[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

So I am on episode 12 and some thoughts:

- aww Chen Yu and Lian Song - Third Prince are cute and I am invested in them now more than our OTP

- Not sure what to think about this mortal arc. I can’t get use to DH with black hair as a goofy prince lol. I like that FJ has matured a bit but also still has lots to learn. Good intentions gone wrong is the motto. I hope it goes by quick.

-At first I was impress that Ji Heng wasn’t a villain right away but to see her turn into one over time now is also painful ( I am not a fan of the actress’ acting style) and she may replace Su Jin as the most annoying. 

oh and the opening song grew on me sooo much. Very emo rock lol but I dislike the closing song - the lady’s vocals are so weak

You'll grow to love the goofy and transparent DH soon enough XD. YESSS in mortal realm JH was just as annoying, and I do agree that she can't really act. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ninky said:

SMY is indeed affected by the emotional

aspect of the mirror more so due to his direct involvement in the story more than anything else. At his age, SMY has more than enough cultivation and rank to handle the effects of the mirror otherwise. 

All ancients can use the mirror. Dong Hua is currently the only ancient we really

got to know. That’s part of why we feel he is the most awesome to date. We will need the remaining books to get to know the rest of his brethren. 

I have finished reading the twenty four chapters of the original chinese manuscript of Lotus Step to understand the story to help me translate

in the correct context.

I can tell you now each of the other ancients are pretty special in their own right. 

Zu Ti, Shao Wan and Xie Ming are

all special in their own different ways. You will be amazed at what each one has done or could do just based on the little that has been slowly revealed so far.

Me thinks that once they are all awake and back into their original positions, the 3L3W universe will change completely. 

I'm sure they can use the Mirror and they better not do it because they would suffered from headaches just to come near it.. or they can't withstand it's mystical energy..

As such, the waterfall’s mystical energy was overwhelming. There were
few fairies who could withstand it. 
Even the ancient Zhenhuangs suffered
from headaches whenever they came here. 
This was why for the longest time, Donghua was the only one who used this place as a resting sport.

I don't think anyone want to use it unless necessary..if they want to use it does they know how to use it?..since the Mirror was DH's creation .. which requires something to  open it... not only their fairy energy or cultivation level..

When DH use Miaohua Glass that was already upgraded so that it's can show someone's life in the past and the present..DH wrote something but unfortunately SMY didn't know what's was it before DH threw it in the mirror.. wondering what did he wrote? FJ's name and birthdate?

If so , ...did he know Shen Ye birthdate?

Excitedly waiting for Lotus Step:lol:.. just like I'm excitedly waiting for Midnight Sun(Stephanie Meyer) will be released in August.

PS : An ancient Zhenhuangs..how old are they actually?

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, Megan said:

Maybe he uses it to play pranks on his guests. Say a guest he doesn’t like stays over, Xuyang puts him in a room near the waterfall. The unwanted guest gets a headache

meanwhile...why didn’t Dong Hua just use compression magic to send a message directly to Taichen Palace to Siming or Lian Song, or better yet, to Qingqiu?

Xuyang pranks guests? Haven't noticed that Xuyang would be the sort to do that to his guest, whatever kind of guest that is. He's monkish like Mo Yuan. 

If you mentioned as punishment to erring red demon, well, he or she at least gets to see something nice while the head's getting whacked. That is if they found a place to hang it, and finally managed to hang it probably after hundred or so years. DH himself will take decades to hang it (PB2, p441), and no way he'll step in demon realm for that.

Re: compression magic or Die zhou sorcery, if you were referring to DH in demon realm and FJ in Bihai Cangling, DH can't. Explanation posted at forum page 807, also below qoute, and the book volume and pages @jimmylyne mentioned in earlier passage posted, PB2, pp468-469

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

“Di Jun calculated the days required. As Die Zhou magic was unable to compress the space around the Holy Blue Sea... “

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

The magical energy is just strong. People with weaker cultivation cannot get too close that’s all. A-Li is a child. Ye Hua already expended all his father’s cultivation on the Bell but he is only around 50000 + years old, by the time he is the same age as his twin brother, he will be quite powerful due to his lineage as Father and Mother God’s offspring.

