[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

The end of ELOD. Been dreading this day. And have been putting off watching the last 2 eps... But I finally did it. It is done! Waited close to 3 years for this drama and it has now ended. Was it the best? No, but I'm happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time... (pun intended) 

Reba and Vengo were magnificent as Fengjiu and Donghua. They pretty much ARE feng jiu and donghua, as far as I' m concerned. No one else can portray these two characters as brilliantly as these two. 

Regarding editing and all that... 

Was disappointed a little bit. Like others said, the ending felt rushed. Would I watch a director's cut? Hell yeah, I would!

Would I PAY to have a director's cut? *throws money at tencent* Take my money tencent and wetv! 

Last, but not least, thanks to every single one of you gals (and guys?) for your wonderful insights, your naughty thoughts :naughty: and Your warm companionship on this forum. This is the only place I can let out my inner obsessive fanatic for all things dongfeng!

Little long, but oh well... 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Queen01 said:

So we got

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ rolling, rilling 

& ▪︎▪︎▪︎ to run 

All we need is

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎jump jumping 

And DJ got his own workout mantra...:joy:

Hahahaha, that theory that FJ named BGG after their rolling kiss (us book readers know it was when she was pranked by DH that she was pregnant), now has me thinking about what in the world they have to be doing for "running running", or "jumping jumping" to be conceived :naughty::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

35 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@Queen01 For your eyes only. :naughty:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Maybe we can request Vengo to do a more laid back photo shoot? :joy: He's always in suits. He looks good but can we just have him like a 'just woke up look', or 'just showered look' or 'not yet fully dressed look'.. like 'I'm still finishing my shirt buttons look'? :love: Im thirstyyyy :naughty::joy:

BTW love to see DH waking up :love: can I wake up with him too? :love::joy:

• LOL 7

20 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Maybe we can request Vengo to do a more laid back photo shoot? :joy: He's always in suits. He looks good but can we just have him like a 'just woke up look', or 'just showered look' or 'not yet fully dressed look'.. like 'I'm still finishing my shirt buttons look'? :love: Im thirstyyyy :naughty::joy:

BTW love to see DH waking up :love: can I wake up with him too? :love::joy:

The just woke up look..mmmm...

20200321-235122.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Talking about favorite scene, this is one not of Dongfeng that cracks me up everytime. 

Oh yes, this scene was hilarious! I love how DJ did the face palm! 

i love the scene when FJ found out about the handkerchief and her 9 tails appear. She was so cute there.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

The author TQ clarified in her Q&A that DH did not go down the mortal realm. He was asleep after fighting ML and recuperating for 100 years. To prevent ML from creating havoc in Fanyin Valley while he was in deep sleep, ZL and LS came up with an idea to send half his shadow there. And to calm the situation back in 9 heavens, they have SM pretended that he sent DH to the mortal realm for his love trial. So in the book, the emperor is not DH, not even his reincarnation. He has nothing to do with DH.

In the drama, yes, they made him go.

Ah thanks for clarifying that. It doesn't seem like a DH move to give FJ away. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

The author TQ clarified in her Q&A that DH did not go down the mortal realm. He was asleep after fighting ML and recuperating for 100 years. To prevent ML from creating havoc in Fanyin Valley while he was in deep sleep, ZL and LS came up with an idea to send half his shadow there. And to calm the situation back in 9 heavens, they have SM pretended that he sent DH to the mortal realm for his love trial. So in the book, the emperor is not DH, not even his reincarnation. He has nothing to do with DH.

In the drama, yes, they made him go.

I thought in the drama, it wasn't him too but his incarnation in the mortal realm. His real body was recovering in deep sleep at Taichen Palace.

• Like 3

Sigh, I wish they filmed DH planning the 200 days wedding. FJ telling him that its ridiculous and DH coaxing to take part in his crazy plan.

Seriously, it would be fun to watch FJ and DH's wedding celebration, and BGG's presence shocking all the guests, and BGG being dotted on by his grandparents 

@LovelyLady Vengo is so cute in real life. He has a nice voice too.

He has a clip on his finger kn once of the scene. Is it a counter? 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

@LovelyLady He does seem to be simple and easygoing indeed. Not a very complicated person to get to know of. There seems a part of him though that gives him an air of mystery. I kinda think that he's also the quiet sort and will only really talk if he needs to.

@ChibiLy I noticed that too. But I don't remember a scene like this in all episodes.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@Queen01 For your eyes only. :naughty:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Screenshot-20200321-224952.png20200321-224404.png

Thanks, just made my day....:naughty:... more fuel for the fire...:joy:

Spoiler

Although I like my men with more flesh on their body, I'll make an exception for  Vengo.....DJ I'm not gonna touch that because I don't want FJ to kill me.....:grimace:

• LOL 6

I just finish the drama... the ending I felt like it was a rush .. the drama was good but .. it could of have been better! tencent better release the uncut version or else or else I'm just going to cry myself in the corner... lol 

Alot of JH scenes was useless  and to dam long even close the end of the episode she talk so much .. can't she say you're back THE END .. so I mostly ff them all .. anyway i totally love the face of all the avengers when they found about gungun existing xD 

I assume they are going to have way more then 2 kids in the future .. didn't they have another son in Mo Yuan and Shao Wan story?

anyway here a vid of Gao Weiguang I stumble upon =Q__ sharing is caring 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av97679097/

• Like 3
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

@anzu_brief The reason why FJ believed he will go to the MR is because of the rumors started by SM. Everyone in the 9 Heavens, the 4 seas and the 8 realms also believed the rumor. So, she mistakenly thought that DH will undergo his trials and that was the reason she did not hesitate to go, to repay her debt. Like what YQT thought, she never wanted to be intimate with the emperor and wrote that love letter to the concubine. FJ did not have feelings of love for the emperor at the MR, she just wanted to repay her debt and be done with DH.

