[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It will become super big news and will spread like wildfire across the Four Seas and Eight Realms. Besides, Dong Hua likes to show off, I bet he'd be parading his wife around with the baby bump once it starts showing on the pretext of going for walks to exercise gently. :tounge_wink:

May Shao Wan be already awake that time to celebrate with bestie Dong Hua! :blush:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, triplesung said:

BGG alone will be spoiled rotten from both sides :joy: And the emperor will gladly expand his family as much as his stamina will allow

Anything related to FJ he will show off because she is perfect in his eyes. 

And there would come a time, in Qing Qiu and Jiuchongtian, that it becomes a common sight at night to see little silver maned kids counting stars with Ali and his future siblings. :innocent:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And there would come a time, in Qing Qiu and Jiuchongtian, that it becomes a common sight at night to see little silver maned kids counting stars with Ali and his future siblings. :innocent:

I think after 2, she will consult Zhe Yan for contraception, you can bet on that since she knows her husband lord's appetite :D.

Contraceptive peaches anyone?

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think after 2, she will consult Zhe Yan for contraception, you can bet on that since she knows her husband lord's appetite :D.

Contraceptive peaches anyone?

Will it work with ahem, Dong Hua? :phew:

• LOL 3

Will it work with ahem, Dong Hua? :phew:

Dunno but hopefully they do because you know ... Feng Jiu probably doesn't want to  have endless children LOL. They did work on other immortals so most likely?

• Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

6 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Dunno but hopefully they do because you know ... Feng Jiu probably doesn't want to  have endless children LOL. They did work on other immortals so most likely?

Zhe Yan sneakily gave those peaches to Sang Ji. I don't think he can do that behind DH :joy: I can't imagine the talk between DH and Zhe Yan on why FJ needs those peaches. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

To make that bold portion more poignant for people, here is the contextual translation of that line from Chinese.

"Didn't she fall in love with me again because she must only have me (and no one else) in this life."

That's a direct a contextual translation if you want a deeper meaning. Because in chinese it's this line "...她再次爱上我难到不是因为她此生非我不可吗?”

PS. @jimmylyne thought u might like this :)

Oh I really love your very thorough translations.  More deeper powerful and meaningful.

How I wish you could translates the whole content of the PB books.:D

PS: Thks.. I love it very much.. sending you "virtual hug' and love:kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Oh I really love your very thorough translations.  More deeper powerful and meaningful.

How I wish you could translates the whole content of the PB books.:D

PS: Thks.. I love it very much.. sending you "virtual hug' and love:kiss_wink:

@jimmylyne 

Please look forward to our team's translation of "Lotus Steps". :D 

It's a big team undertaking between a few of us.

This one will be as close to the contextual meaning as we possibly can make it.

If you have any parts you want me to explain more from the Pillow Book, feel free to write in here too :)

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@jimmylyne 

If you have any parts you want me to explain more from the Pillow Book, feel free to write in here too :)

I can't wait for Lotus Step. Thanks for the hard work :love:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@jimmylyne 

Looking forward to really get to know Cheng Yu and Lian Song, and their journey to be together. :wub: 

Thank you translating team :heart::heart::heart:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Turns out, it is a bad idea to rewatch ELoD because now I can't watch any other dramas :joy:

Should've learnt after the 2nd time of rewatching.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4506589581948713

I wonder if we got the proper promotions, would the drama receive more views and attention?

I believe it would have, based from the figures of likes and number of views in FB for the cut version within few hours of posting. Unfortunately, COVID19 happened, and promotions are very minimal for ELOD.

I'll watch again if the director's or uncut version is released. :tounge_wink:

The adaptation is wholesome enough that except a few episodes that has cliff jumps and cutting, kids can watch the journey and adventure of DH, FJ, family, and their friends in ELOD.

Personally, except for episodes ending the arcs or near finale, watching the series doesn't leave a heavy heart. Hahaha, I think ELOD has that rare bickerings and arguings viewers can enjoy seeing. It also helps that almost everyone were on point in their acting.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I believe it would have, based from the figures of likes and number of views in FB for the cut version within few hours of posting. Unfortunately, COVID19 happened, and promotions are very minimal for ELOD.

I'll watch again if the director's or uncut version is released. :tounge_wink:

The adaptation is wholesome enough that except a few episodes that has cliff jumps and cutting, kids can watch the journey and adventure of DH, FJ, family, and their friends in ELOD.

Personally, except for episodes ending the arcs or near finale, watching the series doesn't leave a heavy heart. Hahaha, I think ELOD has that rare bickerings and arguings viewers can enjoy seeing. It also helps that almost everyone were on point in their acting.

What appeals ELoD to me more than EL was the whole lightheartedness of the series. It's a drama that's not too heavy to watch, like you mentioned. It is indeed a bedtime story as per TQ. But its a type of bedtime story that will keep you awake at night because you can't get over DH and FJ. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, Megan said:

In the pillow book, Xize had 10 toffees but Mo Shao had 5 and his were coated in sugar. Dong Hua didn’t know this and Mo Shao wanted to keep it that way.

i am picturing Dong Hua asking Feng Jiu why she didn’t sprinkle his toffee with sugar.

Feng Jiu’s answer: this was after I had sent your toffee, when Cha Cha and Mo Shao had gone to your palace. I was left all by my lonesome and made more toffees so I could share them with everybody. Only Mo Shao has sugar because he has been my buddy and helping me with my schemes.

Será que dijun viu no espelho como fengjiu sofreu no palácio taichen?

• Confused 1

Watching  Under the Power to help me move on from ELoD. The moment the ML spoke his lines, my brain immediately says "Donghua Dijun, is that you?" :joy:

This is why I don't like dubbing sometimes in c-dramas.

Guess I'm back to watching ELoD cuts again.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, triplesung said:

Watching  Under the Power to help me move on from ELoD. The moment the ML spoke his lines, my brain immediately says "Donghua Dijun, is that you?" :joy:

This is why I don't like dubbing sometimes in c-dramas.

Guess I'm back to watching ELoD cuts again.

Exactlyyyy what happen with me. I try to watch Novoland 2 and when the ML spoke I heard DHDJ but I saw someone else and my brain start to get confused and end up re watch ELOD again so my brain could calm down. My brain and eyes and ears are working cohesively only on DH sound with DH face :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5