[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Refer back to the 6th paragraph qouted. It's mentioned and marked, though not necessarily as I've described and quantified the worst effect of Qiushui poisoning.

@MayanEcho i don't know how hamster got 80% . In the chinese text, it says the poison will slow cultivation regeneration rate down by 5 times. i will try to lift a quote out of chinese copy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

im going to assume you are talking about the chinese subtitles as this scene wasn''t in the book as author did not elaborate. It was in the drama only.

@Ninky It's mentioned in PB2 p156 of Hamster's translated text. Not so elaborated, but it's due to FJ's fears due to SMY's recounting of what Aranya did (p155). Never expected it though that in the adaptation, she would have some chicken blood instead. :lol:

• LOL 1

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@MayanEcho i don't know how hamster got 80% . In the chinese text, it says the poison will slow cultivation regeneratiom rate down by 5 times. 

About that slowing down of cultivation regeneration by 5 times, it implied that one can gain up to 20% only at the same time of 100% without poisoning. Thus, I described to @Megan that the worst effect is up to 80% reduction of cultivation regeneration.

• Like 1

Here is the quote about Qiu Shui poisom

“秋水毒绵延在仙者的仙元之中,中了秋水毒的仙者,若要将失去的仙力修回,所耗的时间至少是平日的五倍”

Excerpt From: 公子, 唐七. “三生三世 枕上书·终篇.” iBooks. 
This material may be protected by copyright.

Quick Translation:

"The Qiu Shui poison will continuously stay within an immortal's essence. If an immortal afflicted with it wants to regain their lost cultivation, they would need to spend at least 5 times the usual amount of time to do so."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

@Ninky It's mentioned in PB2 p156 of Hamster's translated text. Not so elaborated, but it's due to FJ's fears due to SMY's recounting of what Aranya did (p155). Never expected it though that in the adaptation, she would have some chicken blood instead. :lol:

i need to reread in chinese. I really don't recall this part at all lol.

• LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Read my summary of @jimmylyne scene quotations. It will make things clearer. There are many questionable things done by Dong Hua in the book which could amount to deception if put into our real life context , but he did  learn a super hard lesson for it, ie, the 200 year separation.

Don’t you mean your summary of @MayanEcho quotations?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

About that slowing down of cultivation regeneration by 5 times, it implied that one can gain up to 20% only at the same time of 100% without poisoning. Thus, I described to @Megan that the worst effect is up to 80% reduction of cultivation regeneration.

@MayanEcho hmm see my translated text, it is similar to hamsters but not quite the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I ship DongFeng, but there’s something bothering me about the memory alteration thing. More than the fact that Dong Hua altered Feng Jiu’s memories without her consent or knowledge, what disturbs me is that he never allowed her any say of whether she wanted to pursue a relationship with him. We don’t know what Feng Jiu would have chosen Dong Hua or rejected him if she had known but it seems kind of wrong to give her fake memories where she accepted Dong Hua and willingly entered into a romantic relationship with him. It is somehow more wrong than pretending to be Xize while wooing her because within the Dream, she clearly didn’t want to see Dong Hua and the pretense is only temporary.

DH is a logical person. He analysis situations quickly. However, like most people in love, their emotions can cloud their judgement. DH altering FJ's memory was not his brightest moment, but finding out what FJ has done for him in the past, DH pretty much made up his mind to put 110% into solidifying their relationship. This was because he was confident that FJ still love him.

DH understand FJ personality and the way she thinks. FJ may say one thing, but she easily becomes soft hearted, especially when it comes to DH. For example:

During BQ and YH's wedding, FJ was determined not to be entangled with DH. Yet, when FJ turned from a handkerchief into her human form, she happily laid next to DH and stared at him.

Another example, when DH was supposedly hurt, FJ instantly dropped her hostility to apply first aid. Even as Xize, FJ cared for DH.

The way FJ behaves is driven by her love for DH. Even when she said she didn’t want to see DH, it was because she was hurt and thought DH was in love with JH.

