[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

@Cedric Ong seriously, why are they soooo secretive about the filming??!! We, fans, are dying over here!!

I don't really like them reusing the actors from the previous 3W3L, unless it's their old roles from that drama. Any other role they play, it just seems confusing to me...cause some people might watch both dramas back to back...

oh well...

• Like 2

@linh5000  I don’t like them reusing actors for different roles either. Not too surprising that it happen though, Jay Walk Studio tend to put quite a few of their people on same drama lol. Hopefully there won’t be more...

11 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Read that Liu Ruilin/Wayne Liu might be playing 燕池悟/小燕/青之魔君 (Yan Chi Wu / Xiao Yan / Green Demon Lord), a good friend of Feng Jiu. He played the 16th disciple in previous drama....guess it's a different role for him.

Hide contents

Don't know why they are so secretive (official weibo still no announcement)....but confirmed the film-start ceremony had been held. B'cos the actor James Li Dong Heng (who acted as 3rd Prince LianSong) had posted on his weibo, a red packet pic....which he deleted shortly after....but some fans had screen-captured it. 

He wrote "yes, filming starts". The red packet is usually given during film start ceremony. And though no name of drama is mentioned....notice he held up 3 fingers...."THREE lives....." (drama title).

Another fan-shared pic....is an electronic notice board in Hengdian which sort of reminded what events are held daily....and the chinese chars are of this show.

I was waiting all day last June 11, 2018 waaaa. I couldn't even sleep the night i heard about the filming ceremony. :bawling:

They're secretive about it  it think because of the plagiarism issue.

Thank you @credic Ong for the information i saw this posts on weibo but couldn't understand a thing. :dissapointed_relieved:

I also heard the gossip trio is complete. Have you heard about it?

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures

2 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:

I can't be sure....but the actress Wang Ting who played ChengYu....there is no mention of her in recent reports. I read some ask in her weibo but no direct reply. The only consolation is she "bookmarked" this official drama weibo a few months ago. 

Some actors might come in later (after film start ceremony)....it is not unusual. They can film minor scenes 1st.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:

I was waiting all day last June 11, 2018 waaaa. I couldn't even sleep the night i heard about the filming ceremony. :bawling:

They're secretive about it  it think because of the plagiarism issue.

Thank you @credic Ong for the information i saw this posts on weibo but couldn't understand a thing. :dissapointed_relieved:

I thought the plagiarism issue was with Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms. I've never heard of it with The Pillow Book.

I hope the filming will go smoothly so we can watch the drama by early next year. 

• Like 1

Yes one of the reasons would be criticism. Imagine audience getting angry that a character they liked is getting played someone else. And to make it worse he was in the original TMOPB as another character. But fans will eventually find out anyways. However if they receive criticism during filming it might effect the shooting and the performance of the actor.

Another reason could be they want to keep it hush hush so fans won't swarm the place and shooting might get delayed and the cost of hiring additional security would be high :tongue:

I remember I saw a fancam of Reba during The Flame's Daughter. She could barely walk out of the set because she was surrounded by fans who were all trying to touch her.

Or maybe they are afraid of potential spoilers. Fans can be detectives lol.

I am just happy filming has started. Don't think Reba started yesterday because she was at another brand event for some yogurt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, catwoman494 said:

Yes one of the reasons would be criticism. Imagine audience getting angry that a character they liked is getting played someone else. And to make it worse he was in the original TMOPB as another character. But fans will eventually find out anyways. However if they receive criticism during filming it might effect the shooting and the performance of the actor.

Another reason could be they want to keep it hush hush so fans won't swarm the place and shooting might get delayed and the cost of hiring additional security would be high :tongue:

I remember I saw a fancam of Reba during The Flame's Daughter. She could barely walk out of the set because she was surrounded by fans who were all trying to touch her.

Or maybe they are afraid of potential spoilers. Fans can be detectives lol.

I am just happy filming has started. Don't think Reba started yesterday because she was at another brand event for some yogurt. 

It could be all of this but i just want a couple of latest snaps so i can change my display photo and the assurance that they're starting with the filming. :bawling:

• Like 1

From above :

Dai Si 代斯 plays the ghost tribe princess in previous drama. Not sure if same role or not.

Dylan Kuo 郭品超 is abit well-known....taiwanese actor, now 41 but still handsome. His role definitely won't be small.

2 unfamiliar names which never acted in previous drama : Li Jing Rong 李进荣 (male), Wang Yi Fei 王一菲 (female).

I won't repeat those mentioned in previous posts.

As mentioned b4...i'm more interested in whether Wang Ting is returning as Cheng Yu or not. But one thing i suspect is her latest drama just debut (thus her weibo posts are about that) , sometimes actors want to keep the attention of their fans and mass media on that drama....it's more of a responsibility. Of course if your schedules (showing of current drama, filming of upcoming one) don't clash is the best, but such things are often beyond control. 

Back to this drama....perhaps it's abit more sensitive than some b'cos of novel plagiarism issue with Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, though much lesser for Pillow Book. And also the return or non-return of some actors....to avoid negative responses so early in their filming stage. 

The above post's article also mention that they would take 4 months to film, besides indoors, they would go to Yunnan to film some outdoor scenes.

• Like 5

@Cedric Ong Thank you for the translation! You are the best. Yeah, I want Wang Ting to return too. Hopefully it is just as you suspect and that she will return.

Everyone are probably right about them laying low due to plagiarism issue that the author have. Also, maybe because Fuyao is airing next week? Cause it is also being produced by Tencent Penguin and Vengo is in that too so they probably want most attention on Fuyao instead.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting those pictures. 

I’m so happy to know they have started the filming. Yay!!!

Please keep posting those pictures. 

Is that Vengo as Dijun in the purple robe? I tried to zoom in but it’s blur. 

Yey!!  they're already filming! It doesn't matter to me whether they'll follow the book or cont from eternal love.. I just want to see my OTP T.T Vengo is so handsome with white hair.. I can't wait for him to bully FJ and get jealous.

I think, Dai si, the one who was the ghost princess in eternal love will play JiHeng or Aranya.. Jiheng because in Eternal love, her and the 16th disciple already had a following and 16th is playing Xiao Yan.. 

Maybe Aranya because she is also very pretty her beauty is kind of mysterious.

• Like 1

On 23.05.2018 at 5:22 AM, linh5000 said:

Okay...i'm getting news that the Pillow Book is currently filming...Yang Mi (BQ) and Mark Chao will be make Cameos.

and there are images of their son...

Spoiler

day-la-nhan-vat-khien-dich-le-nhiet-ba-c

day-la-nhan-vat-khien-dich-le-nhiet-ba-c

Getting more excited!!

You are misleading people in here. Don't share fake news unless you are certain about the source. These images doesn't belong The Pillow Book, they belong to upcoming Chinese drama, Zhao Ge. And here is my source: