[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Khue N said:

Tell me about it. A student in my school got covid and still goes to school. And what's scary is that the student already know they have covid. Infected almost everyone and the school is shutdown for me. The student is now planning to sue the school for irresponsible behavior. Sigh...the student not winning the case so far.

Luckily I'm online and lately I have been reading the Back to Chaos! And oh gosh it is good. Thank you so much for translating! Can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Reading it in Vietnamese is enjoyable but a little hard at the same haha

Yikes! At least you're safe if you're online? That student... there are no words. Smh. 

• Like 1

Although I would say the incident is the parent's fault. Because they should not even have let the child go to school. 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Am amused that while Zhe Yan was finding it hard to tell Dong Hua why he came to Bihai Cangling, these kids, even if they are shy, can ask him these kinds of questions.

That's terrible! Why would that student still go to school, and now suing the school? Glad for you that you're online and avoided exposure.

What happened when she transformed back to a human form was even funnier, of course.... now i'll just need to finish this and get the girls to edit and I can move on to number FOUR, that's where we see that scene! Three is pretty easy to translate as it's in a child's pov hahahah. He has much simpler thoughts.

Also Tang Qi is very clever, she embedded the fact that the reason Dong Hua didn't immediately recognise BGG as his son at the close of the Pillow Book and in the outtake was because, there were other gods/immortals/demons/monsters that had silver hair. 

• Blob 1

4 hours ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Yikes! At least you're safe if you're online? That student... there are no words. Smh. 

Other students that student infected could have passed it too to other people before they found out they're positive.

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

Although I would say the incident is the parent's fault. Because they should not even have let the child go to school

Unfortunately many would still disregard safety measures, some don't even believe that there's a pandemic going on.

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

Also Tang Qi is very clever, she embedded the fact that the reason Dong Hua didn't immediately recognise BGG as his son at the close of the Pillow Book and in the outtake was because, there were other gods/immortals/demons/monsters that had silver hair. 

BGG buttered up DH and he sort of melted, even agreed that a son as good-looking as he is can only be fathered by him. :P

Wasn't FJ the acknowledged buttering up prodigy of the Bai family? 

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Actually, reading chapter 5 again; why does Dong Hua like it when Feng Jiu packs his luggage? I don’t get it. Is this like a love language or something?

It's a kind of pampering, but also the pleasure coming from having a partner who knows you enough that they can correctly anticipate things you like, require, or need. :)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Actually, reading chapter 5 again; why does Dong Hua like it when Feng Jiu packs his luggage? I don’t get it. Is this like a love language or something?

Yes. It demonstrates FJ cares enough to notice DH's likes and dislikes, and she wants to make sure his needs are met. FJ could have easily let someone else do it but she wants to do it herself. On the other hand, DH is showing FJ how much he trust her, by letting her touch his private processions.

This is DH and FJ's love language. It does not mean other couples will feel the same. It really depends on the individuals preference. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Because by doing so she is showing love and care to her hubby. I used to do that for my then boyfriend now husband who frequently flies overseas for work. He loved it for the same reason as Di Jun.

P.s @Meganyou shd read it in Chinese if you can to get the full feels.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pesca said:

Flaunting Covid's rule could get a hefty fine here. 

@Ninkyglad that you are better. Health is more important.

I was better around a week ago. I took an entire week of work the week before that. Thanks everyone for their kind regards.

I really love sharing our translation work. Our blog was a labour of love so we will always update it with such goodies.

After I finish this, we will be working on Lotus Step all remaining chapters. We actually have parts of the rest translated but we will try to get that one done whenever we can spare the time as its also a story we look forward to share with everyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Chapter 6: 

https://anunluckywhitecat.wordpress.com/2021/03/16/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-06/

6 is a li'l on the short side, but chapter 7 in 2-3 days will be lots of funnnnn (wedding!!) 

:highonflowers:

Dong Hua winked and I died happily 

and so Feng Jiu airs out her grievances over her ruined wedding. Shame. She didn’t even get to wear her dress!

And Dong Hua is so caring towards her, and really is defenseless when she uses her nasal tone lol

• Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua winked and I died happily 

and so Feng Jiu airs out her grievances over her ruined wedding. Shame. She didn’t even get to wear her dress!

And Dong Hua is so caring towards her, and really is defenseless when she uses her nasal tone lol

Just a teeny thing: Fei Wei winked not DH. *also, could just mean like he gave her a meaningful glance. 

Yep, he's been treating her really well, did you see his li'l monologue? 

