[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

6 hours ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

IMO the mortal arc will be a twist, the crown prince is not Donghua but someone who looks like him, or else how they will explain that Donghua dont remember Fengjiu?

True. I hope they won't change too much and spoil DongFeng "first encounter" as it was supposed to leave big impression on DongHua. He even told Bai Zhi that he fell in love with FengJiu at first sight.

I'm curious about the timeline for this mortal realm arc. By right, DongHua was supposed to be sleeping, while Jiheng was supposed to be in Fanyin Valley, unable to leave because of the Qiushui poison. They must have change the plot quite a bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

They must have change the plot quite a bit.

For sure they changed the plot, maybe even more than we think. Let's hope we will like this new story. together with the story from TMOPB, we have now 3 versions of the same romance. at the end of the drama, maybe we will vote which version it's the best :joy:

• LOL 2

6 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

True. I hope they won't change too much and spoil DongFeng "first encounter" as it was supposed to leave big impression on DongHua. He even told Bai Zhi that he fell in love with FengJiu at first sight.

I'm curious about the timeline for this mortal realm arc. By right, DongHua was supposed to be sleeping, while Jiheng was supposed to be in Fanyin Valley, unable to leave because of the Qiushui poison. They must have change the plot quite a bit.

Agreed with the first encounter bit, I know for TMOPB the drama changed the order of the story, making it chronological.

I wonder if they'll decide to do the same with the Pillow Book??

I'd rather it start like in the books so that the build-up and uncovering of Fengjiu's love and past hardships have more impact.

But I'll guess we'll have to just see how they spin it.

I can tell by the leaked footage that they definitely changed some scenes 

e.g. mortal arc, Aranya's ending, and probably some others

On a side note: if Mo Yuan isn't in the drama (it doesn't seem like he's casted, not sure though) how are they going to seal away the dark force in Kunlun??

But still have kept a lot of scenes that I can recognize too!! Hopefully it turns out for the better ^_^

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 12:02 AM, midnight_muse said:

I'd rather it start like in the books so that the build-up and uncovering of Fengjiu's love and past hardships have more impact.

But I'll guess we'll have to just see how they spin it.

Yup, agreed with you. Maybe they could throw the flashback in the middle ? After they fall in Fanyin valley ? 

EEUIbfn.jpg

LOL around 0.23 vengo's Head piece? Got stuck :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good day to all DongFeng lover..:grin:

Since we still on topics regarding Mortal realm or Mortal orc..I would like to share a few excerptions that was seemed to be most likely can be a guesstimate.

Xie Guchou(  Lord of underworld -in charge of reincarnation): " A few yrs ago I heard,  because Dijun had wanted to understand of the eight bitterness of a human life, he had sought to join the mortal realm. Although according to Siming book of fates, Dijun won't be reincarnation to mortal realm until thirty yrs later. However during his retreat, he had ordered elder Yunzhuag to create a soul from his shadow and send it to mortal world for some experience. (which later we know it was Zhonglin doing Chen Ye was existed and also Zhonglin mentioned that the story about Donghua reincarnated into mortal was a fabricated only)

Fengjiu also ask Xie Guchuo to make a soul of of her shadow and let it reborn where Donghua's shadow is..hopefully that her shadow can properly do a repayment..save him whenever he is in danger,  help him get whatever he wants.

Fengjiu " if it's still unsuccessfull  this time , I'll go and beg Siming when that time comes, I will ask where Dijun has reincarnated to, on thirty years time I see him again,  I believe I won't be as useless as I am now"

I remember when Chen Ye submerged into the lake to be with Aranya body, Donghua has sealed both Aranya and Chen Ye souls into a tree and ask Lord Xixe to be planted in Taichen palace's garden with hope after a millions yrs later Aranya and Chen Ye will reborn and will be fate together..( by right both Aranya/Chen ye can't be reborn since their were born from a shadow) but Dijun was a master of his own rules so...

Just a random guess:

could it be a mortal realm Crown prince and Princess consort are Chen Ye/Aranya reincarnations...or could it be Donghua himself really go to mortal world to understand of eight bitterness of human's life as written in Siming's book of fates despite of what's Zhonglin said. 

