[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

5 minutes ago, Megan said:

I can’t blame Xiao Yan for stealing the soul jade. Sure it was a stupid move that endangered the whole universe, but Dong Hua tricked him and took advantage him. There was bound to be retaliation

XY started it though, asking for duel, before he was tricked to do chores.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Everything seemed to be his handworks..tea set , backdrop, incenses, sandalwood table..etc etc. I'm sure he know how to knitting and sewing..:lol:

If I remember correctly there was an outtake that DH is telling FJ, while HE IS EMBROIDERING, that YH and others are making excuses of which chores are for men so that they won't do what DH is doing. :joy:

Typical DH, dissing others and praising himself in one breath. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

27 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If I remember correctly there was an outtake that DH is telling FJ, while HE IS EMBROIDERING, that YH and others are making excuses of which chores are for men so that they won't do what DH is doing. :joy:

Which outtakes? I need to re-read it again.

Lol...So very true.. typical DH.

“They say to meet a playful teacher is a godsend blessing.”-DH( PB1 page 265)

PB 1 page 266

“Then I'd have to thank you for putting in the effort to teach me.” As she said these words, she felt her remark had been a little disrespectful, thus wanted to say something in reprieve but Dijun casually
spoke first: “No problem. It's just quite rare to meet someone as dim as you. I look forward to the challenge.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Don't know why XY didn't catch early on that DH was taking him for a ride :joy:

I think most people have this belief that DHDJ is righteous and morally sound, it probably never crossed their mind how he likes to troll people!

1 hour ago, Megan said:

I can’t blame Xiao Yan for stealing the soul jade. Sure it was a stupid move that endangered the whole universe, but Dong Hua tricked him and took advantage him. There was bound to be retaliation

It's a smart move from his perspective. It definitely got DH moving! But it was a stupid move and no matter how DH tricked him, it didn't warrant putting the world in danger. 

56 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

He pretty much perfected the art of dissing people!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB 1 page 266

“Then I'd have to thank you for putting in the effort to teach me.” As she said these words, she felt her remark had been a little disrespectful, thus wanted to say something in reprieve but Dijun casually
spoke first: “No problem. It's just quite rare to meet someone as dim as you. I look forward to the challenge.”

Those are very old one shots she had done several years ago. They are all on her We Chat as she had consolidated them. You can  read them on Hui3r's blog in english.

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/category/books/three-lives-three-worlds-pillow-book/

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I think most people have this belief that DHDJ is righteous and morally sound, it probably never crossed their mind how he likes to troll people!

It's a smart move from his perspective. It definitely got DH moving! But it was a stupid move and no matter how DH tricked him, it didn't warrant putting the world in danger. 

He pretty much perfected the art of dissing people!

You know both Feng Jiu and him are Mr and Mrs Troll! Like to make fun of others and play pranks on them.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

29 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB 1 page 266

He just cannot hold his poisonous tongue, but that was what he is famous for. In Volume 1, there was something Tang Qi wrote about his poisonous tongue. About how people who never had the opportunity to suffer from his tongue was lucky. For the older immortals who have, they try not to engage him in personal conversation too much!  :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Don't know why XY didn't catch early on that DH was taking him for a ride :joy:

How old is XY?  He was so naive and easy to deceived . But he is adorable..lol...

He should have known how DH treat all the challengers from the younger lord from various clans. 

There's one lord left unconscious in front of his palace when  DH replied to him that he never heard the word of Honor.

PB 1 page 18

As Donghua passed by with the chess box in his hand, he backed up two
steps and asked the young man on the ground, “What... was it that you said?”
The young man gritted his teeth. “Honor! I said honor!”
Donghua picked up his heels and continued to walk on. “What’s that?
Never heard of it.”
The young lad had trouble exhaling; he fainted unconscious on the spot.

