[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

BQ admitted that the fox clan is a stubborn tribe, didn't she? She and Bai Yi and even Zhe Yan - who may miss a few wagging tailes, but makes up for that with his wagging tongue- are indeed great examples. I think they are a bit slow in the EQ department, so it may take them a few heartaches to learn...if ever.

Sigh, that is their flaw which might be good at times, but has mostly hurt them because if not for their stubbornness and impulsiveness, they would avoid a lot of heartaches. 

They are gorgeous, good people though, who are also fearless when it comes to their subjects. That stubbornness keep them going and the reason why they will not back down. Well, hopefully the new generation will be more logical and rational than their elders. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Well, hopefully the new generation will be more logical and rational than their elders. :lol:

Probably not, but fingers crossed. :lol:

I agree, the Bai family are beautiful and good-hearted. But they know how to hold a grudge and cultivate it to perfection! 

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Finished episode 55.

still annoyed about how Feng Jiu gets blamed and lashed at over Dong Hua.

At the last moment, Feng Jiu said Dong Hua had better mean it or it isn’t over. “It isn’t over” what does that mean? 
love Dong Hua crying and remembering Feng Jiu. If we can’t see him search for her, we can see him long for her.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Hello. Why did Dong Hua Tell Feng Jiu not to drink cold water?

I think he's just showing care for her because he thinks he won't be around for her anymore. 

21 minutes ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 55.

At the last moment, Feng Jiu said Dong Hua had better mean it or it isn’t over. “It isn’t over” what does that mean? 
love Dong Hua crying and remembering Feng Jiu. If we can’t see him search for her, we can see him long for her.

Think about it this way: if he didn't yell at her she would never have known what had happened, would never have gone to him, and he would probably be dead. And Gungun wouldn't ever be able to meet his father. So in the end, I think the lashing was well worth it because she realizes that everything he did was for her. :wub:

I took a look at that line, the subtitles say: 你最好是这么想不然我跟你没完

I don't agree with the second part of the translation, I think it's wrong. I would have translated it as: "You had better be thinking this way, or else we won't have an ending." -I think that text was actually lifted from the book, so if you look at it, it might give you a better idea. 

• Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Hello. Why did Dong Hua Tell Feng Jiu not to drink cold water?

My grandparents and parents often tells me not to drink cold water because they said when you drink cold/chilled beverages your body would spend extra amount of energy to regulate the body temperature. Drinking cold water it  also restricts digestion. Because our body then need to focus on spending a great amount of energy to regulate the body temperature (37 degrees C) which is now being used to keep your body at a normal temperature. Another reason that I learn while taking a class a while back was that some studies have shown that drinking cold water it can decrease your heart rate. When drinking cold water, it stimulate the tenth cranial nerve/vagus nerve (longest and the most complex nerve that runs from the brain through the face and the thorax of the abdomen. It control the lungs,heart, and digestive). Causing the heart rate to drop. Affecting in the body temperature. When I play sport, my teammates and I would try to avoid drinking cold water even though it can be hard sometimes since is so hot. We did an experiment once, each person would have the same exercise for an hour. Some drink cold water and some drink room temperature water. In the end, those who drink the cold water said they have pain in their stomach. When you drink cold water during workout, it can send shocks in your body. When you work out your body sweats a lot and generate heat. Drinking cold water can also mismatch your temperature and your digestive system. After working out, your body will finds it a little difficult trying to adsorb the cold water. I am no doctor/nurse but these are some things my grandparents/parents would tell me and what I learn in school. I do admit the temptation of not drinking cold water is hard. I think that Donghua just cares for her health :D

• Insightful 4

9 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello. Why did Dong Hua Tell Feng Jiu not to drink cold 

People having fragile health condition are often told to have warm water rather than cold. Cold water will somehow tax the body as it adjusts to the cold drink taken internally. Whereas warm water soothes.

Since DH is also well-versed in medication and treatments, like when he was Xi Ze, he tells that to his wife, whom he knew still has low cultivation as she gave half of her fairy essence to YQT. He cares for her well-being.  DH knows first hand how bad she is when she gets sick. 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

It's not advisable at all times to be soft when the time to tell the truth and hard facts has come. She deserves the flack and rebukes. She has been selectively listening, and she allowed her emotions to dictate her acts.

