[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

On 7/14/2022 at 7:01 PM, ElleSor said:

So cute Donghua Dijun.

I sometimes rewatch some scenes both from TMOPB and ELOD just to see them.

Their chemistry is really so good. 

Hoping that they can continue reprising their roles if ever there would be more 3L3W novels adapted into dramas. :)

12 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hoping that they can continue reprising their roles if ever there would be more 3L3W novels adapted into dramas. :)

I know right?

I'm hoping Mo Yuan's story will be done. 

I'm intrigued by his love interest. 

Coincidentally, I just read that the 3rd prince and Cheng Yu story is going to be made next.

This is the reason for my edit.

Hopefully, it turns our great.

• Wiggle 2

On 7/16/2022 at 5:38 PM, ElleSor said:

I know right?

I'm hoping Mo Yuan's story will be done. 

I'm intrigued by his love interest. 

Coincidentally, I just read that the 3rd prince and Cheng Yu story is going to be made next.

This is the reason for my edit.

Hopefully, it turns our great.

Author Tang Qi previously mentioned in her Weibo that she had written the outline for Mo Yuan and Shao Wan's story. :)

At present Lian Song and Zhu Ti volume 3 of Lotus Steps novel is in book production phase a few months ago, so the last volume by this time might be already in final editing stage or might even be ready for publishing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Question!!!  I could have sworn before that I had found an explanation of the different fairy rankings and ascension order, but now I'm going crazy and can't find it.  Does anyone know where I could find that?

On 2/2/2021 at 3:20 AM, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

They're just different ranks / titles that the officials of Heaven have in Tangqi's universe. I'll translate them below: 

Xianjun = immortal lord

Xingjun = star lord

Yuanjun = first lord

Xianguan = immortal official

Shangxian = High Immortal

The first four are like titles that can be assigned, so political rank, but the last has to be earned from that three lightning strikes heavenly trial. 

@Susan O Is this what you were asking?

The ascension stages in TQ's 3L3W universe are immortal => high immortal => high god/goddess.

High God/Goddess status is attained after passing the heavenly retribution trial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susan O said:

Close - I'm basically looking for Feng Jiu's progression :)  But I could have sworn I saw (in english) that went from fairy up to high goddess, for those who were born immortal. 

It could all be a fever dream though LOL

FJ's only around 30,000 years old, and has almost no cultivation after joining DH in the ward, so the 3 lightning strikes to ascend from fairy to high immortal should still be thousands of years away. :)

But hearing a loud boom of thunder, I realized that my predestined calamity had arrived. Mo Yuan must have placed me in the furnace so that I could hide and escape it. I had been born an immortal, but rising up through the ranks required hard work and the development of skills. Elevating yourself from a normal immortal to a higher immortal, and then from a higher immortal to a god or goddess took between seventy thousand and one hundred forty thousand years, and it required you to experience two calamities. If you were successful, you would live as long as the sky is wide, but if you were unsuccessful, your life would come to an abrupt end. (TTSK, p124,ch5)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

On 7/19/2022 at 4:40 AM, MayanEcho said:

FJ's only around 30,000 years old, and has almost no cultivation after joining DH in the ward, so the 3 lightning strikes to ascend from fairy to high immortal should still be thousands of years away. :)

But hearing a loud boom of thunder, I realized that my predestined calamity had arrived. Mo Yuan must have placed me in the furnace so that I could hide and escape it. I had been born an immortal, but rising up through the ranks required hard work and the development of skills. Elevating yourself from a normal immortal to a higher immortal, and then from a higher immortal to a god or goddess took between seventy thousand and one hundred forty thousand years, and it required you to experience two calamities. If you were successful, you would live as long as the sky is wide, but if you were unsuccessful, your life would come to an abrupt end. (TTSK, p124,ch5)

Hmm.  That though seems that the entire process can take that long, so going from fairy to higher immortal might be reasonable and I would think you could put one calamity at ascension to higher immortal and then one at ascension to goddess.  I'm trying to justify plot points for a fanfic  ;)

And where can I get my hands on an english version of the first book?  I have only been able to find pillow book!

Edited by Susan O

9 minutes ago, Susan O said:

Hmm.  That though seems that the entire process can take that long, so going from fairy to higher immortal might be reasonable and I would think you could put one calamity at ascension to higher immortal and then one at ascension to goddess.  I'm trying to justify plot points for a fanfic 

In 3L3W universe, the 3 lightning strikes can come earlier if there's enough cultivation. Case in point, the twins Ye Hua and Mo Yuan, who ascended to high immortal when they were in their 20-25,000s. :)

14 minutes ago, Susan O said:

And where can I get my hands on an english version of the first book?  I have only been able to find pillow book!

To The Sky Kingdom (or Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) by Tang Qi, translated by Toland paperback, can be purchased in Amazon.

I assume your Pillow Book English copy was translated by Hamster's, et al? There used to be Hamster's translation of TMOPB as well, but the translator had taken it down.

On 7/20/2022 at 9:22 PM, MayanEcho said:

To The Sky Kingdom (or Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) by Tang Qi, translated by Toland paperback, can be purchased in Amazon.

I assume your Pillow Book English copy was translated by Hamster's, et al? There used to be Hamster's translation of TMOPB as well, but the translator had taken it down.

I bought the Amazon version of TMOPB and I have to admit the drama was much easier to follow than the novel.

I also read the Pillow Book from Hamster's.

• Wiggle 1

Quick Poll: Kimchi Slap - Your Weapon of Choice?

YOU are PLAYING the Female Lead (FL) in a makjang kdrama/cdrama/Thai lakorn.

You're about to PRETEND to slap the annoying and evil 2nd FL who is trying to steal the man (Male Lead) you've been eyeing. What will  you use to slap her with?

Kimchi? Seaweed? Spaghetti?

tumblr_inline_pt2xv7WGQT1qcgu07_250.gifv

Please vote!

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth