[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

37 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I think DH gave up the mirror to Demon clan (forgot the name) in exchange of keeping JH there forever.. so now the mirror is with JHs brother and that would be the last place DH will step on after all the crap Happened coz of JH..

Its not that small mirror he created in the dream but that large waterfall version in nine heavens that was given to Xu Yang in the book.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Its not that small mirror he created in the dream but that large waterfall version in nine heavens that was given to Xu Yang in the book.

I genuinely thought they transferred that large waterfall to demon realm, if it still stays in heaven then what the point of XY specifically asking for it?? Only when it get transferred to demon realm, the Mirror can be boasted as one of the treasures of their clan..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aari sky said:

I genuinely thought they transferred that large waterfall to demon realm, if it still stays in heaven then what the point of XY specifically asking for it?? Only when it get transferred to demon realm, the Mirror can be boasted as one of the treasures of their clan..

They did move that large version to the demon clan. So that he will take his awful sister back.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He did in the book, to Xu Yang. They weren't able to hang it so they couldn't use it. Hehe.

It was the drama adaptation @Meganwas asking of though. So on what was depicted, DH did not give the mirror to the demon realm, nor are there any other mention of the smaller one, if SMY kept it. Unless that one disappeared in Aranya's dream when they left? 

In his weakened state due to poisoning, and him getting ready for ML, he might be unable to use the mirror as it will deplete his energy.

Adaptation no mirror was given away. It was still with SMY.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

I think DH gave up the mirror to Demon clan (forgot the name) in exchange of keeping JH there forever.. so now the mirror is with JHs brother and that would be the last place DH will step on after all the crap Happened coz of JH..

Miaohua Mirror is like a waterfall version that DH gave to Red Demon's clan and Miaohua Glass is DH latest "magical object" that DH created with SMY's helps in Aranya Dream and more upgraded one.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Miaohua Mirror is like a waterfall version that DH gave to Red Demon's clan and Miaohua Glass is DH latest "magical object" that DH created with SMY's helps in Aranya Dream and more upgraded one.

That is correct.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

No its not food. Gun Gun said: “不要每次说不过我就用喝西北风来威协我” 

That means he is telling his mother not to always use “drinking north west wind” to threaten him when she loses the argument with him.

“drinking west wind” means cold and hunger.

That idiomatic expression was interesting. It's kind of telling what was the life of BGG and FJ - to emphasise the importance of food and shelter that early to BGG. 

It seems too that young as BGG is, he can logically and sharply present his case so well to FJ that she resorts to the "because I said so" version of fairies. :lol:

https://chinese.stackexchange.com/questions/3486/what-is-the-origin-of-the-proverbial-phrase-drink-the-northwestern-winds

https://www.touchchinese.com/learn-chinese-online/do-you-know-the-different-kinds-of-wind-in-chinese.html

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That idiomatic expression was interesting. It's kind of telling what was the life of BGG and FJ - to emphasise the importance of food and shelter that early to BGG. 

It seems too that young as BGG is, he can logically and sharply present his case so well to FJ that she resorts to the "because I said so" version of fairies. :lol:

https://chinese.stackexchange.com/questions/3486/what-is-the-origin-of-the-proverbial-phrase-drink-the-northwestern-winds

https://www.touchchinese.com/learn-chinese-online/do-you-know-the-different-kinds-of-wind-in-chinese.html

That scene was good, he told his mother not to threaten him when she loses an argument with him.

He basically saw through her lie as he obviously did not believe her. And the way he said it, it feels like he knows mummy dearest wasn’t telling him the truth on many things.

But the bottomline is, he loves his mother deeply. It’s also very good that he is not afraid of Dong Hua at all. The Ideal Father outtake showed him even testing him to see if Dad was the Dad he always wanted in his heart.

He is a very intelligent boy.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

That scene was good, he told his mother not to threaten him when he loses an argument with him.

He basically saw through her lie as he obviously did not believe her. And the way he said it, it feels like he knows mummy dearest wasn’t telling him the truth on many things.

But the bottomline is, he loves his mother deeply. It’s also very good that he is not afraid of Dong Hua at all. The Ideal Father outtake showed him even testing him to see if Dad was the Dad he always wanted in his heart.

He'll go toe to toe against DH when it comes to mommy Jiu Jiu. :) The love rivalry has truly began brewing. :lol:

BGG had let the excuses of FJ pass for some time, because he's that intelligent, sensitive, and sensible boy - he understood without telling him that something was amiss, and mommy couldn't talk about it, yet.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

That scene was good, he told his mother not to threaten him when she loses an argument with him.

