[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Never, not once in all those centuries...has anyone ever tried to protect HIM, seeking his protection instead...

?url=http%3A%2F%2Finews.gtimg.com%2Fnewsapp_bt%2F0%2F11492101229%2F1000

I have rewatched some clips on Youtube yesterday and have decided to watch this drama....again. :D 

I love the sword fight they have together! It's one of my favorite scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/21/2022 at 11:59 PM, SilverDawn said:

Does anyone know if there is any news on Bodhi fate yet?

None so far has been mentioned in TQ's soc med about Bodhi Fate, but Lotus Steps should be more or less finished writing with 4th volume. The 3rd volume was delayed due to scarcity of materials for publishing due to lockdowns; however TQ recently had an event with local fans which, IMO, is a good sign that Lotus Steps is completed. 

Lookie at the Lian Song as a dragon and Zu Ti bags for the event! ❤️ 

C0OzXrM.jpg

ctto

7AlD88u.jpg

ctto

On 8/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, ElleSor said:

Oohhh! Yes, I want to know what's up with the story as well.

I hope it pushes through.

Cross fingers it will, and hopefully not too long after Lotus Steps :)

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Rereading To The Sky Kingdom, I must say; reflecting on Miao Qing and FJ’s attempts to get their crush’s attention by being a maid is a doomed failure. Other than the fact that as maids, they cannot engage in discussion with their crush, there are the female residents who would try to get rid of them. Case in point, Su Jin and Zhihe.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Does anyone think SJ actually liked YH because they grew up together or because he was the crown prince?

for Zhihe, I say she liked DH mainly because of his position and he spoiled her.

They didnt even grow up together persay. she was sent to be an assiastant/father's spy. SJ wanted the prestige of being YH's wife and was upset she wasnt ranked as high to be automatically the emperor s choice.  SJ says it. only thing she ever wanted and didnt automatically get so she was obessed with that goal 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Romulan said:

They didnt even grow up together persay. she was sent to be an assiastant/father's spy. SJ wanted the prestige of being YH's wife and was upset she wasnt ranked as high to be automatically the emperor s choice.  SJ says it. only thing she ever wanted and didnt automatically get so she was obessed with that goal 

Oh yeah now I remember that when she came to tell YH that the engagement with Sang Ji was probably cancelled, she was thrilled because she didn’t want a higher ranked immortal to enter the palace. Girl really is power hungry for a pampered princess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megan said:

Remembering how GG and Ali got kicked out of their parents’ bedroom, I wonder if DH would still do it if GG asked in fox cub form…

I think the bright and high EQ BGG would take the hint after one or two times he's sent out, unlike Ali. :lol:

He proved that in the PB: Chaos, hehehe. He gave space for his parents, that's why he went out and accidentally had a taste of Zu Ti's power.

Jokes aside, Ali would be understandably clingy to both his parents since he lost YH and BQ for some years after that battle with Qing Cang. Although BQ travelled while YH was in deep sleep, it was wrong of Yan Cuo and Le Xu to literally confine Ali.

48 minutes ago, Romulan said:

It's quite sickening since she was willing to even be some sort of grandparent to YH when SJ became Tianjun’s consort through scheming. If this isn't the ultimate most shameless "cougar" move and to have more prestige, I don't know what else to call it. 

15 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I think the bright and high EQ BGG would take the hint after one or two times he's sent out, unlike Ali. :lol:

He proved that in the PB: Chaos, hehehe. He gave space for his parents, that's why he went out and accidentally had a taste of Zu Ti's power.

Jokes aside, Ali would be understandably clingy to both his parents since he lost YH and BQ for some years after that battle with Qing Cang. Although BQ travelled while YH was in deep sleep, it was wrong of Yan Cuo and Le Xu to literally confine Ali.

It's quite sickening since she was willing to even be some sort of grandparent to YH when SJ became Tianjun’s consort through scheming. If this isn't the ultimate most shameless "cougar" move and to have more prestige, I don't know what else to call it. 

Still if it isn’t really love she felt for YH, only for her own personal gain, it would have been better if she had remained the consort of the sky lord if she wanted to be treated nicely. YH already showed he wanted her dead.

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Still if it isn’t really love she felt for YH, only for her own personal gain, it would have been better if she had remained the consort of the sky lord if she wanted to be treated nicely. YH already showed he wanted her dead.

She was greedy to have it all though, and that was her downfall. 

If SJ couldn't even respect the engagement between Qing Qiu and Jiuchongtian, and those who brokered that alliance, not to mention YH stabbing her as well...unfortunately there are beings who just don't know or are too consumed with their obsessions when to stop. 

2 hours ago, Romulan said:

Just watched a scene from EL. Now I can’t decide whether Su Jin’s obsession was because of YH’s status or his dislike of her

22 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She was greedy to have it all though, and that was her downfall. 

If SJ couldn't even respect the engagement between Qing Qiu and Jiuchongtian, and those who brokered that alliance, not to mention YH stabbing her as well...unfortunately there are beings who just don't know or are too consumed with their obsessions when to stop. 

What was her plan exactly? Antagonizing Qingqiu would not be good for the sky kingdom either. I think she was focused on short term comforts rather than the long term consequences.

then again this is a villain who knows YH loved SS and thinks he wouldn’t want to marry her just because she was his grandfather’s consort. For someone who likes to praise her own intelligence, she is quite dense.

6 hours ago, Megan said:

What was her plan exactly? Antagonizing Qingqiu would not be good for the sky kingdom either. I think she was focused on short term comforts rather than the long term consequences.

then again this is a villain who knows YH loved SS and thinks he wouldn’t want to marry her just because she was his grandfather’s consort. For someone who likes to praise her own intelligence, she is quite dense.

SJ was spoiled rotten and enabled by Tianjun and his constant backing of her. Granted, she's special in a way being the last surviving member of Sujin Clan who sacrificed in the battlefield, but like YH pointed out, what did SJ actually do to earn more prestige or recognition?

YH's train of thoughts weren't surprising where SJ's concerned since he had to do and sacrifice so much for his status and title. Even BQ called SJ a puny little goddess - there really wasn't much use for her, same as how YH would later describe her as well. After all, SJ's main claim to fame is due to her her kin and clan's bravery.

SJ's moral compass is certainly very lacking though, as she had no hesitations scheming even against the very people who made her a Princess.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Megan said:

Just watched a scene from EL. Now I can’t decide whether Su Jin’s obsession was because of YH’s status or his dislike of her

in her viewpoint anyone not of the heavenly clan was inferior. 

1 hour ago, Romulan said:

in her viewpoint anyone not of the heavenly clan was inferior. 

Right? She actually dared to lecture Qing Qiu on their ways. Never mind that BQ was higher ranked!

and apparently she can dish out lectures but can’t handle being lectured herself.

7 hours ago, Megan said:

Funny thing….if SJ wanted to become the sky empress, I don’t think she could have survived the succession trial of lightning.

That's is true.

She may have become a big shot in the bird clan but she was never worthy.

for those who have access to the full Chinese book of eternal love and are fluent in Chinese, would you be able to tell me what happened when XN flaunted the Jade stone in front of SY, plz?

the English translation said Si Yin froze Xuan Nu and tossed her at Li Jing before swearing enmity.

but the drama and manga both show Li Jing defending Xuan Nu, so now I’m unsure which is the original version in the book.