[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Just wondering,  is there a story - timeline floating out there somewhere--with the years?  I just remember when I read the book, I got confused. Knowing that FJ's love spanned over 2000 years and with reincarnation,  shadows, etc.. different people...it got all boggle up.

And now re-reading the story, just the first couple of pages, they mentioned series of years just within the first chapter.

Is there already someone dedicated to complete the timeline?  If so, can you shoot it my way....totally appreciate it. :blush::blush:

From watching the trailer, they included a lot of scenes from the book, so their storyline will be a lot better and sweeter! Looking at the CGI, it's going to be way better than the CGI in TMOPB, and Dilireba & Vengo's visuals are outstanding! Let the drama come out already! :bawling:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Mysterious Blossoms said:

Can someone help with the scenes description in the trailer ?

Actually I have just read pillow book-1 and I can't seem to recognize the moments in the trailer.

Or is it that the trailer actually has most of the scenes from pillow book-2 and not 1?

Yeah most of the scenes are definitely from book 2 :sweatingbullets:
From book 1 is definitely the handkerchief scene and the part where Donghua gives Fengjiu his outer coat I guess, but other than that most of the rest is from the second book.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mundane9 said:

Rumor has it that Tencent will release Pillow Book 70 days upon the release of the trailer. If that is true, that would push the premier date to Jan 8th of 2020, and not anytime Nov or Dec of 2019. Crappppp!!!!!

hmm..i don't think it's true though, or at least i hope so. The new regulations stated that a drama can't release a trailer way ahead it's premiere date, to avoid doing too much publicity. Let's take Love and destiny's case..the trailer appeared 1 month before the actual airing date. The problem would be that Pillow book is an idol drama, so it can't air during this period, when the ban is still active. But, considering it will be exclusively a web drama and we already have a proper trailer, i honestly think the airing date it's not so far. And even if the airing date is in January, 2 more months of waiting in comparison to the already 11 months of waiting, doesn't seem so much :blush:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rapo65 said:

hmm..i don't think it's true though, or at least i hope so. The new regulations stated that a drama can't release a trailer way ahead it's premiere date, to avoid doing too much publicity. Let's take Love and destiny's case..the trailer appeared 1 month before the actual airing date. The problem would be that Pillow book is an idol drama, so it can't air during this period, when the ban is still active. But, considering it will be exclusively a web drama and we already have a proper trailer, i honestly think the airing date it's not so far. And even if the airing date is in January, 2 more months of waiting in comparison to the already 11 months of waiting, doesn't seem so much :blush:

I hope so too - it's been a 2 year wait - literally.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:37 AM, mundane9 said:

Rumor has it that Tencent will release Pillow Book 70 days upon the release of the trailer. If that is true, that would push the premier date to Jan 8th of 2020, and not anytime Nov or Dec of 2019. Crappppp!!!!!

Even if this is true, I'd rather know that it WILL air in January 2020 over rumours that it MIGHT air in Nov or Dec 2019. But I know how you feel. Why Jan and not sooner?! :bawling:

But this is still another rumour. There's no official airdate yet. I mean, if there is, we are gonna be ..... like screaming, and yelling, and screaming, and crying, etc. :lol:

So it MIGHT still air in Nov or Dec. Keeping my fingers crossed :P

On 11/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, Mysterious Blossoms said:

Can someone help with the scenes description in the trailer ?

Actually I have just read pillow book-1 and I can't seem to recognize the moments in the trailer.

Or is it that the trailer actually has most of the scenes from pillow book-2 and not 1?

I found this on YouTube. I think the uploader got most of the scenes right.

Credit to uploader

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pawla said:

I found this on YouTube. I think the uploader got most of the scenes right.

Credit to uploader

Wow...thanks for posting this here.

I can now understand most of the scenes.

Based on the analysis, I just have a confusion ( it's solely because I haven't gone through book-2 ):

Wasn't Miao Luo dead in book-1? How come Fengjiu fights with Miao Luo wearing the Donghua's given crystal ring? Doesn't Donghua give the ring in book-2? I think, Jiheng is the main villain, isn't she?

I just happened to realize that I am really fortunate that I came across the show 'Eternal love' and so the DongFeng couple just a month ago. Considering the fact that the show was released on 2017 and we are at the end of 2019 now, the wait would have been tough. I feel obsessed already and had I come across DongFeng earlier, to this day I would have been a severe insomniac person.

I salute to all the DongFeng shippers who could wait all this while. Maybe I shouldn't now consider the upcoming 2 months wait long.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Mysterious Blossoms said:

I just happened to realize that I am really fortunate that I came across the show 'Eternal love' and so the DongFeng couple just a month ago. Considering the fact that the show was released on 2017 and we are at the end of 2019 now, the wait would have been tough. I feel obsessed already and had I come across DongFeng earlier, to this day I would have been a severe insomniac person.

I salute to all the DongFeng shippers who could wait all this while. Maybe I shouldn't now consider the upcoming 2 months wait long.

Welcome to the family! Yes, you really are fortunate...sometimes i wish i could erase my memory, so i could watch again the drama and read the novel and be fascinated like i was at the beggining :joy: i have watched the drama for the first time in june 2017, and i have read the novel 4 times already, the first time last year..trust me, the wait is killing me :confounded::persevere: buuut, the fact that we now have the trailer makes the waiting much easier. What can i say, the time really flies away soo quickly...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, Mysterious Blossoms said:

Wow...thanks for posting this here.

