[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

I'm getting really excited guys! The hype is real. Based on all the new content, I'm trying not to over-spoil myself on information since I'd still like to be surprised as to the certain aesthetic the production team is going for...BUT IT'S SO HARD TO RESIST since all the posts everyone puts on here is A+ quality. 

Shout out to the people in this DongFeng fandom. You all the real MVP for getting these leaks :ph34r:

P.S. @Sisca_TVXQ I'm a weak girl when it comes to hip/waist grabs so that video had me squealing. Oh Lord deliver us! Amen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:37 AM, karinos said:

I'm getting really excited guys! The hype is real. Based on all the new content, I'm trying not to over-spoil myself on information since I'd still like to be surprised as to the certain aesthetic the production team is going for...BUT IT'S SO HARD TO RESIST since all the posts everyone puts on here is A+ quality. 

Shout out to the people in this DongFeng fandom. You all the real MVP for getting these leaks :ph34r:

P.S. @Sisca_TVXQ I'm a weak girl when it comes to hip/waist grabs so that video had me squealing. Oh Lord deliver us! Amen.

LOL me too, I was squealing when I saw it :wub:

I think they already finished filming, poor Vengo have too stand at the back because he is the tallest :lol:, and Reba is playing with Bai Gun Gun :P

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4305647074304050

0078wRllgy1fx5luf9yioj30zk0qo7cp_zpsdmpa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/12/2018 at 7:36 AM, jimmylyne said:

@Sisca_TVXQ love the video..especially the video where..DH's hand on FJ's waist:wub::love:even a glimpse of DongFeng pic as simple as this..make my heart flutter..I don't know what happened when we got to see the trailers..I can't wait but I have to wait:anguished:

Hi!

New to this forum and made an account to share my love for DH&FJ and also Dilraba and Vengo in general :grin: Like many of you, I will most likely watch the whole series no matter if it's good or bad, just cause I love Reba so much! But the snippets we've seen so far look promising *cross fingers*

I finished reading 34 pages of the forum, will try to get up to date by tonight. So many insightful thoughts!

I saw that video yesterday and also internally melted when I saw Vengo's hand on Reba's waist. Literally CANNOT wait for this drama to be out. Side note: Reba looks so nice in that scene, their proportions to each other are absolutely perfect :blush::heart::love:

Edit: Finally up to date on everything here! Based on the Tencent video, I believe the guy said they're planning on showing it in Q4 of 2019. Some people have mentioned that means December, but I assumed Q4 meant it'll start anytime between Sept-Dec(?). Though it's been previously explained why dubbing is the norm in Chinese dramas, I'm REALLY hoping they don't dub over Reba and Vengo, or that they dub themselves (though with Reba's work schedule that option would be unlikely :anguished:)

I was also re-reading Pillowbook and came across this when they just get into the dream:

"He carried a soundly asleep Fengjiu to the marsh.
The moonlight was quiet and cold. Dijun held Fengjiu in one arm. He waved his other as the submerged healing enchantment seal under the Shuiyue Marsh broke free from the water surface. The water curtain parted on either side of the seal and revealed an ice coffin enveloped in glowing white light."

I started laughing when I saw the one arm part because I know that that would be impossible, unless if Reba would be in a kinda standing state and he was supporting her. Seems like they solved this by magically lifting her into the coffin instead...

Edited by aureliat
addition to previous comment with new information
  • Like 4

Reba's studio posted a blooper reel of a short video she did to promote something:

Whenever I see her all silly/playful like this it just reminds me of Fengjiu. They are sometimes so alike and as many have previously mentioned-perfect for the role.

Kay, going back to reading Pillowbook to uncover snippets I didn't notice before :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, aureliat said:

Hi!

New to this forum and made an account to share my love for DH&FJ and also Dilraba and Vengo in general :grin: Like many of you, I will most likely watch the whole series no matter if it's good or bad, just cause I love Reba so much! But the snippets we've seen so far look promising *cross fingers*

I finished reading 34 pages of the forum, will try to get up to date by tonight. So many insightful thoughts!

I saw that video yesterday and also internally melted when I saw Vengo's hand on Reba's waist. Literally CANNOT wait for this drama to be out. Side note: Reba looks so nice in that scene, their proportions to each other are absolutely perfect :blush::heart::love:

Edit: Finally up to date on everything here! Based on the Tencent video, I believe the guy said they're planning on showing it in Q4 of 2019. Some people have mentioned that means December, but I assumed Q4 meant it'll start anytime between Sept-Dec(?). Though it's been previously explained why dubbing is the norm in Chinese dramas, I'm REALLY hoping they don't dub over Reba and Vengo, or that they dub themselves (though with Reba's work schedule that option would be unlikely :anguished:)

I was also re-reading Pillowbook and came across this when they just get into the dream:

"He carried a soundly asleep Fengjiu to the marsh.
The moonlight was quiet and cold. Dijun held Fengjiu in one arm. He waved his other as the submerged healing enchantment seal under the Shuiyue Marsh broke free from the water surface. The water curtain parted on either side of the seal and revealed an ice coffin enveloped in glowing white light."

