[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

10 hours ago, Ninky said:

Here is the excerpt from our translation of Tang Qi’s articles on their relationship. They are of equal standing and is why the shows got it wrong, they are never subservient to the Heavenly Clan, hope this helps explain a little more:

The intermarriage between the Heavenly Clan of the Nine Heavens and the Qing Qiu Arctic Fox Clan, after a long-drawn-out deliberation between the heads of both clans and going through two hundred and twenty-three years of arduous and extraordinary negotiation, a date was finally set for the wedding to take place at the beginning of this year.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Pillow Book ] Prologue

The keyword to note in the marriage between Bai Qian and Ye Hua is “intermarriage”.

The word intermarriage generally means two equal country or clans combining and expanding their power and social hierarchy. In order to benefit both parties or to establish peace, a political marriage is frequently used as a tool to create an alliance between countries or clans.

In ancient history, there were several untested intermarriage alliances such as the one between the Yellow Emperor and the Xi Ling Clan and Yu the Great and the Mount Tu Clan. Other historical evidence of intermarriages includes the origins of the famous idiom “The good terms of the Qin and the Jin court” (秦晋之好).

The idiom originated from the many intermarriages that cemented the alliance between the Qin and Jin imperial courts.

It was through intermarriage alliances that Duke Mu of Qin and Duke Wen of Jin safeguarded their ranks as part of the Five Hegemons of the Spring and Autumn period.

The Qing Qiu and the Heavenly Clan relationship is more like an equal partnership of shared benefits. However, as both are powerful God clans since the Era of Antiquity, their first priority is to maintain peace within their own territories and will not easily stir up conflicts between the two clans.

Forty-six years ago, to strengthen the influence of the Heavenly Clan and to restrain both the Demon race and the Ghost race, the Heavenly Lord sent his second son, Sang Ji to Qing Qiu to ask the Nine-tailed Fox King for his only daughter’s hand-in-marriage.

— [ Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms ] Chapter 4

She wasn’t she was the daughter of

some immortal Lord from another immortal Mountain I believe. It’s not Yao Guang. I will read the chinese version of the draft again to confirm.

Thank you for explaining things in detail! I always learn a bit more in this thread. :D 

9 hours ago, Ninky said:

Just saw what Tang Qi said in the comments section. She said don't take this version as the final version as she is making changes to the timeline and the overall settings so it may not even start the same way or have any weddings in the one that would be published. Plus it was written in first person and from her current style, it is more likely to be changed to third person like Pillow Book and Lotus Step.

I'm kinda hoping TQ changes the opening to Bodhi Fate. :ph34r: I can't imagine Mo Yuan marrying someone else... nor feel obliged to, and definitely not forced to.

TQ didn't make the impression MY was happy to get married, so I can't imagine he loved the nameless bride either.  

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

translation?  is that the equivalent of mistletoe?

FJ: (about to kiss DH)

DH: Xiao Bai (plucks the tea leaf)

FJ: Is it fun teasing me?

DH: (nods) It doesn't bore me. 

BGG: (Jiu Jiu...)

(Somebody's mad for that missed kiss :P)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

FJ: (about to kiss DH)

DH: Xiao Bai (plucks the tea leaf)

FJ: Is it fun teasing me?

DH: (nods) It doesn't bore me. 

BGG: (Jiu Jiu...)

(Somebody's mad for that missed kiss :P)

Thank you!

• Wiggle 1

On 5/11/2021 at 1:47 AM, MayanEcho said:

That also. They aren't openly showing this displeasure over the matter to Jiuchongtian, they aren't even minding much tha Ye Hua is also having a son, but Sujin and Xinnu...face palm.

Protective big brothers!  Thats why Fox Clan is the best!

On 5/11/2021 at 1:24 AM, Ninky said:

Her brothers absolutely DID not like the fact that this crown prince has a secondary consort...

best brothers!

• Blob 1

@ everyone,

I am currently editing Lotus Step Chapter 2 Part 2. Please note that Part 2 will be released as standalone but starting from Chapter 3, it will be single chapters only as per format in printed published version.