@rapo65 I have yet ...to watch AOL and Goodbye Princess..is it good? Or more precisely..happy ending? I really hate sad ending..I remember when watched TMOPB,  even it's was happy ending for Yehua/Bai Qian I was so heartbroken with the fate of my fave couple DongFeng( I cursed the scripts writter)..I mean really really painfully heartwrenching...then boom!...Vengo/Reba reprises their role as DongFeng...amends my broken heart...and here I am always happy with this Pillow Books forum..practically my happy place :D

I was quite tempted to watching it(AOL) since the male lead was Reba's co-star in Sweets Dream.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I remember when Chen Ye submerged into the lake to be with Aranya body, Donghua has sealed both Aranya and Chen Ye souls into a tree and ask Lord Xixe to be planted in Taichen palace's garden with hope after a millions yrs later Aranya and Chen Ye will reborn and will be fate together..( by right both Aranya/Chen ye can't be reborn since their were born from a shadow) but Dijun was a master of his own rules so...

In the end, Chen Ye never got to see Aranya in her final moments :dissapointed_relieved: (even in Aranya's dream Fengjiu hadn't went to the battle field  yet and thus didn't live out Aranya's final moments)

So sad he had no idea until she was already long gone :bawling:

Aranya's body and soul disintegrated after she used the Soul Evocation sorcery, so there wasn't even a chance of him getting closure

"To block the enemy beyond the Si'xing River, Aranya had resorted to the Soul Evocation sorcery and incinerated her own soul. This was what had really disintegrated her soul, the reason her existence had turned into ashes...the princess and her iron bow had been turned to dust, dissolving in the rolling current. This had been Aranya's life"

The truth was too much for him to bare so "lost his will to live" and thus submerged himself underwater. What tragic fate :persevere:

22 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

could it be a mortal realm Crown prince and Princess consort are Chen Ye/Aranya reincarnations...or could it be Donghua himself really go to mortal world to understand of eight bitterness of human's life as written in Siming's book of fates despite of what's Zhonglin said. 

I don't think they are Chen Ye and Aranya's reincarnations because the whole mortal arc doesn't happen until after Aranya (as Fenjiu's shadow) "fails" to repay Chen Ye (respectively Donghua's shadow)

According to the book, Donghua never goes to the mortal realm.

That's why Fengjiu couldn't love the emperor (and I even found him kinda annoying) because he wasn't DH! hahaha 

Depending on how they spin the drama we'll have to see if they change it ^_^

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

In the end, Chen Ye never got to see Aranya in her final moments :dissapointed_relieved: (even in Aranya's dream Fengjiu hadn't went to the battle field  yet and thus didn't live out Aranya's final moments)

Aranya's body and soul disintegrated after she used the Soul Evocation sorcery, so there wasn't even a chance of him getting closure

"To block the enemy beyond the Si'xing River, Aranya had resorted to the Soul Evocation sorcery and incinerated her own soul. This was what had really disintegrated her soul, the reason her existence had turned into ashes...the princess and her iron bow had been turned to dust, dissolving in the rolling current. This had been Aranya's life"

The truth was too much for him to bare so "lost his will to live" and thus submerged himself underwater. What tragic fate :persevere:

I don't think they are Chen Ye and Aranya's reincarnations because the whole mortal arc doesn't happen until after Aranya (as Fenjiu's shadow) "fails" to repay Chen Ye (respectively Donghua's shadow)

According to the book, Donghua never goes to the mortal realm.

That's why Fengjiu couldn't love the emperor (and I even found him kinda annoying) because he wasn't DH! hahaha 

Depending on how they spin the drama we'll have to see if they change it ^_^

The first time I read PB 2 I was mostly skip Aranya Dreamverse part because I was thinking " This is so confusing!"... but when I read it again.. it's was confusingly intrigued and interesting yet so tragically heartbreaking.

Aranya Dream existed because of Chen Ye determination and desperation wanted to be with Aranya again..collecting her life essence to be used a Jiepo lantern to recreate another soul for Aranya ( Chen Ye even placed Aranya life essence into Fengjiu's body) but at the end still pointless because Aranya's origin was from a shadow.

What a tragic..indeed :bawling:

Yes..according to book or according to Zhonglin to be precise..Donghua didn't go to mortal realm..

So its save to say that Mortal orc in the drama would be a "made up" or an additional story by the productions/script writters.

On the side note...I am glad the Mortal orc was a Crown prince/Princess consort and NOT the Emperor who are deemed to have so many wives as in TMOPB...eventhough we know Fengjiu did become a concubine to the Emperor but they never consummated ( thanks to Fengjiu, she pretends attracted to the queen instead).:joy:

Really anxious about this bc in the leaks video we know Jiheng most likely also involved..and then we got to see another version of Su Jin character.:crazy:

Ps: You are right there's no way the mortal orc is Aranya/Chen ye ..the timeline was farfetched..

