[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Pesca said:

I don't know why I often see people's post a lot later than when it was posted.

There are some minutes gap before it shows, and there's an even bigger gap when not logged in.

17 minutes ago, Megan said:

Question: why did Dong Hua become emperor? Did he honestly want this job? I can’t imagine him doing this for anybody else’s sake. He can’t be forced into doing things he doesn’t want.

If he became one, then it's a title and responsibility he accepted.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, Megan said:

But why? He doesn’t strike me as the guy interested in ruling...at all...

He subdued his enemies, making him their ruler in essence.

DH if he's real would be what political thinker Niccolo Machiavelli's perfect embodiment of "The Prince". Feared like a lion and wise as a fox.

So, as a prince is forced to know how to act like a beast, he must learn from the fox and the lion; because the lion is defenseless against traps and a fox is defenseless against wolves. Therefore one must be a fox in order to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten off wolves... (The Prince)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In a way. He is feared not just of his fighting skills but of his brains as well. 

But there would always be people fighting him anyway, even if he was the emperor. The likes of Miao Luo and Li Jing’s father would have fought him...so...it’s not like him being emperor really changed that. Even the demon clans were ready to rebel against him.  He could have been like Mo Yuan. A respected god to aid in battles but not an emperor.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

But there would always be people fighting him anyway, even if he was the emperor. The likes of Miao Luo and Li King’s father would have fought him...so...it’s not like him being emperor really changed that. Even the demon clans were ready to rebel against him.  He could have been like Mo Yuan. A respected god to aid in battles but not an emperor.

Book POV Miao Luo was a manifestation of the three toxins of greed, ignorance, and discontentment seeping off from Huiming realm. DH wasn't the ruler anymore when Qing Cang's waged war against celestials who were led by Mo Yuan. Among the Demon Lords, only Xiao Yan was challenging him because of his idiotic views on winning Ji Heng. Xu Yang wanted an alliance with celestials to strengthen his grip to his position, so he then chose DH.

DH has been the master of the universe,  thus earning him the title of Emperor. Mo Yuan became the God of War and he being Fushen's child, had the rights to confer the titles of Dijun to Dong Hua and Bai Zhi.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Among the Demon Lords, only Xiao Yan was challenging him because of his idiotic views on winning Ji Heng. Xu Yang wanted an alliance with celestials to strengthen his grip to his position, so he then chose DH.

I thought Xu Yang was willing to rebel but decided marriage was a better option...

Mo Yuan gave Dong Hua and Bai Zhi their titles????

• Like 1

I thought Xu Yang was willing to rebel but decided marriage was a better option...

The feud between Donghua and Yan Chiwu dated back to 300 years ago. According to legends, it started because of a woman. Of course this legend wasn't widely circulated, and everyone who knew the real story still felt that Donghua was innocent.

That year when the Red Demon Lord Xuyang intended to marry off his younger sister Princess Jiheng to the God Clan, he looked left and right and finally chose Donghua Dijun of Taichen Palace. What he didn’t know was that his sworn brother the Blue Demon Lord Yan Chiwu was already in love with the same renowned beauty of the Demon Realm. However, Jiheng was a romantic. She had always preferred the poignant poetry and sorrowful music of refined gentlemen. Unfortunately for Yan Chiwu, despite possessing one of the most refined names in the entire Southern Realm, he was in reality a boorish brute. Princess Jiheng didn’t care for him at all. She had instead liked her brother’s fine pick much better. There were times when she even praised Donghua in front of Yan Chiwu. Her praises only served to fan Yan Chiwu’s brewing jealousy. Unable to bear placing his anger on the beauty, and without anywhere to vent his frustration, he sent a duel invitation straight to Taichen Palace. (APB1, p74)

Mo Yuan gave Dong Hua and Bai Zhi their titles????

Yes, as the son of Fushen and Mushen, who took over after Pangu, Mo Yuan is the one who confers titles. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yes, as the son of Fushen and Mushen, who took over after Pangu, Mo Yuan is the one who confers titles. 

Is this mentioned in Lotus Step?

Oh yeah. Sorry, I was thinking ELOD instead of the book.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Megan said:

Is this mentioned in Lotus Step?

Oh yeah. Sorry, I was thinking ELOD instead of the book.

It was previously posted by @Ninky, that since Mo Yuan heralded the new era, Age of Far Antiquities, he confers the titles. Refer also to the translated timeline by TQ.

@MoonPrincess Hamster's also mentions blue. Green in the blog though, yet blue also in the autotranslated text of TQ's page 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Megan said:

Question: why did Dong Hua become emperor? Did he honestly want this job? I can’t imagine him doing this for anybody else’s sake. He can’t be forced into doing things he doesn’t want.

My interpretation may be wrong, but I don't think his end goal was to become emperor. 

I imagine in the pre-historical times it was chaotic, to the point that it affected DH's peace.

To get peace he knew the quickest and most efficient way was for him to lead, since most already respected him for his brains and skills.  

When the wars ended, Mo Yan named DH as emperor. Mo Yan probably knew very few would dare to question and challenge DH for the title, so naming DH as the Emperor would reduce the likelihood of another war and DH accepted the title for the same reason.

Let's be realistic, as the Emperor, DH would be less hassled compared to the unpredictability of ongoing wars. At least he can delegate work and hide in his home.  

• Like 6

@MayanEcho and @ChibiLy I second your thoughts on why DH became emperor. At that time it was the most sensible thing to do, because no one in their right mind would dare challenge that decision. 

DH worked himself up and earned the respect of other powerful men (his generals for example) I think Lian Song inadvertently sums it up pretty wel in ELOD and Pillowbook. :) 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MoonPrincess said:

I don't know I'd any had caught this... but isn't YCW the green clan lord?

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@MoonPrincess Hamster's also mentions blue. Green in the blog though, yet blue also in the autotranslated text of TQ's page

If I remember correctly, the color used for his position is 青色, and it's sort of a color somewhere between green and blue, so there's some issues with translating it. I guess it would kind of be like an aqua sort of color?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

7 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

If I remember correctly, the color used for his position is 青色, and it's sort of a color somewhere between green and blue, so there's some issues with translating it. I guess it would kind of be like an aqua sort of color?

Yes, or Cyan. :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

That would make more sense cuz I was confused see in different colors

• Like 2