DH knows and understand this point well.

Yes, DH never asked if FJ wanted to be in a relationship with him, but not all relationship starts that way. Some couples naturally get along, spend more time together and before they know it, they become a couple. 

I think it is important to view DH and FJ's relationship from their perspective and what they value. I can see that clear communication and being fair are important values to you, but that may not be the same priorties for DH and FJ. For FJ, her family, fun, loyalty, freedom and honesty are important to her. Even though DH never asked her formally to be in a relationship, she didn't care. This was because formalities and words of acknowledgement isn't the most important thing for her. Knowing how DH registered their marriage was probably more reassuring for FJ. 

It is also important to remember, DH have always been respectful of FJ's needs and wants. DH gave FJ alot of freedom to do what she liked and provided what she wanted. When DH saw FJ hugging SY, he didn't break them apart. He walked away because he knew he may hurt SY and respected FJ's decision. So I disagree with you to say DH didn't "allow" FJ to chose. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

37 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@MayanEcho hmm see my translated text, different meaning altogether? 

40 minutes ago, Ninky said:

The Qiu Shui poison will continuously stay within an immortal's essence. If an immortal afflicted with it wants to regain their lost cultivation, they would need to spend at least 5 times the usual amount of time to do so."

I was thinking of the ratio 1:5, 1 being what will DH gain after getting poisoned, due to 5 the number of times than usual he needs for full regeneration of cultivation due poisoning, and equivalent percentages. :)

Let's assume DH needs around 1 year to be back to full regain (100%) cultivation without poisoning. After poisoning, he needs at least 5 times the usual amount of time to do so. 

Hence, it can be concluded that what normally takes around 1 year to be 100% will now take at least 5 years.

With 1 as 20% of 5, it can be further concluded that poisoned DH regained up to 20% in a year, rather than up to 100% in a year if he did not absorb the poison.  Comparing the differences of unpoisoned to poisoned for the same amount of time, his regeneration has been reduced to around 80%. 

Sorry if I had confused earlier, it was due to the line of thinking: now that it needs five times more time, then it's only 20% back normal time, a reduction of 80% for the same time as the nastiest side effect. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I was thinking of the ratio 1:5, 1 being what will DH gain after getting poisoned, due to 5 the number of times than usual he needs for full regeneration of cultivation due poisoning, and equivalent percentages. :)

Let's assume DH needs around 1 year to be back to full regain (100%) cultivation without poisoning. After poisoning, he needs at least 5 times the usual amount of time to do so. 

Hence, it can be concluded that what normally takes around 1 year to be 100% will now take at least 5 years.

With 1 as 20% of 5, it can be further concluded that poisoned DH regained up to 20% in a year, rather than up to 100% in a year if he did not absorb the poison.  Comparing the differences of unpoisoned to poisoned for the same amount of time, his regeneration has been reduced to around 80%. 

Ok i see why you made that assumption. But my maths is at the bottom of the class  Vs my languages which are at the top 10%. I just quantify simply by 5 times slower easier for me to comprehend hahh.

Also need to explain author didn’t use the word spread but that the poison stays continuously in the immortal’s essence :). (Coz there is another word that’s really close to it and it means spread so that’s why it was mistrans)

Thereby slowing their regeneration of cultivation down. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Ok i see why you made that assumption. But my maths is at the bottom of the class  Vs my languages which are at the top 10%. I just quantify simply by 5 times slower easier for me to comprehend hahh.

Sorry if I confused earlier. It's due to a habit (if you can call it that, hehe) of quantifying interpretation from what I took up in school and where I worked (bank). :sweatingbullets:

It's why some time ago, I could see DH and FJ as two equations. :lol: They are like parallel lines (moving in same world but not meeting at any point), then the conditions changed (fate), so that the once 0 destiny (2 lines not meeting at any point) becomes one (2 lines finally meet at one point, and continue like 1 line to infinity) and together for eternity. 

