[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Im back! Lol not really ive just been silently following the forum without commenting. It took me a long time to get over Eternal love of dream but now I've moved my obsession to Lotus step and Bodhi fate.

I really recommend everyone to try reading the google translated ver of lotus step. Some things I didnt get but some things i did. So far I didnt realise how emotionally detached lian song is before he meets cheng yu. I feel the rest of the movies and books portray him as this carefree playful guy but after reading him its like hes a completely different person. Also, spoilers but cheng yu is definitely not some side character, her character is/was/will be a ancient powerful god who is most likely related to Donghua as a sister. Which is funny especially with all these god daughter in law jokes coming up in pillow book. 

Also, loved the shao wan references in the lotus step. You can feel the strong relationship between her and past chengyu. I feel shao wans character is not as hot headed as we think she is from the first chapter in BF. We later learn it was her idea and initiative to save the mortals at the gate and willingly and knowingly sacrificed herself for them. What a sweetheart. Of course, past chengyu couldnt let her friend take it on herself and with her psychic powers predicted that this is shaowans calamity and it was inevitable for to feather this way. I found it very interesting during this dream/flashback moyuan is mentioned alot, where CY basically says to SW that there is no way moyuan would let her go and how SW should think of how moyuan would take this and SW basically says he should deal with it because this is her fate.

SW and MY definitely have some deeprooted connections together. I think just from the way tang qi describes thdir relationship in a nostalgic/one true love/ longing way . In TMOPB, alot people misunderstood in the novel moyuans reaction to BQ and YH as being jealous or missing his chance but he clearly sees them a similarity in them like him and SW. The part where SW's brother visits MY to tell him that he dreamt of SW crying and MY reaction when he gets told that like him, SW can probably resurrect says A LOT of how he felt. Even the most clueless person in love BQ could recognize his reaction was probably because of a "heartbreak".

This is getting super juicy, i feel like lotus step is going super deep with this story. The blossoming romance between CY and LS is beautiful but so bittersweet because of CY being a mortal(for now) and LS trying to resist the temptation as he is a god and will never be able to realistically marry someone who would die in a couple of years. I cant wait for the next volume!!

The reveal towards the close of chapter 24 is a shocker. I finished reading all the Chinese chapters so now i am prepared to keep translating along with our other translators weeeeee!!!

Try to hold onto spoilers for now!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just a word for everyone on the forum:

Blog update this week:

1) will put up a comic strip this week to entertain our penchant for all things Dong Feng

2) will aim to upload Chapter One of Lotus Step towards the end of next week (sun tonight so next week starts tomorrow), real life has been murdering me for the past week or so!

Look forward to more Lotus Step, it will help clarify anything you guys did not understand while attempting to read it on google translate.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

XY grew up lacking mother's love, That's why Feng Jiu felt sorry for him and mothered him a lot out of kindness. 

Xiao Yan fights better than Nie Chu Yin although they are about the same age. Let's not forget that now know that his teacher was Xie Hua Lou who isn't a bad martial artist herself. She is the white Lord of the Underworld.

It is clearer in the Chinese Version how Feng Jiu really felt about xiao yan.

I was thinking, do you guys want to come up with a list of which favourite scenes you guys would like translated.

Some scenes were truncated or paraphrased in the English version by Hamster so maybe also let me know which scenes people want translated again for clarification.

I have a list of scenes I would like to do for the blog and some could match with what you guys want as well.

Sweetheart, I'll be honest, I want another more proper translation of TMOPB, and if possible, ditch the ugly title "To The Sky Kingdom". "Ten Miles of Peach Blossom" as title is so beautiful, why change it to the unimaginative "To The Sky Kingdom"? :(

And for TPB, a review, rehash, rewrite of confusing parts, correction of misspellings/grammar, insertion of omitted sections or scenes, then print the official English book/s for it. 

I swear I'll buy two sets, one for my reading and one for my collection. 

