[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Sadly, some expect that succeeding seasons should be continuations to previous seasons. Uhm, the titles are even different...:wacko:

Sometimes, I don't really want to read comments anymore in soc med. :lol: It can get exasperating, yet can also be so entertaining. :lol:

Another would be DH did not get injured and suffer enough for his miscues, yet won't point fingers at JH as the instigator of many misfortunes between and for DH and FJ. :sweatingbullets: Ay yah, how bloodthirsty or how selective in what to overlook viewers can be. 

*shrugs* guilty as charged. It’s weird, I hate Su Jin and Jiheng, yet I still get angry at Ye Hua and Dong Hua. Maybe it’s because I hold them to higher expectations as male leads.

whereas regards to Dong Hua’s hairstyle, I actually don’t mind it in either drama. Vengo rocks the white wig every time! :) the only hairstyles I don’t understand are Xiao Jiu’s and mourning Chen Ye’s.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Good point. Alot of FJ's suffering originated from JH. Perhaps because JH's behaviours are more manipulative, it is harder for some to see how she is the actual cause?

For international viewers like me, I definitely think some information was lost in translation.

Actually, all the suffering was because initially she and Dong Hua were fateless, and then later they both suffered because of a “thin” line (shallow fate) of destiny. Both instances using Ji Heng as the bad driver of destiny.

• Like 4

Currently reading the part where Aranya tells Su Moye what could make her hate Chen Ye.

what a blow to Chen Ye it must have been. Aranya had not hated him for leaving without a goodbye. She resented him for dumping her for another. Ouch.

In Chen Ye’s mind, once Aranya was resurrected, what would they do? What if she still hated him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

*shrugs* guilty as charged. It’s weird, I hate Su Jin and Jiheng, yet I still get angry at Ye Hua and Dong Hua. Maybe it’s because I hold them to higher expectations as male leads.

whereas regards to Dong Hua’s hairstyle, I actually don’t mind it in either drama. Vengo rocks the white wig every time! :) the only hairstyles I don’t understand are Xiao Jiu’s and mourning Chen Ye’s.

Well, we can all look at things differently. Nor do I think it's your comment I've happened to see. :) You don't make comments online like you're spoiling for blood spill, do you? :phew:

The INTJ in me would always look at every sides and play the devil's advocate to see the whole picture. 

So though I understand that JH is the major litmus test for DH and FJ, the other side of me will still see some manners and behaviours that I would not expect from her previous stature and age. Just as YH was a weakling betrayer despite this good intentions for BQ, or DH too desensitised not to think of FJ's feelings for denying her her winnings.

They have their flaws, but it's also what they say, or don't say. Su Jin and Ji Heng deliberately and purposely lied to undermine BQ and FJ. Su Jin said BQ came between her and YH when she became the concubine of Tianjun. (lol, what?) JH told FJ she's talking to her to inform her she won't share the fruit, after FJ begged for the half. Both did their own shares of scheming, under the guise of appearing to be weak (As per BQ in TMOPB).

A contrast to YH, whose words were supposedly to deflect, or to DH on what he thought as justified. YH's fears made him too agreeable to whatever Tianjun and others asked or expected, until it ended blinding BQ. DH's jealousy of XY and lack of satisfactory and credible answers from FJ on why she wanted the Saha fruit led him to give it to JH when she asked for it as means to be treated. 

DH's platinum hair didn't need any elaborate styling. He's elegant as is. He even effortlessly won the white hair pageant. :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, Aari sky said:

I love twilight, I think this was the only westren fantasy novel where we can see that unconditional love. also the actors had genuiene chemistry they even became couple in real life, it sad how it all ended.. 

The only couple I rooted for in real life other than GG and Dilraba was them :(

You know what??? I had the same feelings for twilight too!!!!! :blush:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Megan said:

Currently reading the part where Aranya tells Su Moye what could make her hate Chen Ye.

what a blow to Chen Ye it must have been. Aranya had not hated him for leaving without a goodbye. She resented him for dumping her for another. Ouch.

In Chen Ye’s mind, once Aranya was resurrected, what would they do? What if she still hated him?

It won't matter for Shen Ye if she hates him, so long that she lives again. He can woo her if she was resurrected, explain to her what he did, why he did those. Unfortunately, there's simply no more chances for those, since she only lives once.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It won't matter for Shen Ye if she hates him, so long that she lives again. He can woo her if she was resurrected, explain to her what he did, why he did those. Unfortunately, there's simply no more chances for those, since she only lives once.

Shenye would be satisfied if Aranya was resurrected. It wouldn't matter to him if she hates him or she won't recuperate his feelings. As long as she is alive, he will protect her at all cost.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Shenye would be satisfied if Aranya was resurrected. It wouldn't matter to him if she hates him or she won't recuperate his feelings. As long as she is alive, he will protect her at all cost.  

Most of Sheng Ye and Aranya portions are still hard to see. The regrets and hopeless despair in the end are just so tangible. 

Shen Ye would have Aranya in whatever conditions so long that she is alive, and protect her at all costs. Maybe even take the throne and reign as Queen.

The former Biyinao royals have a very complicated history. To sit on the throne required bloodshed, manipulation, and force. Qing Hua is so atrocious to her other children in favour of Junou.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Most of Sheng Ye and Aranya portions are still hard to see. The regrets and hopeless despair in the end are just so tangible. 

Shen Ye would have Aranya in whatever conditions so long that she is alive, and protect her at all costs. Maybe even take the throne and reign as Queen.

The former Biyinao royals have a very complicated history. To sit on the throne required bloodshed, manipulation, and force. Qing Hua is so atrocious to her other children in favour of Junou.