• LOL 4

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I ship DongFeng, but there’s something bothering me about the memory alteration thing. More than the fact that Dong Hua altered Feng Jiu’s memories without her consent or knowledge, what disturbs me is that he never allowed her any say of whether she wanted to pursue a relationship with him. We don’t know what Feng Jiu would have chosen Dong Hua or rejected him if she had known but it seems kind of wrong to give her fake memories where she accepted Dong Hua and willingly entered into a romantic relationship with him. It is somehow more wrong than pretending to be Xize while wooing her because within the Dream, she clearly didn’t want to see Dong Hua and the pretense is only temporary.

Altered FJ memory is the risks DH had to take.. despite he knows "maybe" FJ will blame him or not That Method was the only way to make everything to be alright at least in DH calculation.

The first reason was just like ZL explained because of Dongfeng's weak fate.

And the other reason DH lied because they were running out of time and DH saving-time to save FJ.

PB2 page 42

An hour was too short. Although he had used a dishonorable method to
prevent her from quarreling with him, he didn't really care whether it was
right or not. As far as he was concerned, if it was useful, it was good.

__________ ___________________________

The truth is....IF only FJ frankly tell DH about the reason why she want Saha fruit and why she need it...and she must get it.

DH would've just asking Biyiniaos queen to give it to him..or DH purposely won't do it.. he love or volunteer to teach FJ because he had a reason to be close to FJ. If he did then we will never know about Dongfeng's shadows Aranya and Shen Ye story in Aranya Dream .

If only FJ didn't "lied" or if she had frankly enough with Xixe( DH) and also didn't lied to herself about her true feeling or didn't said "I don't want to see him again "

DH certainly didn't need to used a dishonourable method thus gave him a slight headache.Even her friends XGC know about FJ still love DH... always be instinctively love DH in her heart.

Just like how FJ lie or not frankly enough to tell DH about the reason why she must get Saha fruit.

Me think....the truth is if the real Xixe trying to woo FJ he definitely will not succeed because he is not DH. And the reason why Xixe ( DH) manage to make FJ love him is because he is DH.

Just like the mortal Emperor ( in books) fail to make FJ love him because he is not DH and FJ didn't fall in love with him although FJ thought the Emperor was DH reincarnation also because the mortal Emperor is not DH.

PS: now I have a slight headache..lol

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

i need to reread in chinese. I really don't recall this part at all lol.

As per @MayanEcho posts.

PB2 page 155/156

The Aranya in Mo Shao’s memory had gripped a blade with her bare hand,
all casual and cool. She tore a sleeve, with swashbuckling air. Fengjiu
found a wood-cutting cleaver somewhat similar to the legendary holy
sabre. But while weighing it in her hand, she lost all senses before the blade
even had a chance to touch her skin. She switched to rehearsing the sleeve tearing and bandaging scene instead. Still, no damage was done to even the
sleeve corner by the time her hands were red.
To Fengjiu, Aranya had been every bit heroic, but she had also been
awfully troublesome. If the blood was released in advance, she could take a
pocket container and, upon her arrival on Lingshu Terrace, pierce a knife
into the sack of blood. Should she just do that then? Would it seem
 awkward at all?

She stressed herself out haggard thinking about this day and night.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

As per @MayanEcho posts.

PB2 page 155/156

even had a chance to touch her skin. She switched to rehearsing the sleeve tearing and bandaging scene instead. Still, no damage was done to even the
 awkward at all?

I will try to find it in the  original Tang Qi book.  I may have glossed over it as the dream was very long and complicated to read in Chinese as well.  I remember all the good and all the very sad scenes very well however.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

As per @MayanEcho posts.

PB2 page 155/156

awkward at all?

Found it in my chinese ebook it was bookmarked!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

DH is a logical person. He analysis situations quickly. However, like most people in love, their emotions can cloud their judgement. DH altering FJ's memory was not his brightest moment, but finding out what FJ has done for him in the past, DH pretty much made up his mind to put 110% into solidifying their relationship. This is because he is confident that FJ still loves him.

