[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It seems even who would take on the roles of DH and FJ pre-production from posts, and comments. 

Producers should listen to the viewers, and if they want more ELOD income, they can at least give a date if they're releasing the uncut version. 

I also wish for their complete BGM release. That shouldn't be too hard, they already have the material with them. If they want to market it as deluxe edition, that's still fine. 

I found their wording....

For the first wave, it says: 全剧4首OST+17首精选配乐

4 Sound tracks + 17 Selected BGMs......... 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hwen2ee said:

I really hope as what you say!!!

There was a BGM that I loved so much (it was played during the time they were chatting on the bridge)

This personal on weibo did her own piano version - I've been playing it with the rest of the BGM to fill in the void.

I wonder if you can see the video?

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IBXDMcgHe?fid=1034:4490473180430375

She played well. :love: Notes and tempo are on point. I like how she played too, very relaxed. 

Thanks for sharing the video. It's also in Ep35, before DH made FJ sleep to seal her body for recovery. Aw, this is one of the nicest unreleased BGMs. It made me miss my keyboard though. :sweat_smile:

Haha, I remember what a friend used to say whenever the day is full of difficulties. "To which gods do we bow now and crawl to to grant such and such?" Somebody in Tencent and Xigua Music who can make things happen, please listen. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She played well. :love: Notes and tempo are on point. I like how she played too, very relaxed. 

Thanks for sharing the video. It's also in Ep35, before DH made FJ sleep to seal her body for recovery. Aw, this is one of the nicest unreleased BGMs. It made me miss my keyboard though. :sweat_smile:

Haha, I remember what a friend used to say whenever the day is full of difficulties. "To which gods do we bow now and crawl to to grant such and such?" Somebody in Tencent and Xigua Music who can make things happen, please listen. :blush:

Yeah I am a little music obsessed too. I don't need to be constantly watching the video. I can listen to the music and imagine the scenes in my head. 

But seriously, DHDJ and FJ really got to my head ..... if you watch other C-drama, you will notice all sorts of awkwardness. Between the love between the main leads, there are good ones, some with chemistry, and a lot of so so. Then you will remember how DHDJ and FJ are like. Scene after scene they are throwing sweetness everywhere. :lol:

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, hwen2ee said:

Yeah I am a little music obsessed too. I don't need to be constantly watching the video. I can listen to the music and imagine the scenes in my head. 

But seriously, DHDJ and FJ really got to my head ..... if you watch other C-drama, you will notice all sorts of awkwardness. Between the love between the main leads, there are good ones, some with chemistry, and a lot of so so. Then you will remember how DHDJ and FJ are like. Scene after scene they are throwing sweetness everywhere. :lol:

I couldn’t agree more. I watched a lot of dramas before. From chinese to kdrama. This is the first time I feel like this towards a drama. I’m slowly become a Pillow book nerd even though based on my current knowledge compare to the others here I’m at novice level :lol:

Their chemistry are just great. I agreed that sometimes DH make up is just not up to par but their act and emotions definitely filling up the void.

We can just feel and tell that DH slowly become more “human” as the series progressed. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, hwen2ee said:

I've only fully watched three Cdramas :lol: The first two because of the BGM, the third one due to the story. :) I've read the translated book versions for all three, and the third one had easily become one of my favourites ever. You can rightly guess which book that is. :wub:

Hmm, so far I've seen very good chemistry between Lin Gengxin and Zhanilia Zhao, as well Mark Chao and Yang Mi. It's off the charts though between Vengo Gao and Dilraba Dilmurat. ELOD was worth the wait, and the main leads are more than worthy reprising their roles from TMOPB.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, hwen2ee said:

Thanks for sharing the link. That was beautiful. Very relaxing to listen to. 

I tried to rewatch Love 020. I love the novel and the drama, but after watching ELoD, the hugs between the main leads seems awkward. Kind of kills the whole mood!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I tried to rewatch Love 020. I love the novel and the drama, but after watching ELoD, the hugs between the main leads seems awkward. Kind of kills the whole mood!

