[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Watching this makes me a little worried about how Pillow Book is going to turn out :confounded:

I already knew that there's little reason to invest a lot into Pillow Book because the fan base is already so large 
But now I'm scared the quality isn't going to good as I'd hoped! Oh no! 
Gonna keep my fingers crossed that it turns out okay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Thank youu :kiss_wink:Hmm...is there a scene where FengJiu is pushed in the water by Zhihe in the novel? I can't seem to remember. I have the impression they made Zhihe in the drama even more evil than she is in the novel, which i don't mind at all :joy: i also like the decorum of Dijun's palace. I think it looks better than in TMOPB. the drama doesn t seem low budget to me which makes me verry happy. I didn't want a low budget drama like The Untamed :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Thank youu :kiss_wink:Hmm...is there a scene where FengJiu is pushed in the water by Zhihe in the novel? I can't seem to remember. I have the impression they made Zhihe in the drama even more evil than she is in the novel, which i don't mind at all :joy: i also like the decorum of Dijun's palace. I think it looks better than in TMOPB. the drama doesn t seem low budget to me which makes me verry happy. I didn't want a low budget drama like The Untamed :)

~But the girl in her memory had only been a lowly maid at Taichen Palace.  
In those juvenile days she couldn’t stop herself from being jealous of such a 
stunning servant.  Fearing even Donghua would be bewitched if he saw 
her beauty, she did everything she could to prevent them from meeting 
one another.  Secretly, she had given the maid many a hard time; 
sometimes she had been downright cruel. ~

Yes not in particular but they did mention it.

I'm here wondering how the Aranya arc will accommodate Vengo as both Chenye and Xize when FengJiu falls into the formation. Remember the scene where he got jealous of Chen Ye? 

6 hours ago, rapo65 said:

I'm guessing they will give more screen time for Zhi he to promote her since she is also from Jaywalk. And more filler scenes since its 60 eps ?

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, rapo65 said:

From what I've seen of leaked videos, the settings all looks great!! Super happy for that!
Honestly (and weirdly enough) I'm most worried about the make-up :sweatingbullets: ...
I watched the Untamed and the make-up at times was killing me!! In Ashes of Love as well, sometimes it was just so cakey (or the lips were overly colored) I couldn't focus on the story, it was so distracting! I'm hoping the characters look as natural as they did in TMOPB
Also crossing my fingers that the special effects are as nice as Ashes of Love

I'd be over the moon!!! :lol:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aryamine said:

~But the girl in her memory had only been a lowly maid at Taichen Palace.  
In those juvenile days she couldn’t stop herself from being jealous of such a 
stunning servant.  Fearing even Donghua would be bewitched if he saw 
her beauty, she did everything she could to prevent them from meeting 
one another.  Secretly, she had given the maid many a hard time; 
sometimes she had been downright cruel. ~

Yes not in particular but they did mention it.

I'm here wondering how the Aranya arc will accommodate Vengo as both Chenye and Xize when FengJiu falls into the formation. Remember the scene where he got jealous of Chen Ye? 

Yes, indeed, i was wondering the same. maybe they will use a different actor for Chenye?! Or maybe they changed the arc so they will not include this part. But i wouldn t like if they modified too much the story.

17 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

I'm guessing they will give more screen time for Zhi he to promote her since she is also from Jaywalk. And more filler scenes since its 60 eps ?

As far as i understood, the actress that is playing Zhihe was supposed to play the role of FengJiu, because se bought the rights for that role. Considering she is not playing FengJiu anymore, she will have a lot of screentime to make up for the loss of her role. I hope she delivers tbh. I think the story is enough for 60 eps, don't you think? But let's wait and see how they modified the story, because for sure they made some changes:)

4 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

From what I've seen of leaked videos, the settings all looks great!! Super happy for that!
Honestly (and weirdly enough) I'm most worried about the make-up :sweatingbullets: ...
I watched the Untamed and the make-up at times was killing me!! In Ashes of Love as well, sometimes it was just so cakey (or the lips were overly colored) I couldn't focus on the story, it was so distracting! I'm hoping the characters look as natural as they did in TMOPB
Also crossing my fingers that the special effects are as nice as Ashes of Love

I'd be over the moon!!! :lol:

Its because they filmed during summer, I remember Yangzi said its really hot and she have to keep crying even her eyelashes fall off :lol:

Pillow book is filmed from summer to fall so lets hope the make up is good :sweatingbullets: 

1 hour ago, rapo65 said:

As far as i understood, the actress that is playing Zhihe was supposed to play the role of FengJiu, because se bought the rights for that role. Considering she is not playing FengJiu anymore, she will have a lot of screentime to make up for the loss of her role. I hope she delivers tbh. I think the story is enough for 60 eps, don't you think? But let's wait and see how they modified the story, because for sure they made some changes:)

No the actress that bought the rights for Pillow book played Jiheng the Demon princess. Zhi he is Donghua's foster parents daughter.

