[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

28 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

I know right? The intensity and passion seems abit out of proportion. 

I do feel for the actors and actresses. There is no winning with fans. When the drama goes well and chemistry is off the chart, the fans get into fan wars over that.

When there isn't enough chemistry, they complain too. 

I'm puzzled too.

IMO, the cast should at least look believable enough for their part. And act the role so well it's close enough as real. :) I love it when friends really look like friends, lovers act like lovers, and families have resemblances like they're true kins.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, triplesung said:

In fairness, the story of DH and FJ in TMOPB is actually interesting and it kept the viewers (especially me) hooked but because they changed so much, the original story was buried deep and this is actually an insult (IMO) to TQ. I know TQ had plagiarism scandal with TMOPB but TPB was probably her first original of the 3L3W series of hers. 

Those who said they won't watch ELoD because its the 2nd season of TMOPB, they are missing a lot and I don't say this a lot when it comes to asian dramas. I say it a lot when it comes to ELoD :joy:

For the record, I compared the two books. Tmopb and the book she waa accused of plagiarising. I believe Tang Qi did not plagiarise.

Most of her ideas and creations were inspired by Chinese Classic - Classic of Mountain and Sea. Her inspiration and idea generation was clearly written in the latest articles release by her which we have translated.

Most xianxia novels share similar themes. It is unavoidable as most of the themes are linked to Old Chinese Legends of Mythology and the Heavenly

Gods.

Both books were once self published on the net before a publisher saw Tang Qi’s work and published it first. 

This whole scandal reeks of jealousy induced buhaha if you ask me. And all those keyboard and armchair persecutors just kept right on blowing it up.

Some even threatened her. Eventually she put a stop to it legally. She actually hired people to verify her book is legit and took it to the courts. Result is it cannot be proven that plagiarism happened.

Anyway I have been following her chats and followups on Wechat on Lotus Step. She is actually scared that people will mistaken her for copying again, which is part of why she shared so many chapters of Lotus Step and discussing the plot with readers. 

This is partly to ensure that scandal never ever happens again. By being this transparent, people can’t make false accusations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 4

2 minutes ago, Ninky said:

This is partly to ensure that scandal never ever happens again. By being this transparent, people can’t make false accusations.

That's also pinned in her weibo page, if I remember it right.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

DH and FJ's love story is just beautiful. They are equally selfless and priortise each other before their own well-being.

I loved how DH couldn't resist FJ in all her forms, as a fox or human, he couldn't take his eyes off her, did everything possible to keep her close, and indulge her in every way. I find it sad how some viewers couldn't see how much DH did for FJ. The sacrifices and decisions he made pretty much demonstrates FJ is his everything, like you have mentioned. 

FJ's love for DH is just as beautiful. 

Whenever DH was in danger and FJ knew about it, she made sure DH wasn't facing the situations alone. 

It's extra sweet to read the tidbits, how FJ hand made DH's clothes and DH was so proud of it, he had to show it off court. 

It has been highlighted many times, that FJ's love for DH is instinctive. I would argue that it is the same for DH. In every lives, as soon as DH laid eyes on FJ, he had instinctively fallen for her.

If you were bitterly lonely for over 360,000 years and finally you found someone who wakes your sleeping heart up, you would do everything you can to love this person.

So in a nutshell, that was what happened to Dong Hua. Even Vengo understood the character of DH extremely well. 

In one interview, (going to paraphrase this) Vengo said that Dong Hua in fact has a passionate heart. But over the eons that he has lived, he just didn’t meet the right person for him. So when Feng Jiu came along, that all sacrificing love of hers sparked the fire of passion alight in him.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

50 minutes ago, Ninky said:

If you were bitterly lonely for over 360,000 years and finally you found someone who wakes your sleeping heart up, you would do everything you can to love this person.

So in a nutshell, that was what happened to Dong Hua. Even Vengo understood the character of DH extremely well. 

In one interview, (going to paraphrase this) Vengo said that Dong Hua in fact has a passionate heart. But over the eons that he has lived, he just didn’t meet the right person for him. So when Feng Jiu came along, that all sacrificing love of hers sparked the fire of passion alight in him.

DH transformed upon meeting FJ. If anything, he has bloomed with the right person. All the frozen emotions and warmth came forth for FJ to feel and the world to see. That will only happen because DH has finally met the only one he can ever love.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I am curious. If Dong Hua hadn’t forced Feng Jiu to come out of hiding, when would she have returned to Qingqiu...? When Dong Hua stopped searching for her? When he signed the divorce papers (as if)?

14 minutes ago, Megan said:

I am curious. If Dong Hua hadn’t forced Feng Jiu to come out of hiding, when would she have returned to Qingqiu...? When Dong Hua stopped searching for her? When he signed the divorce papers (as if)?