Also working on translating the concluding chapter (9) of Back to Chaos in a Dream. 

I have worked very hard to ensure that the translation followed Tang Qi's prose as much as possible. I hope everyone has enjoyed the outtake as it went along and that it has been a great journey for you all as it was for me.

Thank you all for your wonderful support as I embarked on this journey. It can feel alone at times but thanks to everyone here including @SC2019 @nitepolaris who edited these chapters as we went along.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

I am currently editing Lotus Step Chapter 2 Part 2. Please note that Part 2 will be released as standalone but starting from Chapter 3, it will be single chapters only as per format in printed published version.

Excited for more of baby Cheng Yu, her antics, and her adventures in her final journey as a mortal in the mortal realm! :)

3 hours ago, Ninky said:

Also working on translating the concluding chapter (9) of Back to Chaos in a Dream. 

I have worked very hard to ensure that the translation followed Tang Qi's prose as much as possible. I hope everyone has enjoyed the outtake as it went along and that it has been a great journey for you all as it was for me.

Thank you all for your wonderful support as I embarked on this journey. It can feel alone at times but thanks to everyone here including @SC2019 @nitepolaris who edited these chapters as we went along.

Thank you very much as well, for sharing the Dong Feng family's sojourn in the past. :heart:

• Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

An answer from Tang Qi to the million dollar question:

Excerpt from ELOD Blog - Q & A Part 2

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/dong-hua-s-inspiration-q-a

Q3: Between Mo Yuan and Dong Hua, who is more powerful? Can you explain why Mo Yan slept for 70,000 years after sealing Qing Cang but Dong Hua didn’t sleep at all? Does this mean that Dong Hua is more powerful due to an extra 70,000 years of power? Comparing Mo Yuan and Dong Hua, what class of magical or unique abilities does Dong Hua excel better at? Since Dong Hua was taught by Father God behind closed doors, are there plenty of unknown secrets? Ye Hua ascended to high immortal at twenty thousand years of age with half of Father God’s cultivation. Between these 3 people, Ye Hua, Mo Yuan and Dong Hua, who is more powerful?

A: Dong Hua is equal in power to Mo Yuan, and they are both greatly superior to Ye Hua. Ye Hua is still very young after all. Even if there are various kinds of opportunities open, it is still impossible for him to beat Dong Hua or Mo Yuan.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Ninky said:

An answer from Tang Qi to the million dollar question:

Excerpt from ELOD Blog - Q & A Part 2

https://elodsoompie.wixsite.com/home/post/dong-hua-s-inspiration-q-a

Q3: Between Mo Yuan and Dong Hua, who is more powerful? Can you explain why Mo Yan slept for 70,000 years after sealing Qing Cang but Dong Hua didn’t sleep at all? Does this mean that Dong Hua is more powerful due to an extra 70,000 years of power? Comparing Mo Yuan and Dong Hua, what class of magical or unique abilities does Dong Hua excel better at? Since Dong Hua was taught by Father God behind closed doors, are there plenty of unknown secrets? Ye Hua ascended to high immortal at twenty thousand years of age with half of Father God’s cultivation. Between these 3 people, Ye Hua, Mo Yuan and Dong Hua, who is more powerful?

A: Dong Hua is equal in power to Mo Yuan, and they are both greatly superior to Ye Hua. Ye Hua is still very young after all. Even if there are various kinds of opportunities open, it is still impossible for him to beat Dong Hua or Mo Yuan.

I would love for there to be a scene where Ye Hua spars with Mo Yuan with Mo Yuan teaching him some methods that YH's teachers didnt know or are something that MY considers a family moves/signatures. 

Seriously though,  YH and BQ should spar together since that would be proper cultivation stuff he should do as part of his duties and is something they can do together! 

Based on the drama it looked like MY made the Kunlun fan, is that accurate  or did he just call it after it appeared on the mountain?  

Also is the fact that it can transform into a sword only a drama thing or something it can really do?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 2:07 AM, Ninky said:

Working on the concluding Chapter of Back to Chaos in a Dream. Giving it a thorough read now in Chinese before translating. 