Somehow I find "Siming's book of fates"..was guite confusing.;)

On 3/21/2019 at 11:27 AM, jimmylyne said:

I have yet ...to watch AOL and Goodbye Princess..is it good? Or more precisely..happy ending? I really hate sad ending..I remember when watched TMOPB,  even it's was happy ending for Yehua/Bai Qian I was so heartbroken with the fate of my fave couple DongFeng( I cursed the scripts writter)..I mean really really painfully heartwrenching...then boom!...Vengo/Reba reprises their role as DongFeng...amends my broken heart...and here I am always happy with this Pillow Books forum..practically my happy place :D

I was quite tempted to watching it(AOL) since the male lead was Reba's co-star in Sweets Dream.

i recommend you not to watch AOL, but read the book. The book is amazin' :heart: One of my favorites, on the same place as Pillow book. But if you wanna watch the drama, watch it for Deng Lun. He is sooooooo gorgeous as Demon Lord (insert drooling, stupid face :love:). As to Goodbye my princess, I don't have an opinion yet about the drama, because i am waiting for it to finish airing, then start binging. I read the comments on mydramalist though, and people are upset with what the writers did...meh.

And yes, this place it's really our little happy place :heart::heart:

I wonder if they will keep the same voice actors for Reba and Vengo. I really liked Reba's voice in TMOPB, though i know a lot of people hated it. And i am also happy that they changed the decorum for Taichen Palace. The current one seems more lively and luxurious. Idk what to say about the clothes though...they look a bit low budget in comparison to TMOPB.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, midnight_muse said:

1) In the end, Chen Ye never got to see Aranya in her final moments :dissapointed_relieved: 

3) Aranya's body and soul disintegrated after she used the Soul Evocation sorcery, so there wasn't even a chance of him getting closure

2) I don't think they are Chen Ye and Aranya's reincarnations because the whole mortal arc doesn't happen until after Aranya (as Fenjiu's shadow) "fails" to repay Chen Ye (respectively Donghua's shadow)

1)If ever there was a tragic couple in this Pillow Book story— it would definitely be Chen Ye & Aranya. I’m surprised that we’re only talking about them now because Chen Ye LOVED Aranya so much. All from the very beginning of Aranya’s birth. He made a lot of sacrifices for her all of it self-less in his own way although to Aranya it may have gone unseen or may have seemed cold. The sacrifice of keeping her alive as a child in that pit with what was it? His blood or the fruit tree.  He was only a few years older than her too so he was fairly young making that great decision of devotion to a child who would’ve died if it wasn’t for his care. To Aranya’s parents she was nothing but to Chen Ye she was everything. Also he left with the intention of coming back to be with her, correct? Chen Ye didn’t even want to leave her but the blight was thinking in the long term for them, not short term. Fate’s ultimate trick was (who was it? Mo Ye finding her? And taking her away before it was the right time) having her marry Xize. And by that time Of Chen Ye’s return it was already too late. So he had to play as if Aranya meant nothing to him until her death & reincarnation. 

2)   So this is where we plug in FJ&DH. From the way I see it, our main couple were just borrowing the bodies of Aranya & Xize to buy them time to heal and accumulate (what’s it called? essence? Idk correct me if I’m wrong).

3) Chen Ye is the real person who suffered if we’re looking at it from the perspective of them being the main couple instead of FJ&DH. The whole reincarnation was double because it was both Aranya & Feng Jiu (her shadow & DH’s housing her soul sighing Aranya’s body although mistakenly). Second chances is a big theme in Pillow Book. It’s done time and time again by our main couple FJ&DH but as a reader we’re guaranteed kinda an intuitive happy ending unlike Chen Ye & Aranya because they are minor secondary couples that help build up the main’s story. 

The big difference between both couples is that they had different results in their gamble for a second chance. After Aranya’s deaths Chen Ye agreed to having a whole new world created all for the chance of getting her back. Aranya doesn’t care for him at all but Chen Ye was still willing. So when that world was destroyed, it was bittersweet knowing that they had another chance at getting things right , their souls enlocked, after so and so millions on years.

And this has been A Deeper Analization: Chen Ye & Aranya Edition. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 3

Without a doubt, fate has been cruel to Chen Ye. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Aranya never even knew to the day she died that Chen Ye loved her.
When reading the book, I imagine Chen Ye and Aranya have different face than Donghua and FengJiu. I see them as the second lead couple with a tragic love story.
But since Reba gonna play Aranya and Vengo gonna play Chen Ye in the drama, then I guess these characters will just be an extension story to the main lead couple.

