[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

i just completed watching LnD's fist 6 episodes. Story line is weak, poorly developed and ridiculous characters overall. Some seriously  bad and cartoonish/juvenile overacting. Other than the 2 leads - the other actors are forgettable with over-exaggerated personalities (or is it the overacting, or both that makes it excruciatingly hard to stomach!?!?). Am already skipping to episode 14 I like Nini's acting but good acting cannot hold a weakly scripted show together. The CGI is really great - that's all about it. I can't wait for this show to end and for the Pillow Book to begin.

• Insightful 3

1 hour ago, mundane9 said:

i just completed watching LnD's fist 6 episodes. Story line is weak, poorly developed and ridiculous characters overall. Some seriously  bad and cartoonish/juvenile overacting. Other than the 2 leads - the other actors are forgettable with over-exaggerated personalities (or is it the overacting, or both that makes it excruciatingly hard to stomach!?!?). Am already skipping to episode 14 I like Nini's acting but good acting cannot hold a weakly scripted show together. The CGI is really great - that's all about it. I can't wait for this show to end and for the Pillow Book to begin.

Really? Too bad :dissapointed_relieved:..i had high hopes for this production. Chang Chen + Nini + the same team behind TMOPB sounded like a great combination, that will surpass TMOPB. Idk..maybe it will get better?! I am waiting for it to finish, then i will start watching. 

Meanwhile, we have another 3 great dramas that are competing with LAD: Novoland, Longest day in Changan and The untamed. Can't wait to watch these also :)

I watched 2 eps of Love and destiny and kinda disappointed, I've said it before but I'm not a fan of the CGI/bright filter of TMOPB. I hope Pillow Book's CGI is not like this.

I like the tone for the stills thats released so far so praying that it wont be like TMOPB :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

23 hours ago, rapo65 said:

OMG GIRLS, PILLOW BOOK IS COMING ON VIKI!!! That means good video quality and subs :heart:

https://www.viki.com/tv/35822c-three-lives-three-worlds-the-pillow-book

Let's hope they will really air it and not do like they did with Love and destiny, the bastards.

I'm following the PB channel on Viki since the beginning and OMG I`M SO HAPPY NOW ~
I really like this platform, we can have good quality video and support from community to sub to several languages.

For the moment, I'm going to watch LD, Nini is great (Rise of the phoenixes is awesome), but I lowered my expectations for this drama after read the comments :/

• Love 1

4 hours ago, yoyom15 said:

For the moment, I'm going to watch LD, Nini is great (Rise of the phoenixes is awesome), but I lowered my expectations for this drama after read the comments :/

http://maplestage.com/show/宸汐緣 here are all the episodes aired till now, in case you want to watch them raw :blush:

meeeh...i had soo many expectations towards this drama and all these comments about how the drama is not so good are making me sad :bawling: buuuuuut, if anybody dares to say smth bad about pillow book, when it will air, i will spank him! :joy::joy: inevitably pillow book will be compared to TMOPB and i hope the drama will not receive a lot of hate.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, rapo65 said:

http://maplestage.com/show/宸汐緣 here are all the episodes aired till now, in case you want to watch them raw :blush:

meeeh...i had soo many expectations towards this drama and all these comments about how the drama is not so good are making me sad :bawling: buuuuuut, if anybody dares to say smth bad about pillow book, when it will air, i will spank him! :joy::joy: inevitably pillow book will be compared to TMOPB and i hope the drama will not receive a lot of hate.

I would take them with a grain of salt. Different people are going to like different things and make their opinions based on their tastes.

Also, I found TMOPB hard to get into at first. I was almost going to drop it, until Feng Jiu showed up, and regained my interest. Some dramas just take a while to get those gears moving. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, aprincessofmars said:

I would take them with a grain of salt. Different people are going to like different things and make their opinions based on their tastes.

Also, I found TMOPB hard to get into at first. I was almost going to drop it, until Feng Jiu showed up, and regained my interest. Some dramas just take a while to get those gears moving. 

