[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 hours ago, Megan said:

Feng Jiu was human then, I don’t think that counts as hunting. I call it attempted murder.

According to a website, Buddhists adopt a sympathetic attitude to animals. The whole don’t give others the same treatment you dislike. 
now I’m confused because this makes me think they are vegetarians

no offense to any Buddhists present!

My BF is a Buddhist "practioner" He rarely eats meat (only when offered a meal at someone else's place, for instance) It's not a must to be a vegetarian. Alot of Buddhist do eat meat on occasion. But Buddhism encompasses a variety of beliefs, practices and traditions. :) 

Question: Does anyone know why Cheng Yu is called  "Lord"? 

(Why do my posts keep getting merged?)

Regarding Zi He... it really baffles me how much of an idiot she is. I mean, FJ is so much younger but posesses so much more poise, wit and bravery. 

It makes me wonder what she does all day...:huh: Not just her, but most female deities are basically useless. How on earth or heaven do they survive their trials? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Question: Does anyone know why Cheng Yu is called  "Lord"? 

They are called "Lord" whether males or females, because they are immortals or deities that have control, powers or authority above others.

Personal opinion, I like that she's called Lord. Lady doesn't sound as right in their setting. :lol:

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

They are called "Lord" whether males or females, because they are immortals or deities that have control, powers or authority above others.

Personal opinion, I like that she's called Lord. Lady doesn't sound as right in their setting. :lol:

Ah I see, thank you for clarifying!

• Where's My Oppa? 1

51 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

(Why do my posts keep getting merged?)

The recent updates to the site merges comments if posted one after another within 30min(?) by the same person. 

54 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Regarding Zi He... it really baffles me how much of an idiot she is. I mean, FJ is so much younger but posesses so much more poise, wit and bravery. 

It makes me wonder what she does all day...:huh: Not just her, but most female deities are basically useless. How on earth or heaven do they survive their trials? 

Zhi He's a water goddess under Lian Song's authority. If you noticed, she's only addressed as Princess but never Lord. On the other hand, Cheng Yu is called a Lord as she looks after the Jade Pond and the lotuses.

According to DH, in EP32 and in PB1 p266, Zhi He said she didn't need to learn anything because he was was already there for her. Compared to FJ who was taught swordsmanship by Bai Yi (PB1 p226) aside from being let free to gain experiences.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 3:41 PM, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think Dong Hua would have done to Moye for telling Feng Jiu snake venom is beneficial not a love potion?

Im not sure he would have killed Mo Shao or fed him fish. Something else.

I think DH would have sent Moye off on an errand. Something that will cause Moye a great deal of discomfort!

10 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

I have absolutely no respect for ZH. The way she bullies the weak and have this entitled attitude is do off putting. 

It can be argued that she is spoilt, but I feel her personality is shown here, especially when she have absolutely no remorse for hurting others. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:41 AM, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think Dong Hua would have done to Moye for telling Feng Jiu snake venom is beneficial not a love potion?

Im not sure he would have killed Mo Shao or fed him fish. Something else.

DH won't kill him for telling FJ that water serpent blood isn't poisonous. He'll just make SMY really, really work hard with something called Miaohua mirror, modified smaller edition. Leave him in Xi Ze's palace for days while he stays with FJ.

:coolshades:

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

DH won't kill him for telling FJ that water serpent blood isn't poisonous. He'll just make SMY really, really work hard with something called Miaohua mirror, modified smaller edition. Leave him in Xi Ze's palace for days while he stays with FJ.

:coolshades:

He already did that even without knowing Feng Jiu knows he lied about being poisoned.

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

He already did that even without knowing Feng Jiu knows he lied about being poisoned.

It's leverage of sorts against SMY. Other than make him extremely uncomfortable for his slip of the tongue, coz he'd have known something's brewing between DH Xi Ze and FJ, why would DH punish him if he can use him without any fuss?

It's already a punishment that SMY's walking on eggshells, sweating at the thoughts of what ifs should his unguarded talk causes this unique courtship of the Emperor to fall apart. :lol:

At DH's age and what he was, he's way past being petty and unreasonable since it is out of his control what FJ asks others. He doesn't even have to do anything at all. ^_^

Megan, it doesn't always have to be an intended act of retribution against somebody. You've already won when the other person is eaten up by guilt, and in remorse will make it up to you whatever way it would please you.

41 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

At DH's age and what he was, he's way past being petty and unreasonable since it is out of his control what FJ asks others. He doesn't even have to do anything at all. ^_^

Megan, it doesn't always have to be an intended act of retribution against somebody. You've already won when the other person is eaten up by guilt, and in remorse will make it up to you whatever way it would please you.

Oh DH can definitely still be petty at this age. Just ask Xiao Yan.

i am reminded of Drake and Josh. They were petrified at what Megan would do to them, having had too much exposure to her cruel pranks. In the end, her torture was to make them agonise over the potential outcomes...and then spring a surprise trap door when they let their guard down at last.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

Oh DH can definitely still be petty at this age. Just ask Xiao Yan.