Don’t forget Mo Yuan, Bai Qian and Ye Hua were able to break the starlight ward in the book so that tells you their cultivation and knowledge of certain powerful magic is nothing to sneeze at either.

DH's mystical starlight ward had has required a combination of cultivation from Four ( MY, YH, BQ , YCW) super powerful Immortal to break it .

That should've tells us how almighty and powerful DH is..:lol:

Hyped up about BF because I like to know  DH's backstory and keen to know how TQ would make me felt when she writes MY/SW awesomeness.. especially about their tremendous cultivation level how they gained it.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

- Not sure what to think about this mortal arc. I can’t get use to DH with black hair as a goofy prince lol. I like that FJ has matured a bit but also still has lots to learn. Good intentions gone wrong is the motto. I hope it goes by quick.

The mortal arc may feel slow in between, but there are some memorable scenes after EP 12 :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Xuyang pranks guests? Haven't noticed that Xuyang would be the sort to do that to his guest, whatever kind of guest that is. He's monkish like Mo Yuan. 

If you mentioned as punishment to erring red demon, well, he or she at least gets to see something nice while the head's getting whacked. That is if they found a place to hang it, and finally managed to hung it probably after hundred or so years. DH himself will take decades to hang it (PB2, p441), and no way he'll step in demon realm for that.

Re: compression magic or Diezhu sorcery, if you were referring to DH in demon realm and FJ in Bihai Cangling, DH can't. Explanation posted at forum page 807, also below qoute, and the book volume and pages @jimmylyne mentioned in earlier passage posted, PB2, pp468-469

Not sure how I felt about Xu Yang in the books but really like him in the drama..

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Not sure how I felt about Xu Yang in the books but really like him in the drama..

I liked Xu Yang too in the adaptation. Even if I find his eye makeup funny, hahaha.

Book Xu Yang can be quite calculating when he "barters", but it's expected as who he rules are headstrong folks.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 6/15/2020 at 6:10 PM, Ninky said:

Nope. May be a good time to brush up the language. It’s not a bad thing! :blush:

It’s not a bad thing at all but maybe a bit impossible due to my rusty brain :tounge_xd:. I’m actually a Chinese descent from both parents. I could speak Hokkian from my mum side and Hakka from my dad side. I used to live in Sg for studying for a few years and I’m one of those Chinese looking person in Malay class. Lol. I choose Malay in mother tongue class because it’s impossible to do secondary school level of chinese with my very broken basic chinese :lol:. My chinese understanding is pretty good as far as to listen if someone cursing or bad mouthing me as many of my Singaporean friends teaching me the key words to look out for :D

• LOL 2

@stella77 I'm not a fan of the mortal arc either. It's either I skip it to episode 24 or I watch it by playing games on my phone every time I rewatched ELOD :sweatingbullets:. The female singer of the closing song is Reba. I have to admit her singing voice is weak but at least she sings better than Vengo :lol:

@jimmylyne@MayanEcho I like the drama Xu Yang too. He seems like a good person and really cares about JH while the book XY feels like he just wants to take whatever advantages he can from DH and JH. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@pawla ohhhh oops - I didn’t know it was Reba singing lol. I acknowledge her effort despite it not being for me. I endured the mortal arc solely because of Qingti and fast forward some bits and gah it was almost ten episodes long. I am now on episode 24. Finally FJ and DH meet as their true selves....

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

@pawla ohhhh oops - I didn’t know it was Reba singing lol. I acknowledge her effort despite it not being for me. I endured the mortal arc solely because of Qingti and fast forward some bits and gah it was almost ten episodes long. I am now on episode 24. Finally FJ and DH meet as their true selves....

The best really starts at Ep24 :) The mortal arc can drag at some episodes especially JH scenes. The importance of mortal arc though will be revealed much later. Meanwhile, enjoy watching! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dreams87 said:

My chinese understanding is pretty good as far as to listen if someone cursing or bad mouthing me as many of my Singaporean friends teaching me the key words to look out for :D

LOL. Why is it that we're usually taught first the bad words when we learn other languages? :lol: For example, some even would say, this is how you say good morning in xxxxx. Poor fellow happily "greets" some people the next day of what he was taught....only to find out he told them all "you're in heat". :sweatingbullets:

Disclaimer: that wasn't me, but I was one of those who got that greeting :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

I'm sure they can use the Mirror and they better not do it because they would suffered from headaches just to come near it.. or they can't withstand it's mystical energy..

As such, the waterfall’s mystical energy was overwhelming. There were
few fairies who could withstand it. 
Even the ancient Zhenhuangs suffered
from headaches whenever they came here. 
This was why for the longest time, Donghua was the only one who used this place as a resting sport.

I don't think anyone want to use it unless necessary..if they want to use it does they know how to use it?..since the Mirror was DH's creation .. which requires something to  open it... not only their fairy energy or cultivation level..

When DH use Miaohua Glass that was already upgraded so that it's can show someone's life in the past and the present..DH wrote something but unfortunately SMY didn't know what's was it before DH threw it in the mirror.. wondering what did he wrote? FJ's name and birthdate?

If so , ...did he know Shen Ye birthdate?

Excitedly waiting for Lotus Step:lol:.. just like I'm excitedly waiting for Midnight Sun(Stephanie Meyer) will be released in August.

PS : An ancient Zhenhuangs..how old are they actually?

Not as old as ancients likely a

generation after them. Every 100k years is a generation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

The best really starts at Ep24 :) The mortal arc can drag at some episodes especially JH scenes. The importance of mortal arc though will be revealed much later. Meanwhile, enjoy watching! 

Forgive me but i was one of the people who hated the mortal arc. It was not canon to the books so I was like

meh. I think they should have shortened the number of episodes on it. I perked up after she returned to Qing  Qiu.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, pawla said:

@stella77 I'm not a fan of the mortal arc either. It's either I skip it to episode 24 or I watch it by playing games on my phone every time I rewatched ELOD :sweatingbullets:. The female singer of the closing song is Reba. I have to admit her singing voice is weak but at least she sings better than Vengo :lol:

@jimmylyne@MayanEcho I like the drama Xu Yang too. He seems like a good person and really cares about JH while the book XY feels like he just wants to take whatever advantages he can from DH and JH. 

The true personality of Xu Yang is the book one and he was not nice. He wanted his sister to marry Dong Hua to consolidate his power grrr (book version)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Forgive me but i was one of the people who hated the mortal arc. It was not canon to the books so I was like

meh. I think they should have shortened the number of episodes on it. I perked up after she returned to Qing  Qiu.

I hated the parts showing Prince Ying, Nie Chuyin, JH, and look-alike of Minsu. :lol: I wish too that FJ didn't jump off. Moreover, the book was better why FJ was married to Ye Qingti. That part shouldn't have been omitted in the series. It would have been hilarious. 

Almost all of mortal arc is changed or made up except mortal Emperor, Qingti and FJ.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Question...while Dong Hua was looking for Feng Jiu, his appearance is described as sickly. I know he was poisoned and all, but during those 200 years, did he try to heal the poison faster? How?

i can’t decide if his thinness is caused by the poison or because he was too busy searching for Feng Jiu...

when I think of his sickly appearance, I can’t help thinking, this is the price he willingly paid to be rid of Jiheng.

to get rid of a clingy princess, you have to absorb deadly poison and potentially alienate your Wife.

such a dilemma. Maybe Dong Hua should have used the amnesia potion on Jiheng...

it really says something about how repulsive Jiheng must be for someone to choose poison over her.

Edited by Megan

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Question...while Dong Hua was looking for Feng Jiu, his appearance is described as sickly. I know he was poisoned and all, but during those 200 years, did he try to heal the poison faster? How?

i can’t decide if his thinness is caused by the poison or because he was too busy searching for Feng Jiu...

when I think of his sickly appearance, I can’t help thinking, this is the price he willingly paid to be rid of Jiheng.

to get rid of a clingy princess, you have to absorb deadly poison and potentially alienate your Wife.

such a dilemma. Maybe Dong Hua should have used the amnesia potion on Jiheng...

it really says something about how repulsive Jiheng must be for someone to choose poison over her.

Amnesia potion will not heal JH. That is a band-aid solution. DH's absorption of the poison is still the best course. He gets rid of her forever without dishonouring Meng Hao.