Agreed, thats happened with me too. Different people have different tastes. Like Love 020 that is so popular, if the Main lead is not Yang yang I think the story itself is so bland :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Like Love 020 that is so popular, if the Main lead is not Yang yang I think the

Omg, i also think Love 020 is extremely overrated. Soo boring it was the drama..i couldn't finish it. And yang yang can't act at all..i think people are watching his dramas only because he is good looking. 

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

On 7/16/2019 at 1:37 PM, linh5000 said:

does anybody know how the main characters from L&D related to 10000 Miles and Pillow book? I don't remember this book from original author.

I read the author's works - this story line is neither part of the original author's work nor part of the TMOPB 'franchise'. I could be wrong but I don't remember TangQi writing this story/sequel. If it is - I would love a link to the original Chinese edition if possible. It must have been recent because I started reading the Pillow Book after discovering TMOPB. 

3 hours ago, elsanna said:

Can't agree anymore about love 020:phew: no offence to its fans:rolleyes: moreover I watched it for their second couple who were....sidelined:bawling:

Me too ~
Funny couple 

16 hours ago, aprincessofmars said:

Yesss, I kept watching because of the good reviews  :tounge_wink: 

I watched the first ep of Love and Destiny - thanks rapo65 :) - Good CGI (better than TMOPB hehe) but too much overacting for my taste (that voice of nini's father lol). I will give a chance but I hope not get the feeling that "nothing happens" in this storyline, like the new Legend of White Snake ( I drop it in episode 15 I think) because the main couple never are in real danger, do you understand what I mean? (sorry I'm not a native english speaker) They are too smart and nothing can break them up... Love020 was like that too. 

Btw, I'm watching Ashes of Love, because it's the same director of Pillow Book. I liked the fighting scenes, he uses practical effects and less CGI, but the storyline seems a bit slow to me (I'm in the mortal realm part).
But, I liked it, I think the director will do a good work in PB :blush:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, yoyom15 said:

I watched the first ep of Love and Destiny - thanks rapo65 :) - Good CGI (better than TMOPB hehe) but too much overacting for my taste (that voice of nini's father lol).

Welcome darling :kiss_wink: by the way, the director from AOL is not the same with the one of Pillow book. there was some rumors at one time that it's the same one, but it's not. the mortal realm part was totally unnecessary, draggy and it doesn't bring nothing new to the story. after you finish the drama, read the novel. it's so much better :heart::blush:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/07/love-and-destiny-too-similar-to-ten.html?m=1

Speaks my mind, its too similar. I dont think chang chen is too old, but he has that villain face...like Bambi zhu who plays Xuan nu at TMOPB :sweatingbullets:

Interesting...i never thought that Chang Chen has that villain face, but now that i am looking better at him, yes, he does indeed. he has that manly, thug-ish vibe, which suited him so well in Crouching tiger hidden dragon, but unfortunately not here. maybe if he had had a different hairstyle or clothes, it would had been better. look, for example vengo gao was perfect as a god. like the role was made especially for him.

and yes, it's very similar to TMOPB. Idk...i have the feeling Pillow book will be totally different and people will complain that it's too different and they don't like it. we will see.

• Insightful 2

8 hours ago, Albert Mahendra said:

Is there will be mark chao again? Or they remove yehua character? Because i dont see any name of him in cast. Thx

@Albert MahendraUnfortunately, I haven't heard anything about him in the cast so I doubt he's gonna be in it.
In the book Yehua isn't a major character so I figure they would probably cut his character out.

10 hours ago, Albert Mahendra said:

Is there will be mark chao again? Or they remove yehua character? Because i dont see any name of him in cast. Thx

The character that Mark Chao plays only appears several times (less than 5) in the entire book so I doubt they will have him reprise his role. Even if they do, it'll probably be a bit character actor who will be doing it since MC is too famous for such a role.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:24 PM, Albert Mahendra said:

The only cameo that is confirmed for now is Yang mi as Bai Qian, Ye Hua/Mark Chao cameo's is still a rumor. 

60d63598gy1g5b6kuwa6bj22v429b4qq.jpg

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1