PB1 page 112

“I don't really hate him anymore. They say the best revenge is to pity your enemy, and I am
pitying him very much as we speak.” - XY

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He just cannot hold his poisonous tongue, but that was what he is famous for. In Volume 1, there was something Tang Qi wrote about his poisonous tongue. About how people who never had the opportunity to suffer from his tongue was lucky. For the older immortals who have, they try not to engage him in personal conversation too much!  :tounge_wink:

Lol.. indeed

PB1 page 17/18

Donghua Dijun had long retired to the privacy of Taichen Palace. The younger fairies didn’t get to experience his venomous tongue, but the older generation could never forget it. The King wasn't much of a talker. But when he did talk, his words pierced sharp like the blade in his hand.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

PB1 page 112

“I don't really hate him anymore. They say the best revenge is to pity your enemy, and I am
pitying him very much as we speak.” - XY

Trust XY also to say that, he's just pretending to be brave, hahaha. FJ and XY were discussing JH running away from the wedding. FJ told XY that he shouldn't gloat yet coz JH didn't marry him either. (Yass, troll back!) :joy:

Then it turned out that there wasn't a wedding coz DH went looking for his missing baby fox. (PB1, pp169-170) :dizzy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

51 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Luh, the older and younger immortals will now have to deal with the baby troll! This one seems to have no problem mingling with others and talking. :naughty:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@Ninky @MayanEcho @ChibiLy Apparently there's a pair of siblings immune to DH's pranks... well according to FJ pov.

What does these sentences or FJ's mean?

As for Donghua... this person
was a bit special. Since the beginning of time, few offended him and still came out alive.

PB1 page 228

She didn’t know pranking others was a
special hobby of Donghua’s. If it had been the quiet Yehua or Moyuan
who was offended, they would normally pay no attention to the whole
thing
. Or if it had been Liansong who actually preferred to be offended,
he’d get to return the favor a hundred-fold.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

Out of curiosity, what do you think Dong Hua was feeling when Gun Gun introduced himself? Something beyond the usual answers of shock.

i don’t think he was precisely happy because he was too dumbstruck 

32 minutes ago, Megan said:

Out of curiosity, what do you think Dong Hua was feeling when Gun Gun introduced himself? Something beyond the usual answers of shock.

i don’t think he was precisely happy because he was too dumbstruck 

DH was probably too shocked and in disbelief at first. But I was surprised he was able to compose himself again and actually accept BGG easily as his son.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

LOL, I posted earlier that DH was embroidering in an old outtake. Hehehe, sorry for the rusty memory, he wasn't; DH was MENDING the handkerchief FJ torn. And implied that the others are lazy. :lol:  @jimmylyne @ChibiLy @Ninky

Feng Jiu came out from the inner hall and saw Dong Hua was mending the handkerchief she torn yesterday.

Feng Jiu: “…  What are you doing?”

“Mending the handkerchief.”

“… But all men don’t know how to do such a thing, like Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Lian Song and even effeminate looking men like Yan Chi Wu also doesn’t know how to do it."

“Why?”

“They think it will lessen their masculinity.”

“You’ve been deceived.”

“What?”

“That’s just their excuse not to do the housework."

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/tang-qis-books-mini-special-part-17/#more-21117

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, triplesung said:

DH was probably too shocked and in disbelief at first. But I was surprised he was able to compose himself again and actually accept BGG easily as his son.

The kid’s hair colour helps. Same genetics. It’s unmistakable.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, I posted earlier that DH was embroidering in an old outtake. Hehehe, sorry for the rusty memory, he wasn't; DH was MENDING the handkerchief FJ torn. And implied that the others are lazy. :lol:  @jimmylyne @ChibiLy @Ninky

Feng Jiu came out from the inner hall and saw Dong Hua was mending the handkerchief she torn yesterday.

“… But all men don’t know how to do such a thing, like Mo Yuan, Ye Hua, Lian Song and even effeminate looking men like Yan Chi Wu also doesn’t know how to do it."

“Why?”

“You’ve been deceived.”

“What?”

https://hui3r.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/tang-qis-books-mini-special-part-17/#more-21117

But DH does not know how to cook.... 

I'm glad DH has a lot of flaws because it makes me love him more :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

As for Donghua... this person
was a bit special. Since the beginning of time, few offended him and still came out alive.

Must be because they were made to eat sweet and sour fish. :lol:

MY and YH are immuned with his queerness. :P 

LS...DH half raised him, pranking for him will also be a sport. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

3 minutes ago, triplesung said:

But DH does not know how to cook.... 

I'm glad DH has a lot of flaws because it makes me love him more :wub:

He is the cook from hell with his sweet and sour fish. :lol: But, he can perfectly roast yams. :wub:

• LOL 2

42 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

“Why?”

“You’ve been deceived.”

“What?”

DH is the best husband  great talented lover , caring affectionate partner and I'm sure he is also a great father..

He is natural at everything or anything except cooking:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3