I started laughing when I saw the one arm part because I know that that would be impossible, unless if Reba would be in a kinda standing state and he was supporting her. Seems like they solved this by magically lifting her into the coffin instead...

hello..welcome on board:D

it's actually my thought about the dubbed..must be really awesome if they(Vengo/Reba) could use their own voice..but like you said..it unlikely for Cdrama..

about the "one arm" part actually..yes logically it's quite impossible but when come to think about it..but I kind of understand...why.

it's because he is Donghua Dijun the former Master of the universe..if he can freeze an object without making a single move (refer to where the scene Fengjiu kick the flower pot and  Donghua freeze a sumo flower pot merely three inches from his head) so held an unconscious FJ with just one arm was not a surprise.:D

Even just only by his existing/stand in one place can created a "magnificent"scenery..

thks for the updated..very much appreciated..do pls share..more:grin:

• Like 1

A clear view of Feng Jiu's Bingcang dress :wub: Sadly its not red but more like salmon pink :sweatingbullets:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4306138340126207

@aureliat Welcome on board ~

About the dubbing part, its not only because their schedule but also because chinese have many dialects, so if they use the actors real voice it will be confusing for viewers. I read somewhere that Siming's voice is the actor's real voice...(I assumed he is from beijing?)

• Like 3

@Sisca_TVXQ There seem to be many actors/actresses that start out having an "accent" but adapt to more a Beijing accent the longer they work longer in the industry.

I don't originally speak Mandarin, but I feel Reba and Vengo's Mandarin are quite standard and would be easy to listen to. It may just be a little tick of mine where I get annoyed when people dub over Reba, because obviously their voices are acting too when they're performing. So I feel like it's such a waste to dub over her :(, and also wonder if the overall feeling would be better if it was all genuinely her.

And yes, the actor who plays Siming (王骁) was born in Beijing

• Like 2

On 11/14/2018 at 9:29 PM, Leslie Mtz C said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! i guess this is a happy and complete ending !  <3 <3 i cant wait!! 2019 come soon!! 

I like that she wears a light purple hue clothing to match him... too cute!

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu said:

I hated the book's ending and hoping that they will have a happy ending in the drama.

It is considered a happy ending but imo it ended too soon. We didn't get to see FJ wakes up. Even though it's implied in book she was going to recover. I always wanted to see DH, FJ, and Gungun reunite and I think we'll have that in the drama based on the leaked pics. I don't mind if they dedicate an episode for their family life together. Even a half episode is good enough for me. One thing I don't like from c dramas is that they always end it so abruptly. They only show us a few minutes of the happy ending. For example the ending for TMOPB and LOF.  We see the OTP together then  "the end".

• Like 2

It would be cool if they dedicate an episode for them!  Hahaha at least some more minutes! i felt the novel ending was incomplete, I always imagine  what could have happen after they met , donghua bonding with his son as they are waiting for fengjiu to wake up and when she does they clear up things because she hide they had a son and not just to him to everyone! I want to see fengjiu`s Dad reaction to  gungun and baiqian too , all the bai family!! haha and after that I want to see them happy as they deserve 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

The ending did leave me wanting more. Kinda like blue balls :bawling: :unamused:. I took what I could get at the time because TMOPB had just ended and Pillow Book was the closest thing I could get to a romantic DongFeng ending. TMOPB's version of them was sooo good and the fact that they didn't end up together had me frustrated as heck. This was a good year before the Pillow Book drama's release had been announced with them as the leads. I'd heard that the chances of even doing PB as a drama, let alone having Reba and Vengo as leads was nearly impossible. So when the impossible happened, I literally freaked out and an ugly squeal came out of my mouth just at the thought of seeing them as leads again in a story that I've come to love. I was blissfully happy because not only was this a second chance, but a third chance to re-tell their story correctly.  

I have to admit, I knew that author TQ could've done better on that ending. Upon further reflection, if you were reading PB for the first time, it would have seemed as if TQ rushed the conclusion or was lazy about it. But I know that the final product was probably what she'd invisioned -- an open ending. Just the implication that things would turn out alright had me feelin' relieved, but again, it just didn't feel as fulfilling an ending for such an epic couple.   

But based on the leaked photos, we'll get the ending we didn't get from TMOPB or the PB.

IT'S WHAT WE, DESERVE!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

17 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

I hated the book's ending and hoping that they will have a happy ending in the drama.

I completely agree.  I wanted to know how FJ would have reacted when she wakes up and finds DH there next to her.  Even if we speculated it will be a happy reunite ending, but how how it will lead up to it...there should be a sweetness/suspense to it.  I hope the drama will expand on that. 

• Like 1