[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

At some point, I've thought that for quick work, post production used auto translate for the subs and just copied then uploaded without proper checking. Some are quite bad, and a word or two doesn't make sense. Nonetheless, so long that it can be understood and it matches the scene, it's still fine (for me). :) Though of course, it could have been subbed way, way better.

I second that. Happy we got English subs and could enjoy the drama. But now that it's out and comparisons can be made... and there is so much fre(m)e time i just can't help myself. ;)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, triplesung said:

I do believe that you can die from severe heartbreak. It's the same case with my great-grandparents. I also see this in a lot of the elderly who had lost their spouses during their elderly years. Some would lose their appetite. Some would have decline in mobility. Some just deteriorate.

I thought the fox clans tend to have difficult gestation or labour. So I don't think they'll have a lot after BGG. Maybe 1 or 2.

Well you forget to count DH's super genes, perhaps it would cure or ease the gestation or labour :joy:, the question is whether FJ could take it :sweat_smile:, I'll advice her to find Zhe Yan to do prevention and she has to move fast. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, chsaf said:

But don't forget Bai Zhi had 5 children :joy: so....for DH and FJ it's not impossible :naughty:

Seeing DH competitiveness, he probably want to double it, and then once Yehua saw it, he also want to compete.. And then come Lian Song..he also doesn't wanna lose :joy:, Jiuchongtian would make a new kingdom filled just with their offsprings :joy:, but let's hope not ha ha

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

4 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

I second that. Happy we got English subs and could enjoy the drama. But now that it's out and comparisons can be made... and there is so much fre(m)e time i just can't help myself. ;)

What lockdowns can do to us. :lol:

• LOL 3

4 hours ago, triplesung said:

I don't think he minds if his daughter will stay single forever. I can imagine his daughter working as a high official in some sort of military looking the most badass out of all women. No men (or women :smirk:) needed.

I  am still doubting DH real age... I don't think he is 360,000. I feel like he's older. A lot older.

If its possible for BZ, then we can confidently say DH will surpass that.

Not that she is the one who gonna replace Moyuan position once he retired. What a powerful princess she would be. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Donghuadijun said:

Seeing DH competitiveness, he probably want to double it, and then once Yehua saw it, he also want to compete.. And then come Lian Song..he also doesn't wanna lose :joy:, Jiuchongtian would make a new kingdom filled just with their offsprings :joy:, but let's hope not ha ha

This will make the ladies revolt and bolt out! No promises of kingdoms solely theirs to rule will fix it! :sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She's riling up DH :) Baby fox is back safe in Qing Qiu and DH still has no idea that his pet he neglected for days is gone for good.

Cheng Yu is upset for FJ. It's similar to Zhe Yan wanting to blow off the tiles of Tai Chen Palace after FJ arrived with broken wrist and neck wounds.

At first, I am not used with this new Zhe Yan in ELOD. I prefered the TMOPB ZY, but because ELOD ZY so badass, I fell for him :D, I am wondering if ZY and BZ gonna have a wedding as well. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Well you forget to count DH's super genes, perhaps it would cure or ease the gestation or labour :joy:, the question is whether FJ could take it :sweat_smile:, I'll advice her to find Zhe Yan to do prevention and she has to move fast. :D

I don't think this is something Zhe Yan and FJ can plan and implement without DH's knowledge or agreement. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

At first, I am not used with this new Zhe Yan in ELOD. I prefered the TMOPB ZY, but because ELOD ZY so badass, I fell for him :D, I am wondering if ZY and BZ gonna have a wedding as well. 

Don't know about that, but their vague rel is alright. :) I'm fine with both Zhe Yans. The TMOPB ZY is really uncle like to the Bais and YH, while ELOD ZY can really glare. He and Ali are no match for DH's tomfoolery though. :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Donghuadijun said:

Lol if the ladies revolt and run away, what do you think our gentlemen gonna do? :joy:

Merry chase all over again, hahaha. LOL to the gents...what gents? LOL to the pity actor, shameless weirdo, and playboy rascal if the ladies got Madam Nuwa to their side.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

She's riling up DH :) Baby fox is back safe in Qing Qiu and DH still has no idea that his pet he neglected for days is gone for good.