And it's hilarious in some parts!

Fei Wei got punished because he implied that Di Hou was stupid LOL. 

He had to copy Zhe Yan's book 30 times over ouch!

It was unfortunate that Di Jun happened to walk past and overheard their conversation.

IMO she isn't stupid, she is just a very young girl. She is no more than a 17 year old young girl in human terms. 

Once she gets to around 100,000 years old, she will change somewhat. Lian Song is about 90,000 years old, and he is quite mature in thinking so yeah that's the age where they will be somewhat more stable.

Like what Bai Qian said to Ye Hua, she couldn't possibly still act silly like she did at around his age hahaha. She had to look mature since the Eight Realms respectfully calls her "Aunt" . And if you think about it, when Feng Jiu gets to that age, the Eight Realms will also call her "Aunt" LOL. So many respectful titles she holds - Queen of Qing Qiu, Di Hou and Aunt. The woman of multiple titles!

Everytime i hear people whining in ViKi or youtube about Feng Jiu's maturity, I really wanted to slap them. How old was Bai Qian? She was 140,000 years old in the latter part of the show but the reason why her parents shipped her to her Father's best friend's school was because she behaved atrociously. And they couldn't control her wilfulness. She was around 50,000 years old then. I think in comparison at 30,000 Feng Jiu is very mature. She even raised her son on her own for 200 years!

Its like she is a young teen that can be carefree! (unlike YH who was kept on such a short leash and had to study seriously since he was able to sit up).

You gotta wonder what mischief Bai Qian got into especially with 4th Brother before she was sent for training. lol. (now there are some short stories Id love to see. Bai Qian taking Feng Jui out for mischief of some sort within QQ or stuff she got up to with her brother.

Poor Fei Wei!  

I wonder how long that book was?  

• Blob 2

I have a love/hate relationship with Viki, sometimes I love the comments, they make me feel like I'm watching the show with more people but sometimes they make my blood boil, how can someone be so stupid....

Anyway I'm currently watching love and redemption, I believe the main couple's dubbed voices are the same as DongFeng so sometimes I just close my eyes and pretend is my fave couple talking  

• Blob 3

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Bai Qian taking Feng Jui out for mischief of some sort within QQ or stuff she got up to with her brother.

Poor Fei Wei!  

I wonder how long that book was? 

BQ is back from Kunlun for a long time when FJ is born, when BQ's around 110,000 years old, unlike in the drama that baby fox is older than Ye Hua. So she and FJ are not into mischief together, although she had turned a blind eye to FJ's. She and FJ do the "talk" though(Bai Zhen and FJ in the drama), and that's how they thwarted the early pardon of Zhi He.

That book should be long enough to feel like punishment to copy it, LOL!

50 minutes ago, kiotzo said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Viki, sometimes I love the comments, they make me feel like I'm watching the show with more people but sometimes they make my blood boil, how can someone be so stupid....

Though some comments that aren't in favour with the show have some valid points, some comments are very out of this world. I rarely read the comments or reviews anymore and just trust my judgment.

50 minutes ago, kiotzo said:

Anyway I'm currently watching love and redemption, I believe the main couple's dubbed voices are the same as DongFeng so sometimes I just close my eyes and pretend is my fave couple talking  

I'm seeing Miss the Dragon. The actress for TMOPB Xuan Nu is the FL. I'm amused that sleeping scenes in the early eps are very much like FJ was described in Ch4 of TPB Back to Chaos. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

BQ is back from Kunlun for a long time when FJ is born, when BQ's around 110,000 years old, unlike in the drama that baby fox is older than Ye Hua. So she and FJ are not into mischief together, although she had turned a blind eye to FJ's. She and FJ do the "talk" though(Bai Zhen and FJ in the drama), and that's how they thwarted the early pardon of Zhi He.

That book should be long enough to feel like punishment to copy it, LOL!

Though some comments that aren't in favour with the show have some valid points, some comments are very out of this world. I rarely read the comments or reviews anymore and just trust my judgment.