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

He'll go toe to toe against DH when it comes to mommy Jiu Jiu. :) The love rivalry has truly began brewing. :lol:

BGG had let the excuses of FJ pass for some time, because he's that intelligent, sensitive, and sensible boy - he understood without telling him that something was amiss, and mommy couldn't talk about it, yet.

BGG as an extraordinary brilliant child/toddler a child prodigy that will make everyone felt proud especially Bai's family..

I was already imagine how BGG having a serious talk with his parents about anything everything , or everytime he felt something is fishy or something he had to know from his parents.

or how he's having a conversation with his father peers MY, ZY, his great-grandpa Bai Zhi or someone close to his father such as LS, YCW, Siming..especially ZL.

PB2 page 438/439

Bai Gungun sensed that something fishy was going on, but he didn't have
any way to find out the truth. He could only suspect inwardly
. He
sincerely wished that adults in the fairy realm didn't actually fight with their children over cakes, that adults there would get up to help tuck their
children in at night, and that little fairies also had fathers. If that were the
case, he would also have a father. There had been times when he wondered
what his father would look like if he had one. He used his friends' parents
as models. Except for appearances, fathers seemed to excel more than
mothers in most aspects. If he had a father, his father would certainly be
better at cooking, his swordsmanship would also be better, he would wake
up on time, and he would never kick away the quilt. But these were only
Bai Gungun's own private thoughts. These were the things he never shared
with his mother.

PB2 page 438

Ever since he was old enough to know things, he would wake up
every night to tuck his mother in. He had always thought a son was just
born to tuck his mother in at night. Then came one year when he
discovered, while chatting with his little friends, that everyone else's family
was different from his. He came home and gave his mother a serious talk
about how their family should be like that from now on.
His mother
scratched her nose again and said that in the fairy realm, all the sons woke
up in the middle of the night to tuck their mothers in. They were mortals,
what did they know about us fairies!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

...Then came one year when he
discovered, while chatting with his little friends, that everyone else's family was different from his.He came home and gave his mother a serious talk about how their family should be like that from now on...

Sigh. The little sweetheart sensed how much different his family actually is. He'll be in for some big surprise of a very tangled family tree, but at least Ali's there, getting confused with him. :P

IMO, he's cooler and more poised than Ali. Maybe because even if they both had their early years with single parents, Ali is more pampered and had plenty of help, while BGG looked after FJ when he grew big enough to wake up at night put back her kicked quilt while sleeping.

I don't think daddy DH can tease or joke about mommy FJ in BGG's presence. :lol:

• Like 4

Do you think Dong Hua and Feng Jiu’s 200 day wedding will be mentioned in Lotus Step or Bodhi Fate?

one thing is for sure...200 wedding nights means Gun Gun is probably going to be a big Brother by next year

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Do you think Dong Hua and Feng Jiu’s 200 day wedding will be mentioned in Lotus Step or Bodhi Fate?

one thing is for sure...200 wedding nights means Gun Gun is probably going to be a big Brother by next year

The wedding might be in Lotus Steps, but IMO it will be nicer if it's Bodhi Fate so that SW can join the fun. Pregnancy news might be announced halfway through the celebration. :lol: But the new baby sibling of BGG will be born only after 3 years - that's how long it takes them.

• Like 2

Just saw clips of the last episodes. I feel grimly  satisfied whenever I see Chonglin knocked back by the shield because I still get pissed about how he lashed out at a weeping Feng Jiu.

more than that...seeing the scene about the ring...I realize that in the book, i should be angry Dong Hua took the easy way to get Xiao Bai to forgive him by using the amnesia potion. He only carved the ring later...this irks me because I doubt he would do that before the wedding... ugh.

whereas in the drama...well...Feng Jiu forgave him in Aranya’s Dream so I can’t complain about the ‘when’ Dong Hua carved his heart.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 3:55 AM, FloraImmortal said:

:lol:

Lmao...I still remember this scene in ep 42.. I'm grinning from ear to ear while watched Dongfeng's hot kiss in the cave..love it. feeling soft and sappy ...over the moon...then not long after ...a comedian DH?? make an appearance...OMG..hahahaha..:joy::joy:

PS: DH must be still feels jelly or giddy from their hot kissed. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, Megan said:

Just saw clips of the last episodes. I feel grimly  satisfied whenever I see Chonglin knocked back by the shield because I still get pissed about how he lashed out at a weeping Feng Jiu.

more than that...seeing the scene about the ring...I realize that in the book, i should be angry Dong Hua took the easy way to get Xiao Bai to forgive him by using the amnesia potion. He only carved the ring later...this irks me because I doubt he would do that before the wedding... ugh.

whereas in the drama...well...Feng Jiu forgave him in Aranya’s Dream so I can’t complain about the ‘when’ Dong Hua carved his heart.

