[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 hours ago, Ninky said:

Aiming to post Chapter 8 tomorrow! Will work harder hahaha!

Cool!

Sorry to be away. Storms knocked out the broadband at home for the last couple of days.  

I noticed there were some new additions to the blog Id overlooked -the poem is cool too!

Question I saw someone asking if the Out-takes and One Shots were from the Pillow Book special editions which was suppose to contain an additional chapters.  Was the back from chaos included in that edition? I wasnt sure so I figured I d check here. (I think the comment is either under  out-take 1 ideal father or court one.

On 5/4/2021 at 10:41 AM, Ninky said:

They all lost their heads to the Cang He!!!

they deserved it!  Attacking during his Wedding  AND using a weapon meant to cause debilitating pain for a painful death?   Cang He was what they deserved it!!

Question, I was re-looking thru the fan things section of blog and I saw the diagram of family dynmaics - I spotted a typo (Gun-Gun and Lian Song section is also labled as being Bai Qian)  but it made me wonder - what did they decide to have A'Li call Mo Yuan?  grandmaster since he was Bai Qian's master or uncle from Ye Hua's side?

We had a mild tornado touch down but not on my side of the city.  technically it wasnt even really in the city of Atlanta but  there is a lot of surrounding area that get counted as being part of Atlanta.

• Like 4

On 5/4/2021 at 1:03 AM, Ninky said:

In reply to the dig at Lian Song...

You know what this means? see below!

From ELOD BLOG - 3L3W Q & A 1

Q9. Between Bai Qian, Feng Jiu, Cheng Yu and Shao Wan, who is the most beautiful!!

A: Before the awakening of the goddesses from the Era of Great Desolation, the publicly accepted consensus is Bai Qian, followed by Feng Jiu, followed by Xie Hua Lou. After Zhu Ti, Shao Wan and Xie Ming awaken, the beauty ranking chart will cease to exist in the 8 realms.

-> This means after the ancients awaken, it will be impossible to name a beauty. Besides all their husbands (except Xie Ming at this point) will insist their wives are the most beautiful so I guess that chart will definitely cease to exist.

----

Q10. Sister Qi, with the complicated mess of seniority between Gun Gun and A-Li, how do they refer to each other?

A: If Gun Gun follows Feng Jiu’s side of the family, he would be referring to everyone in Qing Qiu as his senior. Di Jun is still senior regardless, it’s just like when an Emperor marries the Empress, you can’t be expecting the Empress’s father to call the Emperor simply as son-in-law.

-> Hahaha! Di Jun is still senior regardless!

He is definitely Senior to them.  Id like to know how it is for the Fox King and Queen since they are also peers of DiJinn.

I do like it that the solution is to get rid of the beauty chart! (safer than having Shao Wen wreck revenge on anyone who tried to set the ladies against each other!). 

I want to see some fan Art of Zu Ti and Shao Wen brushing/petting BGG and FJ while DH and LS are watching from a short distance. 

Fun fact - this Q/A showed up on a search when I was looking for some ELOD answers and is how I ended up finding the blog and then this forum. :)

Too bad Father God never got a chance to see grandchildren!  A'Li is technically grandson too, since Ye Hua is Mo Yuan's twin.  - Haha!  Just think of adding in that complication to the statuses!

I want to see the deluded fool(s) who try to go against this group.

I wonder what Shao Wen will do for fun in this much more peaceful time? 

Couldnt BQ sit in on some of those meetings to have more time with YH? I mean she was Queen for some millenum and she was did study under MY himself.  -No reason she has to be limited to what the more sheltered consorts stuck to -right?

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, Romulan said:

Rearrange Mt Zhang Wei, to the annual delight or horror of Feng Xing, fix Kunlun, and lead the the Southern Realm once more. ^_^

She'll also catch up with her besties and their family. Not only that, I'd imagine that she and Zu Ti will want to see around the mortal realm - they sacrificed for the humans so much and will want to see the result of that sacrifice. 