Ji Heng

https://mydramalist.com/people/1604-liu-angel

Zhi he

https://mydramalist.com/people/15142-wang-yi-fei

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

No the actress that bought the rights for Pillow book played Jiheng the Demon princess. Zhi he is Donghua's foster parents daughter.

Sorry, i messed up the people:joy: i am curious how much screen time will have the actress that bought the rights, as she is playing Jiheng. I wonder if they will follow the same pattern as in the book, or they will show us more, including things that weren't in the book. Considering how many changes there were in the untamed, for sure the script for Pillow book will be changed as well. 

• LOL 2

8 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Yes, indeed, i was wondering the same. maybe they will use a different actor for Chenye?! Or maybe they changed the arc so they will not include this part. But i wouldn t like if they modified too much the story.

From what I gather from the leaked footage, I'm pretty sure they have Chen Ye in the story and Vengo Gao will be playing him.
Definitely a little skeptical how this would work out. Honestly, I would've preferred a different actor to play him.
So it'll be 2 Vengo faces, one with black hair (ChenYe) and one with white hair (DH)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, rapo65 said:

Sorry, i messed up the people:joy: i am curious how much screen time will have the actress that bought the rights, as she is playing Jiheng. I wonder if they will follow the same pattern as in the book, or they will show us more, including things that weren't in the book. Considering how many changes there were in the untamed, for sure the script for Pillow book will be changed as well. 

OOOooooo I really hope they show us more!! But only if it adds to the story. :lol:

For sure they'll add a bit after the book ending, because all us fans would die if it just ended there haha (I know I wanted more!)
I'm most curious as to what they'll add for Bai Zhen and Cheng Yu because they aren't really in the books
I'm sure Cheng Yu and Lian Song will probably be a side couple...but maybe BaiZhen will take up some of Ye Hua's role??
On another note, I just noticed on MyDramaList it says the screenwriter is also worked on TMOPB! Great! Now I have high hopesss!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

From what I gather from the leaked footage, I'm pretty sure they have Chen Ye in the story and Vengo Gao will be playing him.
Definitely a little skeptical how this would work out. Honestly, I would've preferred a different actor to play him.
So it'll be 2 Vengo faces, one with black hair (ChenYe) and one with white hair (DH)

Woaa..so strange to see 2 Vengo faces, with a different colour of hair :w00t: don't forget we have the human realm arc also, were there is another Vengo with dark hair :joy: 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

I'm most curious as to what they'll add for Bai Zhen and Cheng Yu because they aren't really in the books
I'm sure Cheng Yu and Lian Song will probably be a side couple...but maybe BaiZhen will take up some of Ye Hua's role??
On another note, I just noticed on MyDramaList it says the screenwriter is also worked on TMOPB! Great! Now I have high hopesss!

well, as in most chinese dramas, we need a side couple, so like you said, it will probably be Cheng Yu and Lian Song. Cheng Yu could be Feng Jiu's friend in heaven, like in TMOPB. As for Bai Zhen, I have no idea whatsoever. 

If it's the same screenwriter as in TMOPB, then i have no worries. For sure we will get a more than decent written script, maybe even better than the original script.

• Like 1

Woaa..so strange to see 2 Vengo faces, with a different colour of hair :w00t: don't forget we have the human realm arc also, were there is another Vengo with dark hair :joy: 

Vengo play 4 characters as Crown prince, Chen Ye, Donghua and there's also Xize :lol: 

Reba as Crown princess , Aranya, Fengjiu..I think it really interesting bc I wanted to know Vengo/Reba's credibility to play every each characters .

@midnight_museI feel so relief Vengo play all characters since Reba also play all the characters especially Aranya bc I didn't want to or have to watch lovey dovey scenes between Donghua and Aranya who isn't Reba..

• Like 2

well, as in most chinese dramas, we need a side couple, so like you said, it will probably be Cheng Yu and Lian Song. Cheng Yu could be Feng Jiu's friend in heaven, like in TMOPB. As for Bai Zhen, I have no idea whatsoever. 

If it's the same screenwriter as in TMOPB, then i have no worries. For sure we will get a more than decent written script, maybe even better than the original script.

I think you are right..side couple most probably would be Liansong /ChengYu  IF not ChenYe/Aranya bc in the book ChenYe/Aranya was one of the main stories beside DongFeng.

As for the screen/scripts I have high hopes bc TangQi an Author of Pillow Book herself was one of the script writers in this drama..

• Like 3