[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

32 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

IKR ..Wayne Liu and Zhang BinBin such a beautiful man they are..

I'm in love with ZBB character as Reba's BFF in Pretty Li Huizhen.

ZBB was paired with Dilraba in the King’s Woman. Very tragic ending but it was to be expected. Book ending was the same. But his acting was so good, it was totally believable he was King of Qin who would later become Qin Shi Huang Di.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

19 minutes ago, Ninky said:

ZBB was paired with Dilraba in the King’s Woman. Very tragic ending but it was to be expected. Book ending was the same. But his acting was so good, it was totally believable he was King of Qin who would later become Qin Shi Huang Di.

I liked ZBB's portrayal in that drama. And he looked really good too. Good acting chops and eye candy (both ZBB and Reba).

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I hate the ending of KW ...an extreme angst...but I love the ost.

• Like 2

Currently reading just after the failed wedding, still steaming because I will always begrudge Dong Hua for being absent. Sure I get why he did it, but the wound still stings.

so this post is just really me venting my rage...again...^.^’ honestly I’m surprised I still can vent.

i soothe my injured pride (I don’t know why but i actually feel that for the Bai clan’s sake) by consoling myself with Dong Hua’s public search and miserable 200 years. (I sound awful but I do love karma. I just feel rage when I think of a ruined wedding and the Husband carrying another woman...)

then I suddenly found myself thinking of the situation from an outsider’s POV.

im imagining myself as a guest to the wedding banquet only to realize it is a feast.

My immortal avatar shrugs this off and enjoys the feast. But when will the wedding come?

then my immortal avatar is one of the few who hears of Dong Hua carrying Jiheng to the Red Demon Clan and bargaining for them to take her back.

woah...what is this? Dong Hua doing something so nice for his former fiancée...what is going on? Was the banquet supposed to be a wedding banquet?

some time passes, no more news. Then all of a sudden Dong Hua is ordering us to search for his bride/Wife.

i sense a scandal.

as Bai Zhi said, it is very good few people know about how Dong Hua carried Jiheng to the Red Demon Clan.

hmm, it’s interesting, I always begrudge Ye Hua and Dong Hua for their mistakes and seek to find what painful karma they got in return...maybe it’s because we see things from the fox POV. If there was a whole book about things from Dong Hua or Ye Hua’s POV instead of a few chapters, I might actually be on their side.

1 hour ago, jimmylyne said:

I hate the ending of KW ...an extreme angst...but I love the ost.

True.. I was so angry and cursing at the king, he lost the love of his life just like that. They were starting to sincerely love each other and spent such lovely time together. Damn it :weary:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently reading just after the failed wedding, still steaming because I will always begrudge Dong Hua for being absent. Sure I get why he did it, but the wound still stings.

so this post is just really me venting my rage...again...^.^’ honestly I’m surprised I still can vent.

i soothe my injured pride (I don’t know why but i actually feel that for the Bai clan’s sake) by consoling myself with Dong Hua’s public search and miserable 200 years. (I sound awful but I do love karma. I just feel rage when I think of a ruined wedding and the Husband carrying another woman...)

then I suddenly found myself thinking of the situation from an outsider’s POV.

im imagining myself as a guest to the wedding banquet only to realize it is a feast.

My immortal avatar shrugs this off and enjoys the feast. But when will the wedding come?

then my immortal avatar is one of the few who hears of Dong Hua carrying Jiheng to the Red Demon Clan and bargaining for them to take her back.

woah...what is this? Dong Hua doing something so nice for his former fiancée...what is going on? Was the banquet supposed to be a wedding banquet?

some time passes, no more news. Then all of a sudden Dong Hua is ordering us to search for his bride/Wife.

i sense a scandal.

as Bai Zhi said, it is very good few people know about how Dong Hua carried Jiheng to the Red Demon Clan.

hmm, it’s interesting, I always begrudge Ye Hua and Dong Hua for their mistakes and seek to find what painful karma they got in return...maybe it’s because we see things from the fox POV. If there was a whole book about things from Dong Hua or Ye Hua’s POV instead of a few chapters, I might actually be on their side.

The thing is, it was neither DH or FJ's fault that failed the wedding banquet. Yet they both suffered terribly and a 3rd person, BGG also got dragged into the aftermath. If you want to talk about karma, it should be JH who gets it instead, rite? But it doesn't mean just because it's DH or YH the severity of the karma should be worse than others, I think that's unfair and even if that happens it's not like they are able to choose.

I understand that you are still hung up on DH's failure in attending his own wedding banquet but maybe we should bury the hatchet already? :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chsaf said:

True.. I was so angry and cursing at the king, he lost the love of his life just like that. They were starting to sincerely love each other and spent such lovely time together. Damn it :weary:

It is based in a novel and she did die so there is no way for a HEA of any sort. She wanted him to learn from her death but he did not. 