Take care there @Romulan.

• Wiggle 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:03 AM, Ninky said:

There will be other fox cubs. I will not be writing Di Jun fading in the Three Lives Three World series in my lifetime. They can continue living happily together.

Why do I feel like fj and dh are going to have a football team of kids?

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

Also I feel like she might start up another immortal school like moyuans father once did in the past for the first generation of immortals. 

• Blob 2

6 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Why do I feel like fj and dh are going to have a football team of kids?

Also I feel like she might start up another immortal school like moyuans father once did in the past for the first generation of immortals. 

@Bai Gun Gun

Nah Tang Qi said there will be TWO fox cubs. And she said Cub no 2 is likely to be a girl. I simply CANNOT imagine which man in their right minds would dare take the girly cub for a future wife. Good luck! 

Which lucky man wants to face the Cang He? 

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Rearrange Mt Zhang Wei, to the annual delight or horror of Feng Xing, fix Kunlun, and lead the the Southern Realm once more. ^_^

HAHAHAH! Not sure if Feng Xing knew how much Fei Wei had admired him.

She'll also catch up with her besties and their family. Not only that, I'd imagine that she and Zu Ti will want to see around the mortal realm - they sacrificed for the humans so much and will want to see the result of that sacrifice. 

We will probably see Cub No 2 by then!. (I'm sure you know which couple I am talking about... the one who frequently does remedial lessons?)

Yeah, she and Zu Ti can catch up. Zu Ti will probably talk about her experience as Cheng Yu as she did live for a long time as a mortal over several lifetimes.

P.S 

Naughty Snippet this time:

"The young maiden raised her head, blankly looking into the lowered eyes of the young man who was gazing deeply at her. When he forced her to face him directly with his right palm holding onto the back of her head, she finally reacted, When his body stiffened and shuddered earlier on, it really wasn’t because of the pain."

Ahem! something to look forward too eh? I purposely used this as a snippet as it wasn't quite as racy as some of the other paragraphs!

• LOL 3

35 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Nah Tang Qi said there will be TWO fox cubs. And she said Cub no 2 is likely to be a girl. I simply CANNOT imagine which man in their right minds would dare take the girly cub for a future wife. Good luck! 

Ain't that funny, a very long bet that will make the winner very rich - but it should be which father's almost spinster daughter gets to marry first. Or should it be last? :tounge_xd: Daughter of Dong Hua, Mo Yuan, Lian Song, Ye Hua, Xiao Yan, or Xie Guchou? 

Oh well, it would be a man madly in love enough to brave Cang'he. And Bai Yi, LOL!

35 minutes ago, Ninky said:

We will probably see Cub No 2 by then!. (I'm sure you know which couple I am talking about... the one who frequently does remedial lessons?)

Sigh, another very rich long bet, hahaha! On whether it would be a girl, or boy, silver hair, black hair, whether it will also be a nine-tailed fox or not, and fur colour. 

34 minutes ago, Ninky said:

HAHAHAH! Not sure if Feng Xing knew how much Fei Wei had admired him.

Fei Wei was crying for some change after seeing the same thing for thousands of years, LOL! 

• Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Romulan said:

Cool!

Sorry to be away. Storms knocked out the broadband at home for the last couple of days.  

I noticed there were some new additions to the blog Id overlooked -the poem is cool too!

Question I saw someone asking if the Out-takes and One Shots were from the Pillow Book special editions which was suppose to contain an additional chapters.  Was the back from chaos included in that edition? I wasnt sure so I figured I d check here. (I think the comment is either under  out-take 1 ideal father or court one.

they deserved it!  Attacking during his Wedding  AND using a weapon meant to cause debilitating pain for a painful death?   Cang He was what they deserved it!!

Question, I was re-looking thru the fan things section of blog and I saw the diagram of family dynmaics - I spotted a typo (Gun-Gun and Lian Song section is also labled as being Bai Qian)  but it made me wonder - what did they decide to have A'Li call Mo Yuan?  grandmaster since he was Bai Qian's master or uncle from Ye Hua's side?