It's a wonderful offer, and thanks so much in advance @Ninky, as we non-Mandarin readers who loved the stories are always happy to reimagine the depictions as told in the book. :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The reveal towards the close of chapter 24 is a shocker. I finished reading all the Chinese chapters so now i am prepared to keep translating along with our other translators weeeeee!!!

After reading Ch24, I'm so looking forward to the first most likely "beating" of Lian Song. :P Especially when he finds out where is Cheng Yu sent out just as LS was doing what he did at that chapter.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sweetheart, I'll be honest, I want another more proper translation of TMOPB, and if possible, ditch the ugly title "To The Sky Kingdom". "Ten Miles of Peach Blossom" as title is so beautiful, why change it to the unimaginative "To The Sky Kingdom"? :(

And for TPB, a review, rehash, rewrite of confusing parts, correction of misspellings/grammar, insertion of omitted sections or scenes, then print the official English book/s for it. 

It's a wonderful offer, and thanks so much in advance @Ninky, as we non-Mandarin readers who loved the stories are always happy to reimagine the depictions as told in the book. :wub:

ill write the list out here when I have time. Will try to go through english version to see which scenes  we should do. Some stuff meant totally different things to the chinese version, for example Bai Qian's eyesight part was incorrectly translated. Omission changed the meaning of the sentence almost completely.

At the moment, i am trying my darnest to bring Lotus Step to you all at a faster pace!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

After reading Ch24, I'm so looking forward to the first most likely "beating" of Lian Song. :P Especially when he finds out where is Cheng Yu sent out just as LS was doing what he did at that chapter.

I wanted to wring somebody's neck in that chapter...i think once this gets translated, you will see exactly why.

• LOL 2

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Also not sure if you realise, but Lian Song is a true Water Lord. He is the head honcho of all 4 seas. The Four Water Kings report to him. He is the master rainbearer. He also overseas the other immortals who are responsible for bringing rain :).

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

26 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Brave! I tried 2 chapters and it was heache inducing. :lol: I'm seriously considering giving it another go though. From what I heard so far it's very promising! TQ will keep us hooked for several more years.

It can be funny at times what auto-translate coughs out. I actually had a good time laughing over, but no denying it requires some patience as it's not the normal reading that you can read continuously. Auto translated text makes you go slower, and ponder what exactly was it saying. It's a good exercise though, IMO, to decipher/understand what's being meant amidst some confusing jumble of words.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Also not sure if you realise, but Lian Song is a true Water Lord. He is the head honcho of all 4 seas. The Four Water Kings report to him. He is the master rainbearer. He also overseas the other immortals who are responsible for bringing rain :).

I feel that won't really stop the one LS woke up, after he finds out where was Cheng Yu sent earlier and why. :tears: Uhm, Lian Song might be beaten up, but there's another one or even two who he might also be beating up when he too finds out where's Cheng Yu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It's a feature of the Viki app, I think? Comments made of users while watching via the app.

@Aari sky I confirm that it's a setting in Viki app. Too bad that in my region, ELOD isn't available in Viki, but I have TMOPB.

Haha, I just might rewatch via Viki app due to the comments, even if I already have the entire series for offline viewing.

Even in my region ELOD isn't available on viki :(

I'm sure most of the comments are from certain group who are taking out their personal grudges on ELOD :confounded:

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

I was thinking, do you guys want to come up with a list of which favourite scenes you guys would like translated.

Some scenes were truncated or paraphrased in the English version by Hamster so maybe also let me know which scenes people want translated again for clarification.

I have a list of scenes I would like to do for the blog and some could match with what you guys want as well.

If possible I want the whole pillow book to be translated by you, hehe....

I don't want to miss out on any left out parts in the hamster translation :glasses:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

Even in my region ELOD isn't available on viki :(

I'm sure most of the comments are from certain group who are taking out their personal grudges on ELOD :confounded:

Uhm, it's same in TMOPB. There are comments disputing that TMOPB is not the best but AOL. Then there are those who just wants to see DHDJ. :lol:

Don't mind those comments. :) We who had seen and loved it know better. It's their lose that they didn't get to bask in the story adaptation's heartwarming courage to defy destiny.