Cheng Yu is upset for FJ. It's similar to Zhe Yan wanting to blow off the tiles of Tai Chen Palace after FJ arrived with broken wrist and neck wounds.

But how is asking about his fox provoking/riling him up?

1 minute ago, Megan said:

But how is asking about his fox provoking/riling him up?

The fox was in time out for discipline, remember? For scratching and previously, for biting? DH was proud of his bright baby fox who became "unruly" all of a sudden. 

It wasn't really a wedding that the groom is happy. Though it's a fake - DH was real with how he felt of him forced to a marriage. He mentioned that it is sacrifice for heaven for this wedding.

Asking for the pet he was so fond of but now can not show off anymore is an added insult when he's already gloomy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

It wasn't really a wedding that the groom is happy. Though it's a fake - DH was real with how he felt of him forced to a marriage. He mentioned that it is sacrifice for heaven for this wedding.

Asking for the pet he was so fond of but now can not show off anymore is an added insult when he's already gloomy.

The only time I recall him being gloomy is when Lian Song asks him to smile.

I can only imagine what he would have done if Zhihe had not been kidnapped by Xiao Yan for about... one minute 

2 minutes ago, Megan said:

The only time I recall him being gloomy is when Lian Song asks him to smile.

I can only imagine what he would have done if Zhihe had not been kidnapped by Xiao Yan for about... one minute 

He wasn't at all smiling from receiving guest to receiving "bride". It's a farce show forced on him. His distaste is real though. Too bad Zhi He is a man grabber where DH is concerned. But good riddance of her too.

Oh yeah, at that time, JH looks down on ZH. It's likely due to her willingness to commit fraud to be married to DH. Hundreds of years later, JH will try to steal somebody's groom too. 

• Like 5

Just a note about the upcoming story Lotus Step. 

This story is about a fated pair so it will be completely different to FJ and DH.

FJ and DH is not fated, they had to work for their destiny, so it had its own tragic moments.

LS & CY are a super fated pair but still have tragedy on the way to true love haiz!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Just a note about the upcoming story Lotus Step. 

This story is about a fated pair so it will be completely different to FJ and DH.

FJ and DH is not fated, they had to work for their destiny, so it had its own tragic moments.

LS & CY are a super fated pair but still have tragedy on the way to true love haiz!!!

Prepare the tissue boxes. :) The prologue is the hint how much of a cry fest it is.

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Fengjiu quietly slid off of Donghua's body and turned and slinked back to the arena. After several steps, Dijun's voice called to her from behind: “Xiao Bai, shouldn't you at least say sorry for biting me?” In his voice, she could clearly hear his teasing tone; for someone who had just been poked fun at, to be able to so confidently speak in this way, indeed could only be Dijun. Without looking back, Fengjiu dryly said, “Sorry I've bitten you.” Donghua was silent for a moment, then suddenly softly asked, “Are you truly sorry?” Fengjiu tripped and glared back in irritation. “What do I gain from lying to you?” Donghua contemplated for a moment, then, seeming puzzled, asked, “What else can one hope to gain from lying? Isn't it for your own gratification?” Fengjiu: “... fine, you win.” (Upper volume, chapter 11)

Adapted from Hamster's version (bolded is my added translation). When I went through the original text, I wondered why she would omit all these details, they make everything so much clearer, and she probably would have done a far better job than me. And imo, this one really changed the tone of the text. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Just rewatched the scene where the ailing Dijun admits he wants to see Feng Jiu one last time.

while I love this scene, I do wish he hasn’t used the word 还 because combined with Chonglin and Lian Song’s reactions, it gives the impression that his wanting to see Feng Jiu should not be important right now.

if only we could replace the 还 with 只 or just get rid of the 还 altogether....

Hmm...now I can’t help wondering whether Dong Hua was kicking himself for not letting Cheng Yu see his pet fox. If he had known it was missing earlier, maybe he could have found it...in the kitchen roasting yams...

9 minutes ago, Megan said:

Hmm...now I can’t help wondering whether Dong Hua was kicking himself for not letting Cheng Yu see his pet fox. If he had known it was missing earlier, maybe he could have found it...in the kitchen roasting yams...

FJ's in Si Ming's home and kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1