If Zhong Lin was harsh, it's because in the past and even as recently as when she last met DH, she did not really give him a chance, and only thought of protecting herself and her pride. She left before he can come to explain himself, then later on she told him she doesn't need anything from him, right after she noticed he smells of medicines and he doesn't look good.

Anyhow,  the dressing down did her good. She finally sat down and paid attention as to hear what happened from the past, what she didn't know but could have known if she had little more faith and stayed with him. All ends well, as she would then have the courage to go in the starlight ward and be a partner to DH defeating Miao Luo once and for all.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Hello. You know Feng Jiu’s last words to Dong Hua, that she loved him too much. Correct me if I’m wrong; but I understand that sentence to be she regretted her love for Dong Hua. All that love and time wasted, or so she thinks.

then of course Dong Hua is crushed to hear her say this regret and vomits up blood.

is this interpretation correct?

9 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello. You know Feng Jiu’s last words to Dong Hua, that she loved him too much. Correct me if I’m wrong; but I understand that sentence to be she regretted her love for Dong Hua. All that love and time wasted, or so she thinks.

then of course Dong Hua is crushed to hear her say this regret and vomits up blood.

is this interpretation correct?

Other than having some regrets, there's disappointment to that person. That can't be helped, since she thought that he was never sincere enough for her. She believed that anytime JH beckons, he will abandon her.

For DH, hearing that might have felt that the only one he loved hates him now. And had cut his gut. She also asked to have that annulment that he refused. She also rejected his gifts. Those damaged further his fairy essences.

It is admirable how he held on to his composure until she left. Just as how he hid his Qiushui poisoning effects like the blackened veins and shaky hands.

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Remembering the comic where Dong Hua told a pregnant Feng Jiu she just had indigestion, do you really think that is how he will react after she gave birth to Gun Gun, whose infancy he had missed?

If it's only indigestion, that would be the reaction. If she's really pregnant, he will be anal-retentive.

• Like 2

Just started the last episode. Have to say this, Dong Hua’s neck is creeping me out. They don’t look like veins. They look like vines. Evil plant vines that are strangling him. I’m freaking out.

ok, not really. But that is a creepy makeup effect.

What does Miao Luo mean that Dong Hua made her a demon?

When Dong Hua gets distracted by Feng Jiu and Miao Luo attacks him, I am reminded of Shen Ye being struck by arrows. Now is not the time to distract or be distracted.

Finished episode 56.

love the lovebird reunion and family scene. If it weren’t for the fact that I saw the deleted script, I would question why the hell Feng Jiu suddenly bounces back to life.

Jiheng’s happy ending is annoying after all the trouble she caused and her change of character is unconvincing.

watching the credits, I feel wistful. I’m gonna miss the show and the characters shown on the screen. Until next year, ELOD!

4 hours ago, Megan said:

I just realized since Fanyin Valley is now cleansed, why didn’t the biyiniao’s move back?

Drama POV 200 years ago, Night Owls and Inseparable King Birds clans were evacuated from Fanyin Valley because they can not dwell there anymore.

Their previous isolation has helped foster the transgressions and abuses that should never have had happened if there were proper checks and balances of power and authorities.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? Today I did a quick search on WeTV app. Look what I've found!

Our Pillow Book is still within the Top 10 Search Results!! Amazing since it has ended some months back..

Anyone doing a rewatch currently? :wub:

4MnRgPJ.jpg

• Love 3
  • Wiggle 2

19 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? Today I did a quick search on WeTV app. Look what I've found!

Our Pillow Book is still within the Top 10 Search Results!! Amazing since it has ended some months back..

Anyone doing a rewatch currently? :wub:

I still do watch it every now and then. Like some kind of happy pill, hahaha! Not surprised, coz it's a heartwarming show, and most youngsters can also see it. 

:transforms:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

47 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I still do watch it every now and then. Like some kind of happy pill, hahaha! Not surprised, coz it's a heartwarming show, and most youngsters can also see it. 

Ya I see them both including Gun Gun on my phone screens daily :heart: What a happy family! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Good morning. I am planning to watch 微时代之恋 without eng subtitles, so I need to know the story outline and episode outline/recaps to understand the show. Does anybody know where I can find some? Google has been no help.

• Like 1