She might still try to stay longer in mortal realm, except her son is beginning to ask questions that are getting harder to answer or ignore. DH will never stop searching until his demise, nor will he divorce her, even if she divorces him; he said himself that FJ is his wife until his death. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She might still try to stay longer in mortal realm, except her son is beginning to ask questions that are getting harder to answer or ignore. DH will never stop searching until his demise, nor will he divorce her, even if she divorces him; he said himself that FJ is his wife until his death. 

I think he loves her so much and so deep that it is now in his bones. Remember how FJ talked about how Ye Hua would hide his injuries from her aunt and DH joked that perhaps he is weaker than them. 

In reality, he is like Ye Hua in that respect as he hid how injured he really is towards the end. So in short, its that same all encompassing love we have seen through the 3L3W universe.

Lian Song and Mo Yuan will be equally whipped, you just wait and see LOL.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

43 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I think he loves her so much and so deep that it is now in his bones. Remember how FJ talked about how Ye Hua would hide his injuries from her aunt and DH joked that perhaps he is weaker than them. 

In reality, he is like Ye Hua in that respect as he hid how injured he really is towards the end. So in short, its that same all encompassing love we have seen through the 3L3W universe.

Lian Song and Mo Yuan will be equally whipped, you just wait and see LOL.

There should be more reactions available for comments! :)

Lian Song and Mo Yuan both have Dong Hua first in the growing lines to whip them. :lol: Behind him for LS is FJ, FJ's BFF, then Ali. As for MY, behind DH is SW of course, then SW's other BFF. 

DH's "tong" amuses me no end. FJ barely touched his wounds at the cave. :sweatingbullets: But yes, he's so stoic with his injuries. Only with FJ that he's a baby.

YH and DH downplay or hide their wounds; YH through his black garments, DH with the icy facade. BQ and FJ also do their best to keep the brave faces when they're hurt. 

Ah, one more lass doesn't show her pain even after fracturing her bones. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

There should be more reactions available for comments! :)

Lian Song and Mo Yuan both have Dong Hua first in the growing lines to whip them. :lol: Behind him for LS is FJ, FJ's BFF, then Ali. As for MY, behind DH is SW of course, then SW's other BFF. 

DH's "tong" amuses me no end. FJ barely touched his wounds at the cave. :sweatingbullets: But yes, he's so stoic with his injuries. Only with FJ that he's a baby.

At the very end he hid everything from her thinking that it is for her own good. But I seriously doubt she can move on from him if he really dies. As can be seen by her reaction and her rushing to Dong Hua to fight ML, she would rather die with him than live without him. She understands that her family will care for BGG. 

I know to some people that will appear really selfish but their love is like that, all encompassing all or nothing type of love.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I know to some people that will appear really selfish but their love is like that, all encompassing all or nothing type of love.

Aren't most people wanting this kind of love with their beloved? Most wedding vows emphasis is on being together for always. It shouldn't be a surprise why a widow/widower do not marry again, or if they too pass away not long after their spouse's death.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Aren't most people wanting this kind of love with their beloved? Most wedding vows emphasis is on being together for always. It shouldn't be a surprise why a widow/widower do not marry again, or if they too pass away not long after their spouse's death.

Like my grandmother, she couldn't live without my grandpa, she passed away 6 weeks after he left us. She had kidney failure for over a year but she hung on for my grandpa who was starting to have problems eating (he was 98 and that's a good old age). When he passed on, she followed shortly after.

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Ninky said:

Like my grandmother, she couldn't live without my grandpa, she passed away 6 weeks after he left us. She had kidney failure for over a year but she hung on for my grandpa who was starting to have problems eating (he was 98 and that's a good old age). When he passed on, she followed shortly after.

They can't live without the other. 

My grandfather visited grandmother's grave almost daily for 10 years until he too died. They were classmates from grade school. They got together despite religious objections from their parents. They both worked in the same institution, and retired too at the same time. 

Granny died on her birthday while still in ICU. Gran was not well too so he wasn't with her when she passed, and I often thought he visited her daily to make it up somehow.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Let us compare the jealousies of Dong Hua and Ye Hua. The fathers who won’t share their wives with their sons.

Dong Hua is easily provoked. Even when he knows Xiao Yan and Chen Ye aren’t interested in Xiao Bai, he gets jealous Feng Jiu gives them attention. And he also acts on his jealousy, ranging from plotting murder to stealing candies to literally knocking a drunk person unconscious.

meanwhile, Ye Hua is more reserved. Sure he eavesdrops on Bai Qian’s conversation with Li Jing...but at least he does it from a distance. Ye Hua does not counterattack his love rivals, heck he even helps them out if that is Bai Qian’s wish. E.g. bringing Mo Yuan back. His jealousy is quiet but his countermeasure is to make Bai Qian jealous in return. The problem is Bai Qian is clueless and he doesn’t get the reaction he wants.

personally I find Dong Hua’s jealousy more attractive. It’s kind of cute in a childish way how he steals candies and throws a bowl of soup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Let us compare the jealousies of Dong Hua and Ye Hua. The fathers who won’t share their wives with their sons.

