[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Megan said:

In that case, did Su Jin literally choose to demote herself from emperor’s consort to Ye Hua’s concubine? Since technically they never got married.

She was not demoted to concubine. Su Jin was bestowed as a side consort to Ye Hua when they arrived back successful against the rebellion of Ling Yu, formalized in the ceremony as official Crown Prince. It's as good as marriage because it was decreed by Tianjun. 

While she was recognised as a Princess in Jiuchongtian, Su Jin will always be a consort to anyone she is married to and will never have the status of a concubine.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

This is if you could have items from the 三生三世 universe.

would you rather:

1) have the Sky clan’s soul lantern or Shen Ye’s lantern as your bedside lamp?

2) Feng Jiu’s hairpin or bracelet? Obviously her ring will stay with her.

3) Bai Qian’s magic mirror or special blindfold that protects her sensitive eyes?

And I’m guessing from when Junuo said Aranya’s Dream was their retribution...basically it means the eternal winter it caused was their karma?

Finished episode 45. Enjoying most of the DongFeng courtship. Dong Hua made me laugh when he didn’t show any response to Moye’s exhaustion. And I do love those magic hand formations to cast magic. It looks so elegant.

finally Shen Ye shows he cares. I feel sorry for Wen Tian but I also feel like she knew Aranya also liked Shen Ye.

still feel like Junuo didn’t get due karma for not giving Aranya her due justice!

if Dong Hua is strong enough to escape the dream...why can’t he do so now? He wants to take Aranya out and away from Miao Luo.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

This is if you could have items from the 三生三世 universe.

would you rather:

1) have the Sky clan’s soul lantern or Shen Ye’s lantern as your bedside lamp?

2) Feng Jiu’s hairpin or bracelet? Obviously her ring will stay with her.

3) Bai Qian’s magic mirror or special blindfold that protects her sensitive eyes?

1. Neither. Those lamps belong to the one who need it closest to them most.

2. Bracelet coz I don't wear hairpins.

3. Mirror coz I can use it for "calling". :D

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Watching episode 45, there is a scene I don’t get.

when Moye tells Feng Jiu how he had questioned the stupid lie of Aranya’s death, he said the bird clan dared him to cheat it??? What does that mean?

Wasn't it that in the sub SMY said he was cheated of the real reason of her death?

Aranya was under his care for years and he would know the temperament of his ward. She is not the sort who will hang herself. More importantly, the timing of her death, just a few days after Xiangli He supposedly died in the battle against the Night Owl clan, and coronation of Junou as Queen, is very, very suspicious.

Telling SMY that Aranya did, is an insult to his intelligence, and an affront to him being the master of the Princess, and to him as a person, being a Prince himself.

2 hours ago, Megan said:

And I’m guessing from when Junuo said Aranya’s Dream was their retribution...basically it means the eternal winter it caused was their karma?

They are reminded of the winter that once, the clan neglected and betrayed their princess when they did not do the right thing from when she was thrown to the snake pit as a baby.

2 hours ago, Megan said:

finally Shen Ye shows he cares. I feel sorry for Wen Tian but I also feel like she knew Aranya also liked Shen Ye.

Wen Tian is aware of what was going on. She's much like Jielu, that even if she also likes Shen Ye, she will help Aranya and Shen Ye to be together.

2 hours ago, Megan said:

still feel like Junuo didn’t get due karma for not giving Aranya her due justice!

Doesn't having to depose her own mother, living through the winter years after years, and the only main family member left with the memories of Aranya and Shen Ye to haunt her not punishment enough for Junou and justice for Aranya? That the dream ward existed because she also betrayed Aranya during her youth, and Shen Ye for not even telling him Aranya died when she visited him in the shrine?

IMO, Junou suffered after realising how much they wronged Aranya, and how she can not make it up anymore with her, and to Shen Ye as well. She was suffering for Meng Hao, even before he realised who is FJ, because she was afraid that her son will go through the bitterness over love if he will go against DH for FJ.

Everytime someone is trapped in Aranya's dream, she would be reminded of her role years ago.