The purple robe came into view, bringing with it a medicinal scent. Fengjiu slightly gazed up. After two hundred years of not seeing each other, as her aunt had said in one of her letters, Donghua was now much thinner, his complexion a little sickly and wan. But his spirits appeared to be all right. (PB2, p455)

He looked at her, his voice a hoarseness: “I didn't live well at all.” (PB2, p457)

There were two ways to cure the Qiushui poison, either slow or quick. Slow would be using magic along with magical medicine to cure part of the poison, stabilize it, then bring her to Fanyin Valley to recuperate as they did 500 years ago when Jiheng was poisoned for the first time. Quick would be to draw the poison from her body into one's own body, then treat oneself at a later time. The poison in Jiheng's body at this time could only be cured by the second method. 

Because the poison could not be left in her body for too long, curing it would take at least 6 or 7 days. Bringing her back to Red Demon clan would take another day. In Dijun's careful estimation, the Diezhu sorcery could not be used in the Blue Sea, so he wrote two letters and bid Yan Chiwu to deliver them to the Blue Sea. One was to be given to Fengjiu, the other to the wedding planners, her mother and Zhonglin. The story was briefly explained inside each other these letters.(PB2, p468)

So is it the poison or worrying that made DH gaunt? You can draw the answer from the following:

In the frightening silence, Zhonglin softened his voice: “But Dijun ordered me to hurry to the 36th sky to take the Lianxin Glass from Qing Yun Hall. The Lianxin Glass is a holy object used to stabilize the Miaoyi Huiming Realm. Facing a decision of life and death, Dijun did not choose to purify the Miaoyi Realm but to stabilize it again. Why, do you think, did he choose this route? Do you know what kind of consequences there will be if Dijun chooses this?” (PB2, p470)

Yuhe Hall was in complete silence, the only sound being Zhonglin's soft sigh. “Repairing the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had depleted half of Dijun's cultivation. Originally, he only needed a century-long sleep to recover, but at the time, Dijun had directed all of the Qiushui poison from Jiheng into his own body. The Qiushui poison will spread to his essence. If he wanted to regain the lost cultivation, it would take at least five times as long. But once the Miaoyi Huiming Realm is stabilized, it could only stay stable for another few centuries, there is fundamentally not enough time for Dijun to recover his cultivation. By the time the Miaoyi Huiming Realm collapses again, Dijun could only use the rest of his cultivation and his entire essence to hold it off. The road awaiting Dijun…” Zhonglin looked up to the sky, unable to finish his sentence. He switched to saying, “Since Dijun is so much smarter than I am, how can he not know which way is better? He only chose to stabilize it because, because he could not bear the thought of not seeing you again when he finally returns to the fairy realm tens of thousands of years from now. Dijun worries that without him here to protect you, you wouldn't be able to pass your divinity trial and would not survive until then. Rather than that, if he dies, he would still have a few hundred years of happiness with you before he passes away. But…” Zhonglin said chokingly, “but you've been gone for the past 200 years.”

Her lips were bleeding, but Fengjiu had no idea. 

Zhonglin continued the onslaught: “Do you know how Dijun has lived these two hundred years? You must know now why Dijun would abuse his power to close the Jade Pond just to force you here? All because that'd be the last time he'd get to see you. But there have been so many misunderstandings that could no longer be explained or should be explained because he is afraid you would blame yourself. Dijun… had at first intended to purify the Miaoyi Huiming Realm and then fall into a deep sleep with you. Even now, he manages to think of the long life ahead of you and does not want you to feel guilty for the rest of your life. Do you know how difficult it is to do that? Yet at the Crystal Tower when Dijun told you he has had a rough time in the past 200 years, what did you say to him?” (PB2, p471)

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

The first time i watched Mortal arc , I hate it because SXR stole FJ's first kiss (  I know her first kiss was actually with DH when she's baby fox)..the second time I watched Mortal arc I kind of like it a little bit...and the third time I love it although not as much as I love Dongfeng..

But Yes.. they should shortened the episode at least make it less than 10 episodes....or cut off JH screentime because her character didn't effect the storylines..

• Like 2
  • LOL 1