[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I had a vision.

we all know Dong Hua and Feng Jiu are mischievous but also have a good reputation.

now Dong Hua obviously wants to hog Feng Jiu, so it looks like someone will be playing babysitter (Si Ming, Lian Song, Cheng Yu, Chonglin)

now Gun Gun is a sweetheart...but what about his baby sister? She could be a mini chaos.

i can imagine her wrecking havoc and making messes like a hyperactive storm. 
Cheng Yu I can see accepting with good humor.

the men on the other hand are stressed out. Chonglin is a Steward not a babysitter. Si Ming would claim to be busy with a mortal fate. Lian Song: I’m a prince. How did I wind up with this task?

and like mother like daughter this princess knows to get her way by fake crying. The men panic at the idea of making DH’s daughter cry. They don’t know that DH has his own way of dealing with criers.

• LOL 2

This is kinda...morbid, but I’m considering a fic where Dong Hua goes into a jealous and murderous rage, and I can’t help wondering, if Dong Hua had somehow made Xiao Yan disappear, and Feng Jiu was asking about him, how would Dong Hua react...

• Wiggle 1

“his eyes were defenselessly closed”

this line is when Dong Hua kisses Feng Jiu before she goes to sleep in Aranya’s dream. I love this line because we see how Dong Hua lets his guard down around Feng Jiu. Ironic considering how he can’t tell her the truth.

but it’s true. Dong Hua let himself be vulnerable in loving Feng Jiu, testing in her love, and then suffering from her absence. Because when you’re in love, you don’t keep barriers up. Unless you had a fight or something...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The colours combination for this robe is fine IMO. But the embellishments were really questionable. It looked like a chicken poxed outfit overall.

In TMOPB I disliked DH's robes coz they're dark yet so shiny. LOL. I only liked that white one which was shown only twice I think.

Oh I agree, blue looks good on him! Indeed the embellishments are... well you said it nicer. ^_^

DH's styling was much better in ELOD. I was happy to see the two locks of hair were tucked away in ELOD! I was missing the golden hair piece he wore with the white robe.

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Oh I agree, blue looks good on him! Indeed the embellishments are... well you said it nicer. ^_^

DH's styling was much better in ELOD. I was happy to see the two locks of hair were tucked away in ELOD! I was missing the golden hair piece he wore with the white robe.

I'm glad that they gave him a fresher look for ELOD! ^_^ I sure would have liked to have seen him though in ELOD as how he looked in that white outfit in TMOPB and that half top knot hair using a different hair accessory.

9 hours ago, Megan said:

He doesn't tell her a lot of things, but he trusts her enough that he can close his eyes while with her.

• Like 2

Remember when Feng Jiu kissed Dong Hua when she thought she was dreaming? I wonder what would happen if she did that to Xuan Ren....

the dude would probably be delighted Xiao Jiu wants to kiss him and find her reactions adorable.

And can you imagine GG getting a bath by Feng Jiu like in the lion king?

• Wiggle 1

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

Remember when Feng Jiu kissed Dong Hua when she thought she was dreaming? I wonder what would happen if she did that to Xuan Ren....

the dude would probably be delighted Xiao Jiu wants to kiss him and find her reactions adorable.

And can you imagine GG getting a bath by Feng Jiu like in the lion king?

SXR was not DH though, so FJ will not. In the book, she's sincere with her affections but avoided intimacies. In ELOD she knows beforehand that SXR is just a mortal (Si Ming's words), while she remains Bai FJ.

Hmm, no, can't imagine BGG having that sort of bath. Though they're foxes, they are fairies with foxes as base form, so I didn't expect them to act like normal foxes would.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, episode 27 was irritating. I hate Dong Hua and Lian Song for bullying Feng Jiu. I comfort myself with Dong Hua carving his heart. But where was Lian Song’s karma in all this?

otherwise, Dong Hua’s reactions to Lian Song are hilarious. That’s about it. And I repeat! Ali is so cute.

Zhe Yan, you could have tried harder. What happened to the guy who would have blown off Taichen’s roof?!

• Wiggle 1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:04 PM, MayanEcho said:

Who else thinks this happened, or will happen for Shao Wan?

Lol! Didn't that happened already in those spin off short stories Tang Qi did where SW basically ordered MY to fight DH for her and he just picked up his sword and flew away. I feel like MY might be more whipped for SW then DH is for FJ. It's like DH still trys to maintain some control(though he still gives up to FJ eventually) and playfully bully FJ and then all you see MY basically being celibate and solo for the next hundreds and thousands of years that SW is dead. Though from the drama adaptations it looks like LS is the most whipped for CY though, he's like her own little puppy that happens to be very powerful and a royal.