Ditto. Love O2O (The drama one though, not a fan of the movie) used to be my favourite too until I meet DongFeng. They must be a good friends too in reality as they seems to be comfortable around each other.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Dreams87 said:

I couldn’t agree more. I watched a lot of dramas before. From chinese to kdrama. This is the first time I feel like this towards a drama. I’m slowly become a Pillow book nerd even though based on my current knowledge compare to the others here I’m at novice level :lol:

Their chemistry are just great. I agreed that sometimes DH make up is just not up to par but their act and emotions definitely filling up the void.

We can just feel and tell that DH slowly become more “human” as the series progressed. 

There are so much to discover with ELOD, and a lot of it are quite fun like the find where's DH, or what's that trick, or dissect what's been said. :lol: 

For a deity that is supposedly devoid of emotions, DH's gradual progress from being icy faced to eyes glistening with unfallen tears was mesmerising to watch. And when he finally did cry... :tears:

Few actresses can act cute and childish without grating the nerves. Reba was so good as FJ. She finely developed from the sweet young girl full of antics to the brave, protective queen who is willing to sacrifice her life for the one she loves the most. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

Thanks for sharing the link. That was beautiful. Very relaxing to listen to. 

Love O2O was my fave feel good C-drama until TPB came out. I rewatched it too after ELoD hoping to help me move on from the drama and you are right. Their interactions were kind of awkward. I can never watch it the same way ever again.

1 hour ago, Dreams87 said:

Ditto. Love O2O (The drama one though, not a fan of the movie) used to be my favourite too until I meet DongFeng. They must be a good friends too in reality as they seems to be comfortable around each other.

The chemistry was definitely due to their long years of friendship and the fact that they have worked on so many projects together. I hope we get another drama from both of them.

• Like 5

You are right. There are heaps to unpack. I was also surprised at how many scenes were CGI. Many looked so natural, but it could be because I watched the whole drama on my phone, so the imperfections were not so obvious. 

Reba was amazing. Her transition from a sweet and innocent FJ, to a brave and some what jaded FJ was so believable. The way she incorporated fox mannerisms was adorable, how she tilted her head and encouraged DH to stroke/scratch behind her eyes :wub:

No wonder DH couldn't resist her in any form!

It always strucks me how DH is full of affection when he is with FJ and instantly turn emotionless when he talks to others. Again, Vengo's acting is flawless during these transitions. Both he and Reba must have studied their role so much to act out the characters so naturally.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, triplesung said:

In all of 3W3L series, which pair is a power couple?

I think it's SW and MY, both are high gods..

Where as in other couples one of them  is still a high immortal which can change in future since few are really young..

But if u are talking abt individuals then DH eats all of em

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

26 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

Where as in other couples one of them  is still a high immortal which can change in future since few are really young..

Mo Yuan and Dong Hua are both equal in power and ability as per Tang Qi. We will see more of Mo Yuan's abilities in his own book. SW is also a pretty powerful High Goddess.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

All of them are great and special. As of now, DH is the apple of the eye. :innocent:

...Amid the desperate search for a new hero, with neither a mother nor father, he sprang forth from the holy Blue Sea at the very end of the skies, a true child of Heaven.

Born in the East land where good light shone, he simple took two characters and went by the name Donghua (Brilliance in the East). He was Donghua Dijun. (PB1, p96)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

All of them are great and special. As of now, DH is the apple of the eye. :innocent:

...Amid the desperate search for a new hero, with neither a mother nor father, he sprang forth from the holy Blue Sea at the very end of the skies, a true child of Heaven.

