[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

8 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

At the beginning of the show.. it's was so bad.. practically a warfare  in MDL..

That time I was so frustrated with all the hate comments.. as a reader of the books I'm still trying to reasoning with some of them ..until I'm given up and stop visited .. only go there's just to gives ( to bragged actually ...lol ) an info about how ELOD successfulness and  become popular drama in China as no 1 highest viewers although had a strong competition with other drama that's aired at the same time.

PS: I wanted to give ELOD 100/10 but only can give 10/10 . As for main couple chemistry... totally agree..out of the universe..off the charts.

I take comfort in knowing ELOD have 8 billon views and this shows how popular it is, even though it had near 0 promotion and is only available via online platform.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I take comfort in knowing ELOD have 8 billon views and this shows how popular it is, even though it had near 0 promotion and is only available via online platform.

Ikr ...and to achieves 5 billions views 40 days after it premiered was a huge achievements. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, ChibiLy said:

ELoD is emotionally driven and a true romance, it is solely focused on the main leads. I have read some complaints that there are too many dialogs and not enough action. I laughed, because these viewers obviously did not read the drama description.

And here I am wanting more dialogues because I can watch their smouldering chemistry all day! 

31 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

That time I was so frustrated with all the hate comments.. as a reader of the books I'm still trying to reasoning with some of them ..until I'm given up and stop visited .. only go there's just to gives ( to bragged actually ...lol ) an info about how ELOD successfulness and  become popular drama in China as no 1 highest viewers although had a strong competition with other drama that's aired at the same time.

Them giving low rates/unfair feedbacks were proven wrong. 8B for less than 6mo during pandemic and nil promotions. ;)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

That blink and you'll miss the swiping! :lol:

They were so cute in this scene. :wub:

The bickering! Only FJ can bicker with DH. DH most likely stay silent or walk away if it was anyone else.

27 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Sneaky DH and his prowess and skillful magic..lol

Awww.. Dongfeng is so cute...

I actually like the book version, when he turned the flower to pink.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Sneaky DH and his prowess and skillful magic..lol

Awww.. Dongfeng is so cute...

Ikr.. How come anyone hate this couple :wub: I am biased. I am hopeless romantic after all. I don’t care. I think they are the cutest thing ever (period) hence I follow this page religiously to find more counterparts :joy:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

In MDL..some haters even given as lower as 1/10 rating or 1.5 after watched for a few episodes only..such a childdish attitude.

I'm give TMOPB's 9/10 because , overall it was really an awesome story/drama ( not bad no 3 for Cdrama I've watched, and kind of hooked with cdrama Fantasy Genre thereafter) still gives 9/10 despite my resentful toward Dongfeng's ending.. I really hate the ending of Dongfeng's couple in it.. stupid scripts writers..urgh.

One of the comments - *Stupid girl who chasing after a guy who didn't even know her existence.. stupid ,naive, no dignity* then mentioned they dropped the show.

Too bad they didn't get to watch how that "stupid girl" being persue by the most powerful Almighty deity in the universe soonest after he know of her existence..

Just like @MayanEcho I'm also a latecomer of Cdrama, only interested because of Dongfeng or to be precise it V/R's chemistry the real reason I'm now into Cdrama.

I'm more into Kdrama before...

Also add to that, that powerful deity  became a big baby when getting FJ's attention.

I'm also a latecomer in Cdrama. Only got into it 2 years ago. Kdrama was my life for 10 years before that. But now, Kdrama plots are repeating. Nothing new. And I want a lot of fluff!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

43 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

The bickering! Only FJ can bicker with DH. DH most likely stay silent or walk away if it was anyone else.

I actually like the book version, when he turned the flower to pink.

Yes..me too.

Their conversation is really funny in the the book.. especially DH trying to say something funny and purposely misquoted the lines..

PB2 page 265

She spoke so valiantly, head raised high that the white hairpin on her head
shook as it threatened to fall off. At last, it fell away from her hair and
Donghua, who had been waiting, reached his hand out to catch it. Looking
down at the hairpin in his hand, his eyes glimmered in recollection of
something. “They say to meet a playful teacher is a godsend blessing.”
Fengjiu really didn't know what to say anymore. “Don't think I haven't
read my books. They clearly say a serious teacher, not a teasing teacher.”

Dijun wasn't too happy with the hairpin on her head. He removed it and turned it into a pink flower, then carefully pinned it back on her hair.
“Then let's just say I'm being upright for once.”