If MY and DH actually have a real fight the entire realms would just be wiped out which is kinda stressful now that I think of it..:notsureifserious:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Wiggle 1

39 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Lol! Didn't that happened already in those spin off short stories Tang Qi did where SW basically ordered MY to fight DH for her and he just picked up his sword and flew away. I feel like MY might be more whipped for SW then DH is for FJ. It's like DH still trys to maintain some control(though he still gives up to FJ eventually) and playfully bully FJ and then all you see MY basically being celibate and solo for the next hundreds and thousands of years that SW is dead. Though from the drama adaptations it looks like LS is the most whipped for CY though, he's like her own little puppy that happens to be very powerful and a royal.

If MY and DH actually have a real fight the entire realms would just be wiped out which is kinda stressful now that I think of it..

Ahahaha, that outtake where Shao Wan punched herself, but told Mo Yuan Dong Hua did it to her? :naughty: Oh well, a serious fight between them will change the topography for sure.

Hmm, MY and SW are of the same generation, and SW has been making fun of MY from Marsh School. Anyhow, we'll see how things unfold between the dragon and the phoenix. MY is still very much a mystery...how such a calm, cool, and collected deity is the celestial's God of War. 

And how the recluse fighter from Bihai Cangling is crowned as Emperor. By their personalities...doesn't make sense. Hahahaha!

LS and CY story span different generations and realms. They seem to take turns who'll be the whipped puppy. ***evil laugh*** 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Ok, episode 27 was irritating. I hate Dong Hua and Lian Song for bullying Feng Jiu. I comfort myself with Dong Hua carving his heart. But where was Lian Song’s karma in all this?

otherwise, Dong Hua’s reactions to Lian Song are hilarious. That’s about it. And I repeat! Ali is so cute.

Zhe Yan, you could have tried harder. What happened to the guy who would have blown off Taichen’s roof?!

LS' s karma should take place when it's his story to tell. :sweat_smile: Zhe Yan and Ali did not expect DH will give another handkerchief. In the book, DH gave them an identical handkerchief to that of FJ. LOL! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

LS' s karma should take place when it's his story to tell. :sweat_smile: Zhe Yan and Ali did not expect DH will give another handkerchief. In the book, DH gave them an identical handkerchief to that of FJ. LOL! 

He even tried to send Zhe Yan and Ali for Lian Song to deal with.

• LOL 2

On 9/19/2020 at 10:26 PM, Megan said:

This is kinda...morbid, but I’m considering a fic where Dong Hua goes into a jealous and murderous rage, and I can’t help wondering, if Dong Hua had somehow made Xiao Yan disappear, and Feng Jiu was asking about him, how would Dong Hua react...

I read in a fanfic DH was shouting. I felt that was so out of character. Even when FJ was in danger, he kept his cool and in control. So I can imagine DH jealous, but not murderous rage. The worst thing would be DH sending XY off on a tricky errand. If FJ asked, DH will calmly state XY is off on to do a serious job!

On 9/19/2020 at 11:48 PM, Megan said:

this line is when Dong Hua kisses Feng Jiu before she goes to sleep in Aranya’s dream. I love this line because we see how Dong Hua lets his guard down around Feng Jiu. Ironic considering how he can’t tell her the truth.

but it’s true. Dong Hua let himself be vulnerable in loving Feng Jiu, testing in her love, and then suffering from her absence. Because when you’re in love, you don’t keep barriers up. Unless you had a fight or something...

His inner child comes out when he is with FJ. It's quite endearing.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:20 AM, SilverDawn said:

DH look majestic in white! I definitely prefer his styling in ELOD. Vengo's make up as DH is good. His make up as SXR is questionable. 

On 9/20/2020 at 11:11 PM, MayanEcho said:

SXR was not DH though, so FJ will not. In the book, she's sincere with her affections but avoided intimacies. In ELOD she knows beforehand that SXR is just a mortal (Si Ming's words), while she remains Bai Feng Jiu

I have to keep reminding myself that. Poor SXR tried so hard. He really deserve some love. But I am glad FJ had some clear boundaries, even though half the time it was by luck and SXR was a gentleman. 

8 hours ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

If MY and DH actually have a real fight the entire realms would just be wiped out which is kinda stressful now that I think of it..:notsureifserious:

DH and FJ's dynamic amuses me. Even though by all account, DH seems like the one who is in control, but one look or word from FJ, he gives in. 

I feel like FJ and DH knows how to manage each other to get what they want. Although they may prank each other, they won't push one another to the extreme. 

I like CY as a friend, but found her rather violent at times when she interacts with LS. But hey, if LS likes it like that, who am I to complain!

On 9/19/2020 at 3:11 PM, Megan said:

I had a vision.

we all know Dong Hua and Feng Jiu are mischievous but also have a good reputation.

now Dong Hua obviously wants to hog Feng Jiu, so it looks like someone will be playing babysitter (Si Ming, Lian Song, Cheng Yu, Chonglin)

now Gun Gun is a sweetheart...but what about his baby sister? She could be a mini chaos.

i can imagine her wrecking havoc and making messes like a hyperactive storm. 
Cheng Yu I can see accepting with good humor.

the men on the other hand are stressed out. Chonglin is a Steward not a babysitter. Si Ming would claim to be busy with a mortal fate. Lian Song: I’m a prince. How did I wind up with this task?

and like mother like daughter this princess knows to get her way by fake crying. The men panic at the idea of making DH’s daughter cry. They don’t know that DH has his own way of dealing with criers.

I can totally imagine BGG's sister to be mischievous like FJ. She knows she is gorgeous and use it to her advantage. She will be Daddy's girl and scared of upsetting DH. Ali will probably end up being the babysitter.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, Megan said:

He even tried to send Zhe Yan and Ali for Lian Song to deal with.

Actually, thinking that over...Did you read it as his unconscious way of letting others know that he wants that handkerchief and it is now "his"? So he isn't giving it up, ergo, DH likes FJ and he doesn't want to part from her? LOL!

3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 10:20 PM, SilverDawn said:

DH look majestic in white! I definitely prefer his styling in ELOD. Vengo's make up as DH is good. His make up as SXR is questionable

He wore a lot of white in Aranya's dream, and I like his overall looks with that white jade hair pin. But he's also quite something when he's in purple. Agree with the makeup in mortal realm, could've done better.

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I like CY as a friend, but found her rather violent at times when she interacts with LS. But hey, if LS likes it like that, who am I to complain!

Sigh...LS seriously messed up. If CY can be extreme in her avoidance of him, it's due to their past story. LS will have to grovel a lot on what he did.

Ice Face, how dare you replace the Saha fruit with inferior peaches! I just reached the part of episode 28 where Meng Shao is telling Feng Jiu that the Saha fruit is way better than Feng Jiu’s replaced peach prize! The dude couldn’t even bother to give a decent replacement prize....

• LOL 1

Finished episode 28

the realization of how inferior the heaven peaches are to the pimpon fruit ruined it all for me. I was stuck raging at Dong Hua; who wouldn’t even enter the valley with Feng Jiu... I try to console myself with his karma but it ain’t working.

ugh, I gotta write some Dong Hua salt fic tmr.

Jiheng is also an ingrate. It’s fine if you reject Xiao Yan’s advances but the dude saved you twice and this is how you repay him? With a cold shoulder? Or is it because you have a crush on Dong Hua who hates Xiao Yan?

hmm, the fact that Dong Hua chose to enter with Chonglin...could it be because he wants alone time with Xiao Bai? If that’s the case, what is taking him so Long to realize his feelings?

Oh yeah, while Dong Hua was preparing to get rid of Xiao Yan, how do you think he intended to make Xiao Bai his empress? Especially when his ridiculous switcheroo was likely to anger her. 

8 hours ago, Megan said:

Remind me again why Dong Hua couldn’t come after Feng Jiu in Fanyin Valley if Jiheng could enter it using a spell?

And Ali looks like a girl in the dream.

i mean, I know he’s played by a girl. The hairstyle gave it away.

He's due to arrive in Fanyin Valley after six months on winter's solstice when he purifies the Miaoyi Huiming realm. 

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Ice Face, how dare you replace the Saha fruit with inferior peaches! I just reached the part of episode 28 where Meng Shao is telling Feng Jiu that the Saha fruit is way better than Feng Jiu’s replaced peach prize! The dude couldn’t even bother to give a decent replacement prize....

It's not inferior per se, but it is not the fruit FJ needs to revive Ye Qingti. The Jiuchongtian peaches are valuable their own right, just as pimpon fruit can revive the dead and increase an immortal's cultivation.

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 28

the realization of how inferior the heaven peaches are to the pimpon fruit ruined it all for me. I was stuck raging at Dong Hua; who wouldn’t even enter the valley with Feng Jiu... I try to console myself with his karma but it ain’t working.

ugh, I gotta write some Dong Hua salt fic tmr.

Jiheng is also an ingrate. It’s fine if you reject Xiao Yan’s advances but the dude saved you twice and this is how you repay him? With a cold shoulder? Or is it because you have a crush on Dong Hua who hates Xiao Yan?

hmm, the fact that Dong Hua chose to enter with Chonglin...could it be because he wants alone time with Xiao Bai? If that’s the case, what is taking him so Long to realize his feelings?

Oh yeah, while Dong Hua was preparing to get rid of Xiao Yan, how do you think he intended to make Xiao Bai his empress? Especially when his ridiculous switcheroo was likely to anger her. 

Don't be in rage, you'll get wrinkles. ^_^

It's not because he doesn't want to follow her immediately to Fanyin Valley. He is due to arrive there in six months time on winter. That is also when the Biyiniao folks are expecting him to come. He made provisions too to keep FJ safe -  the Tiancang cage which prevented her from getting smashed. And the weirdness of Fanyin Valley prevented FJ and even XY from using their magic arts to do shenanigans.

Entering Fanyin Valley using a spell requires giving up some cultivation. Given that it is in his nature to plan, he has to be at his prime during his every 10 years lecture / purifying of the chasm. Besides, he spent time before winter solstice reading up on FJ. 

I actually like it that FJ finally has to study and do her school things without the Qing Qiu subjects doing those for her. Fuzi certainly doesn't pamper her.

JH has always been cold to XY even when they were kids. But she can be more polite given that it was him who helped her in the drama to escape assassination at the mortal realm and regain her memories. Oh well, she is an ingrate not only to XY, but she will also shamelessly betray her father's legacy for leverage against DH who took care of her Qiushui poisoning numerous times and helping her leave Xuyang's own machinations.

DH didn't bring Chong Lin since he intended Xiao Bai to take care of him. As for what he feels, he doesn't say so in words, but his actions were doing the talking. Jielu, Fuzi, Meng Shao, even Junou knows. When he entered the dream realm, everybody who had seen knew how serious he is with FJ.  He knows how he feels given that he's now following (stalking) her where she goes, even exchanges living quarters with XY.

Only JH belittled that sacrificial act of DH. <_< She called it luck. 

Hmm, I'm puzzled, you're in Ep28 but you're discussing the pimpon fruit prize replaced by peaches? That happened in Ep34. 

• Insightful 2

53 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He's due to arrive in Fanyin Valley after six months on winter's solstice when he purifies the Miaoyi Huiming realm. 

It's not inferior per se, but it is not the fruit FJ needs to revive Ye Qingti. The Jiuchongtian peaches are valuable their own right, just as pimpon fruit can revive the dead and increase an immortal's cultivation.

Don't be in rage, you'll get wrinkles. ^_^

It's not because he doesn't want to follow her immediately to Fanyin Valley. He is due to arrive there in six months time on winter. That is also when the Biyiniao folks are expecting him to come. He made provisions too to keep FJ safe -  the Tiancang cage which prevented her from getting smashed. And the weirdness of Fanyin Valley prevented FJ and even XY from using their magic arts to do shenanigans.

Entering Fanyin Valley using a spell requires giving up some cultivation. Given that it is in his nature to plan, he has to be at his prime during his every 10 years lecture / purifying of the chasm. Besides, he spent time before winter solstice reading up on FJ. 

I actually like it that FJ finally has to study and do her school things without the Qing Qiu subjects doing those for her. Fuzi certainly doesn't pamper her.

JH has always been cold to XY even when they were kids. But she can be more polite given that it was him who helped her in the drama to escape assassination at the mortal realm and regain her memories. Oh well, she is an ingrate not only to XY, but she will also shamelessly betray her father's legacy for leverage against DH who took care of her Qiushui poisoning numerous times and helping her leave Xuyang's own machinations.

DH didn't bring Chong Lin since he intended Xiao Bai to take care of him. As for what he feels, he doesn't say so in words, but his actions were doing the talking. Jielu, Fuzi, Meng Shao, even Junou knows. When he entered the dream realm, everybody who had seen knew how serious he is with FJ.  He knows how he feels given that he's now following (stalking) her where she goes, even exchanges living quarters with XY.

Only JH belittled that sacrificial act of DH. <_< She called it luck. 

Hmm, I'm puzzled, you're in Ep28 but you're discussing the pimpon fruit prize replaced by peaches? That happened in Ep34. 

I already know how the story goes. I’m just watching the episodes in full now.

Meng Shao mentioned the peaches were inferior, and I agree. 
feng Jiu is actually smarter than Fuzi in this subject...

i actually feel bad that Junuo is being deceived by her son but then I remember her harsh punishment on Feng Jiu and XY, and I’m ok. It’s her own fault for never investigating:

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Except he didn’t want to switch houses with XY immediately. 

3 hours ago, Megan said:

i actually feel bad that Junuo is being deceived by her son but then I remember her harsh punishment on Feng Jiu and XY, and I’m ok. It’s her own fault for never investigating:

Actually, there's a feud between Qing Qiu and Fanyin Valley, courtesy of Jingwei, the bird mount of Bai Zhen. Her identity as the Qing Qiu monarch is better not revealed.

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Except he didn’t want to switch houses with XY immediately. 

Would it have had as much impact if DH immediately dangled the Ji Heng carrot to Xiao Yan? Remember, the guy is used to wrapping up things neatly. It had taken some days, but FJ has no leverage to object when DH changed places, and XY is happy to go that he would live in the same courtyard as JH. 

Jiuge's reputation would have been in tatters if DH immediately exchanged places, not to mention how loud XY is when he arrived - called him ice face in front of Fuzi and the other students.

• Insightful 1