[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

49 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Hypothetically, what would happen if DH and FJ were to visit a world where our cons existed and decided to attend...?  

Both will be sampling the food near or in the venue, one might also finish the sweets. And they can come as they are, no costumes needed. :lol: 

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Skimming chaos dream again, I find it hard to believe that Zhihe’s parents would expect Dong Hua to elevate their daughter to the same status as Feng Jiu, as a wife rather than a concubine…

Dong Hua used to provide or give them what they ask him, so crane parents might have thought they can also make him marry their adopted daughter as well.

Even if he was generous in the past, the favours must be reasonable to grant them. His foster parents crossed the line when they tried meddling with his marriage. They thought he will agree like he did in the past, because they're used it. They should have realised that he reached the pinnacle of power because he's no pushover, especially with his personal matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua used to provide or give them what they ask him, so crane parents might have thought they can also make him marry their adopted daughter as well.

Even if he was generous in the past, the favours must be reasonable to grant them. His foster parents crossed the line when they tried meddling with his marriage. They thought he will agree like he did in the past, because they're used it. They should have realised that he reached the pinnacle of power because he's no pushover, especially with his personal matters.

There are always the family members who do not understand acceptable boundaries and feel they are in the right to demand whatever it is -no matter how outrageous it seems to any one else. 

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Both will be sampling the food near or in the venue, one might also finish the sweets. And they can come as they are, no costumes needed. :lol: 

True that! Thought i was wondering if they d use magic in some subtle ways to mess with folks.  

• Wiggle 1

2 minutes ago, Romulan said:

There are always the family members who do not understand acceptable boundaries and feel they are in the right to demand whatever it is -no matter how outrageous it seems to any one else. 

Sigh, memo didn't reach crane couple, Zhi He, and Ji Heng. The last one being the worst since she wasn't even related to him if not for her father's request.

6 minutes ago, Romulan said:

True that! Thought i was wondering if they d use magic in some subtle ways to mess with folks.  

More like prank them? :lol:

7 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Actually now that I think about it, didn’t Bai Qian mention that bird spirits only had one mate and no harem. How could Dong Hua’s parents then suggest he take their daughter?

i guess it would be similar to the Fox King engaging BQ to Sang Ji even though the dude had a harem.

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

More like prank them?

Feng Jiu respects the art of cooking too much to tamper with it.

DH….I cannot say when he pranks people with fish.

• Wiggle 1

1 minute ago, Megan said:

Actually now that I think about it, didn’t Bai Qian mention that bird spirits only had one mate and no harem. How could Dong Hua’s parents then suggest he take their daughter?

i guess it would be similar to the Fox King engaging BQ to Sang Ji even though the dude had a harem.

Feng Jiu respects the art of cooking too much to tamper with it.

DH….I cannot say when he pranks people with fish.

I dont think the Sang Ji s harem was well known.  also its a case of a political marriage (though not sure why QQ thought they needed it..)

Not food pranking but at a hypothetical convention,  minor things like oh.. making someone's fake tail or ears 'actually' work for a bit.. suddenly the item you are considering disappears from your hand and is in the hand of someone beside you... any number pf possiblities - let your imagination flow!!!

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sigh, memo didn't reach crane couple, Zhi He, and Ji Heng. The last one being the worst since she wasn't even related to him if not for her father's request.

More like prank them? :lol:

Some people wear very heavy blinders of their own design!.  

Mess with/ prank -same diff.  :p

• Wiggle 1

16 minutes ago, Megan said:

That was political marriage, one that was thought of and pursued by Tianjun.

16 minutes ago, Megan said:

Dong Hua wasn't a bird spirit though. Crane couple wanted that marriage to ride on the coat tails of power and influence. 

10 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Mess with/ prank -same diff.  :p

The costume horns and fangs can't be removed, and the tails and ears are moving on its own? :P

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

That was political marriage, one that was thought of and pursued by Tianjun.

Only in the show, I believe.

6 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Dong Hua wasn't a bird spirit though. Crane couple wanted that marriage to ride on the coat tails of power and influence. 

I don’t understand why they would want to subject their daughter to a marriage where she has to share her husband. It goes against their bird nature.

same with Bai Zhi and BQ actually

15 minutes ago, Megan said:

Only in the show, I believe.

I don’t understand why they would want to subject their daughter to a marriage where she has to share her husband. It goes against their bird nature.

same with Bai Zhi and BQ actually

Tianjun decreed the marriage between Ye Hua and Bai Qian afterwards, so in a way, he really wants a permanent alliance with Qing Qiu.

Was their adopted daughter also a bird? 

Some elders unfortunately see marriage business as "what will they gain" from it. If Dijun was ordinary they won't look his way as husband to be for their child.

Bai Zhi, Ning Chan, and Zhe Yan seemed to have found Sang Ji alright as prospective SIL before he fell for Shao Xin. They knew what extra baggage comes with marrying the Jiuchongtian's favoured prince, and Bai Qian didn't object either.

Currently reading to the sky kingdom. Interesting fact: despite Bai Zhi and his children having been alive for so long, there have already been a long line of sky emperors. Why is this so? Aren’t they just as immortal?

25 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently reading to the sky kingdom. Interesting fact: despite Bai Zhi and his children having been alive for so long, there have already been a long line of sky emperors. Why is this so? Aren’t they just as immortal?

IMO the reasons are that they had enough and passed the responsibility to their successor, they were deposed, or they died. There could be more clarifications in the next books. It would be fun if it's Si Ming who would tell about it.

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

IMO the reasons are that they had enough and passed the responsibility to their successor, they were deposed, or they died. There could be more clarifications in the next books. It would be fun if it's Si Ming who would tell about it.

It’s weird cos then it sounds like Ye Hua has a shorter lifespan than BQ, if he weren’t actually father of the universe’s son…

6 hours ago, Megan said:

It’s weird cos then it sounds like Ye Hua has a shorter lifespan than BQ, if he weren’t actually father of the universe’s son…

They live exceptionally long lives before they fade. Even the crane couple who sheltered DH were still alive until after Zhi He's birth (she's around 90,000), which was more or less approximately 170,000 years from when they tried to marry their elder daughter to him. They must have existed before DH came to being.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

They live exceptionally long lives before they fade. Even the crane couple who sheltered DH were still alive until after Zhi He's birth (she's around 90,000), which was more or less approximately 170,000 years from when they tried to marry their elder daughter to him. They must have existed before DH came to being.

Yeah, really long lives, and QQ is stable and not full of backbiting elders or Emperors with blinders on them!  Plus, pretty sure that except for Father God n DH, non of the other Emperors were High Gods. 

Also I have ordered the ribbons. 

TMPB ribbon

236882201_10105960940729023_298194635574

The Untamed ribbon

236737670_10105960940634213_151007240031

• Awesome 2

Question, what was the string of beads suppose to do that Ye Hua gave to Bai Qian when she went to help his cousin?  They seem to be the same ones that Bai Qian later gives to Ye Hua when he is on his mortal trial.  He said for her to keep them for protection but nothing else was ever explained.

9 minutes ago, Romulan said:

Question, what was the string of beads suppose to do that Ye Hua gave to Bai Qian when she went to help his cousin?  They seem to be the same ones that Bai Qian later gives to Ye Hua when he is on his mortal trial.  He said for her to keep them for protection but nothing else was ever explained.

I think it was just for good luck

• Like 2