Born in the East land where good light shone, he simple took two characters and went by the name Donghua (Brilliance in the East). He was Donghua Dijun. (PB1, p96)

There is a slight error in that particular translation, I had to translate this portion from chinese text quoted by Tang Qi for a new article that will be posted next week, Here's my version of this section, note the bigger areas of Chinese text is where the errors were made:

Chinese Text:

英雄已在天之尽头的碧海苍灵应声化世,没爹没娘地被老天爷亲自化育出来了。

诞生地是东荒一方华泽,简单取了其中两个字,尊号定为“东华”,便是东华帝君。

……

仅有史册的一笔载录,说帝君仰接天泽、俯饮地泉,集万物毓秀而始化灵胎。

——《三生三世枕上书·上》

第一卷第四章

Translated text

I retranslated this as Hamster's version is a little off for this particular part:

A hero had already answered the call and sprang forth from the Holy Blue Sea at the very end of the Heavens, with neither a mother nor a father, he is a true child of Heaven. Born in the Eastern Realm where a magnificent pool lay*, he simply took two words out of his location of birth and set his honorific name as "Dong Hua". He was Dong Hua Di Jun. 

**Accorded to the annals, it is said that Di Jun looked skyward and received Heaven's favour, he drank from the ground spring, absorbing the essence of life and began to transform into a spirit fetus. 

My notes:

1) *He wasn't born where the good light shone, the word in chinese is 华泽 - this means Magnificent Pool but in the Eastern Realm where a magnificent pool lay (also where he defeated Miao Luo in the book, it was right at the place of his birth)

So,  Dong 荒一方 Hua泽 

2) **The rock where Di Jun popped out from is facing up towards the heavens and over time absorbed the essence of life from the ground spring and began to change into a spirit fetus. That's why it is written that way in their annals. It's not literal but philosphical.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 6

@Ninky Thank you! It's lovely when you clarify things. Some portions in the translated text were acknowledged ahead by Hamster and others for possible errors and omissions. They still did a great job, but it's also most welcome for readers of the translated novel (at least for me, hehe) when there are corrections from those who had read the original text. It clears misconceptions. :blush:

Looking forward to the new post for next week. :love:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

@Ninky Thank you! It's lovely when you clarify things. Some portions in the translated text were acknowledged ahead by Hamster and others for possible errors and omissions. They still did a great job, but it's also most welcome for readers of the translated novel (at least for me, hehe) when there are corrections from those who had read the original text. It clears misconceptions. :blush:

Looking forward to the new post for next week. :love:

At least now you understand why he chose to fight Miao Luo in the book right there. It is where he is born, and the pool is the greatest source of his power. An immortal is pretty tied to the place of their birth.

This is quite apparent in Tang Qi's universe. It's also the best place for him to recuperate from serious injury, just like Kun Lun is the best place for Mo Yuan to gain back his cultivation after he awoke in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms.

And to translate the entire two volumes from a wordy author like Tang Qi is no easy feat. So errors like these are understandable.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

51 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Mo Yuan and Dong Hua are both equal in power and ability as per Tang Qi. We will see more of Mo Yuan's abilities in his own book. SW is also a pretty powerful High Goddess.

DH is stronger than all the other gods combined right? I saw it in this forum only, where TQ arranged characters by powers it went something like DH = all of em combined? Or did I misread that one?

• LOL 2

I love TQ's wordiness, and I'm grateful that Hamster, et al did their best to keep that too in the translated text.

I don't know if TQ is just as wordy with The Sky Kingdom original novel, but I do suspect that one reason Toland's translation is very dry is because of that. Her way of translation wasn't as detailed as TQ, hence the final body of work is bare and clinically cold.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

DH is stronger than all the other gods combined right? I saw it in this forum only, where TQ arranged characters by powers it went something like DH = all of em combined? Or did I misread that one?

@Aari sky Definitely misread.

TQ specifically means Dong Hua and  Mo Yuan are equals, the rest mentioned will be under them. Some of goddess who will awaken later in the other books will be powerful too just not as powerful as the both of them who are equally as strong as the other.

Which is why Dong Hua told Lian Song to find Mo Yuan and pass Miao Yi Realm to him in case he doesn't come back out of Aranya's Dream. Mo Yuan is the other Venerable Ancient God who can do what he does.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1