[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

11 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The author TQ clarified in her Q&A that DH did not go down the mortal realm. He was asleep after fighting ML and recuperating for 100 years. To prevent ML from creating havoc in Fanyin Valley while he was in deep sleep, ZL and LS came up with an idea to send half his shadow there. And to calm the situation back in 9 heavens, they have SM pretended that he sent DH to the mortal realm for his love trial. So in the book, the emperor is not DH, not even his reincarnation. He has nothing to do with DH.

In the drama, yes, they made him go.

I always thought DH went to the MR after he woke up. Otherwise there are some inconsistencies in the book. These are quotes from the book. First FH talking to XG and then Ye Qingti  talking about "mortal" FJ.

"If you don't mind, please make a soul out of my shadow and let it reborn where he is. This time, I hope that my shadow can properly repay him for me, save him whenever he is in danger, help him get whatever he wants.”
Xie Guchou reached for the wine flask. “Help him get whatever he wants... what if he doesn't get what he wants, and this repayment is still unsuccessful?”
Fengjiu gazed to the moonlight on the distant mountains and replied, “Didn't you say Dijun himself will be reborn into the mortal realm in thirty years? If it's still unsuccessful this time, I'll go and beg Siming when that time comes. I'll ask him where Dijun has reincarnated to.” She

softly said, “In thirty years when I see him again, I believe I won't be as useless as I am now.”

[Ye Qingti] found out the beauty bestowed on him by the emperor was Consort Chen from the palace. She wasn't very favored to begin with. Then came one day four years ago on the festival of the Skanda Bodhisattva when she saved the emperor from drowning and caught His Majesty's attention. It was said Consort Chen had loved His Majesty to hell and back before she was favored. But for some inexplicable reason, by the time she had his affection, she consistently offended him with her coldness and indifference. There was yet another secret. In spite of her indifference, the emperor remained ever doting throughout four years. But in those four years, there hadn't been one night when she would let him near her body.
At that moment, Ye Qingti was sitting on a wall to enjoy the moonlight and some wine. Upon hearing this from his agent, his flask fell to the ground into shatters. After a long period of being stunned speechless, he finally managed to say: “What a peculiar woman. But if His Majesty could tolerate her even when she was being that way, what crime could she possibly commit for him to give her away as his concubine."

The agent considered for a moment before saying: “She had… written a love letter to the Her Ladyship, the Imperial Consort.”

I always thought that when her shadow failed to repay FJ debt she went to the mortal realm to repay it there by helping mortal DH with his trial. There are similar examples through the book

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

13 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

In the end, Dong Hua did what Zhen Ye had failed with Aranya. Dong Hua told Feng Jiu that he loved her and Feng Jiu told him she loved him too. Even if they did die, they both heard those words.

On a lighter note, I saw a video on Youtube that their second child is indeed a daughter. Feng Jiu gave Dong Hua the honour of naming their daughter. He named her Bai Tor Tor or something like that. Gun Gun was not pleased that his father named his baby sister so carelessly.

Back to Miao Luo's prediction that Dong Hua was hiding a "Bai Yi" lady to meant a woman in white but unknowing to her, Feng Jiu is Bai Yi's daughter. Just a note on the play of words.

Rewatching Aranya's Dream, Juno and Chandi are two silly birds.

Especially Changdi. She repeatedly said "It wasn't me (killing the King)" from the time Shen Ye Aranya went to the palace and subsequently DH and SMY. The time frame between these 2 visits and she just kept saying that? A bit ridiculous for me. 

• LOL 4

16 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

On a lighter note, I saw a video on Youtube that their second child is indeed a daughter. Feng Jiu gave Dong Hua the honour of naming their daughter. He named her Bai Tor Tor or something like that. Gun Gun was not pleased that his father named his baby sister so carelessly.

Back to Miao Luo's prediction that Dong Hua was hiding a "Bai Yi" lady to meant a woman in white but unknowing to her, Feng Jiu is Bai Yi's daughter. Just a note on the play of words.

Rewatching Aranya's Dream, Juno and Chandi are two silly birds.

What is the meaning of the name? Sorry no understand Mandarin...:joy:

That because they got bird brains....:naughty:....:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Especially Changdi. She repeatedly said "It wasn't me (killing the King)" from the time Shen Ye Aranya went to the palace and subsequently DH and SMY. The time frame between these 2 visits and she just kept saying that? A bit ridiculous for me. 

I especially liked the 2 swat teams that came to rescue A. SY, then DJ and SM.. those palace guards need to be reassign... :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

10 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

In the book, Changdi became crazy due to his death.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Wind screeched loudly in the dense forest. Smoke started to rise from

Miao Luo's feet - it was a sign of her impending death. Her spurned eyes
dilated wide as she faced Donghua smirkingly. “I’ve always heard of Your
Grace’s unparalleled tranquility in all the realms. I've long wanted to

know if your heart is truly as placid as they say it is. My wish was at last
granted.” Her cold eyes flickered a shrewd flash as if she had seen a
laughable joke. “I didn't know Your Grace's weakness is a sea of Fuling
flowers. How interesting, how interesting indeed! I wonder if what you
keep in your heart is this flower sea, or a certain someone hidden inside
it?”