Those who dropped it before ep13, they missed out on some handsome charmers. They didn't get to ogle Ye Qingti! Hahahaha! :lol:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

I usually prefer digital copies but with TPB, if its translated and released as a physical copy, I will buy 3. One in my outdoor bag, one at home and one framed somewhere in the house as an inheritance to be passed on to next generations.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Uhm, it's same in TMOPB. There are comments disputing that TMOPB is not the best but AOL. Then there are those who just wants to see DHDJ. :lol:

Don't mind those comments. :) We who had seen and loved it know better. It's their lose that they didn't get to bask in the story adaptation's heartwarming courage to defy destiny.

Those who dropped it before ep13, they missed out on some handsome charmers. They didn't get to ogle Ye Qingti! Hahahaha! :lol:

They missed out on a lot of DHDJ's cute pouts and whines :joy:

We should just ignore them. Maybe in the future, because they are so bored they will watch it. Then they will say "Why did I drop this series before?". These occurrence happens to me quite regularly :sweat_smile:

• LOL 4

57 minutes ago, triplesung said:

They missed out on a lot of DHDJ's cute pouts and whines :joy:

We should just ignore them. Maybe in the future, because they are so bored they will watch it. Then they will say "Why did I drop this series before?". These occurrence happens to me quite regularly :sweat_smile:

If they even jumped to Ep24 wedding and the blind dates, they would have seen how well matched FJ and DH are in trolling. :sweat_smile: 

• LOL 3

7 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Unsure if any (or all) of these have been posted yet so I apologize if this has been done, but I just found some really nice quality pictures of images that were harder to find, a bunch of which I think may have been in the art book?

Some aren't familiar. :) Thanks for posting these illustrations. :wub:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, XY was giving her money for cooking. FJ wasn't having any because she had betted her money and some valuables before she was captured as handkerchief by DH. We all know what happened afterwards. :lol:

DH doesn't know that arrangement though between FJ and XY. He wasn't paying her for the meals she prepares for him.

Thank you for the explanation :)

Ali was very thoughtful, brought all his birthday money to FJ
Too bad, that scene has been cut in the drama

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Unsure if any (or all) of these have been posted yet so I apologize if this has been done, but I just found some really nice quality pictures of images that were harder to find, a bunch of which I think may have been in the art book?

I'll show write what pic is what

From Top Down

1) Aranya and Xize admiring Ye Ling Flowers

2) Dong Hua catching sight of Feng Jiu in his transparent hot spring uh oh. I mean his robe is loose and in the book he was sorta IN the pool and got out when he saw her. ROFL.

3) Dong Hua blackmailed her after the Miao Luo fight to let him rest his head on her lap.

4) Feng Jiu and Bai Gun Gun in the last place they were at in the mortal world. I suddenly can't remember the name of the place. (Hei Long something)

5) Shen Ye and Aranya

6) Aranya

7) Feng Jiu and Dong Hua in the closing scene in the starlight ward. Note the ward is transparent but you can see it in the picture.

8) Dong Hua and Feng Jiu resting in Tai Chen's gardens

9) Dong Hua is part of the wedding procession, Feng Jiu appears out of Wan Sheng Sea.

10) On the boat ride to the Holy Blue Sea.

This was from the special edition pictorial book I have. You can buy a copy of this large format book in Books Kinokuniya. I got mine from the sydney online store and got it delivered. If anyone is in Australia.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ninky said:

This was from the special edition pictorial book I have. You can buy a copy of this large format book in Books Kinokuniya. I got mine from the sydney online store and got it delivered. If anyone is in Australia.

Hi @Ninky, are you saying you got the book from kinokuniya? And they deliver it online? I’m so excited now :lol:.

• Like 1