He kept to his ambition and united China. It would be at the cost of having no one who will truly love him as we know what he became in history.

Though if he did not unite China, there will

be no China of today. The past affects the present after all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ninky said:

It is based in a novel and she did die so there is no way for a HEA of any sort. She wanted him to learn from her death but he did not. 

He kept to his ambition and united China. It would be at the cost of having no one who will truly love him as we know what he became in history.

I knew the ending wouldn't end well, so I thought I was mentally prepared for it. But the execution of that scene and the ultimate ending broke my heart. The tomb of the Qin emperor was one of the places I wanted to visit if I went to China, seems like I will have to postpone overseas travel for at least another year. :bawling:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chsaf said:

The thing is, it was neither DH or FJ's fault that failed the wedding banquet. Yet they both suffered terribly and a 3rd person, BGG also got dragged into the aftermath. If you want to talk about karma, it should be JH who gets it instead, rite? But it doesn't mean just because it's DH or YH the severity of the karma should be worse than others, I think that's unfair and even if that happens it's not like they are able to choose.

I understand that you are still hung up on DH's failure in attending his own wedding banquet but maybe we should bury the hatchet already? :sweatingbullets: 

I agree with you @chsaf. The story is written this way so that both Dong Hua and Feng Jiu learn something from it. The author said that herself. She said that the separation of 200 years was necessary for Dong Hua to learn that honesty and truth is the best way to go for matters of the heart. He has 0 EQ so this hard lesson is well taught to him.

@Megan I know you are still angsty about him not coming to his own wedding but he is no ordinary immortal. He has to look after the greater good and in this instance it is precisely because he loves her that he made the choice to purify the realm instead of destroying Miao Luo and the realm for good and entering into a long period of deep sleep like other ancient immortals had done before him.

So just let Dong Hua move on with Feng Jiu into their forever. 200 years of life is nothing to these immortals who live almost forever. Don’t lose sight of the bigger picture. :blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@Ninky i’ll try. It usually takes me to the end of the novel before I can let go of my grudges.

@chsaf speaking of Jiheng’s karma...hmm...in the book, I say it’s annoying how she gets to have a comfortable ending. In the drama...I honestly did not believe in her love for Xiao Yan. Either way, she doesn’t have an unhappy ending beyond a failed crush. Su Jin’s was much more satisfying and dramatic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Getting all the sides, and looking at the big picture is always the way to go. There's no point focusing on mundane matters - it's always best to find out what is the real issue, what is the actual problem. Basic employment of the five Ws and H can help pinpoint what must be tackled so that a solution can be reached and provided.

I also always say it to leave the emotions aside to keep the judgment clear and concise.

Unfortunately the Bais especially the elders are more concerned with not losing faces. Bai Zhi already got a taste of that when he was in denial that Nie Chuyin who's much elder will duel with FJ. Had DH did not step in as their son-in-law, in the novel they'll be supporting the ambitions of Nie Chuyin, might even have FJ married to him, in the series they'll be sending their subjects to be fed to Miao Luo.

DH is at fault for a lot of things - altering FJ's memories, the lies. That's a given. But the Bais never gave him the chance to explain himself why he did what he did. They would have known then that he's doing what he believes will keep the relationship with FJ despite Destiny having other ideas. He could have explained that his absence at his wedding banquet is to make sure JH will never be a part of his life anymore, and to permanently keep her away from FJ. Plus of course, the Huiming realm that he must take care, or else, disaster to everyone living in all realms.

No wonder DH can joke about IQs getting pulled down. There's a grain of truth in that. The Bais that are featured except Bai Zhen are weak in analysis and are hasty in drawing conclusions. When it comes to loyalty and family, they are very close knit. However, it's not always for the best results. Just look at the disaster of DH and FJ partly brought by Bai Yi's incomplete information he senselessly and tactlessly relayed to his daughter.

The same with YH - he grossly misjudged how fastidious and stuffy are his grandfather and parents. It was too late he realized that whatever he did, however accomplished he was, did not matter - Tianjun and his concubine ward Su Jin are still hellbent on killing Su Su BQ. Even if YH showed he's even better as the heir apparent when he married his mortal wife. They only saw that a lowly mortal can never be his wife. It was also apparent when he died - celestials' fastidiousness kept harping on rules and will not let BQ attend his funeral. Makes one raise brows how pushy they were for alliance with Qing Qiu. 

