[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

Hellu! Another poor soul here who got dragged back into the 3L3W universe after starting Love and Destiny. I honestly had very little interest in Pillow Book up until this point, maybe I just like the universe and the characters in general? :sweatingbullets: I personally find the acting in L&D quite decent. The two main leads are certainly well-established in their profession and it does show, especially in Ni Ni's case. The side characters aren't so bad either.

I wonder if Dilireba and Vengo Gao can do a better job as the leads in Pillow Book? They definitely did not wow me in 3L3W with their acting chops, but their storyline was sweet enough that I actually looked forward to their scenes. I hope they won't be compared too much with the leads in L&D. I'm sure Pillow Book will be enjoyable enough in its own way.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, galea said:

Hellu! Another poor soul here who got dragged back into the 3L3W universe after starting Love and Destiny. I honestly had very little interest in Pillow Book up until this point, maybe I just like the universe and the characters in general? :sweatingbullets: I personally find the acting in L&D quite decent. The two main leads are certainly well-established in their profession and it does show, especially in Ni Ni's case. The side characters aren't so bad either.

I wonder if Dilireba and Vengo Gao can do a better job as the leads in Pillow Book? They definitely did not wow me in 3L3W with their acting chops, but their storyline was sweet enough that I actually looked forward to their scenes. I hope they won't be compared too much with the leads in L&D. I'm sure Pillow Book will be enjoyable enough in its own way.  

Welcome to our big family!!!! :heart: but we warn you..it's just the start! Be prepared to be infected even more with dongfeng-itis :joy: 

i think pillow book will far surpass Love and destiny in number of views and popularity, but will meet some negativity also, like any other chinese drama. The first reason is the author itself, who is not a stranger to plagiarism. I think the netizens will keep reminding this to us when the drama will air. Second reason is the leaders...let's be honest..as much as we love Diliraba and Vengo, they are not the most talented actors. They can't compare with Chang Chen, Nini or Mark Chao. But it will be interesting to see a new perspective from a totally different team to an amazing story. 

While you are waiting with all of us December i suggest you read the novel, while listening to TMOPB ost (especially Dijun + Feng Jiu song) You will like it a lot :heart::heart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 2

22 minutes ago, rapo65 said:

Welcome to our big family!!!! :heart: but we warn you..it's just the start! Be prepared to be infected even more with dongfeng-itis :joy: 

i think pillow book will far surpass Love and destiny in number of views and popularity, but will meet some negativity also, like any other chinese drama. The first reason is the author itself, who is not a stranger to plagiarism. I think the netizens will keep reminding this to us when the drama will air. Second reason is the leaders...let's be honest..as much as we love Diliraba and Vengo, they are not the most talented actors. They can't compare with Chang Chen, Nini or Mark Chao. But it will be interesting to see a new perspective from a totally different team to an amazing story. 

While you are waiting with all of us December i suggest you read the novel, while listening to TMOPB ost (especially Dijun + Feng Jiu song) You will like it a lot :heart::heart:

Thank you for the warm welcome! :love: I agree about the views and popularity, I mean, just Dilireba alone has a huge fanbase and I'm sure all her fans are waiting on this series too. Both leads seem to be criticised quite often though in regards to their acting. I've seen some of their works that have been released since 3L3W aired, and it doesn't seem as though they improved drastically over the years, but they're not terrible by any means. Maybe some viewers are just too harsh when comparing two relatively novice actors to the more experienced ones. I am really enjoying Chang Chen and Ni Ni's acting though, it has sort of renewed my appetite for these fantasy dramas so I'm also waiting on Pillow Book to help feed this appetite. :sweat_smile:

I read the novel a while back after 3L3W ended because I quite liked this couple. Actually, I think I liked them more than the main couple for reasons that I can't quite remember. I found Donghua quite fascinating from the beginning, his character has so much history that it makes me want to find out more about his past, but I don't know if they'll elaborate on that in the show. I just remember they didn't talk THAT much about his past in the books. 

The plagiarism issue is a real shame though. It's distasteful and dampens the mood. I wouldn't be surprised if netizens keep reminding others about it. It wouldn't be fair to the original author who conceived the plagiarised ideas if the 3L3W author enjoyed only success and praise. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

8 minutes ago, Kimberly Amor said:
This is bad...... for 100 days starting this August???????????????????? Huhuhuhuhu. I expected The Pillow Book to air this October this year. Maybe early next year i guess.

October air date have always been unlikely. Oct 1st is national day so the entire month is basically off. Last year was 40 years of economic reform which isn't as huge and the entire month didn't have idol-esque drama. Hell, it's risky to aim for November, it's why everyone were panicky when there was restriction on historical back in March, since it effectively means the drama is shelved for maybe rest of the year. I thought this would air in June but they didn't manage to make it.

7 minutes ago, skibbies said:

October air date have always been unlikely. Oct 1st is national day so the entire month is basically off. Last year was 40 years of economic reform which isn't as huge and the entire month didn't have idol-esque drama. Hell, it's risky to aim for November, it's why everyone were panicky when there was restriction on historical back in March, since it effectively means the drama is shelved for maybe rest of the year. I thought this would air in June but they didn't manage to make it.

I didn't know about the October and November off month. I relied on the first info that it is likely to air 4th qtr of the year 2019. Maybe i should just think June 2020 so i wont be disappointed hahaha. But Ten Miles aired Jan 30 2017. Hmmmmmmm. 

15 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:
This is bad...... for 100 days starting this August???????????????????? Huhuhuhuhu. I expected The Pillow Book to air this October this year. Maybe early next year i guess.

I’m sure this is a stretch, but is this just for TV dramas and not web dramas?

8 hours ago, foxandstone said:

I read somewhere that the Pillow Book was now aiming for a TV release, instead of web. But I don't how true that is.

Maybe December? Could it be that we might get a Christmas release?

Since right from the announcement of the Pillow Book, I was already figuring that It would be a whole year before we would get to see it, so 2020 was already what I had in mind. I can still wait, it's not like I have a choice.

4 minutes ago, aprincessofmars said:

I read somewhere that the Pillow Book was now aiming for a TV release, instead of web. But I don't how true that is.

Maybe December? Could it be that we might get a Christmas release?

Since right from the announcement of the Pillow Book, I was already figuring that It would be a whole year before we would get to see it, so 2020 was already what I had in mind. I can still wait, it's not like I have a choice.

Before, i read somewhere that The Pillow Book will be a web drama and only 25 episodes. That's only when they announced the cast but when the filming finished and some new information came out , they're aiming for TV and 60+ eps.. I don't know whats better. TV or web? Should we just settle for web just to stop waiting? (Like we have the power duhhhh :joy:

14 hours ago, foxandstone said:

Mostly targeted towards TV dramas, but web dramas wouldn't promote as much to avoid trouble I'd think. I think this drama would aim for TV release considering the series popularity to maximise profit, audience range and industry recognition, most dramas do.

18 hours ago, Kimberly Amor said:

Happy Qi Xi festival DongFeng stans. ♥ Let's wait for them with patience. I believe it will be all worth it. :blush::heart:

Ayyeee!! When it rains it pours. I just got over being ecstatic after finding English subs for Arsenal Military Academy, and then this! This is such a good day! Thank you!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1