What should Junou still go through, so that it will be rightly due karma? It might not sound right to make the name of Aranya a taboo, but if it boosts the morale of the clan after losing their seasons and having to live in fear of Shen Ye, then IMO, she did the right thing as their monarch.

2 hours ago, Megan said:

If Dong Hua is strong enough to escape the dream...why can’t he do so now? He wants to take Aranya out and away from Miao Luo.

It was explained in Ep39 why. Besides of course that FJ is still recovering. In a later episode, what DH tells SMY also shows he cares for Shen Ye. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Doesn't having to depose her own mother, living through the winter years after years, and the only main family member left with the memories of Aranya and Shen Ye to haunt her not punishment enough for Junou and justice for Aranya? That the dream ward existed because she also betrayed Aranya during her youth, and Shen Ye for not even telling him Aranya died when she visited him in the shrine?

IMO, Junou suffered after realising how much they wronged Aranya, and how she can not make it up anymore with her, and to Shen Ye as well. She was suffering for Meng Hao, even before he realised who is FJ, because she was afraid that her son will go through the bitterness over love if he will go against DH for FJ.

Everytime someone is trapped in Aranya's dream, she would be reminded of her role years ago.

What should Junou still go through, so that it will be rightly due karma? It might not sound right to make the name of Aranya a taboo, but if it boosts the morale of the clan after losing their seasons and having to live in fear of Shen Ye, then IMO, she did the right thing as their monarch.

It’s not just the name taboo.

Aranya sacrificed her life to save her people. Now all the current generation knows about her is that she is the cause of eternal winter and a dangerous dream that lurks about. No one knows about her sacrifice because they all say it was her brother who sacrificed himself.

ok, I get that it was what Aranya wanted so her brother could be free, but apparently if people question about Aranya, she died by suicide and was suspected of poisoning the emperor!

is it so hard to honor her memory with something positive?

While Junuo deposed Qinghua, no one can say what her motives were. She could have done it for Aranya, or justice itself.

and despite the winter, the birds are still thriving, Junuo included. It’s not that I want the birds to suffer, but is it so hard to show some mourning for Aranya? At the very least they could offer up some incense yearly? I don’t know. They could mourn for her on her birthday? Death day?

Edited by Megan

2 hours ago, Megan said:

It’s not just the name taboo.

Aranya sacrificed her life to save her people. Now all the current generation knows about her is that she is the cause of eternal winter and a dangerous dream that lurks about. No one knows about her sacrifice because they all say it was her brother who sacrificed himself.

ok, I get that it was what Aranya wanted so her brother could be free, but apparently if people question about Aranya, she died by suicide and was suspected of poisoning the emperor!

is it so hard to honor her memory with something positive?

While Junuo deposed Qinghua, no one can say what her motives were. She could have done it for Aranya, or justice itself.

and despite the winter, the birds are still thriving, Junuo included. It’s not that I want the birds to suffer, but is it so hard to show some mourning for Aranya? At the very least they could offer up some incense yearly? I don’t know. They could mourn for her on her birthday? Death day?

This is a royal family, but it's convoluted with politicking just the same. 

Let's consider the scenarios if Junou prematurely ceded the taboo, which was likely put in place just after she ascended to the throne and the 3 seasons were taken by Shen Ye. Qinghua was still the defacto shadow ruler, and she is the one who most likely pushed for the taboo. 

What will that make Junou as the clan monarch? Because removing that taboo will equally give the reasons to disclose her roles until Aranya's demise and of what Shen Ye did.

In a family that is beset of acts and tendencies of fratricide, prolicide, mariticide, will Junou and her own family survive it? Moreover, can the clan take more problems when they are vulnerable?

You are concerned that Aranya might have been known to the public to have committed regicide, and the reason why there is a dream ward by the pinpo tree, and of continuous winter. But who knows about that? The name is taboo. No one will openly talk of her, thus, the later generation will know next to nil about her.

Will Aranya's former servants say anything to correct the misconception, if any? Qinghua likely executed them first while Aranya was jailed. And anyone who opposed her over the taboo.

Have you considered why Shen Ye and Wen Tian has to rely on Xi Ze to save her, when Aranya has loyal servants? Because the people closest to Aranya were already gone. Have you considered that the reason Su Moye could not get the right details of her death, it is because there are no people left who might know, other than Xi Ze who is out of reach,  and Junou and Qinghua, and accomplices of Qinghua who will never talk? 