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Mwahahaha, DH, what are you most of the time then? :joy: You got all others fooled by your icy face and sutra readings.

Lol...ikr but who's all others actually?

To be truth...If I didn't read the books I might be fooled by his aloofness and icy face as well:lol:

• LOL 2

18 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Lol...ikr but who's all others actually?

To be truth...If I didn't read the books I might be fooled by his aloofness and icy face as well:lol:

Most of Jiuchongtian's residents? The other realms who knew the battle glories of the Tai Chen recluse but little else other than his vinegar tongue? Hahaha! :joy:

There's reality of him not being upright when he told XY what for him is honour. :naughty: "What's that? Never heard of it." Ali also had a taste of DH's pranking not only him, but ZY as well. :joy:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Most of Jiuchongtian's residents? The other realms who knew the battle glories of the Tai Chen recluse but little else other than his vinegar tongue? Hahaha! :joy:

There's reality of him not being upright when he told XY what for him is honour. :naughty: "What's that? Never heard of it." Ali also had a taste of DH's pranking not only him, but ZY as well. :joy:

Surely all his peers from the same generation also had a taste as well including Bai Zhi..maybe.

And also.... MY and YH although they pay no attention to it , while LS happily being pranked by DH.

PB1 page 128

She didn’t know pranking others was a
special hobby of Donghua’s. If it had been the quiet Yehua or Moyuan
who was offended, they would normally pay no attention to the whole
thing. Or if it had been Liansong who actually preferred to be offended,
he’d get to return the favor a hundred-fold. As for Donghua... this person
was a bit special. Since the beginning of time, few offended him and still
came out alive.

• LOL 2

57 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Since the beginning of time, few offended him and still
came out alive.

Let's list who offended DH and managed to be still alive:

Mo Yuan :D

Lian Song :lol:

Su Moye :phew:

Su Jin ** 

Yan Chiwu :P

Nie Chuyin

Ji Heng

Zhi He

Zhi Yue **

Not sure if FJ should be listed, LOL! He tolerates, is amused with, and looks forward to her antics!

** - needs book rechecking.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Let's list who offended DH and managed to be still alive:

Mo Yuan :D

Lian Song :lol:

Su Moye :phew:

Su Jin ** 

Yan Chiwu :P

Nie Chuyin

Ji Heng

Zhi He

Zhi Yue **

Not sure if FJ should be listed, LOL! He tolerates, is amused with, and looks forward to her antics!

** - needs book rechecking.

how about SMY.. purposely not telling DH about FJ's primordial spirit in Aranya.

Maybe MengShao and Chang Yi..not offended him but they did make him felt jealous.

His own shadow Shen Ye?

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

how about SMY.. purposely not telling DH about FJ's primordial spirit in Aranya.

Maybe MengShao and Chang Yi..not offended him but they did make him felt jealous.

His own shadow Shen Ye?

Hmm, Ali, sort of. He refused to share him a piece of pastry. :lol:

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

In MDL..some haters even given as lower as 1/10 rating or 1.5 after watched for a few episodes only..such a childdish attitude.

I'm give TMOPB's 9/10 because , overall it was really an awesome story/drama ( not bad no 3 for Cdrama I've watched, and kind of hooked with cdrama Fantasy Genre thereafter) still gives 9/10 despite my resentful toward Dongfeng's ending.. I really hate the ending of Dongfeng's couple in it.. stupid scripts writers..urgh.

One of the comments - *Stupid girl who chasing after a guy who didn't even know her existence.. stupid ,naive, no dignity* then mentioned they dropped the show.

Too bad they didn't get to watch how that "stupid girl" being persue by the most powerful Almighty deity in the universe soonest after he know of her existence..

Just like @MayanEcho I'm also a latecomer of Cdrama, only interested because of Dongfeng or to be precise it V/R's chemistry the real reason I'm now into Cdrama.

I'm more into Kdrama before...

Just take it that haters will be haters. Ignore them.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Lol all he needed to do was to say it out loud. Poor DH. He must have been silently seething away in that scene.

Wow. 1. That is ridiculous.

I can see why TMOPB is appealing to a wider audience. It is fast pace, more action and drama.

ELoD is emotionally driven and a true romance, it is solely focused on the main leads. I have read some complaints that there are too many dialogs and not enough action. I laughed, because these viewers obviously did not read the drama description. 

It is truly in the drama category this particular story. It’s a romantic one with some angst.

• Like 3