[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Let's list who offended DH and managed to be still alive:

Mo Yuan :D

Lian Song :lol:

Su Moye :phew:

Su Jin ** 

Yan Chiwu :P

Nie Chuyin

Ji Heng

Zhi He

Zhi Yue **

Not sure if FJ should be listed, LOL! He tolerates, is amused with, and looks forward to her antics!

** - needs book rechecking.

I want to laugh at lian song, he won’t die in Dong Hua’s hands but he might die in someone else’s hahahahaha

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, Ali, sort of. He refused to share him a piece of pastry. :lol:

Notice he never show anger towards children? That’s a good trait. Out of everyone there, he did not show the young boy his displeasure but he did give Lian Song the look hahahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

8 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I take comfort in knowing ELOD have 8 billon views and this shows how popular it is, even though it had near 0 promotion and is only available via online platform.

Actually they did promote via weibo but that’s the only place they could as the country was in total covid lockdown. They were giving interviews live from

home etc. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

Nobody knows if DH like to eat something sweets..even LS the one who are closer to him also didn't know about DH like sweets. 

Maybe that why FJ didn't offer her cakes to DH.

And originally FJ just wanted to give it to Ali only but LS take the chances to provokes DH by asking for the cakes as well..and XY too didn't awared about DH's jealously... hence the "flying Vessel" happened because of DH's hand slipped..and the funny thing is XY didn't even know who make him fell off the stairs.

PB1 page 261

After a series of loud crashes, a
furious growl shot upward: “Which bastard tried to murder me?!”
The soup vessel that was in Donghua's hand had inexplicably disappeared.
“Sorry, my hand slipped,” he said, gazing out absentmindedly.
Ah Li with a mouthful of daikon cake cheered obscurely, “Whoa, it slipped pretty far!”
Liansong: “...”
Fengjiu: “...” 

PS: Or maybe DH didn't like sweets before but only love to eat whatever FJ cooked or made.

Actually he was on the staircase landing one flight of stairs down. He fell down from that landing down the rest of the stairs after the bowl “slipped” and hit him.

After that he yelled up the stairs at whoever did that hahhah. That was why he didn’t see the bowl coming. He was one flight down the stairs hahaha.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I want to laugh at lian song, he won’t die in Dong Hua’s hands but he might die in someone else’s hahahahaha

And not just once, from the looks of it. Scratch that someone, it's more like one after another's hands :lol:

Spoiler

He himself woke up one who wants to beat him up

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

23 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Hmm, Ali, sort of. He refused to share him a piece of pastry. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Notice he never show anger towards children? That’s a good trait. Out of everyone there, he did not show the young boy his displeasure but he did give Lian Song the look hahahaha.

It's true DH never show anger towards children... 

But I seem to remember DH make Ali cried ... something he said about Kunlun..in the mini special outtakes.

I'm not sure if it was a TQs or a fanfic..tho.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

23 minutes ago, Ninky said:

He subtly pranks Ali, and he was brushing the head of the kid in mask at Aranya's dream. :wub: He's very tolerant of children, and it must be extreme unruliness before kids get a taste of the infamous vinegar tongue.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

Actually he was on the staircase landing one flight of stairs down. He fell down from that landing down the rest of the stairs after the bowl “slipped” and hit him.

After that he yelled up the stairs at whoever did that hahhah. That was why he didn’t see the bowl coming. He was one flight down the stairs hahaha.

Stumbling down the stairs...

One of my favourite "hilarious" scenes in the books.. never fails to make me laughed..every:joy:times.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

24 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Stumbling down the stairs...

One of my favourite "hilarious" scenes in the books.. never fails to make me laughed..every:joy:times.

I really wish that scene was followed as it was in the book. It's way funnier!

All of them got some funny bone. Even the very proper Si Ming and Zhong Lin, hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Currently reading about how Dong Hua lets others handle the wedding and that gets me all up in a rage again thinking about his absence. Yes, I know he has his reasons, but it still stings.

Dong Hua is supposed to make up for his absence with a 200 day wedding. For this extravaganza, do you think the fox clan had a hand in preparing it or was it all done by Taichen Palace? I hope it is the latter

27 minutes ago, Megan said:

Currently reading about how Dong Hua lets others handle the wedding and that gets me all up in a rage again thinking about his absence. Yes, I know he has his reasons, but it still stings.

Dong Hua is supposed to make up for his absence with a 200 day wedding. For this extravaganza, do you think the fox clan had a hand in preparing it or was it all done by Taichen Palace? I hope it is the latter

You prefer a micromanaging DH?

FJ is the only granddaughter and the only nine-tailed fox in her generation. The Bais and Qing Qiu will do something for FJ, regardless of Tai Chen preparing everything. Try stopping Grandma Fumi...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Megan said:

No point getting angry at his absence. Managing the Miao Yi realm was more important. Disaster for the immortal world should it collapse, its not a matter to be taken lightly. The story is what it is, if this scenario did not happen, there is no HEA and no story to tell. Life is never perfect. Tang Qi is telling us that.

Both of them will treasure each other more because of what happened. Trust is not an easy one to handle. Book Dong Hua did alter her memory after all and told her many lies. Who’s to know what’s real and what’s false to her. She was confused, sad and angry. Trust is important for a couple and this was missing at this juncture.