Junou herself deposed Qinghua as she finally realised the madness with her. The important thing is she did what is right in that aspect. What the various archmages turned a blind eye to from when Xiangli Que murdered his own brother to be the ruler and to have his pregnant sister-in-law as his wife.

Back to Junou, if she removed the taboo too early, what will that bring her and to the clan? Because that will be an admission of her own mistakes. Things in the past that can be used to undermine her rule and in essence, cause her people another or more rounds of upheavals.

It's too idealistic to think that the clan will forgive and forget, not when they have to live with unending winter for years. And to live in fear of what the creator of the dream realm can actually do. The other rival clans can also exploit the situation.

So Aranya's sacrifice for her clan is unrecognised, and no one utters her name, much less remember her. 

But if it meant quiet living, peace, and being safe for the Biyiniao clan, then it is worth the taboo. 

The taboo at most had become an empty gesture of defiance against Shen Ye after years passed, but if it has brought stability for the clan, my view would be to keep it. If it would hurt somebody's sentiments, that would be mostly unto Junou first and foremost.

What Junou does in private was not discussed in story or drama when it comes to Aranya. But that she didn't build a shrine for her sister's sacrifice?

That's not true. It's not the incense sticks she should lit for her in accordance to tradition, but in ruling justly and wisely. It's Meng Shao and Jielu. She stopped the hating in her generation. She did not let it touch her son and niece. In fact, a lot of Meng Shao's and Jielu's character are so much like Aranya.

Feng Jiu and Xiao Yan gravely injured Meng Shao when they first fell down, but despite what FJ was telling XY, and Meng Shao's lies to hide his escapades, Junou decided to keep them and hosted them graciously. She might have punished Jielu initially when she started asking about Aranya, but she had a change of heart and advised her well.

Meng Shao was very well-mannered, her niece Jielu knows her place. That's credit to Junou, who made sure the children in her family are reared well, a complete opposite on how she and Changdi grew hating their own sister. She had a son that was willing to die for their people and sacrifice for the ones he cares of. She had a niece that young as she is, was still chosen to lead by her own clan, a sign that they trust her and her upbringing. That is a better shrine and remembrance for Aranya, even if it is silent at its best.

The taboo was basically over when Dong Hua asked about Aranya. It was also the right time. It was the last time the cycle of Aranya's life would be replayed in the dream realm, and it was time DH and FJ revisited and lived the past lives of their shadows.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Finished episode 46. Loved it for the romance. Though I do feel that it was a comparatively short episode that could have explained things like why Moye didn’t want anybody to know he has toffees, why Feng Jiu called Cha Cha a prophet. Those who read the book know why. But it is kind of surprising to see such comments without proper explanation.

and yes I know why, but I still would have liked to see them act out the scenes.

also, why did Feng Jiu say Dong Hua should compliment her on something beyond her cooking skills if they are talking about potatoes? Does she want him to compliment her on her other traits? Or she wants him to be original and quick relying on easy compliments that she gets from everybody?

Hello. Does anybody else wonder what might have happened if Zhihe did manage to meet her brother after the Bingcang ceremony?

i mean she might complain and disapprove but I’m pretty sure Dong Hua would just brush her off. “My wife is my business. If you don’t approve, then don’t come to the wedding and return to your post.”

speaking of which, what was Zhihe planning to do when she confronted Jiheng? If she hadn’t seen Jiheng interact with Minsu...um...possibly try to intimidate her?

• Wiggle 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Hello. Does anybody else wonder what might have happened if Zhihe did manage to meet her brother after the Bingcang ceremony?

i mean she might complain and disapprove but I’m pretty sure Dong Hua would just brush her off. “My wife is my business. If you don’t approve, then don’t come to the wedding and return to your post.”

Whether or not Zhi He meets her foster brother, whatever she plans to do or how much she protests would be immaterial since DH and FJ are already married before Bincang ceremony. DH is the Prince Consort of the Queen of Qing Qiu.