Dong Hua is easily provoked. Even when he knows Xiao Yan and Chen Ye aren’t interested in Xiao Bai, he gets jealous Feng Jiu gives them attention. And he also acts on his jealousy, ranging from plotting murder to stealing candies to literally knocking a drunk person unconscious.

meanwhile, Ye Hua is more reserved. Sure he eavesdrops on Bai Qian’s conversation with Li Jing...but at least he does it from a distance. Ye Hua does not counterattack his love rivals, heck he even helps them out if that is Bai Qian’s wish. E.g. bringing Mo Yuan back. His jealousy is quiet but his countermeasure is to make Bai Qian jealous in return. The problem is Bai Qian is clueless and he doesn’t get the reaction he wants.

personally I find Dong Hua’s jealousy more attractive. It’s kind of cute in a childish way how he steals candies and throws a bowl of soup.

Bai Qian is just as her brother said, total lack of awareness about love matters. I think she shut herself off from love ever since her bad experience with Li Jing and just focused on keeping her teacher's body preserved which turned out to be a good idea, otherwise Mo Yuan will still return but it will require a way more convoluted way (for example Ye Hua or

Spoiler

Zu Ti. @MayanEcho I am sure you know what I mean.

His immortal body is essentially in a deep sleep and not really dead (the characters had no idea but Tang Qi has confirmed that he appeared dead but was actually in a deep sleep)

Feng Jiu has more awareness but was still clueless that Dong Hua had a thing for her when fate finally knocked on her front door. The younger girl was definitely raised by her aunt, you can see their similarities and also their differences clearly.

Though Feng Jiu married the more powerful guy hahaha. :tounge_wink:.

Also sidenote did anyone else notice how people call Di Jun, "that old man" behind his back a lot? So far only Feng Jiu called him "old man" to his face. :naughty:

I chuckle everytime someone did that as he DOES NOT LOOK OLD! In the book, he is described as a young man who looks like he is in his early twenties. But his immortal aura is ancient and most people can feel it.

• LOL 5

2 hours ago, Megan said:

I definitely prefer DH and how he openly showed his jealousy.

It's appealing to me because he only show this side to FJ. I don't think DH can hide it, even if he tried. FJ learned quickly to pacify DH, this is another reason why I think they are so cute together. They just naturally 'fit' in so many ways!

I didn't watch YH and BQ's story so I can't say much. But based on your description, YH would had more luck with BQ if he was as expressive as DH. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Megan said:

Thank you Shen Ye, because of his existence and DH's jealousy we finally get the *ehem* scene even though the blanket covered them :joy:

In a way, to me DH shows his jealousy clearly to FJ while YH is a bit more stoic.

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, Megan said:

His jealousy is quiet but his countermeasure is to make Bai Qian jealous in return. The problem is Bai Qian is clueless and he doesn’t get the reaction he wants.

In TMOPB, BQ wasn't at all jealous when YH tried to through Miao Qing. What was more funny was that BQ thought YH was having an "afternoon delight" with one of the pretty maid when she came to take back her fan. 

BQ was so clueless to think that way! No way a fiancé, much less someone trying to win your trust and affections be that risqué even with her permission to have somebody else aside from her! :joy:

As for DH - he himself says he is jealous. Not just once he says he is, he acts too like one e.g. as Xi Ze after coming from the mountain and tells FJ Aranya he purposely avoided her because he's jealous that she's always with SMY.

• LOL 4

29 minutes ago, Ninky said:

sidenote did anyone else notice how people call Di Jun, "that old man" behind his back a lot? So far only Feng Jiu called him "old man" to his face. :naughty:

I don’t remember that. I only remember the weirdo comment.

speaming of old...fairies gossiped about Bai Qian’s nerve in marrying Ye Hua since he is old enough to be her grandson. They even thought her to look old.

I want to see them say such rumours to Dong Hua. An even older immortal marrying an even younger immortal lol

26 minutes ago, ChibiLy said:

It's appealing to me because he only show this side to FJ. I don't think DH can hide it, even if he tried. FJ learned quickly to pacify DH

Like when Meng Shao claimed to become gay and Feng Jiu told Dong Hua she would cook for him

• Like 2

On 6/8/2020 at 12:43 PM, MayanEcho said:

The wedding might be in Lotus Steps, but IMO it will be nicer if it's Bodhi Fate so that SW can join the fun. Pregnancy news might be announced halfway through the celebration. :lol: But the new baby sibling of BGG will be born only after 3 years - that's how long it takes them.

But I thought SW woke up and it happens there was an invitation to celebrate DH's son birth, ceremony or something like that? And I assume that is the second son which mean the 200 day wedding is already over. And if Dongfeng have only two cubs, mean no daughter then. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1