I'm seeing Miss the Dragon. The actress for TMOPB Xuan Nu is the FL. I'm amused that sleeping scenes in the early eps are very much like FJ was described in Ch4 of TPB Back to Chaos. :lol:

Awww you dont think she took her on races through the meadows? 

Yes I read that in the 1st Pillow book volume (need to finish those) -it was hilarious!!  

Is Miss the Dragon a historical or modern drama? 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

39 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Is Miss the Dragon a historical or modern drama? 

Period drama and fantasy. There's a silver dragon. :) A lot of what is shown would remind of 3L3W, but it is its own unique story, as of the latest released Ep10 that I've seen. 

39 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Awww you dont think she took her on races through the meadows? 

Can't tell, but maybe she brought the niece there to have a run. BQ became very subdued after Mo Yuan died, and became some kind of recluse since she was avoiding her seniors.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Perios drama and fantasy. There's a silver dragon. :) A lot of what is shown would remind of 3L3W, but it is its own unique story, as of the latest released Ep10 that I've seen. 

Can't tell, but maybe she brought the niece there to have a run. BQ became very subdued after Mo Yuan died, and became some kind of recluse since she was avoiding her seniors.

Because she kinda stole her teacher's body.... that was why she avoided them plus they really didn't know she was Bai Qian. They really thought she was a male and that his name is Si Yin. Mo Yuan knows the truth of course. He can see through the illusive spell her mother cast on her.

I totally ship the illustration Mo Yuan with Shao Wan. What a beautiful couple. Can you imagine how he lived on for 260,000 years without her? There is a hint given to us in Back to Chaos in Chapter 8. The period of the 7 Lords lasted 260,000 years. So it is clear that at the end of those years, their ancestor returned. Of course this time she will find out that Mo Yuan actually has a younger brother that looks exactly like him... LOL

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

19 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I totally ship the illustration Mo Yuan with Shao Wan. What a beautiful couple.

Can you post? :wub:

20 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Of course this time she will find out that Mo Yuam actually has a younger brother that looks exactly like him... LOL

She'll be mad there's two of them. Then she'll diss Mo Yuan why the younger one got married and has a son ahead of him. LOL! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Can you post? :wub:

She'll be mad there's two of them. Then she'll diss Mo Yuan why the younger one got married and has a son ahead of him. LOL! 

I can so see that. Her tongue is as razor sharp as Dong Hua as well. Now we see why they make good friends. Dissing each other all day long.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I can so see that. Her tongue is as razor sharp as Dong Hua as well. Now we see why they make good friends. Dissing each other all day long

LOL, Grandpa will not be spared of her dissing. She'll probably diss him about marrying so late coz there's no one else who can be his wife, LOL, and then another dissing that he's so old and he's only got one kid to show, hahaha!

But Grandpa will neatly clap back that his wife and son are both the one and only in Ba Huang Liu He, and that he is the most fortunate because he's so pampered with wife's excellent cooking, he's getting toothache from all the sweets that are his alone. ;)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, Grandpa will not be spared of her dissing. She'll probably diss him about marrying so late coz there's no one else who can be his wife, LOL, and then another dissing that he's so old and he's only got one kid to show, hahaha!

But Grandpa will neatly clap back that his wife and son are both the one and only in Ba Huang Liu He, and that he is the most fortunate because he's so pampered with wife's excellent cooking, he's getting toothache from all the sweets that are his alone. ;)

HAHAHAHA! He will most likely say he's got the one and only red-nine tailed and silver nine tailed foxes as his wife and child hehe. I am not sure about Mo Yuan's cooking LOL!

You know the illustration of Mo Yuan comforting a hearbroken Bai Qian? He looked like a Dad comforting a daughter, and that's exactly what that relationship was. People kept saying romantic love but it's not.

Also Tang Qi answerred a fan who asked about a particular scene:

Q5. I know Mo Yuan and Shao Wan are a pair, but why did Mo Yuan react that way when he heard that Bai Qian is getting married in Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms? It’s not just me but their names really… match well… (although I still ship Mo Yuan & Shao Wan CP!)

A: This is plot content and will be written later.

So there is something behind that reaction. And unrelated to romance. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1