[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, pawla said:

@Miljenko1708, @triplesung, @Dreams87 Try watching Candle in the tomb the wrath of time. Not too many episodes, only 21 but you'll end up wanting more. Vengo is very different than in ELOD. 

I actually watched the first few episodes when it came out but but because I like to binge watch, I dropped it for the moment. I might rewatch it soon after my 4th rewatch of ELoD :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I believe he isn’t particularly happy to be treated like a child. He wants to be pampered by Feng Jiu but also for their relationship to be romantic rather than maternal lol

however he brought FJ out specifically to make her happy; so he lets her treat him like a child.

but I believe he was truly happy when she gave him a fox mask.

change of subject...

im reading old comments about the tea scene and I got irritated that Dong Hua said both FJ and JH’s tea were equal. I don’t mind he chose JH as the winner since he was upset with FJ. I mind that he made their teas equal.

not sure why though...

Even though DH was not happy with FJ, I think he was fair. The competition was based on his class and what he said. FJ was unable to answer his question and did not follow his instructions on making tea. So strictly speaking, FJ lost on techniques.

In the end, it was clear that FJ came out as the winner from the competition. JH could see that DH was interested in FJ by the way he treated FJ.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Thank you for your interesting input.

it is very interesting to see it that way if Jiheng indeed thought so.

she believed DH couldn’t love but the dude definitely honoured his debts (you know, for a shameless guy, Dong Hua actually has honor...quite a conundrum or paradox?) so I’m guessing in this perspective, Jiheng believed Dong Hua was only marrying Feng Jiu to make up for robbing her of the fruit and thereby endangering her life (if that was the case, what a kick JH must have been giving herself).

JH... if this is the case, you are truly deluded. Of course DH loves FJ, all those embraces and kisses and handholdings were from love! You saw them! No one would do that if their marriage was in name only.

"There were times when I wondered why Dijun didn't make me into that special someone. But today I finally understand, there's actually no such thing as karma and reason, it's all luck and chance.” - JH

True....JH turned into that deluded someone instead of that special someone in DH's eyes.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I actually watched the first few episodes when it came out but but because I like to binge watch, I dropped it for the moment. I might rewatch it soon after my 4th rewatch of ELoD :joy:

lol I lost count on how many times I rewatched ELoD. I tried rereading the book too, but in the end I am too lazy and end up rewatching ELoD.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Excerption from the book

PB1 page 12 & 13

In this world, there's nothing easier than loving Dijun, but there's nothing more
difficult than receiving his love.

She buried her face into her palms, tears seeping through her fingers. “In
hindsight, Zhihe and I weren't any different, but funnily enough, I used to
hate her. To Dijun, there are only two kinds of women in this world: the
one who can be his queen, and everyone else.

There were times when I wondered why Dijun didn't make me into that special someone. But today I finally understand, there's actually no such thing as karma and reason, it's all luck and chance.”

Just my perspective and interpretation of JH character..just for fun.:D

I find that JH character very complicated confusing character. When she uttered those words(highlighted bolded words) I think she  believe that DH saved FJ is ....not because DH love FJ but because FJ was in trouble (trapped in Aranya Dream).

JH thought DH choose to saved FJ because of FJ's luck to be in those situation just like DH help her when she was in trouble ..help her to cure her illness..and asked her to stay in Fanyin village to recuperated.

Maybe when she decided to used her father crystal badge ( in the book) Scale ( in drama) she did knew that DH incapable in love..well at least according to her .. that why she only asking DH to divorce his wife to leave the position empty, she took a chances for DH to fullfil her wished and she try her luck getting poison second time because she know DH will saved her regardless which DH really do that even it's a promised he did with her father to cure her.

She didn't aksed for DH to love her. She just wanted to become his Empress because despite lack of love ..... yes she know DH will never love her but at least she would have all the luck..the luckiest one if she managed to become his Empress she already become that someone special..

JH is a person who is cunningly selfish, lack of morality, delusional and pretentious. Her own words "there's actually no such thing as karma and reason" 

someday will come bite her in the richard simmons. Maybe she never heard of 

"What's goes around comes around":)

What she didn't know is DH already deeply in love with FJ. He tried everything to make FJ become his, his love his everything. He will sacrifice everything for her because she is the one and the only woman he ever love , will be forever his love . Xiao Bai is his whole world his universe from heaven to earth. The one who love him best and he love her equally the same...

I loved your interpretation. 

I think JH is self centered.  She chooses to interpret situations and reasons to satisfy her reality.

Sadly, with her fragile self worth, she can't hack it when reality suggests that she is wrong.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

10 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

During and IMMEDIATELY after the 200 year break, she was full of resentment. But that didn’t last long. After she found out the truth about everything from Zhong Lin - from Ji Heng’s father to the Huiming Realm toxins and everything in between - she wasn’t full of resentment. She was full of REGRET. She regretted LEAVING Dong Hua without a word for 200 years while he was searching for her and preparing for his death. Her regret and her love for him was what drove her to choose to die with him.

Apparently It's a Bai's traditions... when they have a child, usually taking care of their children was either an uncle or an aunt.. it's was the same with FJ who grew up and learned from her Aunt Bai Qian and her 4th uncle Bai Zhen.. but for BGG  it's will be A-Li's turns to taking care of his little nephew BGG.

Remember, when A-Li seen FJ and DH accidentally kiss ( blindfolded kiss in the book) A-Li said: 

“Did Fengjiu jiejie just kiss Donghua gege? Am I going to have a nephew?” Then in dismay, he cried, “What am I going to
do, I still haven't prepared myself for a nephew.”