We had a mild tornado touch down but not on my side of the city.  technically it wasnt even really in the city of Atlanta but  there is a lot of surrounding area that get counted as being part of Atlanta.

Technically Mo Yuan is A- Li's paternal uncle as it is recognised by the entire 4 Seas and 8 Realms that Mo Yuan is Ye Hua's twin. Everyone knew they were brothers. That was the reason why Mo Yuan went to receive the bride by the Wang Sheng Sea in Qing Qiu. In their universe, the groom's brother does this if they have one. So A- Li would call Mo Yuan "父叔" (Elder uncle).

For the record, Mo Yuan was joining in the gossip about the failed Cang Yi marriage as he was the designated marriage officiator for that face losing event.

Some of the oneshots were recent and they were posted on her public channel called "Tang Qi's Wonderland" on Wechat. We have included the links to where they orginate on the bottom of each one shot, I believe.

And meh to that mild tornado. Hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ninky said:

Technically Mo Yuan is A- Li's paternal uncle as it is recognised by the entire 4 Seas and 8 Realms that Mo Yuan is Ye Hua's twin. Everyone knew they were brothers. That was the reason why Mo Yuan went to receive the bride by the Wang Sheng Sea in Qing Qiu. In their universe, the groom's brother does this if they have one. So A- Li would call Mo Yuan "父叔" (Elder uncle).

For the record, Mo Yuan was joining in the gossip about the failed Cang Yi marriage as he was the designated marriage officiator for that face losing event.

Some of the oneshots were recent and they were posted on her public channel called "Tang Qi's Wonderland" on Wechat. We have included the links to where they orginate on the bottom of each one shot, I believe.

And meh to that mild tornado. Hope everyone is safe and well.

Right.  Cool. Im glad Mo Yuan gets to enjoy being an Uncle too. I wonder what the consort and 1st prince think of that reveal? 

:) I do love some of those one shots -esepecially how Si Ming keeps getting put in those difficult situtations!

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Ain't that funny, a very long bet that will make the winner very rich - but it should be which father's almost spinster daughter gets to marry first. Or should it be last? :tounge_xd: Daughter of Dong Hua, Mo Yuan, Lian Song, Ye Hua, Xiao Yan, or Xie Guchou? 

Oh well, it would be a man madly in love enough to brave Cang'he. And Bai Yi, LOL!

Sigh, another very rich long bet, hahaha! On whether it would be a girl, or boy, silver hair, black hair, whether it will also be a nine-tailed fox or not, and fur colour. 

Fei Wei was crying for some change after seeing the same thing for thousands of years, LOL! 

@MayanEcho  Dont worry its all back to sunny weather here now. Its the South, we are use to unexpected severed weather -might be a tornado, a hurricane -etc.  This summer should be the year for cicadas to show up too.  

Lol.  that is a very long bet/pool.    

I think that DH and FJ can only have 9 tailed kids since DH doesnt have a second form -just coloring can be his silver or  FJ's red.  It would be neat if the daughter is also a red 9 tail that looks like her mother!

Bai Qian and Ye Hua's 2nd child I think is suppose to be a girl and will be a fox cub too.  (oh my potential besties, and Shao Wan wanting time with them!)

Bai Qian and Ye Hua's kids can be the following combos if I understand it right: Black dragon (like Ye Hua -A'Li is this because Bai Qian was mortal at the time) , White 9 tailed (like Bai Qian),  black 9 tailed (same way that FJ inherited her mother's fur color but her dad's 9 tails), which means technically, there could be a white dragon too.)

So Shao Wan, and Mo Yuan can have: White Phoenix (SW), Black Dragon(MY), or possibly Black Phoenix, or White Dragon?

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

38 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Right.  Cool. Im glad Mo Yuan gets to enjoy being an Uncle too. I wonder what the consort and 1st prince think of that reveal? 

:) I do love some of those one shots -esepecially how Si Ming keeps getting put in those difficult situtations!