The tribulation at the end teaches Dong Hua about being careful about using certain things as a means to an end and the value of truth. It taught Feng Jiu to trust Dong Hua, that truly everything he did, he did it for her.

Alls well ends well after all.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

You prefer a micromanaging DH?

FJ is the only granddaughter and the only nine-tailed fox in her generation. The Bais and Qing Qiu will do something for FJ, regardless of Tai Chen preparing everything. Try stopping Grandma Fumi...

Both parties will definitely be involved. Particularly between Zhong Lin and her parents. In the book, her mother is a fan of Dong Hua since she was young as well and admired him while growing up.

:blush: 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Both parties will definitely be involved. Particularly between Zhong Lin and her parents. In the book, her mother is a fan of Dong Hua since she was young as well and admired him while growing up.

:blush: 

She is, but Grandma Fumi really comes to mind. :lol: FJ is her only nine-tailed fox grandchild, right? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She is, but Grandma Fumi really comes to mind. :lol: FJ is her only nine-tailed fox grandchild, right? 

yes, grandma fumi is the head of the single tailed crimson fox clan and Feng Jiu is the only crimson red fox with nine tails. She is very cute, red body, white socks.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

yes, grandma fumi is the head of the single tailed crimson fox clan and Feng Jiu is the only crimson red fox with nine tails. She is very cute, red body, white socks.

There's no way the red fox matriarch can be excluded in preparation of FJ's grand wedding ceremony. :lol:

• Like 2

On 6/11/2020 at 5:44 AM, UnluckyWhiteCat said:

Fengjiu quietly slid off of Donghua's body and turned and slinked back to the arena. After several steps, Dijun's voice called to her from behind: “Xiao Bai, shouldn't you at least say sorry for biting me?” In his voice, she could clearly hear his teasing tone; for someone who had just been poked fun at, to be able to so confidently speak in this way, indeed could only be Dijun. Without looking back, Fengjiu dryly said, “Sorry I've bitten you.” Donghua was silent for a moment, then suddenly softly asked, “Are you truly sorry?” Fengjiu tripped and glared back in irritation. “What do I gain from lying to you?” Donghua contemplated for a moment, then, seeming puzzled, asked, “What else can one hope to gain from lying? Isn't it for your own gratification?” Fengjiu: “... fine, you win.” (Upper volume, chapter 11)

Adapted from Hamster's version (bolded is my added translation). When I went through the original text, I wondered why she would omit all these details, they make everything so much clearer, and she probably would have done a far better job than me. And imo, this one really changed the tone of the text. :cry:

Damn, u guys are making it literally impossible to get over ELOD/Pillow book (In a good way) :smiley:

i wish I can magically learn Chinese within a day so I can read all those left out juicy details :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

15 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

In MDL..some haters even given as lower as 1/10 rating or 1.5 after watched for a few episodes only..such a childdish attitude.

I'm give TMOPB's 9/10 because , overall it was really an awesome story/drama ( not bad no 3 for Cdrama I've watched, and kind of hooked with cdrama Fantasy Genre thereafter) still gives 9/10 despite my resentful toward Dongfeng's ending.. I really hate the ending of Dongfeng's couple in it.. stupid scripts writers..urgh.

One of the comments - *Stupid girl who chasing after a guy who didn't even know her existence.. stupid ,naive, no dignity* then mentioned they dropped the show.

Too bad they didn't get to watch how that "stupid girl" being persue by the most powerful Almighty deity in the universe soonest after he know of her existence..

Just like @MayanEcho I'm also a latecomer of Cdrama, only interested because of Dongfeng or to be precise it V/R's chemistry the real reason I'm now into Cdrama.

I'm more into Kdrama before...

In general Chinese dramas Love's it's FL lead to be of naive type but most of the time it comes across as irritating than Adorable depending on the plot and the actress's potrayal of the characters.. 

Maybe that's why many neutral just assume ELOD is one of those cliche series? ELOD haters are not helping the case either. If only these people can watch ELOD with fresh set of mind by forgetting all those cringey drama they've seen so far then they'll see how brilliantly Reba played the FJ character. Her cuteness, naivety and pure Innocence was on point, none of FJ traits were overly done but all of them were very well balanced, only few actresses can pull off FJ Personality and Reba was perfect choice. Ontop of this the whole premises of ELOD is on another level coz of DH, no character in xianxia drama can come close to Dh's majestic self, so to see such unparalleled god falling in love itself makes this a unique love story of all time, many are missing out on such a magical romance 

P.S: I follow avenuex (YouTuber) reviews very closely, I love how mature she is when it comes to constructive criticism so I was really sad wen she gave negative reviews for ELOD and then decided to drop the drama in the middle itself :dissapointed: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aari sky said:

P.S: I follow avenuex (YouTuber) reviews very closely, I love how mature she is when it comes to constructive criticism so I was really sad wen she gave negative reviews for ELOD and then decided to drop the drama in the middle itself :dissapointed: 

Sadly not everyone can be pleased. In the end though, the viewer would decide if reviews of others counts - critique is valid and rational, or just go by the instinct and watch what looks promising.

• Like 3

Hmm...we know Dong Hua is rich enough to hold the wedding again. But what about the Bais? Will they help to pay for stuff or just put it on Dong Hua’s tab? 200 day wedding...wow...long bill