[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

47 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

No, I hadn't! :lol: Thanks for pointing that one out! They must have had a hoot on set :D

They didn't have as much BTS compared to TMOPB, but they've good camaraderie in-between takes. :D Most of them already worked with each other several times, and it helps they're good friends outside the sets.

• Where's My Oppa? 1

Watched a clip about the bamboo house blueprints. We know Feng Jiu planned on giving Dong Hua his own room in the event she kicks him out of hers. But this is in her own kingdom.

what about in Taichen Palace? She can’t kick him out of the palace. She stays in his bedroom. So if they fight, will Feng Jiu move to GG’s room, or just appropriate a guest bedroom and make it her own?

2 hours ago, Megan said:

Watched a clip about the bamboo house blueprints. We know Feng Jiu planned on giving Dong Hua his own room in the event she kicks him out of hers. But this is in her own kingdom.

what about in Taichen Palace? She can’t kick him out of the palace. She stays in his bedroom. So if they fight, will Feng Jiu move to GG’s room, or just appropriate a guest bedroom and make it her own?

You said so yourself, she stays in the same room in Tai Chen even when they have a tiff. ^_^ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Or she'll change into her fox form and curl up outside some place not to far away...

But DJ will good heartedly carry her back to their bedroom I'm sure...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

21 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

They didn't have as much BTS compared to TMOPB, but they've good camaraderie in-between takes. :D Most of them already worked with each other several times, and it helps they're good friends outside the sets.

Yes, it's almost funny when you see these familiar faces pop up in different drama's together. :lol: 

• Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Yes, it's almost funny when you see these familiar faces pop up in different drama's together. :lol: 

It's so nice that FJ, DH, most of the Bai family, LS, and most of all, SM were reprised by the same actors. :D XY too as the twin of Zhilan in TMOPB. :lol: But especially Si Ming, as he's the most distinctive voice of them all. 

:issohappy:

• Wiggle 1

How do you think DongFeng spend time in their happily ever after? Let’s face it, FJ will be busy catching up on her studies. GG will be studying too. Dong Hua would be...learning Feng Jiu’s handwriting. 
GG will learn to cook from FJ and see DH sneak kisses in between.

DH still fishes while Feng Jiu is still studying. Poor girl.

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, Megan said:

How do you think DongFeng spend time in their happily ever after? Let’s face it, FJ will be busy catching up on her studies. GG will be studying too. Dong Hua would be...learning Feng Jiu’s handwriting. 

I don't think studying is everything haha or studying for a long period of time. Otherwise DH will feel she's ignoring him. One can loose distraction (speaking from experience). I would think DH and FJ could spend more time with their son/children. Family bonding is important! Maybe they'll take their son to a night fair, markets perhaps, or visiting FJ's family. A family vacation? Dh and FJ still have a honeymoon after their wedding. I think perhaps FJ can share some of Qing Qiu cultures as well. Whatever it is we can leave it to our imagination knowing that they're happy together ;))

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Megan said:

After what they went through, I rather think they will adjust the timings of their own personal matters to attend to, so that they can always all have plenty of time together. 

FJ may still be studying, but it can be that a) she actually goes to school, b) she learns though private tutors, c) she does distance learning, supervised by DH no less. :lol: Who knows, DH might create another version of Miaohua mirror for her lectures! :D

Anyhow, we'll surely see more of DH and FJ in Lotus Steps' immortal arc, since one was half-raised in Tai Chen Palace, while the other is besties with the Empress.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Anyhow, we'll surely see more of DH and FJ in Lotus Steps' immortal arc, since one was half-raised in Tai Chen Palace, while the other is besties with the Empress.

Cheng Yu is only BFF with Feng Jiu in ELOD. She’s not mentioned much in the book itself as a friend of Feng Jiu’s.

currentky watching episode 17, regarding the love trial, would you rather have it happen by:

1) being falsely accused and sentenced only for the emperor to live in regret forever

2) cheat on the emperor and break his heart

I’ll be honest. I’d rather do the first bit. At least then I would have done nothing wrong. And poor Qingti could be spared.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Megan said:

Cheng Yu is only BFF with Feng Jiu in ELOD. She’s not mentioned much in the book itself as a friend of Feng Jiu’s.

currentky watching episode 17, regarding the love trial, would you rather have it happen by:

1) being falsely accused and sentenced only for the emperor to live in regret forever

2) cheat on the emperor and break his heart

I’ll be honest. I’d rather do the first bit. At least then I would have done nothing wrong. And poor Qingti could be spared.

It's one of the nice changes in ELOD, given that BQ wasn't there much in the drama except for the wedding. Many of her portions in the book were divided to Bai Zhen, Si Ming, Zhe Yan, and Cheng Yu.

I say it's also smart marketing for the 3rd book, and hopefully, possible 3rd drama of 3L3W universe. It's similar to FJ in TMOPB. In the book she's also scarcely there, but she has good exposure in the drama adaptation. 

It's not farfetched though that they are eventually friends, since CY looked after Ali as well. Plus, given what's in the Lotus Steps' mortal arc, CY must be FJ's lost twin or sibling when it comes to inviting troubles or doing mischiefs. :lol:

As for what FJ could have done in Ep17, she did both - purposely betray SXR and embarrass the state - by running away with YQ on her wedding and crowning day. Sadly, Qingti is inevitably part of it as he's also fallen for FJ.

Finished episode 17. Loved it!

1) how does Prince Ying even have loyal allies? He isn’t the nicest boss And keeps killing allies once they have failed. And besides, he wasn’t much of an ally to Jiheng if his poisoning got her implicated.