@MayanEcho  Dont worry its all back to sunny weather here now. Its the South, we are use to unexpected severed weather -might be a tornado, a hurricane -etc.  This summer should be the year for cicadas to show up too.  

Lol.  that is a very long bet/pool.    

I think that DH and FJ can only have 9 tailed kids since DH doesnt have a second form -just coloring can be his silver or  FJ's red.  It would be neat if the daughter is also a red 9 tail that looks like her mother!

Bai Qian and Ye Hua's 2nd child I think is suppose to be a girl and will be a fox cub too.  (oh my potential besties, and Shao Wan wanting time with them!)

Bai Qian and Ye Hua's kids can be the following combos if I understand it right: Black dragon (like Ye Hua -A'Li is this because Bai Qian was mortal at the time) , White 9 tailed (like Bai Qian),  black 9 tailed (same way that FJ inherited her mother's fur color but her dad's 9 tails), which means technically, there could be a white dragon too.)

So Shao Wan, and Mo Yuan can have: White Phoenix (SW), Black Dragon(MY), or possibly Black Phoenix, or White Dragon?

Yeah depends on which genetic pool. The nine tailed gene is very strong, according to Tang Qi, if Bai Qian had been immortal at the time of A-Li's birth, he would have taken the 9 tailed fox form and most likely an arctic one. 

I still think the second fox cub from Dong Hua and Feng Jiu will also be a silver nine-tailed fox. The silver is a very strong gene from the Father.

Feng Jiu in the outtake has 0 cultivation. And it is a temporary thing to lose her cultivation as per Bai Gun Gun in Chapter 3. Once she is able to recultivate it, Di Jun will strongly advice her to do so. An immortal without cultivation is very dangerous. For one thing, she will definitely have to go through her High Immortal and her High Goddess trails over the next 110,000 years.

And if her cultivation is 0, it is unlikely she will be having another child until her cultivation returns to some extent. Nine tailed foxes have difficult births and having 0 cultivation isn't a good idea.

Snippet No 2 from Chapter 8 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

P.S.

“Defeat?” Di Jun answered him as he opened the door, “You must be joking, this word does not exist in my dictionary."

LOL @ Di Jun

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Yeah depends on which genetic pool. The nine tailed gene is very strong, according to Tang Qi, if Bai Qian had been immortal at the time of A-Li's birth, he would have taken the 9 tailed fox form and most likely an arctic one. 

I still think the second fox cub from Dong Hua and Feng Jiu will also be a silver nine-tailed fox. The silver is a very strong gene from the Father.

Feng Jiu in the outtake has 0 cultivation. And it is a temporary thing to lose her cultivation as per Bai Gun Gun in Chapter 3. Once she is able to recultivate it, Di Jun will strongly advice her to do so. An immortal without cultivation is very dangerous. For one thing, she will definitely have to go through her High Immortal and her High Goddess trails over the next 110,000 years.

And if her cultivation is 0, it is unlikely she will be having another child until her cultivation returns to some extent. Nine tailed foxes have difficult births and having 0 cultivation isn't a good idea.

Snippet No 2 from Chapter 8 Back to Chaos in a Dream:

P.S.

“Defeat?” Di Jun answered him as he opened the door, “You must be joking, this word does not exist in my dictionary."

LOL @ Di Jun

Definitely! Plus she doesnt want to be helpless, so I think she will be more motivated to work on her cultivation and Im sure DJ will be willing to give her tutoring sessions on that!  I do think its neat how she likes designing and making weapons. -I think she and DJ might plot some good ones. 

Yea. I keep thinking of the 36 months of guaranteed difficult pregnancy!  Is a 9 tailed worse than a mortal having an immortal child?  I know in that one A'Li short that I read on another site (Im hoping to see it on blog somepoint), that she ends up sleeping alot with the second child who is more active.

@Ninky cant wait for that next chapter! 