DH understand FJ personality and the way she thinks. FJ may say one thing, but she easily becomes soft hearted, especially when it comes to DH. For example:

During BQ and YH's wedding, FJ was determined not to be entangled with DH. Yet, when FJ turned from a handkerchief into her human form, she happily laid next to DH and stared at him.

Another example, when DH was supposedly hurt, FJ instantly dropped her hostility to apply first aid. Even as Xize, FJ cared for DH.

The way FJ behaves is driven by her love for DH. Even when she said she didn’t want to see DH, it was because she was hurt and thought DH was in love with JH.

DH knows and understand this point well.

Yes, DH never asked if FJ wanted to be in a relationship with him, but not all relationship starts that way. Some couples naturally get along, spend more time together and before they know it, they become a couple. 

I think it is important to view DH and FJ's relationship from their perspective and what they value. I can see that clear communication and being fair are important values to you, but that may not be the same priorties for DH and FJ. For FJ, her family, fun, loyalty, freedom and honesty are important to her. Even though DH never asked her formally to be in a relationship, she didn't care. This was because formalities and words of acknowledgement isn't the most important thing for her. Knowing how DH registered their marriage was probably more reassuring for FJ. 

It is also important to remember, DH have always been respectful of FJ's needs and wants. DH gave FJ alot of freedom to do what she liked and provided what she wanted. When DH saw FJ hugging SY, he didn't break them apart. He walked away because he knew he may hurt SY and respected FJ's decision. So I disagree with you to say DH didn't "allow" FJ to chose. 

Love your post.. it's make me sappy..

It make me want to re-read the books and re-watched the drama again..

And i want to re-read Dongfeng's story in mini outtakes :wub:.

DH goes to court after 200 yrs "resting" to flaunt his gown/robe that FJ made for him.

DH used FJ as his hug pillow ...lol we all know what happened after that.

200 days wedding

@Megan they both made a mistake , unwise decisions due to certain circumstances.

They are together at the end... happily ever after.. Their love stronger than ever.

They completed each other..

• Like 3
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Found it in my chinese ebook it was bookmarked!

Was it mentioned whose blood FJ "packed"? Ehehehe. If not, that change in the adaptation IMO was a thumbs up comic relief. That and the face of SMY when he sniffed the chicken blood. :lol:

• LOL 3

20 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Love your post.. it's make me sappy..

It make me want to re-read the books and re-watched the drama again..

And i want to re-read Dongfeng's story in mini outtakes :wub:.

Still do all those! :lol:

I'm also now looking forward to more snippets of DH and his family in Lotus Steps. Maybe some antics of BGG and Ali, or more school scenes for them plus FJ. XY or XGC visiting, er, nannying the two, hahaha. LOL, what will happen with these 4 together. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here’s the part about the blood:

“凤九觉得,阿兰若是真豪杰,但她是真纠结。那么,若是提前把血放出来,拿个口袋盛着,待她上灵梳台救人时,啪一声直接将血包扔到刀身上,这样行不行呢?会不会显得很突兀呢?
她日思夜想,自觉憔悴。”

Excerpt from
三生三世 枕上书·终篇
唐七公子
This material may be protected by copyright.

Here’s the translation;

Feng Jiu felt that Aranya was really heroic, but she (*Feng Jiu) was really at a loss.

What if she released her blood in advance and stored it in a pocket bag, and when the time came for her to save Ju Nuo on the Ling Shu Terrace, she would then “pop” the blood by flinging the blood bag directly onto the blade of the sabre.

Could it work if it was done this way?

Would it appear to be too abrupt?

She thought about it by day and by night, and became conscious of how haggard she was becoming.

————

*the “she” is not referring to Aranya, but to Feng Jiu.

There is some differences here to the english translation quoted. This one is as close as I can get to the original prose.

@UnluckyWhiteCat it is indeed awkward to translate pop part to english. The above is how I did it so it flows better in English.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2