Why should you still be pissed at ZL's outburst when they are bearing down on him while DH is fighting ML in a death match? Everybody's emotions are heightened and ZL was being forced to tell about DH's side of story to FJ.

ZL calling out weeping FJ doesn't make her any more pitiful than loyal ZL, who has been beside DH far longer than FJ. It is never easy to be the bearer of very bad news, nor to be appointed the executor of somebody's last wishes. 

Besides, so what if ZL has to lash out to get his point accross to crying FJ, didn't she do virtually the same to DH by completely disregarding what he was saying when they met? She herself noticed he was not well, that he stinks of medicine scent, and still did not get it when he was telling her to take care after bequeathing her Bihai Cangling.

That's the weakness of FJ. Not always, but she's slow to digest what she's being told when it matters most. Then still resists on what's already glaring at her face. Xie Guchou still have to almost spell out to her that DH chose a successor because he's about to die.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lmao...I still remember this scene in ep 42.. I'm grinning from ear to ear while watched Dongfeng's hot kiss in the cave..love it. feeling soft and sappy ...over the moon...then not long after ...a comedian DH?? make an appearance...OMG..hahahaha..:joy::joy:

PS: DH might be still feels jelly or giddy from their hot kissed. 

Only FJ sees the funny, coquettish side of DH! :lol:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Why should you still be pissed at ZL's outburst when they are bearing down on him while DH is fighting ML in a death match? Everybody's emotions are heightened and ZL was being forced to tell about DH's side of story to FJ.

ZL calling out weeping FJ doesn't make her any more pitiful than loyal ZL, who has been beside DH far longer than FJ. It is never easy to be the bearer of very bad news, nor to be appointed the executor of somebody's last wishes. 

Besides, so what if ZL has to lash out to get his point accross to crying FJ, didn't she do virtually the same to DH by completely disregarding what he was saying when they met? She herself noticed he was not well, that he stinks of medicine scent, and still did not get it when he was telling her to take care after bequeathing her Bihai Cangling.

That's the weakness of FJ. Not always, but she's slow to digest what she's being told when it matters most. Then still resists on what's already glaring at her face. Xie Guchou still have to almost spell out to her that DH chose a successor because he's about to die.

Agreeee!! Can’t blame ZL to lash out like that. I guess he just can’t help it anymore to see the suffering from DJ side. 
As for FJ, DJ already left so many hints that he is actually unwell and kind of leaving some sort of will and she could feel something is off too but her stubbornness refused to clarify it only until XGC said “You heard me loud and clear. You just wouldn’t believe it” then she decided to get some sort of further explanation. 

I guess they learn the lesson hard way and thank godness finally meet their happy ending :wub:

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dreams87 said:

Agreeee!! Can’t blame ZL to lash out like that. I guess he just can’t help it anymore to see the suffering from DJ side. 
As for FJ, DJ already left so many hints that he is actually unwell and kind of leaving some sort of will and she could feel something is off too but her stubbornness refused to clarify it only until XGC said “You heard me loud and clear. You just wouldn’t believe it” then she decided to get some sort of further explanation. 

I guess they learn the lesson hard way and thank godness finally meet their happy ending :wub:

It was very telling when Cheng Yu who is always FJ's biggest supporter did not say anything against DH. Even XY was worried when he received the new sword from DH, as he knew DH was not well yet he still carved out half his heart to make that ring for FJ.

ZL looked after and took care of DH's requirements and needs so long, he'd know the most privy things about his master. That wasn't even probably the first time he saw DH in tears over FJ.

All of them definitely learned something, from what really happened in the past, where and why they got it wrong, right up to the near demise of FJ and DH. Even the most stern of the Bais did; he softened his stance against the demon clan and welcomed the relocation of the bird clan in Qing Qiu. :) 

Ahahaha, if there wasn't a happy ending for FJ and DH, after all the teasers of that family boat ride and the little family at Bihai Cangling, Tencent will have to deactivate their FB and YT accounts. :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1