I can now understand most of the scenes.

Based on the analysis, I just have a confusion ( it's solely because I haven't gone through book-2 ):

Wasn't Miao Luo dead in book-1? How come Fengjiu fights with Miao Luo wearing the Donghua's given crystal ring? Doesn't Donghua give the ring in book-2? I think, Jiheng is the main villain, isn't she?

Miao Luo is a manifestation of the Hui ming realm, its a neverending cycle I guess since its a toxins from 3 wordly sins~

This is from book 1 ch 8

"Starting from more than two millennia ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Sphere had never been at peace. Every ten years Dijun used the lecture at Fanyin Valley as a pretext to come and purify the three toxins inside the Huiming Realm."

"Not many knew of the Huiming Realm's existence other than ancient deities of prehistoric times. Despite bearing a Buddhist name, it was not a benevolent place in the least. From the three worldly sins of greed, ignorance, and discontentment arose wars and potential extinction. To protect the Mortal Realm, Donghua created another world in seven nights to absorb the excess toxins which the Mortal Realm could not withstand. This world was the Huiming Realm. Tens of thousands of years passed by fleetingly. Owing to the Huiming Realm acting as a giant urn to contain the toxins, Heaven and Earth remained in peace. Even so, if one day the Miaoyi Huiming Realm were to collapse, it'd be the end of the world as they knew it."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mysterious Blossoms said:

Hello!.. Welcome to DongFeng family!..*wave*

Frankly..talks about..waiting..waiting since 2018 ( registered as member on 25th July 2018 my first post ever on 28th July at page 20...before that I'm just a lurker..lol)...and here we're 2019 still waiting ....2020 hopefully with God's grace and Heaven's will..our wishing for "this very loooong wait drama"... will come true..

It's guite depressing but bearable.. since every members of this forum was really Fun , Nice , open-minded and very knowledgeable peoples...it's make this lively Forum become a "Happy place" for DongFeng lovers.

13 hours ago, rapo65 said:

:persevere: buuut, the fact that we now have the trailer makes the waiting much easier. What can i say, the time really flies away soo quickly...

Babe..the fact we have seen the teaser/trailer..somehow make me more impatient than ever..I want some more of PB trailer or more accurately DongFeng trailer :lol:.... there's no way the trailer with just 1:35min can quench my thirsts ...too short for 60 episode :joy:...Hopefully the Productions will dropped another trailer...

6 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

Oh my gosh! I love the tone of this still!! I hope the whole drama can look like this lol
Wow, never realized this before but I feel like the styling makes Lian Song look younger here
AAhhh he looks great! so excited!!

Ditto..couldn't agree more..

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Miao Luo is a manifestation of the Hui ming realm, its a neverending cycle I guess since its a toxins from 3 wordly sins~

This is from book 1 ch 8

"Starting from more than two millennia ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Sphere had never been at peace. Every ten years Dijun used the lecture at Fanyin Valley as a pretext to come and purify the three toxins inside the Huiming Realm."

"Not many knew of the Huiming Realm's existence other than ancient deities of prehistoric times. Despite bearing a Buddhist name, it was not a benevolent place in the least. From the three worldly sins of greed, ignorance, and discontentment arose wars and potential extinction. To protect the Mortal Realm, Donghua created another world in seven nights to absorb the excess toxins which the Mortal Realm could not withstand. This world was the Huiming Realm. Tens of thousands of years passed by fleetingly. Owing to the Huiming Realm acting as a giant urn to contain the toxins, Heaven and Earth remained in peace. Even so, if one day the Miaoyi Huiming Realm were to collapse, it'd be the end of the world as they knew it."

Donghua Created Huiming Realm to absorb the excess toxins of 3 worldly sins... Greed, Ignorance and Discontentment.

Don't know why I'm so sad about the fact that Donghua Dijun cares so much about mankind's especially mortal realm..and yet despite all of that....he is known as Emotionless , Desireless Loveless.

Not fair..not fair at all

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Hello!.. Welcome to DongFeng family!..*wave*

Frankly..talks about..waiting..waiting since 2018 ( registered as member on 25th July 2018 my first post ever on 28th July at page 20...before that I'm just a lurker..lol)...and here we're 2019 still waiting ....2020 hopefully with God's grace and Heaven's will..our wishing for "this very loooong wait drama"... will come true..

It's guite depressing but bearable.. since every members of this forum was really Fun , Nice , open-minded and very knowledgeable peoples...it's make this lively Forum become a "Happy place" for DongFeng lovers.

Thanks for the welcome.

Though it has not been much since I started lurking (of course) in this forum, I can breathe the air of fun and really interactive as well as creative ideas. I feel familiar already. I am now loving the suspense.

Epitome of patience as I would like to call the DongFeng shippers, we are really great:sweatingbullets:

• Love 2

5 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Don't know why I'm so sad about the fact that Donghua Dijun cares so much about mankind's especially mortal realm..and yet despite all of that....he is known as Emotionless , Desireless Loveless.

Not fair..not fair at all

I guess it's fun when the emotionless, desireless and loveless man starts showing signs of emotion, desire and love. I feel that's the entire theme of DongFeng love story- how the enthusiastic and bubbly Fengjiu melts the icefaced Donghua Dijun's heart.

About him being caring yet being called emotionless, I think as a then ruler of the worlds, he views it as duty and responsibility but has no actual attachment to any person except Fengjiu. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1