I think we need The Dream of Aranya series as a stand alone :joy: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, triplesung said:

I think we need The Dream of Aranya series as a stand alone :joy: 

Yup, their past, and in the future after their souls were kept together in a sapling. Modern take in the fairyland :lol: Too bad though that TQ will only do books till Xie Guchou. But if somewhere along the way the stories of SY and AY will be touched since he is one of the lords for reincarnation matters... :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Yup, their past, and in the future after their souls were kept together in a sapling. Modern take in the fairyland :lol: Too bad though that TQ will only do books till Xie Guchou. But if somewhere along the way the stories of SY and AY will be touched since he is one of the lords for reincarnation matters... :)

....... That would be amazing. And DHDJ and FJ would take a peek every now and then (if they are interested) through the mirror. It can just be an original series ofc with our own FJ and DH actors as lead

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, triplesung said:

....... That would be amazing. And DHDJ and FJ would take a peek every now and then (if they are interested) through the mirror. It can just be an original series ofc with our own FJ and DH actors as lead

That would be nice, as they've proved their mettle acting and chemistry wise. :) If not, let them keep their DH and FJ roles, and others can be SY and AY. Anyway, in the book, they don't really look like DH and FJ.

Hmm, if ever the story of Xie Hualu and XY also gets adapted, and if XY actor is still the same, who can be the goddess? I'd be choosing Li Qin if I can choose. :lol:

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, how has being introduced to the 三生三世 universe changed your lifestyle? Ironically I can only think of 3 things.

1) I tried peaches (well, ice peach tea and aloe vera peach juice) and I like it. I don’t think I ever tried it before.

2) Before ELOD, my least favourite Color is purple (Ursula was by far the most frightening Disney villain to me) and it still is. But now...I actually choose purple when given a choice.... oh well, if nothing else, it’s the color of grapes (my fav fruit) and Dong Hua’s Color.

3) I am a fan of Chinese actresses and want to learn more about my Chinese heritage (why couldn’t this have come in when I was in secondary school?)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, how has being introduced to the 三生三世 universe changed your lifestyle? Ironically I can only think of 3 things.

1) I tried peaches (well, ice peach tea and aloe vera peach juice) and I like it. I don’t think I ever tried it before.

2) Before ELOD, my least favourite Color is purple (Ursula was by far the most frightening Disney villain to me) and it still is. But now...I actually choose purple when given a choice.... oh well, if nothing else, it’s the color of grapes (my fav fruit) and Dong Hua’s Color.

3) I am a fan of Chinese actresses and want to learn more about my Chinese heritage (why couldn’t this have come in when I was in secondary school?)

1. The kids can now recognize a few spoken Mandarin words - kunchu, tisa, xiexie, ni, wu, la, co la. 

2. I'm seeing more drawings that are dressed in purple. :lol:

3. If I can go back in time, there's a chance I would have taken extra units in history or foreign service. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

There is an important lesson to be learnt there. “Live life and love to the fullest for there are no do-overs”.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That would be nice, as they've proved their mettle acting and chemistry wise. :) If not, let them keep their DH and FJ roles, and others can be SY and AY. Anyway, in the book, they don't really look like DH and FJ.

Hmm, if ever the story of Xie Hualu and XY also gets adapted, and if XY actor is still the same, who can be the goddess? I'd be choosing Li Qin if I can choose. :lol:

Xie Hua Lou is presently the third most beautiful after Bai Qian and Bai Feng Jiu.

So must also be beautiful :). Xiao Yan actor is quite young so that might be a possibility for him in about 10 years?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

On 7/14/2018 at 11:00 PM, Cedric Ong said:

In the original Pillow Book novel, Donghua went into a long deep sleep after using up a lot of his power to save a realm. He didn't want to alarm others so he and Siming collaborated on a story that he went to the human realm as the human emperor. For Fengjiu, she did really go to the human realm at that time.

Actually when the previous drama seemed to change the human realm scenes (different from the novel) and said Donghua really went to the human realm.....some fans still interpreted in this way : it seems interesting why Fengjiu retain her memories as a human while "Donghua" didn't, they viewed it as he didn't get reborn, he just timed his "wake up" with the Emperor's death (while knowing all that happened)....so even his soul wasn't tainted with any...ahem....sex with any woman. Probably still a virgin...haha.

But of course, the above idea seems abit illogical against some details eg Donghua holding the broken arrow part when he woke up. 

Anyway seem like for this current drama, the same both going into human realm plot....but think not the same exact scenes (as previous drama)....just the general theme. Some fans actually prefer it....b'cos Fengjiu going to the human realm alone is abit meaningless.

A leaked video clip of Donghua's Taicheng Palace....seems similar to the previous drama.

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4260745555836347

That is one large palace.... hmm...do you think Dong Hua once lived in the sky lord’s palace before he retired?

• Like 2

I’m just rewatching episode 35 and I want to make some random comments.

Dong Hua tries to turn Xiao Bai against Xiao Yan by suggesting he was the cause of their imprisonment, but instead she was focusing on how Xiao Yan defeated Dong Hua TWICE!!! LOL

Dong Hua initially says he isn’t interested in Jiheng because of her young age but that doesn’t make sense because he likes a very, very young Feng Jiu.

finally, Feng Jiu insists she isn’t the one to make the first move when she directly pulled Dong Hua in for a kiss the moment she wakes up lol

random fact: while Feng Jiu is not an experienced kisser, she is the first one to initiate a biting kiss in their relationship. Only for some reason, Dong Hua wants her to apologize for that.

• Like 1