It wasn't difficult though to understand when they decided BQ should not be a part of the funeral - they probably heard how YH was standing outdoors under elements for days while BQ refused to see him while she is wallowing in pain and wine on what she eventually remembered. The celestials will see this as mistreatment and unfairness to their son, even if BQ was really in deep sorrow and despair over YH's death.

What do we learn here? The importance of communication, being honest, keeping the channels open, and holding off judgment until all sides had their say. And yeah, allow, nay, insist that couples having problems due to communication issues face each other and really talk to clear up things once and for all.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

What do we learn here? The importance of communication, being honest, keeping the channels open, and holding off judgment until all sides had their say.

Totally agree. Before jumping to conclusions or making hasty decisions, chances of self explanation and proper understanding should be made to the relevant parties so that there won't be a disastrous ending (like the wedding after).

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, chsaf said:

She saved him so many time...but at the end she died in his hand ,  betrayed by her own "trusted" maid , she's also miscarriage..:dissapointed_relieved:

The King has a Bipolar/multi-personal disorder sorts of..:sweatingbullets:

And ZBB done a really good job tho..Reba also..

Their chemistry is really good .. although not as amazing as Guangre.

They collaborated so many time before ..

v love

Pretty Li Huizhen

Tmopb

King woman

The Flame Daughter

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Totally agree. Before jumping to conclusions or making hasty decisions, chances of self explanation and proper understanding should be made to the relevant parties so that there won't be a disastrous ending (like the wedding after).

Totally. In real life, TBH, I find it hard to understand when couples have unresolved issues due to communication problems. I usually find out it's mostly pride that stops them, both sides think they're right and the other is wrong. :expressionless: But they refuse to talk, and when they do they end up fighting verbally because of closed minds. 

I've a couple of friends in that situation, and even if I dearly love them, I know they're also making it worse by not saying anything to their partner. Oh well, I made them watch ELOD. So far, it's been weeks since that I didn't have to be a sounding board, hahaha.

I'm so looking forward to DH and FJ's 200 day of wedding party to celebrate their reunion, and most likely, to formally introduce their son BGG to the immortals of all realms. :blush:

• Like 3

Actually DH tried to communicate the fact that he can’t show up for the wedding. But as fate would have it, Yan Chi Wu nearly got murdered by his enemies while he was trying to deliver the letter. And DH cannot use magic to communicate as he can’t compress the Holy Blue Sea.

This clearly illustrates their shallow fate. So even if they did the right thing, it can also go wrong. Granted all the lying and memory alteration made it worse but at the end of the day, the story is about a couple with no fate, creating their shallow fate and then finally destiny decided to grant them their wish to be together forever.

Never lose sight of the big picture! It is important, even in real life!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I haven't watched it, but I hope to this coming summer break. But maybe the book first before watching, hehe.

I rather think it's rare in history that a leader has it all - a fiefdom he successfully leads, and a stable family life. Though that's just me on what I've read about or observed. :)

And yeah, eye on the prize, always. Don't get sidetracked by unimportant things.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

She saved him so many time...but at the end she died in his hand ,  betrayed by her own "trusted" maid , she's also miscarriage..:dissapointed_relieved:

The King has a Bipolar/multi-personal disorder sorts of..:sweatingbullets:

And ZBB done a really good job tho..Reba also..

Their chemistry is really good .. although not as amazing as Guangre.

They collaborated so many time before ..

v love

Pretty Li Huizhen

Tmopb

King woman

The Flame Daughter

The King of Qin is pretty damaged due to his turbulent childhood, it is no wonder he acted the way he did. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Megan said:

@Ninky i’ll try. It usually takes me to the end of the novel before I can let go of my grudges.

@chsaf speaking of Jiheng’s karma...hmm...in the book, I say it’s annoying how she gets to have a comfortable ending. In the drama...I honestly did not believe in her love for Xiao Yan. Either way, she doesn’t have an unhappy ending beyond a failed crush. Su Jin’s was much more satisfying and dramatic.

Actually i am satisfied with Ji Heng’s

end. It is a lifetime of banishment to the demon realm, never to step foot outside it and live a life of eternal loneliness as she will never find love.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

It wasn't difficult though to understand when they decided BQ should not be a part of the funeral - they probably heard how YH was standing outdoors under elements for days while BQ refused to see him while she is wallowing in pain and wine on what she eventually remembered. The celestials will see this as mistreatment and unfairness to their son, even if BQ was really in deep sorrow and despair over YH's death.

Have they forgotten that Ye Hua literally chooses Bai Qian over his clan every time. And he would probably have wanted to be buried in Qingqiu or anything to be close to her? 

4 hours ago, Ninky said:

And DH cannot use magic to communicate as he can’t compress the Holy Blue Sea.

I don’t remember that...