Asian dramas have set the bar high for any potential spouses! :p

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Snippet No 3:

"An electric current turned around High God Zhe Yan’s mind, and he understood everything in an instant. After everything became clear to him, High God Zhe Yan felt that the many days he had spent worrying about this matter had been fed to the dogs."

Hahahahaha!

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

LMAO, his other version of "what's that, never heard of it."

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

Asian dramas have set the bar high for any potential spouses! :p

It teaches to be patient IMO, not just settle to the first one who came along, for the sake of being in a relationship. ^_^

• Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LMAO, his other version of "what's that, never heard of it."

It teaches to be patient IMO, not just settle to the first one who came along, for the sake of being in a relationship. ^_^

Lol. I learned that one early on observing the adults in my life and reading lots of biographies.  I might be still single and almost finishing 4 decades but thats ok.   How long did DH or MY have to wait? :p

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Romulan said:

Lol. I learned that one early on observing the adults in my life and reading lots of biographies.  I might be still single and almost finishing 4 decades but thats ok.   How long did DH or MY have to wait? :p

Oh my gosh, same here => I even have a relative whose grandmother demanded her to separate from her husband a day after the wedding coz a former gf of the groom came forward claiming she's pregnant. The bride was also pregnant. They reconciled after more than 10 years of separation.

And it's OK to be single, in fact much better, than to be in relationship that causes misery. Pretty sure most of us here have already lent a shoulder or ear to friends in that situation.

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Have anyone of you tried the soup, Buddha Jumps over the Wall? It's a real dish. I have actually tried it. Feng Jiu can make it hahahaha! It's a very expensive dish btw!

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Have anyone of you tried the soup, Buddha Jumps over the Wall? It's a real dish. I have actually tried it. Feng Jiu can make it hahahaha! It's a very expensive dish btw!

What's it made of? How does it taste? :D

Edit: Woah, 9 hours to make?

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What's it made of? How does it taste? :D

Edit: Woah, 9 hours to make?

It's a double boiled soup. With very expensive ingredients like abalone, dried scallops, chinese medicinal herbs and deer sinews. And yes double boiling takes longer than the usual boiling. You put the stuff in one clay urn with the liquids and then you put it inside a larger urn with boiling water. 

https://www.wokandkin.com/buddha-jumps-over-the-wall-soup/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha_Jumps_Over_the_Wall

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It's a double boiled soup. With very expensive ingredients like abalone, dried scallops, chinese medicinal herbs and deer sinews. And yes double boiling takes longer than the usual boiling. You put the stuff in one clay urn with the liquids and then you put it inside a larger urn with boiling water. 

https://www.wokandkin.com/buddha-jumps-over-the-wall-soup/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha_Jumps_Over_the_Wall

Tsk. Poor Fei Wei. How will he make this now for his master after Di Hou leaves? :phew:

I saw the ingredients in the link...that chicken has to be black chicken? Where to get deer sinews. Will goat's or lamb's do? :sweatingbullets: I don't think it's something I can make, since I don't eat pork.

• Awesome 1

Just for a laugh Tang Qi deliberately gave this Immortal Lord, who wrote the Articles of impeachment with Di Jun's help, with such a name:- 

多议神君 Immortal Lord Duo Yi 

It literally means Immortal Lord Talk a Lot! 

or Immortal Lord of Many Opinons. 

HAHAHAHAHA!

24 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Tsk. Poor Fei Wei. How will he make this now for his master after Di Hou leaves? :phew:

I saw the ingredients in the link...that chicken has to be black chicken? Where to get deer sinews. Will goat's or lamb's do? :sweatingbullets: I don't think it's something I can make, since I don't eat pork.

Deer is venison so it's not pork. It's closer to beef. But I am sure you can use lamb. And don't worry, that master is the original master who had no clue about his future wife and son. The one that was there is the one from the future, and he will remember everything he did with his wife and son back in the Age of Chaos.

And btw, I am not sure if they ate anything she cooked in the end as they were engaged in something else altogether.

• LOL 3