[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

20 minutes ago, Megan said:

What I find irksome is that he doesn’t tell her when to leave. He told her to choose which day to leave. She could stay for who knows how long. One week, two weeks. Until he reminded her she is exiled.

like if you want her gone, tell her to leave instantly!

I will chalk that to being a gracious host, and as deference to his foster sister's parents who previously sheltered Dong Hua. Whether she had a long or short stay at Tai Chen Palace after the festival was over, in the end Zhi He still left Jiuchongtian to continue the exile.

• Unamused 1

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Hey; do you think if Jiheng hadn’t been in Fanyin Valley, would Xiaoyan have stayed there with Feng Jiu anyway?

Nah, I'd say definitely not. The entire reason Xiao Yan stays in Fanyin Valley is to be closer to Jiheng; he even stays there after Fengjiu and Donghua leaves. Also, Fengjiu at one point even thinks to herself: "Warrior Xiao Yan was a free spirit who did not like constraints. He probably wouldn’t be able to stomach the strict school rules. She was afraid he might not be able to tolerate it, he might even prefer the water prison over the punishment of books and pens" (APB). And particularly because we also know that "it was common knowledge that Fanyin Valley was difficult to enter yet rather easy to leave," (APB) and can probably assume that Yan Chiwu has enough cultivation to leave even when the valley is closed, it's more than likely that Jiheng is the reason he stayed. 

Also, as loyal as he is to Fengjiu after everything (at least after the events of the book), I doubt he would have been quite that loyal and stayed in Fanyin Valley to be with her (FJ) at the outset, just because he didn't actually know who she was or anything about her. I think maybe he would have brought her out of the valley with him, if it didn't cost him extra cultivation or anything, but that would probably have been it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

Happy new year! Let’s hope for ELOD deleted scenes and manhua!

Here is a fanfic idea, what do you think would happen if Gun Gun and Dong Hua switched bodies? Gun Gun immediately tries to take advantage and hog Feng Jiu to himself, because yay he can sleep with mommy again. How would Dong Hua respond to the situation?

• LOL 1

Rewatching the scene where Zhihe asks Dong Hua’s help in getting back to ninth Sky. She goes on about missing him (ha! More like missing her prestigious position) and before she could ask if he missed her, he interrupts and tries to direct her to the Sky lord. I wonder what his reply would have been if she asked if he missed her, because I sincerely doubt that.

anyway, you know the scene when Song Xuanren dies. There are these Chinese characters onscreen that I thought might be lyrics to the song but I don’t think that is the case anymore. Does anyone know?

1 hour ago, Megan said:

There are these Chinese characters onscreen that I thought might be lyrics to the song but I don’t think that is the case anymore.

"Song Xuan Ren died of depression. Several years later, Nie Chuyin led his troops and attacked the state of Chengyu, and finally took the national treasure, Lingbi Stone." 

ELOD Ep21,WeTV

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

"Song Xuan Ren died of depression. Several years later, Nie Chuyin led his troops and attacked the state of Chengyu, and finally took the national treasure, Lingbi Stone." 

ELOD Ep21,WeTV

Thank you. Huh...I honestly thought Nie Chuyin would just take the stone by magically appearing in the treasure chamber and then vanishing...

this is why the celestials should have recovered it first, especially considering how demons were targeting it!

Hello again. I believe I have asked this question before but plz humour me, would Dong Hua have done a Shen Ye and basically abandon his duties to the world just to resurrect the love of his life?

Let’s review the stuff we’ve seen so far.

basically both Shen Ye and Xuanren planned to die rather than live and do their duty once their beloved was dead.

Dong Hua is expected to save the world, but there are other deities present who can also face the danger. Case in point Mo Yuan, who is as strong as Dong Hua, and possibly as smart?

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello again. I believe I have asked this question before but plz humour me, would Dong Hua have done a Shen Ye and basically abandon his duties to the world just to resurrect the love of his life?

Let’s review the stuff we’ve seen so far.

basically both Shen Ye and Xuanren planned to die rather than live and do their duty once their beloved was dead.

Dong Hua is expected to save the world, but there are other deities present who can also face the danger. Case in point Mo Yuan, who is as strong as Dong Hua, and possibly as smart?

The answer has been posted before by @Ninky. This is also in the blog Q&A.

On 5/6/2020 at 9:09 PM, Ninky said:

The author is deliberately keeping Mo Yuan very mysteriously quiet as she wants us to read his story. The special thing about Mo Yuan is his parents are the very first immortals to appear in the 4 Seas and 8 Realms. Based on Tang Qi's timeline, Mo Yuan starts the New Era.

And besides in Mo Yuan's story, because of Shao Wan's connection to Dong Hua, you will also be able to see the young Dong Hua and how he later became the Master of the Universe. Which is why Tang Qi is giving you information about Dong Hua through other people like Lian Song and other forms of heresay throughout the Pillow Book. We  never heard Dong Hua himself ever talking about HOW he became the master of the universe. A lot of these things will be revealed in Bodhi Fate based on the refusal to talk in great detail in all the Q & As we  have posted so far on the blog. 

This is clearly hinted in our latest blog post, "Now that we have finished talking about the content in the current era, I know that some of our fellow sisters are looking forward to finding out more about Mo Yuan and Dong Hua from the Era of Great Desolation.

Information regarding Mo Yuan will be left to Bodhi Fate. Without revealing the plot as a premise, we can talk a little more about Dong Hua."