EP 53

When FJ dancing and DH absentmindedly

playing Konghuo , he remembered what Miaoluo has said about someone hidden inside the sea of Filing Flower,  but apparently we didn't see those scenes in drama.. edited out scene I reckon.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Not knocking on Reba in this post. I have been her way... before I became a fan of Vengo's.

But if you think you're company is not doing their job you get your point across or you get out. So if her 'alleged' leaving is her 'telling them' more power to her.:thumbsup:

But with social media and all the avenues available to entertainment personality she could of promoted for her self. Maybe she's talking a brake or being respectful to all the people affected in China.

This just my 2 cents anyway.

Quite possibly so. Maybe also giving her good friend the centerstage to shine.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

More DH vids? Why not? Up close and personal. Killer smile. :wub: 

Lovely smile but as LS said expect disaster afterwards.... :naughty:

In our case braking hearts:heartbreak: because he belongs to someone else...:joy:.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

What is the meaning of the name? Sorry no understand Mandarin...:joy:

That because they got bird brains....:naughty:....:joy:

Bai Pao Pao. Sorry, I got it wrong listening to it the first time. It means "to run" according to my Chinese expert at home.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

it?”

EP 53

playing Konghuo , he remembered what Miaoluo has said about someone hidden inside the sea of Filing Flower,  but apparently we didn't see those scenes in drama.. edited out scene I reckon.

The scene is there somewhere. DH paid ML a visit some time after he and FJ left the Jieyou Spring. I think it was after DH took care of FJ? But I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

Bai Pao Pao. Sorry, I got it wrong listening to it the first time. It means "to run" according to my Chinese expert at home.

:D how could he name his daughter like that! Run run :D i hope thats not the official name?

• LOL 4

53 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

The author TQ clarified in her Q&A that DH did not go down the mortal realm. He was asleep after fighting ML and recuperating for 100 years. To prevent ML from creating havoc in Fanyin Valley while he was in deep sleep, ZL and LS came up with an idea to send half his shadow there. And to calm the situation back in 9 heavens, they have SM pretended that he sent DH to the mortal realm for his love trial. So in the book, the emperor is not DH, not even his reincarnation. He has nothing to do with DH.

In the drama, yes, they made him go.

Thank god there’s nothing happened in mortal realm (as in consummation etc):sweat_smile:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

5 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

They're so bad with names, hahaha! They should have asked FJ's grandma! Had DH foreseen that this babe will lead everybody + Cang'he sword to a merry chase?:P

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

34 minutes ago, anzu_brief said:

I always thought DH went to the MR after he woke up. Otherwise there are some inconsistencies in the book. These are quotes from the book. First FH talking to XG and then Ye Qingti  talking about "mortal" FJ.

I always thought that when her shadow failed to repay FJ debt she went to the mortal realm to repay it there by helping mortal DH with his trial. There are similar examples through the book

ZL  “Five hundred years ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had begun to show
signs of collapse. Dijun spent half of his cultivation to stabilize it and
afterward went into a century-long sleep. At that time, wasn't there a
rumor that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to
experience mortal sufferings? With Dijun's personality, why would he have
such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's sufferings? Taichen
Palace only spread such rumor to cover up the fact that Dijun was in a
deep sleep.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

it?”

EP 53

It think its in The scene where ML seducing DJ in Fanyin Valley. It was raining fuling flower then, right? The part where FJ saved DJ. ML said it there. 

Not 100% sure though, its all jumbled up bcs i read too much fanfict. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

In the book, Changdi became crazy due to his death.

Although I'm not a fan of her she didn't deserve that. Her actions were petty and out of jealousy and plain old indifference, but being accuse of killing someone you love especially a parent, it horrid.

Who said parents don't have favorite's lied  to us....:joy:

Especially knowing that I'm my parents fav.:joy:

Bragging you say......yes..yes I am.   :naughty:...:joy:

• LOL 3

4 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Although I'm not a fan of her she didn't deserve that. Her actions were petty and out of jealousy and plain old indifference, but being accuse of killing someone you love especially a parent, it horrid.

Happy for you.. :heart: In reality, I'm considered an outcast.. :glasses: But it's fine I accept it that way. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

So we got

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ rolling, rilling 

& ▪︎▪︎▪︎ to run 

All we need is

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎jump jumping 

And DJ got his own workout mantra...:joy:

• LOL 8

4 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

Ahahaha! Not sure about that with mine. I don't remember my dad spanking me. I'm the only daughter from all his children. What I am sure though, I was treated more as an adult than my brothers, LOL. The responsibilities and trust he has given me as a teen were never given to my bros even as adults themselves. ;)

• Like 2
  • Love 1