By the way, if Donghua gonna use his original face while pretending to be Xize, and Chen Ye also exist inside the dreamverse too, won't people notice that they have the same face?

26 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

Without a doubt, fate has been cruel to Chen Ye. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Aranya never even knew to the day she died that Chen Ye loved her.
When reading the book, I imagine Chen Ye and Aranya have different face than Donghua and FengJiu. I see them as the second lead couple with a tragic love story.
But since Reba gonna play Aranya and Vengo gonna play Chen Ye in the drama, then I guess these characters will just be an extension story to the main lead couple.

By the way, if Donghua gonna use his original face while pretending to be Xize, and Chen Ye also exist inside the dreamverse too, won't people notice that they have the same face?

Donghua used Corrections spell....replace Biyinios's ( People in Aranya  Dreamverse) memories of Xixe appearance with his own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

Donghua used Corrections spell....replace Biyinios's ( People in Aranya  Dreamverse) memories of Xixe appearance with his own.

1)The correction spell means everyone will think that DongHua's face is what Xize looks like.

2)Vengo gonna play as DongHua and also Chen Ye.

Combine 1) and 2) = Xize and Chen Ye has the same face in the Dreamverse, right?

25 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

1)The correction spell means everyone will think that DongHua's face is what Xize looks like.

Combine 1) and 2) = Xize and Chen Ye has the same face in the Dreamverse, right?

I was actually wondering how they would do that as well! I really hope they stick to the book as much as they can, I don't know how they're going to twist the mortal arc. Is QingTi (spelling?) still going to die if their focus is on FJ/DH? Then would he die and FJ have to get the Saha Fruit in Aranya arc? Ahhh all the questions, I hope the drama airs soon, the anticipation is killer! (reading book again atm!)

45 minutes ago, orenji_neko said:

1)Yes..everyone in Aranya Dream includes Su Moye, Fengjiu/Aranya and also ChenYe sees Donghua's face as Xixe.

Su Moye and Fengjiu forgot how Dijun looked due to the glitches when they entered the dream.

2)Same face different appearance.

Since ChenYe was also effected by Donghua's correction spell..its was supposedly Donghua should be thinking why they  were lookalikes.

Donghua's reasons : Too lazy..

Excerptions from PB2 page 332...

"When he first entered this world, Donghua never actually thought than Chen Ye could be his shadow,  there had been time when he felt the the Archmage's breath was somewhat familiar."

13 hours ago, orenji_neko said:

Yup this also bother me, even with correction spell Dong hua himself should recognize Chen ye. In novel Aranya and Chen ye's face is different, I really wish they could use different actor/actress for Aranya/Chen ye but maybe the budget for this drama is not as big as TMOPB? Using different actor/actress will give a fresh feeling and more impact with the revelation (Like Goblin)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eryhybrid said:

I was actually wondering how they would do that as well! I really hope they stick to the book as much as they can, I don't know how they're going to twist the mortal arc. Is QingTi (spelling?) still going to die if their focus is on FJ/DH? Then would he die and FJ have to get the Saha Fruit in Aranya arc? Ahhh all the questions, I hope the drama airs soon, the anticipation is killer! (reading book again atm!)

Not sure if it is Qingti or the Crown Prince(Vengo) or somebody else, someone in the mortal realm must die. That event is compulsory :P

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

2)Same face different appearance.

Since ChenYe was also effected by Donghua's correction spell..its was supposedly Donghua should be thinking why they  were lookalikes.

Donghua's reasons : Too lazy..

In TMOPB, anyone who met YeHua for the first time would say "Mo Yuan?!" or "You look like Mo Yuan" or something similar. I would imagine Biyiniaos in the dreamverse would give the same reaction towards Xize & Chen Ye.

41 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

Yup this also bother me, even with correction spell Dong hua himself should recognize Chen ye. In novel Aranya and Chen ye's face is different, I really wish they could use different actor/actress for Aranya/Chen ye but maybe the budget for this drama is not as huge as TMOPB? Using different actor/actress will give a fresh feeling and more impact with the revelation (Like Goblin)

Totally agree. Goblin gives bigger impact because they used different actor/actress for past life and current life. Everyone would start speculating whether "is he..?" or "could she be...?". It would be more intriguing.  