What did she mean ‘so accommodating today,’ on which day wasn’t he accommodating? At the Holy Blue Sea in the past, didn’t he allow her to share his bed every single night? Whichever sleeping position she slept in, she would always burrow into his arms. On which night did he push her away? She was just a heartless little fox who always forgot everything when she woke. 

Yeah, I'm sure that must've been so difficult on you DH... LOL.

• LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Chapter 6: 

https://anunluckywhitecat.wordpress.com/2021/03/16/back-to-chaos-in-a-dream-chapter-06/

6 is a li'l on the short side, but chapter 7 in 2-3 days will be lots of funnnnn (wedding!!) 

:highonflowers:

Wondering if that former general he gave the crystal claw to is already in DH's army. 

Spoiler

“You had gone to save someone, and then after you’d saved that person and were coming back, you encountered a major event that endangered everyone that you needed to take care of, so you missed our wedding ceremony. 

Sighing on this.

Spoiler

He was quiet for a long time. “Didn’t I make it up to you afterwards?”

Love it that he's so very attuned to her.

Spoiler

He looked into her eyes. “Did you really wholeheartedly refuse?”

“Mmm,” gloomily, “Although…” She bit her lip again. “But it would be very strange, so I still didn’t want it.”

Another reason why only she can be his Dihou.

Spoiler

“Actually, if I can be with Dijun, I’m already very content. I’m not really very regretful that our wedding ceremony wasn’t so perfect either.”

Beautiful, clever, a little dull-witted sometimes, but no matter when, always so sensible that she made others’ hearts ache. This was the woman holding his hand that it would only be very, very late in his life before he would meet. His heart trembled slightly, and he couldn’t help but raise his hand to stroke her forehead.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Wondering if that former general he gave the crystal claw to is already in DH's army. 

Hmm, I sorta wondered this too, it's not explicitly mentioned, but chapter 8 does say that DH did have about 20 loyal generals when he helped Moyuan in the war, so who knows, perhaps Menghao really was one of them. 

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Sighing on this.

At least he does in the end. :')

And in such a spectacular way too!

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2

56 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Hmm, I sorta wondered this too, it's not explicitly mentioned, but chapter 8 does say that DH did have about 20 loyal generals when he helped Moyuan in the war, so who knows, perhaps Menghao really was one of them. 

Meng Hao would surely be in other wars with DH if he wasn't in that 700 years war led by Mo Yuan. How sad he would have been though if he lived long enough to know how that claw was used against the one who bestowed it. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Reveal hidden contents

“You had gone to save someone, and then after you’d saved that person and were coming back, you encountered a major event that endangered everyone that you needed to take care of, so you missed our wedding ceremony. 

Sighing on this.

Reveal hidden contents

He was quiet for a long time. “Didn’t I make it up to you afterwards?”

Love it that he's so very attuned to her.

Reveal hidden contents

He looked into her eyes. “Did you really wholeheartedly refuse?”

“Mmm,” gloomily, “Although…” She bit her lip again. “But it would be very strange, so I still didn’t want it.”

Another reason why only she can be his Dihou.

Reveal hidden contents

“Actually, if I can be with Dijun, I’m already very content. I’m not really very regretful that our wedding ceremony wasn’t so perfect either.”

Beautiful, clever, a little dull-witted sometimes, but no matter when, always so sensible that she made others’ hearts ache. This was the woman holding his hand that it would only be very, very late in his life before he would meet. His heart trembled slightly, and he couldn’t help but raise his hand to stroke her forehead.

Although FJ skimmed over the the details, it brought up such negative emotions in me!

FJ is a strong and sensible character. It is great DH is attuned to her needs. 

DH is so literal when it comes to giving out nicknames. No wonder the couple stuck with the name BGG for their son.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

Although FJ skimmed over the the details, it brought up such negative emotions in me!

FJ is a strong and sensible character. It is great DH is attuned to her needs. 

Same here. I could also hear the wistfulness, despite choosing being sensible over having another wedding.

DH would make up though for what they missed the first time!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Same here. I could also hear the wistfulness, despite choosing being sensible over having another wedding.

Yes, I really wish they have that 200 days ceremony. But you are right she is so sensible and no one but her can only be DH's Dihou. I had not realised she didn't even have a chance to wear the beautiful wedding gown.  

I am still mad at JH. She should be reborn as animal instead of human.  

Might I ask what does Gun Gun mean? I have seen people mention both Ali and Gun Gun names are not good but why they are not good? 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2