2) I feel a bit sorry for Chu Wan. She was trying to repay her debt. Though anyone else would say there are other ways beyond stealing a national treasure that ensures the safety of a small kingdom! And for someone who is about to go to jail and whose friend just died, why the heck are you focusing on whether Xuanren actually had feelings for you? Of course he never had feelings for you. You had to be sick or pitiful before he even had to take notice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

1) how does Prince Ying even have loyal allies? He isn’t the nicest boss And keeps killing allies once they have failed. And besides, he wasn’t much of an ally to Jiheng if his poisoning got her implicated

Prince Ying is only loyal to Prince Ying, and his goons are sticking with him for their own ambitions. Like he does, they'll also betray anyone when they're in a bind.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

2) I feel a bit sorry for Chu Wan. She was trying to repay her debt. Though anyone else would say there are other ways beyond stealing a national treasure that ensures the safety of a small kingdom!

She fell for Nie Chuyin's story. But seriously, she could have had asked how a "parent's gem" became another state's national treasure.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

And for someone who is about to go to jail and whose friend just died, why the heck are you focusing on whether Xuanren actually had feelings for you? Of course he never had feelings for you. You had to be sick or pitiful before he even had to take notice.

The "attention/praises should be all mine" is rearing its ugly head. Amnesia or not, that self-centred trait of hers is a constant, albeit in varying degrees. 

• Like 1

Hello all,

I’m new here and I’ve been lurking reading all the messages from page 1 :)  I’ve watched and read TPB multiple times and just can’t get enough of it.  I’m now trying to watch new shows but always end up coming back to my fav episodes :p  currently watching Love and Redemption and notice DH voice actor as the new ML.  The FL voice actor sounds like FJ too...does anyone think so?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diana L said:

Hello all,

I’m new here and I’ve been lurking reading all the messages from page 1 :)  I’ve watched and read TPB multiple times and just can’t get enough of it.  I’m now trying to watch new shows but always end up coming back to my fav episodes :p  currently watching Love and Redemption and notice DH voice actor as the new ML.  The FL voice actor sounds like FJ too...does anyone think so?

Hi there, nice to meet you! :) Glad to know you both enjoyed watching the drama and reading the book. Hope you enjoy the contents of the forum as well. It was quite a journey from page 1! ^_^

About the voices, it's common practice in Cdramas to have a voice actor or actress dubbing the dialogues, usually to conform with the standard spoken Mandarin. Since the actors and actresses are from different places, it's inevitable that their local accent may carry over to the way they deliver their scripts. :) In TMOPB and TPB, Si Ming actor is one of those that doesn't need dubbing.

Yeh I’ve been reading the previous post and only realize from here that cdrama uses voice actors.  I never knew until now! Lol  I’m trying to enjoy new Cdramas and it’s nice to have the same voice actors.  I just need to close my eyes and imagine DH and FJ reincarnated :p

Edited by Diana L
  • Like 2

I’m too addicted to Tang Qi stories.  I’ve attempted to read Lotus Step through google translate but it’s giving me a headache trying to understand but still pulling through the bad English.  I hope our translators can get some chapters up for us soon.  Thank you in advance for all the hard work!

PS: is it bad that I’m reading the story about LS and CY but when DH is mentioned I get too excited? :hwaiting2:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Does anyone have any good recommendation on c-drama similar to ELOD? I watch some many ELOD that I begin to memorize the lines haha. Such an addicting drama! During the quarantine (still am in it). I watch many c-drama like Ashes of Love, the Untamed, Story of Yanxi, rewatch ten miles of peach blossom, Ice fantasy, A love so Beautiful, Meteor Garden, the King's woman, The Flame's daughter, Love Designer, Sweet Dreams, and even love & Destiny. But seriously ELOD I can't get it off my mind! Worth the 2 years wait!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

16 minutes ago, Diana L said:

I’m too addicted to Tang Qi stories.  I’ve attempted to read Lotus Step through google translate but it’s giving me a headache trying to understand but still pulling through the bad English.  I hope our translators can get some chapters up for us soon.  Thank you in advance for all the hard work!

PS: is it bad that I’m reading the story about LS and CY but when DH is mentioned I get too excited? 

Tang Qi's novels just reaches out and makes one feel what's the character going through. ^_^

Auto-translated texts are difficult to understand in some portions, as it's not like reading as is. One must slow down, even repeat, hahahah, to get the gist of it.  

I was breathless at the middle and later chapters of Lotus Steps first 24 chapters. And gosh, even in crappy auto-translated texts, there should be tissues nearby while reading some sections.

DH is like that special child here, hahaha. We actually get more facets of his character in Lotus Steps too. I especially like just how close Lian Song and Dong Hua are. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Khue N said:

Does anyone have any good recommendation on c-drama similar to ELOD? I watch some many ELOD that I begin to memorize the lines haha. Such an addicting drama! During the quarantine (still am in it). I watch many c-drama like Ashes of Love, the Untamed, Story of Yanxi, rewatch ten miles of peach blossom, Ice fantasy, A love so Beautiful, Meteor Garden, the King's woman, The Flame's daughter, Love Designer, Sweet Dreams, and even love & Destiny. But seriously ELOD I can't get it off my mind! Worth the 2 years wait!

It looks like you're into wuxia / xianxia dramas (me too!) and have similar taste in the ones that you've watched. I don't know how long you've been watching dramas, but a few of the slightly older ones, if you haven't already seen them, that were very popular and that I find myself going back to are General and I (based on a book that's been fully translated into English!), Princess Weiyoung, and Prince of Lanling. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1