Thank you girls!!! It turns out I was reading the book the wrong way all along. I have to read it again now that I know this :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

Lol what's does Vengo mean all the guys that want to kill him... isn't it the other way around at least from DJ perspective :joy: 

Seeing this I started praying again....lord give me the strength to let go of my obsession.. aahhhhhhh I can't believe it's over, although I saw the last episode 2 weeks ago and the final 4 with subs last night....:bawling:...

My love affair ended :heartbreak:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4

@n00dle JH should never have had a scene in the finale episode, and it should have been a very short one if it can not be avoided. Not only that her appearance so irritating, her creepy carving/lame babbling scene was inserted right after breaking the star ward. :triumph: It's hard to believe that the boating scenes of DH, BGG, and FJ were axed in favour of JH's getting a happy ending. :unamused: A scene of the avengers fussing over BGG would have been even acceptable.

Hope there'll be some ELOD special episodes, or director's cut version.

Looking forward too to more books by TQ and hopefully, more of DH, FJ, and BGG family life.

• Like 7

I thought their second child would be a boy because DH invited ShaoWan for their son's birth celebration? Or perhaps it was for GG? Like perhaps a delayed celebration?

Well I knew it that he would name her Paopao! It is obvious he named her that so it would remind FJ don't Paopao anymore no matter what the problem and misunderstanding they would have someday if they would have any :lol:, Paopao is not the way out! :lol:

I am glad they gonna have a second child, DH missed out the whole pregnancy and first 200 years of his son's life, it is really sad, so atleast he could make it up with the second one.

Anyway when I watched the raw version, I can't really grasp on what's goin on but now watching the subbed, there is some scenes that crack me up. Like for example DH made the soup for FJ, well it's not really him made it though, and FJ asked him if he used the fish to cover up the fishy smell on her herbal soup, and I thought why or how he know all this stuffs and yet his cooking still the worse? Remember when FJ made the sour and sweet fish when she was a maid, he used the hairpin and sticked it into the fish and he could tell how it was done.. He acted like Gordon Ramsey, but why his still failed even after hundred years?? :lol:

Also when DH invited FJ to the Girls Festival, he made her a flower crown and FJ said that in ancient history, when the God encounter the Goddess he loves, he would make the flower crown.. Where did DH know about it? As he is as ancient as the history it self, is he the one who made it up? :lol:

And again, DH's expression when FJ told him do not eat the Konghuo :lol:, he was like "do I look dumb?" but instead play along and when the seller ask if FJ gonna pay for it, DH was like "what? Is there a problem?" :lol:, also when he rescued a child from ML's attack, we all know he already daydreaming having a child with FJ, I mean the smile he has when he patted the boy's head and the boy wears fox mask! :lol:

It was also funny when FJ told SMY that DH would reward him by personally cook for him.. Even SMY know how bad is DH's skill of cooking .. How come SM didn't know and almost cost him his life ?? 

One thing that confused me a little bit, back to the previous episodes, when FJ thought DH was Migu, she said something like she following her uncle to SMY's place, and in Aranya dream how come SMY surprised when he saw that Aranya and FJ look a lot like each others after FJ claimed she got into her real body already. 

Sorry for writing such a long post, I am not really ready to watch till the end, ELOD, the only Cdrama that I fell in love so much with, so much love.. that I made an account on a forum only so I could meet people who has the same passion and love for the drama. I thank TMOPB that through it, I get to know DHFJ, and I really wish this is not the end and that TQ gonna write another book about them. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Lol what's does Vengo mean all the guys that want to kill him... isn't it the other way around at least from DJ perspective :joy: 

Seeing this I started praying again....lord give me the strength to let go of my obsession.. aahhhhhhh I can't believe it's over, although I saw the last episode 2 weeks ago and the final 4 with subs last night....:bawling:...

My love affair ended :heartbreak:

Hahaha, XY wanted to kill him before, as are some of the demon clan. Then the world of DH turned upside down, and he's now the one who wanted to off XY, hahahha. ML too, hahahha, but ML secretly seems to want him more. :phew:

As SXR, his own half brother, Nie Chuyie, and the emperor of the kingdom next door were plotting against him. Throw in the accessories of the crime JH and Minsu look-alike.

And...for a moment, I'm sure all, except FJ, those who tasted his signature sweet and sour fish wished to clobber him. :P

@Donghuadijun He didn't actually taste that fish (did he?), though using FJ's hairpin, he smelled all the ingredients she used. Afterwards, he cooked for baby fox as he knew how, hahahaha! He also slept for many years after getting injured and lost his cultivation.

SM may be bagua, but as LS said, he didn't know everything going on in Tai Chen Palace.

DH used magic to conceal FJ's birthmark. So when FJ told SMY it's her and she's back to her own body, then SMY can't help but tell they so look alike. Presumably, SMY remembers FJ as very lively and unique with her flower birthmark on her forehead.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3