At least in BGG case , he had spent 197 yrs with his mom ...although it's seem like it's BGG who was taking care of his mother.:lol: 

PB1 page 34

When Fengjiu was little, her parents had wanted to build a love nest for just themselves, so for a long stretch of time she was tossed over into the
care of her aunt Bai Qian.
Growing up with this aunt, she did everything from snaring birds in the sky to catching fish in the stream. Once, she even plucked all the feathers clean from her fourth uncle's Jingwei bird12 while he was taking a nap.

DH would definitely like Bai traditions. FJ attention would be all to him and him only :joy: More time between themselves. No competition at all with his son.

I have deeper understanding now of FJ's actions (re: not thinking of making BGG parentless) thanks to you. FJ knows that in case if she's gone, Bai family would happily look after BGG. BGG would be looked after well by Ali (or is it the other way around?). 

I want to see a doting DH towards BGG or a daddy's boy BGG. But I'm sure BGG is more mommy's boy.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

25 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

lol I lost count on how many times I rewatched ELoD. I tried rereading the book too, but in the end I am too lazy and end up rewatching ELoD.

I like the novel more honestly. But because of how pleasing it is to the eyes to watch ELoD, I watch it more. Like how can an actor look good in white wig and be whiny and cute and badass at the same time? 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I like the novel more honestly. But because of how pleasing it is to the eyes to watch ELoD, I watch it more. Like how can an actor look good in white wig and be whiny and cute and badass at the same time? 

ELOD is a happy pill :wub: Though some of the sets are unreal, it's still so nice to look at. That bridge in Qing Qiu looks so dreamy. 

Haha, I can replay on repeat when FJ was discovered eavesdropping on Si Ming and Lian Song, and when she walked to them. The BGM got crickets and frogs croaking sound effects mixed in for that scene, making the roasting of Si Ming funnier! :lol:

Spoiler

I made someone I know having marital issues due to lack of communication watch it. Seems she learned something, hopefully, as it's 2weeks now that she isn't complaining? :phew: 

• Like 7

Si Ming is such a great character. He is forever stuck in the middle. He has such a difficult position, trying to please all these higher gods.

On a side note, his voice alone is worth listening to for hours!

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

2 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Si Ming is such a great character. He is forever stuck in the middle. He has such a difficult position, trying to please all these higher gods.

On a side note, his voice alone is worth listening to for hours!

Yes, very good voice! He has the voice of a storyteller. :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, very good voice! He has the voice of a storyteller. :)

Yes! So soothing. His voice fit his role well. Actually, is Si Ming character that used the orginal actors voice?

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Yes! So soothing. His voice fit his role well. Actually, is Si Ming character that used the orginal actors voice?

Yes, Si Ming is voiced by the actor himself, Lawrence Wang.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I've read a few posts that it's really his voice. :) Ah, if ever he still reprises his role should Lotus Steps and Bodhi Fate are adapted into series, I hope there'll be scenes of him telling stories to the kids. :wub:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I've read a few posts that it's really his voice. :) Ah, if ever he still reprises his role should Lotus Steps and Bodhi Fate are adapted into series, I hope there'll be scenes of him telling stories to the kids. :wub:

And he will be pranked most likely be pranked by the kids too!

• LOL 6

3 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

And he will be pranked most likely be pranked by the kids too!

LOL, they shouldn't prank too much, or else, their mortal trials later on will have so much twists! :lol:

I'm kinda envisioning a scene that DH or YH is knocking on his door to ask him to tell stories for fussy toddlers who refuse to sleep, because they will only sleep while listening to Si Ming. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

7 hours ago, pawla said:

When Shen Ye died did DH acquired his memory? Because when Aranya's essence entered FJ's body she gained Aranya's memory but they never mentioned about SY's. Also did DH ever found out in details what happened in the mortal realm? 

My opinion...

DH did acquired SY memory just like FJ obtained Aranya's memory...he already knows about SY and Aranya story when he look into Miaohua Mirror. As for Mortal Realm, when he woke up, he certainly remembered the kissed and also his tear,  which is a foreign feeling for him. That why he wanted to know more about his dream/mortal experience and he knew Siming hidding something as soon he read Siming's books of fated.

• Like 7

I am curious about Fanyin Valley..does it destroyed along with Miaolua defeated or perished? That why princess Jielu and her clan had to live somewhere else?  When DH and FJ planted Aranya/SY's tree in Fanyin Valley , DH put a shield to protected that tree..will it survived ? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

I am curious about Fanyin Valley..does it destroyed along with Miaolua defeated or perished? That why princess Jielu and her clan had to live somewhere else?  When DH and FJ planted Aranya/SY's tree in Fanyin Valley , DH put a shield to protected that tree..will it survived ? 

I hope the vegetation there survived, and I sincerely hope that particular tree made it. Even if the valley is cleaned up of toxins thanks to the combined bloods of FJ and DH, it will be safer for Jielu and her clan to live in Qing Qiu. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

My opinion...

DH did acquired SY memory just like FJ obtained Aranya's memory...he already knows about SY and Aranya story when he look into Miaohua Mirror. As for Mortal Realm, when he woke up, he certainly remembered the kissed and also his tear,  which is a foreign feeling for him. That why he wanted to know more about his dream/mortal experience and he knew Siming hidding something as soon he read Siming's books of fated.

and true to DH's ice face mode, even if he had acquired SY's memory, he would not be as openly emotionally affected as FJ was.

DH definitely was emotional touched though, enough for him to plant the AY and SY tree with FJ.

• Like 6