Zhi He is not invited to the reception of course. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Megan said:

speaking of which, what was Zhihe planning to do when she confronted Jiheng? If she hadn’t seen Jiheng interact with Minsu...um...possibly try to intimidate her?

Zhi He doesn't even want others to look at foster brother, so yeah, scaring Ji Heng off is a possibility. 

Pretty sure that isn't the first time she warned others off. She can't be that bold without her habitually doing it. She got away with it because she's the Emperor's foster sister.

IMO, she hangs on to emphasizing at all times that DH is her foster brother. 

I think she is an honorary princess due to her association with DH. Kind of like Sujin when she was fostered by Yancou and Lexu. But what's with these " honorary princesses" overstepping boundaries? :lol:

LOL when she was confronting FJ over the robes. "Do not think of bewitching my foster brother!" 

:Megalol:

• LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

On 10/17/2020 at 3:29 AM, Megan said:

Currently watching episode 46.

Dong Hua says that Shen Ye can say nice things, but Dong Hua, the nice things you are quoting was what you said when Feng Jiu took you flower viewing. So that makes no sense

I think DH is imagining when SY and FJ are alone, SY says nice things to her. Jealousy can make the most logical deity become illogical.

Regarding Aranya and her clan not knowing the sacrifice she made. I can see why you would be upset. It isn't fair, but her story reflects real life. Many people make sacrifices daily, whether it is big or small, and most people don't even know about it. Furthermore, history is often twisted to some degree, because records are never 100% objective. 

Also keep in mind, even though it would be nice to be recognized, Aranya wasn't looking for recognition from her clan. Her main concern was to save her clan and brother. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 2

3 hours ago, pawla said:

Speaking of Aranya's brother, what happened to him after Aranya took his place in the war? Did he assume a new identity? Did he leave FY valley? 

I wish there are details on that, but there's nothing more of Xiangli He in the book after he was replaced by Aranya in the  battlefield.

Presumably Xi Ze was able to take care of him and did for him whatever Aranya wanted for her brother. Since in the records he died battling the Night Owl clan, he could have lived in an assumed identity, perhaps until his demise, if he already died, as he was not always in the best of health.

Unless Qinghua was still so demented that despite Fanyin Valley losing 3 seasons and Xi Ze intervening so that the clan do not get exterminated by Shen Ye, Xiangli He should have lived in peace whether he was still in Fanyin Valley or somewhere else.

IMO, since nothing more was heard of Changdi after Xiangli Que died other than she going insane, she might have been disposed of by Qinghua. If Changdi is really not lucid it would have been easily done. Announcing she was not of the right mind could also be just a ruse so that no one questions her absence.

When Junou rose to the throne, she mentioned to Shen Ye that Qinghua's scheming scares her. Rightly so, since her mother might not have stopped seeking revenge against anyone of Xiangli Que. It is poetic justice that after some time, the daughter she manipulated the situation for so that she'll be the Queen, will depose her.

Perhaps Qinghua was too consumed to extract revenge that she might have still tried to track and assassinate Xiangli He. It's only a speculation, but this could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Junou and her new spouse would surely have had very good reasons and very strong backing from the archmages and Xi Ze to successfully overthrow Qinghua.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Currently watching episode 47. When Shen Ye asked Feng Jiu about Aranya’s feelings towards him at the end, was he referring to the moment when Aranya realized he left her estate without a word, or at the moment of her death?

Finished episode 47.

i love the romantic date. Dong Hua, the cold emperor....actually massaging Feng Jiu’s feet. This actually makes up for the lie about begging for forgiveness because this is just as unimaginable.

kind of annoyed they forget that Feng Jiu only did silly things was because Dong Hua was silly and withheld the fruit first so she was near death and lost her powers.

Qinghua’s death was too light. Not only does she mistreat her daughter, but to harm both her own innocent people and the innocent owl clan while she lies in luxury....seriously, confinement and madness was too good for her.

what happened to Aranya’s evil uncle in the end anyway?

and did anyone notice how some scenes were omitted. Shen Ye never did say he was working with Qing Hua but then suddenly they both knew it.

I really wish I could see Qinghua’s face if she knew hurting Feng Jiu would anger Dong Hua.