Xiao Yan and Su Moye have very different dynamics with Dong Hua. 

One is downright rude to him, has challenged him to duels repeatedly and has stolen the soul locking jade. He was also suspected of "stealing" the baby fox in the past. In a way DH was kind of right with the "stealing" had he known who was the baby fox and who'd be her close friend later at Fanyin Valley.

Su Moye has his own motives too, and has attempted to manipulate the situation of FJ losing memory and DH unaware that the primordial spirit of FJ is in Aranya's body instead of in Junou's womb. He has become remorseful later though, and served DH the best way he could in Aranya's dream. Which was rewarded later on by learning what exactly happened to Aranya.

If DH's petty with XY, it's not without reason given their past history. XY was still fortunate that he wasn't offed by DH even before meeting FJ.

4 hours ago, Megan said:

i am reminded of Drake and Josh. They were petrified at what Megan would do to them, having had too much exposure to her cruel pranks. In the end, her torture was to make them agonise over the potential outcomes...and then spring a surprise trap door when they let their guard down at last.

Whoever they are, they already had a clue on the past treatment. 

That's a different story though. Your description is about repeated cycles of cruel pranks and bullying, with the two endlessly speculating what's the next thing Megan will do to them. 

There is no such cycle between SMY and DH. SMY was in the dream arc to assist and serve, not to carry out his own machinations to find out how Aranya really died. He might have been made to work hard continuously for the mirror, but he got the answers he wanted, even viewed how it happened. 

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

If she is a demon, she must know the demon princess’ name.

oh, and I finished episode 14. Everything was perfect until the feast.

She's a mortal maid that looks like Minsu. Didn't turn into dust after she slashed her neck.

There were no response from both when FJ softly said Ji Heng's name. For Ji Heng it's understandable. For Lin Xiang it's either she didn't hear or she doesn't know whose name is Ji Heng nor its significance.

• Thanks 1

And why is he so anxious about the sword blueprints when Chu Wan brings him soup?

It’s official. Jiheng is vain. We’ve seen her crying in front of a mirror, grooming her amnesiac self under Lord Nie’s care, and then musing over Xuanren’s nightmare of Xiao Jiu dying in front of a mirror. Has this girl never seen a window? Or paintings? Can’t she sit in front of something else for a change?

43 minutes ago, Megan said:

By the way, what exactly is Xuanren doing with those wooden tablets? Writing memorials?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Megan said:

And why is he so anxious about the sword blueprints when Chu Wan brings him soup?

I'd say it's trust issues. Chu Wan was suddenly presented to him as a bride when they were victorious in their last war over the other state. That's why he then told his eunuch that concubines do not have to go in his study.

• Insightful 1

Finished episode 15. Didn’t enjoy it as much as i expected.

jiheng proves to be more dislikable with her vanity and petty sulking that Xuanren obviously cares more for Xiao Jiu. Sheesh. You don’t even like him that way. Why do you have to be the favorite? 
i admit Xuanren’s actions disappointed me. He could have tried solving the case too, in secret, instead of letting Qingti solve it alone. And for crying out loud, why are you getting distracted when the love of your life is in a freakin cell?!! Who listens to music by the lake, when someone you love is imprisoned and about to be executed?

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

Finished episode 15. Didn’t enjoy it as much as i expected.

jiheng proves to be more dislikable with her vanity and petty sulking that Xuanren obviously cares more for Xiao Jiu. Sheesh. You don’t even like him that way. Why do you have to be the favorite? 

SMY explained it best in Aranya's dream: time and seasons would change, but the heart rarely changes. JH may be Chu Wan now and without memories of being demon realm's princess and their rare beauty, but she still likes being praised, ergo, center of attention.

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

i admit Xuanren’s actions disappointed me. He could have tried solving the case too, in secret, instead of letting Qingti solve it alone. And for crying out loud, why are you getting distracted when the love of your life is in a freakin cell?!! Who listens to music by the lake, when someone you love is imprisoned and about to be executed?

It's often a dilemma of the people at the top. SXR has to be the emperor first and foremost for everyone, and thus must be neutral. It won't do good for FJ if he also investigated. She will not be truly exonerated if SXR's own findings doesn't find her guilty. It's better that another person did independently.

Neither can SXR let his personal feelings and problems hinder his duties - that includes paying attention to his harem.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, Megan said:

His actions are perfectly understandable for an Emperor, even one deeply in love. I don't think he could do more to be honest, not even in "secret." He did what he could and was hurting because he couldn't do more; as Emperor he has to remain neutral even if it's only from the outset.

XJ/FJ wasn't "helping" her case much either; she couldn't tell them her hometown (where she said the flower she used grows), so she remained silent. 

It's not like he attended a celebration- rather he was drawn in by JH's "sheme," playing the Qin for her deceased mother on her memorial day. He too lost his mother the day he was born, and JH used it to draw him in, receive his compassion. He made a promise to spend this day with her (her birthday), so I think in part it was due to obligation and perhaps a few minutes of respite for his heavy heart? Then again there hasn't been a moment when he has stopped worrying about Xiao Jiu...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1