I'm usually slow/blur at guessing plot twist. More secrets = More impact during revelation = More happy I am. :lol:

• LOL 1

9 hours ago, karinos said:

1)If ever there was a tragic couple in this Pillow Book story— it would definitely be Chen Ye & Aranya. I’m surprised that we’re only talking about them now because Chen Ye LOVED Aranya so much. All from the very beginning of Aranya’s birth. He made a lot of sacrifices for her all of it self-less in his own way although to Aranya it may have gone unseen or may have seemed cold. The sacrifice of keeping her alive as a child in that pit with what was it? His blood or the fruit tree.  He was only a few years older than her too so he was fairly young making that great decision of devotion to a child who would’ve died if it wasn’t for his care. To Aranya’s parents she was nothing but to Chen Ye she was everything. Also he left with the intention of coming back to be with her, correct? Chen Ye didn’t even want to leave her but the blight was thinking in the long term for them, not short term. Fate’s ultimate trick was (who was it? Mo Ye finding her? And taking her away before it was the right time) having her marry Xize. And by that time Of Chen Ye’s return it was already too late. So he had to play as if Aranya meant nothing to him until her death & reincarnation. 

2)   So this is where we plug in FJ&DH. From the way I see it, our main couple were just borrowing the bodies of Aranya & Xize to buy them time to heal and accumulate (what’s it called? essence? Idk correct me if I’m wrong).

3) Chen Ye is the real person who suffered if we’re looking at it from the perspective of them being the main couple instead of FJ&DH. The whole reincarnation was double because it was both Aranya & Feng Jiu (her shadow & DH’s housing her soul sighing Aranya’s body although mistakenly). Second chances is a big theme in Pillow Book. It’s done time and time again by our main couple FJ&DH but as a reader we’re guaranteed kinda an intuitive happy ending unlike Chen Ye & Aranya because they are minor secondary couples that help build up the main’s story. 

The big difference between both couples is that they had different results in their gamble for a second chance. After Aranya’s deaths Chen Ye agreed to having a whole new world created all for the chance of getting her back. Aranya doesn’t care for him at all but Chen Ye was still willing. So when that world was destroyed, it was bittersweet knowing that they had another chance at getting things right , their souls enlocked, after so and so millions on years.

And this has been A Deeper Analization: Chen Ye & Aranya Edition. 

Thoughts? 

From my perception Aranya was also love Chen ye..she was deeply cared.

Page 324

Lord Xixe told Chen Ye :

Qinghua showed your memorial to her. Before heading to the battlefield at sxi' xing she said she might not have been for love in this lifetime.  You were what she had fought for. Even if she had with you was only illusory,  she was fine with it. She just didn't expect you to hate her so much. No matter how generous she was , she couldn't bear it after all. 

When Qinghua showed Aranya supposedly ChenYe's memorial( someone who died in war)..Aranya thoughts that Chen Ye was dead already.  One of the reason why Aranya sacrificed  herself..just like Chen Ye did when he know Aranya was dead.

What a tragic...indeed...so much unfolded...misunderstanding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orenji_neko said:

In TMOPB, anyone who met YeHua for the first time would say "Mo Yuan?!" or "You look like Mo Yuan" or something similar. I would imagine Biyiniaos in the dreamverse would give the same reaction towards Xize & Chen Ye.

Totally agree. Goblin gives bigger impact because they used different actor/actress for past life and current life. Everyone would start speculating whether "is he..?" or "could she be...?". It would be more intriguing.  

I'm usually slow/blur at guessing plot twist. More secrets = More impact during revelation = More happy I am. :lol:

Donghua  corrections spell already covered that part:lol:

@Sisca_TVXQfor me it's a good thing that Chen Ye and Aranya play by Vengo/Reba( more precisely Donghua/Fengjiu)

Because.. If Aranya played by another actress we have to see the part where Donghua almost making out part where Aranya's sisters gave Aranya.. (Fengjiu's soul in Aranya body...mean another woman body)...an ecstasy pill with hope they can slander her sleep/cheating with her teacher Su moye)...and we also have to see lovey dovey Donghua and Aranya( who was not Reba) or they slept together eventhough nothing happened..thanks to Donghua's self control..for me it's kind of disturbing just to imagined it...have to see all of that...right.:)

One if the thing I loved about DongFeng because their love was solely theirs....."first" in everything.

Comparison in TMOPB drama( I didn't  read the book) YeHua wasn't BaiQian first love..it's was Li jing( wasn't it)sorry if I was wrong.

@Sisca_TVXQ I wish there's another drama for ChenYe/Aranya , their reincarnation and love story..and Vengo/ Reba play the roles.:D

@euphoenix @rapo65 thanks for the recommendation (AOL)

PS:  I was way..tooooo.. much posts /comments already ...sorry about that..hopefully you guys not feeling bored , mifted or something..

@chubby^green^ @redfoxprincess How are you..?

• Like 1