Based on the FAQ (the 1 & 2 one with fan questions), we also find out that Dong Hua's title is conferred by Mo Yuan. A fan asked Tang Qi about this and she replied. Be aware that Shao Wan is a crucial character in Lian Song's book. Shao Wan, Zhu Ti and Xie Ming are all in a deep sleep because they are saving the world from some kind of catastrophe. While Dong Hua is probably a favourite of all readers so far, I have found that Lotus Step is also a very good read so far in the 24 chapters she has posted.

Dong Hua is connected to those events as he is also an Ancient God. These ancient gods are all bound to save the world even if it means going into a very long sleep or worse fading.

The reason why Three Poisons fell to Dong Hua is because he used his magic to create a special world to act as  a vessel to suck the poison out of the one billion mortal world. Every immortal has a different signature when they cast spells.

This has got nothing to do with power. In this case, the poison will respond to purification by the immortal that created the world as it's the same signature. 

If another immortal tries, it might result in catastrophe as the other immortal has a different signature. But now something has changed. In the book, Mo Yuan used Mt Kun Lun to contain the three poisons. So now it is contained with Mo Yuan's magic so I suspect that this changed the signature to Mo Yuan and we will be revisiting that story again in Bodhi Fate. I am betting that Dong Hua and Mo Yuan will work together on this issue.

Of Dong Hua abandoning his wordly duties to resurrecting Feng Jiu?

This isn't 3L3W, but IMO, it's the best answer.

tumblr_inline_phe7v8kxgc1ukkmom_1280.jpg

ctto

The true child of Heaven has been doing this all along. He is a cold and outwardly emotionless deity, but his heart first and foremost has always been for the realms. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

The answer has been posted before by @Ninky. This is also in the Q&A in the blog.

Fine. So if Dong Hua has to stay alive to save the world and Feng Jiu is, God forbid, um...no longer with him, that is going to be a hell of a long time to be miserable. Unless he spent all his cultivation resurrecting Feng Jiu and the rest of the time cultivating it back.

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Fine. So if Dong Hua has to stay alive to save the world and Feng Jiu is, God forbid, um...no longer with him, that is going to be a hell of a long time to be miserable. Unless he spent all his cultivation resurrecting Feng Jiu and the rest of the time cultivating it back.

The ancient gods, Dong Hua being one of them, are bound to save the world no matter what it would take and cost them. Even if they would deep sleep for millenia. Or fade to nothingness. 

• Sad 1

Can you imagine the family making gingerbread house? Gun Gun can help his mother make the dough and icing but Dong Hua is reduced to building the house and icing the decorations. Surely he can’t mess that up?

and then the family can play with the gingerbread men.

• Wiggle 1

Another Christmas tradition Dong Hua has created.

pre-wedding, Taichen Palace was decorated for Christmas but there was no mistletoe. The mood was quiet (Silent Night) despite Zhihe and Liansong’s attempts to liven the place up. The Christmas tree was full of presents for Dong Hua.

post-wedding

Feng Jiu is wondering why Dong Hua is so clingy lately then she sees that there is mistletoe practically everywhere.

with his playful wife and son, there is sure to be a happy family reunion meal.

Dong Hua actually gives presents this time around.

Lian Song is teary-eyed. “I have a present too?” Unwraps it and is speechless at the sight of a fish dish.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Another Christmas tradition Dong Hua has created.

pre-wedding, Taichen Palace was decorated for Christmas but there was no mistletoe. The mood was quiet (Silent Night) despite Zhihe and Liansong’s attempts to liven the place up. The Christmas tree was full of presents for Dong Hua.

post-wedding

Feng Jiu is wondering why Dong Hua is so clingy lately then she sees that there is mistletoe practically everywhere.

with his playful wife and son, there is sure to be a happy family reunion meal.

Dong Hua actually gives presents this time around.

Lian Song is teary-eyed. “I have a present too?” Unwraps it and is speechless at the sight of a fish dish.

Ohh mistletoe everywhere? Does that means they have to kiss everytime they are under one loll?

I created a Christmas story too:

Feng Jiu and Donghua had a small celebration on Christmas night together. The Bai family and their family were invited. There was a large feast filled with fine wine and food. Perhaps Donghua will cook his famous sweet and sour fish to entertain everyone. Feng Jiu will make her famous pastries for deserts. Meanwhile a little later as Gun Gun and A-Li couldn't keep their excitement they beg to open gifts under the Christmas tree that their father had decorated. Gun Gun had gotten a wooden top that his Father his made that he adores. And A-Li also got one that his Father made. The two begin to compete to see which one could spins the fastest. Seeing Gun Gun smiles, Feng Jiu felt happy as it was the first holiday the family was together. That she took Donghua outside.She wanted to give him the present she have been saving last for him. A very special one that she didn't want anyone to know. As they were walking outside in the cold air, Donghua had wore on a red scarf that Feng Jiu had made him for the holiday. Although it was very very long, it done it job well keeping him warm.  As they were having a heart to heart talk and was ready to get back inside since it was getting very cold. Suddenly Feng Jiu pulls, Donghua back. Creating the small mistletoe in the air, Feng Jiu tips toe on her feet and lean in giving him a small kiss. Before Donghua could say anything, the first snow hits the ground. And soon more follows. 

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Khue N said:

Creating the small mistletoe in the air, Feng Jiu tips toe on her feet and lean in giving him a small kiss. Before Donghua could say anything, the first snow hits the ground. And soon more follows. 

I wonder if Dong Hua deepened the kiss and if the snow was his doing.

• LOL 1

Good day everyone.  

I've just finished the mortal arc. The was this part where Cheng Yu gave Feng Jiu a silver bracelet when she visited her during imprisonment for eloping with Qing Ti. 

What was the significance of the bracelet? Because the bracelet was vibrating on her wrist when they were facing the enemies (especially the demon armies) in the Emperor's Tomb. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1