I am, rather than buying through eBay since I'll only know if it's working when I receive it. If not, it's a hassle to return or get refund.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pawla said:

That is so expensive :scream:

I already have a weibo account but I still don't know how to use it :sweatingbullets: I don't think it has an English version. Here's Vengo's account https://m.weibo.cn/u/1965715555

and Reba's accounts https://m.weibo.cn/u/1669879400

there is a weibo international version I am using both right now.

I saw from somewhere that they use to have each other on their acct but somehow they deleted each other. and I saw some post on FB that they dated each other in secret back then but now broke up....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, unfortunately for me, a co-worker tested positive for Covid-19 and everyone who worked last mon, tue and wed last week had to get tested. Please hope with me that the test is negative so I can get my freedom from self-isolation. I also can't work until after the results come out! 

Fingers doubly crossed. I won't get my results back till Thursday! Such a stressful time for me atm. :criesariver:

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I'd agree if it's the uncut version, plus the complete OST and BGM...As much as possible, I'd prefer it too being sold where I am, rather than buying through eBay since I'll only know if it's working when I receive it. If not, it's a hassle to return or get refund.

I doubt they will release it official DVD... Like they barely did any promotion to this drama. Like looking back at most dramas especially TMOPB, the cast would go on happy camp or other variety shows to advertise the drama. Even Love Designer went on Happy Camp... But if they do with all the cut scenes then that would be super great!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Well, unfortunately for me, a co-worker tested positive for Covid-19 and everyone who worked last mon, tue and wed last week had to get tested. Please hope with me that the test is negative so I can get my freedom from self-isolation. I also can't work until after the results come out! 

Fingers doubly crossed. I won't get my results back till Thursday! Such a stressful time for me atm. :criesariver:

Hope everything is fine! I understand how it feels... we just got released from lockdown not to long ago... the 3 months were brutal stuck at home doing nothing. If it wasnt for elod I probably went crazy already... well maybe  I did since I watched it like 30timeslol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

So sorry to hear your news. Sending you a prayers..and hope everything will be alright..

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

I doubt they will release it official DVD... Like they barely did any promotion to this drama. Like looking back at most dramas especially TMOPB, the cast would go on happy camp or other variety shows to advertise the drama. Even Love Designer went on Happy Camp... But if they do with all the cut scenes then that would be super great!

I don't hope much on that anymore, but if they do it would be great. It's more on wishful thinking, and a throwback "impulse" to when I used to have all the official copies of Disney films. :lol:

If not of the COVID issues, which had put a wrench to travel plans, I would be asking someone to check it out for me when they fly to SG or Malaysia. 

15 hours ago, Ninky said:

Fingers doubly crossed. I won't get my results back till Thursday! Such a stressful time for me atm. 

Wishing you all the best! I know it's nerve-wracking waiting for results. You'll have to self-isolate from your family too until you have the confirmation that you're negative. Don't worry, the days will pass by quickly till Thursday. Try to rest, catch up on sleep, or spend time in social media... we'll even chat with you here in Soompi. :)

Hope you guys manage and keep the infected numbers down, since it's about to be winter there in Australia.

Within a couple weeks I'll also be taking the COVID test, as soon as the area where I live gets the notification for mass testing. 

My hubs is in the front line, albeit not in medical field, but in facilities management. While most were locked down, he goes to work daily. A few of his friends and colleagues tested positive or were exposed and were quarantined. Thankfully, they recovered without getting confined in the hospitals, and none were infected further.

It will be negative for you as well. @Ninky Should it turn out that the result isn't the one you hope for, know that we'd be praying for your early recovery and family's safety. :heart:

MMt6YSaeUwlUyW5AEQNDa1UF6ih_qu_u-FpE3DsS

14 hours ago, FoxontheMoon said:

Hope everything is fine! I understand how it feels... we just got released from lockdown not to long ago... the 3 months were brutal stuck at home doing nothing. If it wasnt for elod I probably went crazy already... well maybe  I did since I watched it like 30timeslol

Lockdown and curfews were just lifted for me too, but waiting for the notification sched of COVID testing. Same as you, ELOD was our go-to series to watch. 

I'm actually watching some episodes right now while waiting for my laptop to get done updating. Gah, the net's fast but it's taking forever!

Did you notice the sounds of fighting cats in the background while FJ and Cheng Yu were talking at ep21? :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

I am praying for you and your folks.

meanwhile...currently thinking about Zhihe and Zhiyue.

i know Zhiyue is like a new character meant to be Zhihe in eternal love, but how on earth did she get a job working for Dong Hua on heaven when she isn’t even associated to him?

I’m trying to compare the two princesses.

similarities:

1)both were household staff manager

2) both made Feng Jiu miserable

3) both tried to kill Feng Jiu (Zhihe with her hairpin and Zhiyue by throwing her into a pit with a Monster. Seriously these celestial ladies are crazy!)

4) both protested ostentatiously whenever they thought Dong Hua was in a romance (Zhihe pretended to be the bride and covered her escape, and broke into Taichen Palace to get drunk until Chonglin called her ugly; Zhiyue kept breaking priceless artefacts so she could get banished to the mortal realm with Dong Hua)

5) both cried in front of Dong Hua when facing the consequences of their wrongdoing (though we never did see Zhiyue punished for throwing Feng Jiu into a pit.)

differences:

1) Zhihe was Dong Hua’s foster sister whereas Zhiyue could claim no association at all

2) Zhiyue actually tried to be involved with a Dong Hua’s mortal trial. It is unknown if Zhihe would have done the same because she was currently banished at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

i know Zhiyue is like a new character meant to be Zhihe in eternal love, but how on earth did she get a job working for Dong Hua on heaven when she isn’t even associated to him?

Zhiyue is cousin to Ye Hua. Tianjun is also fond of her. In TMOPB she's "sentenced" to mortal realm by YH for breaking up Tianjun's things at the court.

She isn't really working for DH, though DH lets her do what she wants because according to him, while speaking to visiting Zhe Yan, he can't bear to be severe with juniors (something in that line). You can confirm in EP25. This was before BQ jumped off, and just before fox FJ was taken to the evil locking pagoda by Zhiyue.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She isn't really working for DH, though DH lets her do what she wants because according to him, while speaking to visiting Zhe Yan, he can't bear to be severe with juniors (something in that line). You can confirm in EP25. This was before BQ jumped off, and just before fox FJ was taken to the evil locking pagoda by Zhiyue.

If that’s the case, she really has no authority over Feng Jiu, except the latter decided to be a maid... 

hmm, come to think of it, how did Feng Jiu intend to pay off her debt as a maid? I know she became one partly hoping Dong Hua would notice her, but I can’t see how she could repay her debt as a maid.

11 hours ago, Megan said:

If that’s the case, she really has no authority over Feng Jiu, except the latter decided to be a maid... 

hmm, come to think of it, how did Feng Jiu intend to pay off her debt as a maid? I know she became one partly hoping Dong Hua would notice her, but I can’t see how she could repay her debt as a maid.

By serving DH until he says all his favours to her are accounted for. They have spoken of that - 100,000 years serving tea, 200,000 serving water.

LMAO. Isn't that an indirect declaration of "I want you to stay with me for always"? :lol:

So far she was racking up "debts", such as breaking an at least 70,000 years old tea cup given by Mo Yuan to DH before the battle in Roushui, and DH carrying her back to her bed then feeding her 3 cups of sobering soup when she got drunk by fruits from Cheng Yu.

You can check it out in YT, all the episodes are in a playlist there, if you don't have TMOPB. The two I mentioned happened before EP20.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1