[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Good morning. I am planning to watch 微时代之恋 without eng subtitles, so I need to know the story outline and episode outline/recaps to understand the show. Does anybody know where I can find some? Google has been no help.

It's available in viki.com , but V Love isn't available for me region wise. I'm not sure either if the one in viki has English sub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

@Wuzetian I rewatch parts during the week. It's my default drama. I sometime just put it on the background while I am cooking. 

Congratulations to ELOD, the series was the top show for Tencent in 2020 

Cooking sweet and sour fish? :coolshades:

I cooked sweet and sour western meat patties yesterday evening but no fish :D

14 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Same here, I watch my favorite episodes, and listen to the BGM frequently, along with those of TMOPB. 

I'm so looking forward to Lotus Step and Bodhi fate! 

I'm just thinking if LS and BF were to be made into dramas, that will be in the next 5-10 years. Wonder who will be playing these characters then? As much I'm hoping to have original cast, but reality wise humans do age unless they are true immortals :wow1:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It's available in viki.com , but V Love isn't available for me region wise. I'm not sure either if the one in viki has English sub.

Looked at viki, there was no episode summaries whatsoever. 

How is that there is no episode summaries or blog recaps of this show?

16 minutes ago, Megan said:

Looked at viki, there was no episode summaries whatsoever. 

How is that there is no episode summaries or blog recaps of this show?

Not all sites do that, sometimes it would only just be the synopsis of the whole story plus the episodes, and that's it. Other sites would even just have the title, then links per episode. 

Lucky you it's viewable in your location. Is it subbed in English?

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

I'm just thinking if LS and BF were to be made into dramas, that will be in the next 5-10 years. Wonder who will be playing these characters then? As much I'm hoping to have original cast, but reality wise humans do age unless they are true immortals

Hopefully someone who can do justice to the roles of Lian Song and Mo Yuan. The Mo Yuan story will be that of elder twin, so whoever plays it will also play Ye Hua. :)

I don't mind James Li and Mark Chao reprising their roles as they were so good. And yeah, wishing too that original cast members would be there all throughout whichever 3L3W books get adapted, at least for all the couples.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Lucky you it's viewable in your location. Is it subbed in English?

Chinese sub. I wasn’t going to view on Viki or drama cool because I have the CDs. I was curious after you said it was the only other drama where Vengo and Dilireba were a couple. Found it at Poh Kim and got it at a discount because it was an old series.

oh well I Guess I can try to improve my Chinese....I am so going to misunderstand this story, aren’t I? 

10 minutes ago, Megan said:

Chinese sub. I wasn’t going to view on Viki or drama cool because I have the CDs. I was curious after you said it was the only other drama where Vengo and Dilireba were a couple. Found it at Poh Kim and got it at a discount because it was an old series.

oh well I Guess I can try to improve my Chinese....I am so going to misunderstand this story, aren’t I? 

It is, apart from TMOPB and ELOD. The others, they have different partners.

It was translated in English and Arabic, but not available in my region. Perhaps license expired to show it in Viki.

Maybe you'll still get it if you know more than enough Mandarin. :)

Watched the first episode of V Love.

dont worry, I’m not going to comment on every episode. But I recognise Si Ming, Li Jing and Yang Mi. Not sure if I saw Cang Yi and Xu Yang too though.

i hate to say this, but Anpo kind of reminds me of Zhihe. Spoilt and territorial about her crush. Not to mention she was sister zoned...

It’s funny. Next year, You are My Glory pairs Feng Jiu and Ye Hua.

and in V Love, I saw Dong Hua woo Bai Qian...while i prefer Yifei’s Bai Qian, it is still ironic. 

• Wiggle 1

9 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Aww, no she won't.

But it's not because you're not pwetty enough...

Sad but true :joy:

54 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He got lucky in the movie. But during the promotion, people thought he was the 2nd lead. :lol:

And in the new drama. He still feels like the second lead. Poor guy, must think Vengo is his unlucky star.

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

11 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He got lucky in the movie. But during the promotion, people thought he was the 2nd lead. :lol:

Oh ok. I have not watched any of their other dramas or movies. Pardon me :relaxed:

10 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Sad but true :joy:

And in the new drama. He still feels like the second lead. Poor guy, must think Vengo is his unlucky star.

Which new drama is that? 

• Wiggle 2

12 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Which new drama is that? 

The Lightning General. It's recently released. He is the lead, but somehow, it looks again as if he isn't. 

Spoiler

This is just a personal view, but he doesn't seem to have the so called x-factor.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

hola. I know I asked this question already but no one really answered it.

what did Miao Luo mean when she said Dong Hua made her a demon?

Miao Luo is the manifestation of the three toxins envy, ignorance, and discontentment which DH has to purify himself. 

This is more like her calling out DH that he is good while she's considered evil. They are enemies, and since DH is considered a celestial, Miao Luo is the demon counterpart. 

39 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Miao Luo is the manifestation of the three toxins envy, ignorance, and discontentment which DH has to purify himself. 

This is more like her calling out DH that he is good while she's considered evil. They are enemies, and since DH is considered a celestial, Miao Luo is the demon counterpart. 

That’s ironic. To claim that just because you are celestial that means you are good. And being a demon means you’re bad.

Su Jin and Zhihe are clearly evil celestial.

and I like Xuyang and Xiaoyan. And even Shao Wan. They are demons and yet seem so much nicer than the snobbish celestial who bullied poor Su Su

Looking back, how do you think Dong Hua, during those 200 years, will think of Meng Hao’s sacrifice for love? 
that he finally understands his general’s decisions. And that love is not so worthless, after all. Even though it caused him 200 years of angst, he would not trade those 2 weeks at Bihai for anything.

• Like 2